Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

RatHat posted:

I think they disabled Standard pack openings because people were getting too many signature legendaries.

I opened my about ten minutes ago and got zero. Maybe I missed it :/ edit: oh, standard packs. gently caress me for not saving those for the new expansion.

Starsfan posted:

the one at the start of the trail is meant to be the 4th fight? ok.... weird design choice

It's definitely bugged. It wraps around to the forth fight and it's with illidan, which would be the final confrontation at ice crown, not the first.

Lister fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RatHat posted:

I think they disabled Standard pack openings because people were getting too many signature legendaries.

yep

I got *4* signature legendaries in my first Standard pack before they disabled it

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

RatHat posted:

God the animated Arthas portrait is so fuckin ugly

Haha yeah, it's like some weird Poser animation or whatever that program was goons were making Captain America memes with in 2004.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Can't say I've ever seen this bug before.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Lister posted:

I opened my about ten minutes ago and got zero. Maybe I missed it :/ edit: oh, standard packs. gently caress me for not saving those for the new expansion.

It's definitely bugged. It wraps around to the forth fight and it's with illidan, which would be the final confrontation at ice crown, not the first.

yeah I played the first 3 over lunch hour and it's de-synched.. you get the 4 fights in the correct order but the map is wrong and the pre-fight narrative is mis-aligned.. or rather the pre-fight narrative is correct for the position you are on the map but the fights that are supposed to correspond to the locations are not in those positions lol

well done Blizzard

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

RatHat posted:

Yup. Can't open standard packs on pc or android.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

RatHat posted:

I wish it was disabled, it just hangs the game looking at 5 card backs and makes me restart.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Hearthstone does it again, now all the NA players at work and the Asian players who were sleeping get to see all the twitter posts of people who opened 4 signature legendary packs

great stuff Blizzard, hope you goons got in on it while the getting was good

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I opened a pack, freaked out, and then I had a meeting to go to

so I missed out on popping 120 packs of goodies

fuuuuuuck

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

very hosed up if they're just gonna let people lucky enough to open the packs early a bunch of legendaries wtf

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

very hosed up if they're just gonna let people lucky enough to open the packs early a bunch of legendaries wtf

well they can't (and shouldn't) just yank those cards back.. I know they did that with the free dust that one time but cards are a different thing to me.

**like with the dust rollback it was because they deposited like 15k dust in people's accounts and the people should have been aware on some level it was a mistake and they shouldn't be entitled to so they spent all of the dust asap to lock in the mistake.. with the packs nobody was doing anything to game the system or whatever, it was just people opening packs they had saved up and were going to open at that moment no matter what.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 6, 2022

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Missing it stings even more when you realize there's going to be 4-6 extra legendaries available in this expansion. I see that the event is giving out two, so maybe events will give out a few to make up for it, but it still sucks.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

lol I was saving my packs to open after I'd unlocked the death knight class and it looks like I missed the boat on extra legendaries

rip me

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

yea i'm pretty bummed that i missed out on this too.

tried opening some different packs and nothing works for me. but i could still buy something from the shop... so glad they have their priorities straight!

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
went 9-1 with the greediest of homebrew Blood DK decks. Nine of my opponents were other death knights

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
unpacked golden Lady Svalna and I'm having a blast with the Infinite Shadows deck even though I have boomer APM

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Last King posted:

yea i'm pretty bummed that i missed out on this too.
Yeah same. Whole thing happened overnight my time so I wake up and find out I've missed a shitload of legendaries.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
The old reverse bolvar

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah same. Whole thing happened overnight my time so I wake up and find out I've missed a shitload of legendaries.

it's both frustrating and sad that the old blizzard saying is still going strong in 2022: exploit early, exploit often, and get rewarded.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

peer posted:

went 9-1 with the greediest of homebrew Blood DK decks. Nine of my opponents were other death knights

Post your list.

I unpacked the hunter legendary that gives spell damage and I've been playing with shockspitters. Feels strong (probably much better if I had the arcane quivers). Brann+shockspitter is nasty if you drew early weapons. Bouncing spitters with swarm helps a lot with early board control and preserves the combo.

### shocks
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Candleshot
# 2x (1) Ricochet Shot
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Bloodseeker
# 2x (2) Conjured Arrow
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 2x (2) Shockspitter
# 2x (2) Silvermoon Farstrider
# 2x (2) Talented Arcanist
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Halduron Brightwing
# 2x (3) Keeneye Spotter
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (4) Eversong Portal
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
#
AAECAZerBATbkQSW1ASY1ASwkgUNlegD6ukDlPwD9o8EqZ8Eqp8Ep5AFmpIFqpIFqJMFqZMFrpMFj6QFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

peer
Jan 17, 2004

fanny packrat posted:

Post your list.

### patchwerk on 7
# Class: Death Knight
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Body Bagger
# 2x (1) Heart Strike
# 2x (1) Runeforging
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Hematurge
# 2x (2) Vampiric Blood
# 2x (3) Asphyxiate
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Chillfallen Baron
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Soulbreaker
# 2x (4) Death Strike
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (5) Blood Boil
# 2x (5) Corpse Explosion
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 2x (6) Corrupted Ashbringer
# 2x (6) Gnome Muncher
# 1x (6) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (7) Alexandros Mograine
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (7) Patchwerk
# 1x (8) Invincible
# 2x (8) Soulstealer
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAECAfHhBAqm7wOoigTp0ASY1AS42QSJ5gSX7wSE9gTfogXipAUPlrcE6uME9OME/OME/eMEieQElOQEleQEj+0Eh/YE4PYEsvcEs/cEtvoEq4AFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

i used this, which is definitely not the optimal version. Based on my 10 total games in an extremely DK-heavy meta I think double Asphyxiate is overkill, double Corpse Explosion is overkill, Denathrius and Invincible are bad

edit: also I don't think you should be able to discover cards you don't fill the rune requirements for

peer fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 6, 2022

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Well, now I feel lovely because I only opened the one signature legendary in my 30 standard packs before they shut it down.

Anyhoo, I needed to get three Priest games done, and since I had opened her anyway I grabbed this Infinite Svalna deck from VS and it is just dumb and crazy APM fun. Often I just get concedes immediately once I go to round two by casting one or more discovered Animated Dead.

Get one Radiant Elemental into your dead pool, play Svalna as early as possible. Switcheroo and Grave Digging help tutoring her out, the latter synergizes after you played a Spirit Guide on 5 (as it's an Elemental Undead).

Then, with the other Radiant Elemental and two Animate Dead in hand, you go quasi infinite on Vision of Darkness casts, fishing for heals and board clears as needed. Went 3-1 with it right off the bat.

### InfiniSvalna
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Desperate Prayer
# 2x (0) Illuminate
# 2x (1) Animate Dead
# 2x (1) Flash Heal
# 2x (1) Gift of the Naaru
# 2x (1) Holy Smite
# 2x (1) Shard of the Naaru
# 2x (1) The Light! It Burns!
# 1x (2) Condemn (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Radiant Elemental
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Switcheroo
# 2x (4) Grave Digging
# 1x (4) Xyrella
# 2x (5) Clean the Scene
# 1x (5) Spirit Guide
# 1x (6) Sister Svalna
#
AAECAdG+BQSe6wPU7QOIowTvkQUNmesDh/cDrYoEhZ8Ey6AEiqMEorYE9dME+dsEutwE9vEEpJEF6pQFAA==
#

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 6, 2022

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Lister posted:

Same. Small indie company, etc.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The dialogue for me was boned as well, it had the introductory Illidans dialogue for the Sylvanas fight and then the Sylvanas one for the Illidan fight and then the game froze when I killed Illidan, possibly because I won with the effect from the card that does 1 damage twice when you cast a spell so it hosed with the animation where Arthas attacks with frostmourne to finish each fight. That'd be my assumption anyway, or it's just hosed.

Didn't gently caress up the unlock anyway so I didn't care.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

thebardyspoon posted:

The dialogue for me was boned as well, it had the introductory Illidans dialogue for the Sylvanas fight and then the Sylvanas one for the Illidan fight and then the game froze when I killed Illidan, possibly because I won with the effect from the card that does 1 damage twice when you cast a spell so it hosed with the animation where Arthas attacks with frostmourne to finish each fight. That'd be my assumption anyway, or it's just hosed.

Didn't gently caress up the unlock anyway so I didn't care.

it hosed up for me too, but when I relaunched the game everything had unlocked silently...

until I went into Mercs and started a bounty

THEN it did the "New Class Unlocked!" popup

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

I've been having fun with this UUU aggro DK deck from VS:

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/decks/uuu-aggro-unholy-death-knight/

It's nice and cheap at 1760 dust, and I had most of it already from opening packs

Also very fun when Nerubian Vizier gives me a spell like The Scourge and I can fill the board back up after my opponent wipes it

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

aw frig aw dang it posted:

Also very fun when Nerubian Vizier gives me a spell like The Scourge and I can fill the board back up after my opponent wipes it

this happened to me but I was playing against a mage, so he played that pseudo-iceblock can-only-take-1-damage bullshit and he OTK me next round with the new combo cards! very fun!

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

frajaq posted:

this happened to me but I was playing against a mage, so he played that pseudo-iceblock can-only-take-1-damage bullshit and he OTK me next round with the new combo cards! very fun!

That's my favorite poo poo in this game lol

Love taking big swings

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I have multiple decks missing cards now - was there a rotation or something?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

no, but the Knights of the Frozen Throne cards that were temporarily added last month were removed

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

peer posted:

no, but the Knights of the Frozen Throne cards that were temporarily added last month were removed

Oh that's it then, thank you

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I missed out, but on the other hand the signaure legendaries look dogshit :cope:

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

I just wanna open my standard packs :negative:

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
the one time i'm out for the launch and THIS happens????????

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Ugh, I didn't pay attention to what the Path of Arthas was and assumed it was the adventure. I blew the ~2.5k gold I had saved up on packs, enough that I'm no longer getting new common stuff, and wondered why there were still craftable common cards :saddumb:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Been seeing an Aggro Shadow Priest deck on ladder and it looks pretty disgusting

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I ran a janky deathrattle rogue featuring the new undead 4/8 and the Shadows spell for more consistency

it was interesting but not tier 1 material

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 7, 2022

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Dr Christmas posted:

Ugh, I didn't pay attention to what the Path of Arthas was and assumed it was the adventure. I blew the ~2.5k gold I had saved up on packs, enough that I'm no longer getting new common stuff, and wondered why there were still craftable common cards :saddumb:

It's scummy as gently caress that they hid the 2k gold path of Arthas inside the golden premium real money version on the store, I spent ages looking for it before I looked at the golden one and went 'surely they wouldn't be *that* predatory'

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Control BBB DK is really strong. Copes with aggro fairly well, but struggles against Ramp Druid.

Ramp Druid is quite ridiculous right now. Brann needs to moved out of standard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I've done extremely well with deathrattle shaman. If they don't control it early it quickly gets out of hand, but if they do it has nice finishers with denathrius or Bolner+Astalor.