Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I did not know this!

https://twitter.com/FFXIVXD/status/1599795735578320906?t=uTufg5DNNCOB2RdHMOHnuA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

One thing I love about the blue mage spellbook is giving explanations to each move beyond gameplay properties. Would love to see that more for other jobs, although it's unrealistic given how much things change over time. There are already examples ingame of attempts to give lore to certain moves no longer making sense because the move is gone or so different than what it used to be.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Onean posted:

Double post, but they've announced the next Moogle tomestone event, starting on 12/12.

The Namazu neckerchief is back as the unique glamour piece. Other notable rewards that I'm aware of are the Falcon mount, which was part of a subscription campaign but is now only available during some of the Mogstone events, the Spotted Fedora and Spencer, normally only available with the Coeurlregina FATE tokens, the /fistpump emote, from Eureka content, and the Seiryu, Sophia and Nidhogg Extreme mounts.

They chose the HW Alliance Raids and the Hildibrand Trials for this event, and Rival Wings is back. No Aurum Vale this time, though.

I'm guessing the "speedrun" is going to be Blue Mage Brayflox Hard

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Honestly given that I haven't seen a moogle event where it wasn't aurum vale, I'm sort of excited to see how blu shenanigans go in a different dungeon.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mordiceius posted:

I think it'll be Halatali Hard instead, because Brayflox Hard the final boss is both not vulnerable to Missile and has those fuckin stupid HP gates where it wheels around the room and drops bombs

fun as hell fight but not good for goinfast

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I think it'll be Halatali Hard instead, because Brayflox Hard the final boss is both not vulnerable to Missile and has those fuckin stupid HP gates where it wheels around the room and drops bombs

I ran it a couple of weeks ago, we wiped the first time because those of us who had done it before completely forgot how big those explosions are and didn't make a big enough safe space. Second time was plenty of AoE spam and then huddling in the middle.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You can't moonflute/whistle/final sting him past those?

I know that when I do catbook, Brayflox is usually the dungeon I run because I can solo it in about 3 minutes.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mordiceius posted:

You can't moonflute/whistle/final sting him past those?

I know that when I do catbook, Brayflox is usually the dungeon I run because I can solo it in about 3 minutes.
That's actually a fair question, I have no idea if you can just oneshot. I thought they were hard gates but they might be soft gates and you just kill before the wheely doo animation kicks in.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

That's actually a fair question, I have no idea if you can just oneshot. I thought they were hard gates but they might be soft gates and you just kill before the wheely doo animation kicks in.

They're definitely soft gates because at level 90, you can kill him without him going invuln. I don't kill him in one hit either. Fights like Titan and a lot of the other trials have those hard invuln gates. The first 10 seconds or so of the boss are a series of animations so you can burn him down in that time and the boss won't break animation to go invuln.

I'm sure people will figure it out quickly one way or another.

I haven't done Halatali hard in a long time so I don't remember the flow of that dungeon, but Brayflox hard is -> Big pull (key) -> boss 1 -> big pull (brayflox) -> boss 2 -> small pull (key) -> small pull (key) -> boss 3. Waiting for Brayflox to open boss 2 could be a bottleneck. 4 trash pulls in total though. If you go 1 tank/3 blue mage, you should be able to ultravibration all 4 of them (since by the time you get to the 4th pull, the first blue mage should have their ability off CD).

Regardless, you're looking at probably 3-4 min runs or so? That would be a tomestone a minute. Not as good as Turn 2 was, but still not terrible.

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 5, 2022

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm going to queue up for Dun Scaith 2-3x a day to give the sleepy raid rouletters some fun

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

FuturePastNow posted:

I'm going to queue up for Dun Scaith 2-3x a day to give the sleepy raid rouletters some fun

I like doing that with the last two Ivalice raids.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Twibbit posted:

Tell the people who keep doing that with Weeping City to knock it off. Wipes to Ozma and Forgall (!) are funny from time to time but not 3+ times a week.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

FuturePastNow posted:

Saaaame

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I’ve moved to Dynamis and as such never get anything except CT, sometimes after waiting over an hour on bad days. :negative:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Martman posted:

secretly the best mount in the game

I already have the scooty puff jr

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
I'll be using the Mogtome event to grind Frontline for both tomestones and PvP rank. I haven't gotten to 25 yet for the mount

hopeandjoy posted:

I’ve moved to Dynamis and as such never get anything except CT, sometimes after waiting over an hour on bad days. :negative:
I see people from Dynamis that DC travel back to Primal or Aether pretty regularly for group stuff. Worth a shot if you don't want to wait for so long.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

iPodschun posted:

I'll be using the Mogtome event to grind Frontline for both tomestones and PvP rank. I haven't gotten to 25 yet for the mount

I see people from Dynamis that DC travel back to Primal or Aether pretty regularly for group stuff. Worth a shot if you don't want to wait for so long.

Yeah I do it sometimes it’s just that that means I also lose my FC’s Heat of Battle II buff. Oh well, you have to pick your poison.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, I should probably be using DC travel on the Dynamis alt, although that character is still in ARR and nothing's taken too long to pop even late at night. Some of the groups have been weird, although I guess that's LDR for you. Seraph is, uh, definitely Dynamis Balmung, I guess?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

KoB posted:

I already have the scooty puff jr

I didn't have the gumption to get the glowy one, either time, and I regularly kick myself for it

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
If you're all DC travelling somewhere else for duties that makes it even harder to fill them back on Dynamis though

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, I should probably be using DC travel on the Dynamis alt, although that character is still in ARR and nothing's taken too long to pop even late at night. Some of the groups have been weird, although I guess that's LDR for you. Seraph is, uh, definitely Dynamis Balmung, I guess?

I've only hopped my Dynamis character back to Primal for PvP or for occasional shopping if things are too expensive. Everything else has been fine for me, though I have had to wait 3 to 5 minutes for EXDR as a tank sometimes. I play on Maduin now and it's not quite as crazy. Seraph may have been a better choice for the extra population but I got my ishgard house without any competition so :shrug:

https://twitter.com/RaytheOndore/status/1596233692351205376

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, I'm on Marilith and hoping to snag a house this cycle. I haven't DC-hopped except for shopping, and honestly I'd prefer to play honestly on Dynamis to help build a functional community there, which will hopefully get easier as we go. I'll just keep DC-hopping in mind if stuff really doesn't work.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
There's an effort on Discord to get PvP going and they're hoping to spread the word that with the Moogle Tome event coming it could help queues on the DC.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Just suddenly reminded I'd pay cold hard money to get the loporrit cheek rub emote

Frost Ace
Oct 26, 2010
That seems like a potential beast tribe reward!

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Twibbit posted:

Orbonne is the best 24 man though

Excited to have more reasons to ignore the msq and do pvp instead. Definitely want the Seiryu mount, neckpiece, falcon mount.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Frost Ace posted:

That seems like a potential beast tribe reward!

What is this? The sixth astral era? They’re just Tribes now! :colbert:

Frost Ace
Oct 26, 2010
Sorry, it's my Monetarist upbringing :ignorance:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

What is this? The sixth astral era? They’re just Tribes now! :colbert:

Oh right, we've got taters and robots now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wish we could trade male Viera for playable Loporrits.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the new races still won't be able to wear hats

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I wish we could trade male Viera Lalafell for playable Loporrits.

Ftfy

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Trade out female roegadyn :evilbuddy:

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
get rid of the hat slot to make room for more rings

fair for everyone!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Nah man, Roeladies own. Rolling one as an alt has been such a breath of fresh air after Au Ra Lyfe; she can wear hats and earrings like a normal person! No tail clipping!

(Yes, I could have rolled a Hyur. I did not and will not be taking questions at this time)

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Why would anyone roll a hyur tho

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

hazardousmouse posted:

Why would anyone roll a hyur tho

Massive himbo energy for highland dude at least

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Massive himbo energy for highland dude at least

Highlanders have their own model, energy and appeal (I move that highlander ladies have the best race-specific emotes), there's reasons to pick them even if I think sometimes it feels like they're approached as 'Diet Roegadyn'.

There's only two reasons people play midlanders:

1. Trying to imitate a 'normal human' existing character either from this game or another,

2. Terminal unoriginality in a character creator, even worse than the people who play the default Shepard in Mass Effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Cleretic posted:

'Diet Roegadyn'
This is basically why i play a Highlander lady. I was trying to make a Roe lady but couldn't land on a design i liked, then i tried Highlander and liked their options much better. I set the height and muscle sliders to 100 and haven't changed my Excalibur character since.