Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

probably not far off, even the Ukraine sources have kind of acknowledged that Bahkmut has been a very bloody affair (for both sides they claim)

also we all know what's going on here, Zelenskey is holding out for that Time person of the year recognition then he's going to sign the surrender documents the next day after those print. The long con is winding to an end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

Blood isnt that cartoon vibrant, especially not after a while exposed to air, smh

Maybe yours isn't, but a truly powerful person's blood should be at least that bright. Mine is so bright that I appear to glow at all times.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
orc blood is green idiots

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Futanari Damacy posted:

One good thing about the team responsible for suppressing inconveniently trending topics on Twitter being locked out of their own building is all kinds of stuff is allowed to trend now that never did before. My browsing habits on Twitter haven't changed, but I'm seeing a ton more #FreePalestine and the like. I'm finding it overall to be much more tailored to my interests, without the garbage that was being obviously pushed from on high and had nothing to do with any actual interactions.

I'm seeing the absolute opposite. Religious content, a bunch of forced memes by supposed CEOs, and things that have jack all to do with anyone I interact with. All propped up by bots.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Ytlaya posted:

To be fair, I didn't notice them until you mentioned it, but I'm also color-blind so that might have something to do with it lol

I really appreciate the Bernie avatar buyer's attention to detail. (Yours is greyscale on the chance your colourblindness is that bad you can't tell).

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Weka posted:

I really appreciate the Bernie avatar buyer's attention to detail. (Yours is greyscale on the chance your colourblindness is that bad you can't tell).

posters.xlsx (440 MiB)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

lol goons thinkin bodies instagib and blow red goo everywhere, in frozen conditions

This is what should have happen if you're healthy. A good test is to try pricking yourself with a needle. If blood sprays out you're fine, but if it just oozes out you need to improve your diet.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

This is what should have happen if you're healthy. A good test is to try pricking yourself with a needle. If blood sprays out you're fine, but if it just oozes out you need to improve your diet.

When i prick myself with a needle, red coolant and transmission fluid ooze out

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
So cringe that people don't want to see gore in this thread. Nut up you cucks.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

evilmiera posted:

I'm seeing the absolute opposite. Religious content, a bunch of forced memes by supposed CEOs, and things that have jack all to do with anyone I interact with. All propped up by bots.

evilmiera posted:

Nobody told me Assange got stabbed almost to death, I never get to hear anything fun :(

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit

look I'm not one of those psycho people who stare at gore pictures all day but those pictures clearly do not have blood in them, that is not what blood looks like at all lol

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i miss pegleg. looks like he got his gofundme cash and ran. hasnt tweeted in 2 motnhs

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

i thought you had to put a burning needle into the blood

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

paul_soccer12 posted:

i miss pegleg. looks like he got his gofundme cash and ran. hasnt tweeted in 2 motnhs

i'll start the qcs thread

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

PiratePrentice posted:

look I'm not one of those psycho people who stare at gore pictures all day but those pictures clearly do not have blood in them, that is not what blood looks like at all lol

Believe it or not, some people like to see other humans get "red misted" for fun, amusement, I'm not really sure- but we don't stand for it here thankfully. I for one appreciate the vigilance in trying to keep that crap out.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
But yeah that's definitely just any number of vehicular fluids lol

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Futanari Damacy posted:

Believe it or not, some people like to see other humans get "red misted" for fun, amusement, I'm not really sure- but we don't stand for it here thankfully. I for one appreciate the vigilance in trying to keep that crap out.

I'd rather see people have to walk back a claim of blood than let gore slip through.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Futanari Damacy posted:

please change your av, I don't want to see clearly blood soaked garments

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
not sure if it was blood or not but the tweet itself thought it was blood since it had some message about how 4 Russians died with a kiss face with the picture. really the gross part is the celebration of death and violence not particularly blood itself

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
even though the argument was sidetracked by pretending it’s about the chemical consistency of a red fluid. the knee jerk distancing of himself from the tweets by saying it was from a google search is all the evidence you need imo

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
As far as I'm concerned it's not hard to spoiler-tag and NMS tweets that look like they have blood or gore in them. So do that.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
/\ may as well, right?

Vomik posted:

not sure if it was blood or not but the tweet itself thought it was blood since it had some message about how 4 Russians died with a kiss face with the picture. really the gross part is the celebration of death and violence not particularly blood itself

I think the really gross part is the death and violence. Oh and coolant is dyed, it's not any colour because of it's active ingredients, which is mostly just ethylene glycol.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
When someone dies-

A well adjusted person: That's very sad, RIP :pressf:

Ghoulish, brainless simpleton: Play stupid games, win stupid prizes :dumb:

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

indigi posted:

isn't there though

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Военный Осведомитель posted:

Модернизируемые на заводе чешской компании Excalibur Army пикапы с 14.5-мм зенитными установками ЗПУ-2 для последующей передачи Украине.

Скорее всего, данные легкие мобильные зенитные установки будут преимущественно использоваться противником для борьбы с дронами-камикадзе "Герань-2".

@milinfolive
(from t.me/milinfolive/94112, via tgsa)

Czechs are building 14.5mm gun trucks for Ukraine with the necessary stuff for AA fire.

[ Album ]
The Ministry of Defense has received a batch of upgraded T-72B3M fr. 2022.

The distinguishing feature of this upgrade is the presence of dynamic protection around the perimeter of the tank hull and turret, as well as additional units near the gun mask.

@milinfolive
(from t.me/milinfolive/94105, via tgsa)

New T-72 variant delivered to the Russians.

В ЛНР прибыла партия новейших танков Т-90М

@milinfolive
(from t.me/milinfolive/94068, via tgsa)

New batch of T-90Ms also appeared in Lugansk. Number thrown around was 200 or so.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

paul_soccer12 posted:

respect for knowing when to cash in and bail

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Danann posted:

(from t.me/milinfolive/94068, via tgsa)

New batch of T-90Ms also appeared in Lugansk. Number thrown around was 200 or so.

Interesting to see the little merkava style chains on these

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Danann posted:

(from t.me/milinfolive/94112, via tgsa)

Czechs are building 14.5mm gun trucks for Ukraine with the necessary stuff for AA fire.

literally technicals lol

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

he should be playing centaur warrunner, not shadowfiend

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
what is putins mmo of choice and what class does he play

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
putin plays lineage 2 overlord

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

putin plays dota 2

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

putin plays nexus tk

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/VR_NSR500/status/1599904292894572546?t=4I7Il__B6bazwT4WvkoH3w&s=19

speng31b
May 8, 2010

unspoilered gore below

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

on a scale of 1-10 how happy would you be to take a ride in this thing?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

CODChimera posted:

on a scale of 1-10 how happy would you be to take a ride in this thing?

There's an Arma mod of it a few years back and lol what a goofy fuckin aircraft

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1686321576

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Timothy Snyder’s Bloodlands: Right-wing propaganda disguised as historical scholarship — Part One

quote:

Introduction

In April, Basic Books published a second edition of Timothy Snyder’s 2010 book Bloodlands, advertising it as the “essential historical background to the war in Ukraine.” The extraordinary role that Snyder is playing in justifying the imperialist proxy war against Russia in Ukraine and the alliance of US imperialism with the Ukrainian far right make it imperative to investigate this work more closely.

Since the beginning of the war in February, Snyder has appeared countless times on television, has published multiple pieces in the New York Times and the New York Review of Books and has spoken at numerous academic events. In his appearances, Twitter threads and other writings, he has buttressed US imperialist war propaganda against Russia with historical distortions and lies, ranging from false claims of “genocide” to an alleged “hunger plan” by Putin and the existence of a “fascist regime” in Russia.

Most of Snyder’s current war propaganda relies on Bloodlands. At the heart of Bloodlands is the claim that the crimes of Nazism in Europe were a response to the crimes of Stalin in Soviet Ukraine in 1932-1933, which “began Europe’s era of mass killing” (p. vii), and the “national terror” that Stalin allegedly launched against Poles in the Soviet Union in 1937-1938. 

The focus of the book, Snyder claims, are the 14 million people that were murdered “by the Nazi and Soviet regimes” in Eastern Europe. Deliberately excluding most of the former Soviet Union, he only pays attention to what he calls the “Bloodlands” that extended “from central Poland to western Russia, through Ukraine, Belarus and the Baltic states.” (p. viii)

The reader is not given any coherent explanation as to where this focus on these “Bloodlands” is coming from and why much of the former Soviet Union was excluded. Snyder just makes up this new geographic category without even so much as an attempt at a historical justification. 

Nor is there any explanation given for why, suddenly, the famine in Soviet Ukraine of 1932-1933 should be seen as the beginning of “Europe’s era of mass killing.” Why not the First World War of 1914-1918, in which at least 20 million people were killed, and which led to both the October Revolution and the emergence of fascist movements throughout Europe? The fact that during World War II alone, at least 27 million Soviet citizens perished, almost twice the number of victims that Snyder chooses to focus on, is also simply ignored. With over 12 million victims of Nazism in the former Soviet Union left out of his account, Snyder insists that “Stalin’s own record of mass murder was almost as imposing as Hitler’s. Indeed, in times of peace it was far worse.” (p. x)

The significance of these claims can only be understood in their broader historical and political context. In advancing these arguments, Timothy Snyder echoes, in all essentials, the positions of the far-right German historian Ernst Nolte. Beginning in 1980, Nolte argued that the crimes of Nazism, including the Holocaust, were caused by the “violence” unleashed by the Russian Revolution of 1917. Nolte explicitly spoke of a “causal nexus” between the Russian Revolution and Nazism. He insisted that the crimes of Nazism could only be understood as a “fear-borne reaction to the acts of annihilation that took place during the Russian Revolution.” These “acts of annihilation” were, according to Nolte, the class war of the Bolshevik regime against the bourgeoisie and later against the peasants in the forced collectivization campaign that began in the late 1920s. These “acts of annihilation” were the “original,” Nolte claimed; those of Nazism “a distorted copy.” The Russian Revolution, in his words, was the “most important precondition” of the Nazi regime.[1]

As this review will show, what Snyder presents in Bloodlands is not an “empirical” project. In fact, it cannot be called “history” in the actual sense of the term. Exploiting his prestige as a professor at Yale University, one of the most elite institutions in the world, Snyder presents an account of some of the most important historical experiences of the 20th century that is based on an amalgam of half-truths, lies, distortions and horror stories. Its central axis is the revival of the justification of fascism provided by Ernst Nolte, with modifications and additions that are derived primarily from the ideological arsenal of the Polish and Ukrainian far right.

PART 1: The false presentation of the Soviet famine as a “deliberate” policy of mass murder

The Soviet famine of 1931-1933 claimed the lives of an estimated 7 million people, roughly half of them in Soviet Ukraine. Even excluding the Urals, Siberia and the Far East—which also suffered famine—over 70 million out of the 160 million people in the USSR were living in famine areas. This included not only Soviet Kazakhstan and Soviet Ukraine, but also the Lower and Central Volga regions, the Central Black-Earth region and the North Caucasus.[2]

Yet even though Snyder offhandedly admits that “collectivization was a disaster everywhere in the Soviet Union” (42), his own discussion of the famine is limited almost entirely to Soviet Ukraine. Snyder claims that “the evidence of clearly premeditated mass murder on the scale of millions is most evident in Soviet Ukraine... Famine had struck parts of Soviet Russia as well as much of Soviet Ukraine in 1932. Nevertheless, the policy response to Ukraine was special, and lethal.” (p. 42, emphasis added)

Throughout the book, Snyder puts the famine on par with the killing policies of the Nazis, claiming that it served as an inspiration for the latter. Echoing Nolte’s claims that the crimes of the Nazis were a “copy” of those of Stalinism, he writes, “It helps to know that Nazi planners were aware that Soviet policy had brought about devastating famine in Ukraine in 1933, because then we understand that they sought to do the same thing.” (p. 415)

While Snyder himself is careful to not expressly use the term “genocide” for the famine in Soviet Ukraine, he clearly insinuates that it is appropriate. Thus, he mentions that Rafał Lemkin, “the international lawyer who invented the term genocide, would call the Ukrainian case ‘the classic example of Soviet genocide’.” (pp. 53-54) 

Yet Snyder fails to produce a single document proving the intention to kill a large number of people, let alone a large number of specifically Ukrainians, on the part of the Soviet leadership. This, however, would be the necessary precondition to substantiate the very serious allegation and historical assessment of a “genocide,” based on the definition provided by the United Nations. It must be stressed that such documents proving the intent to kill exist in abundance for the Nazi policies of mass murder of the Jews of Europe, several other victim groups, or, for that matter, Stalin’s Great Terror of 1936-1938.

Snyder cites no such documents because they do not exist. Despite many volumes of documentary collections and historical studies of the subject since the opening of the archives of the former Soviet Union since 1991, not a single document suggesting that Soviet leaders had the intention to kill a large number of people, let alone on an ethnic basis, has been found. The famine was the result of criminal policies, but these policies were of a very different nature than the genocide perpetrated by the Nazi regime against European Jewry.

It's a very long article so I am cutting it off there but you can follow through the link if you're interested

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Lmfao incredible. Capitalism is like meth but for whole countries.