Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Mmm, just thinkin' 'bout dem delicious, delicious dead rats.

That's Xmas dinner sorted, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

His Divine Shadow posted:

Gotta be careful how you fold them, wrong way and they start to look a bit fashy...

E: actually more like a triskelion. A tris-kitty-lion?

E2: vvvvvvv :hmmyes:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

One more and you'd have a swastikat.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Those aren't Manx cats...

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

sebzilla posted:

Those aren't Manx cats...

Well, they are, in the sense they don't pay tax HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

His Divine Shadow posted:

Gotta be careful how you fold them, wrong way and they start to look a bit fashy...

Harmless xmas tradition etc

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Or maybe they just delivered it like they said they would?

You're complaining that they did what you paid them for?

She's complaining she had to call them to make them do that. That should be fairly obvious.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Also wife decided to go out for two hours while waiting for a food delivery and either we've been porch pirated or the bin men just took it :sigh:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1600148281689923592

:allears:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Is there some german word that describes this, similar to schadenfreude but more about the "no please go ahead, here's another shovel to help with the digging" aspect

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Schaufelimloch maybe. Or just arschloch for tories.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Guavanaut posted:

Schaufelimloch maybe. Or just arschloch for tories.

"Neingrabeaufwärtsdummkopf"

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Waitrose has brought back the hand sanitizer station at the entrance.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Waitrose has brought back the hand sanitizer station at the entrance.

never went away here

it broke down for a few weeks but they kept it there regardless and then someone bodged it together again so it just about functions but badly

metaphors for life and society ITT

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Gonzo McFee posted:

Centrist Pundit:We all have to be worried about online radicalisation leading to a rise of The Far Right

Also Centrist Pundits: Finally, some grown up politics

https://twitter.com/joncstone/status/1599814041454534656

what a oval office

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
But it's just the price I pay
'oval office' is what they're calling me
Open up my leader lies
'Cause I'm Mr. Bothsides

Brilladelphia
Jun 26, 2012

Cool.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

good username / post combo

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Thanks for the pointers regarding heating the house. I tried to google it and got some stuff about airflow and poo poo.

Microplastics posted:

Starting to feel to egg shortage here. I need me some drat eggs

I forgot this was going to be a thing. I picked up a pack of eggs for the wife at the weekend but the expiration date is next week. I was planning on picking up a big box to last through Christmas this weekend but I'm guessing that might be a struggle.

Also cough chat. It turns out the x-ray showed a little fluid in the upper something or other in my chest, so the better doctor put me on some stronger antibiotics for the next week. There's a slight bubbling/creaking sound from my upper chest when I lie down so the fluid is what's causing that apparently.

Instructions were to take a double dose immediately and googling "fluid in lungs" brings back some scary-sounding poo poo about Pulmonary edema (which the doctor definitely didn't mention on the phone), so I dunno how serious it actually is.

I'm on his watch list, but I think that's more because he's going above and beyond compared to the other doctors in the practice rather than it being life-threatening or anything. I was gonna say I'm feeling better but just had a massive coughing fit as I typed this :/

Fingers crossed these different antibiotics do something cos I'm sick of feeling like this.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Kin posted:

Thanks for the pointers regarding heating the house. I tried to google it and got some stuff about airflow and poo poo.

I forgot this was going to be a thing. I picked up a pack of eggs for the wife at the weekend but the expiration date is next week. I was planning on picking up a big box to last through Christmas this weekend but I'm guessing that might be a struggle.

Also cough chat. It turns out the x-ray showed a little fluid in the upper something or other in my chest, so the better doctor put me on some stronger antibiotics for the next week. There's a slight bubbling/creaking sound from my upper chest when I lie down so the fluid is what's causing that apparently.

Instructions were to take a double dose immediately and googling "fluid in lungs" brings back some scary-sounding poo poo about Pulmonary edema (which the doctor definitely didn't mention on the phone), so I dunno how serious it actually is.

I'm on his watch list, but I think that's more because he's going above and beyond compared to the other doctors in the practice rather than it being life-threatening or anything. I was gonna say I'm feeling better but just had a massive coughing fit as I typed this :/

Fingers crossed these different antibiotics do something cos I'm sick of feeling like this.

I wouldn't worry about dates on eggs, they last for ages in the fridge. I often use them weeks after the date (though I'm always careful to crack them open into a separate dish before adding them to anything just in case!)

Hope your chest gets better.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

There's been a significant change with the rules for prescribing medicinal cannabis in the UK

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I wouldn't worry about dates on eggs, they last for ages in the fridge. I often use them weeks after the date (though I'm always careful to crack them open into a separate dish before adding them to anything just in case!)
Yeah, it is a "Best before date", not an expiration date, unless Brexit has changed this. If you want to be extra sure, use them for baking some poo poo rather than a dish like spaghetti carbonara where parts might not be fully sterilized by heating.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/dec/06/a-mess-up-worth-billions-energy-rivals-attack-bulb-octopus-deal

quote:

If rivals are successful, Bulb could be left in special administration again. Lawyers for Octopus have warned that if Bulb’s customers are not transferred before 31 December, Octopus “will lose its wholesale energy supply arrangements, with the result that it will not be able to ensure continuity of supplies for customers”.

ffs.
I don't know if this means for everyone with Octopus or just for potentially transferred Bulb customers.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I think it's just supposed to be wholesale energy purchased for the ringfenced Bulb customers but given the levels of competence on display it wouldn't surprise me any outcome.

"Bulb-Octopus deal" just reminds me of

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mine went to 209 and I live in a badly insulated house from the 70s. How'd you get to that level?

RDevz
Dec 7, 2002

Wasn't me Guv

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I don't know if this means for everyone with Octopus or just for potentially transferred Bulb customers.

I can't see how not buying Bulb would mean that Octopus would lose their existing hedging arrangements. The entire deal does smell fishy, however.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Honestly even use by dates you can often take with a pinch of salt. Companies have to be pretty conservative with their paperwork when it comes to stuff expiring for obvious legal (and economic) reasons but with 99% of stuff I'm perfectly fine looking at it and giving it a sniff to check whether I'm willing to eat it. Most things will show pretty obvious evidence they're getting a bit suspect, especially once you start cooking them. This also works both ways - I've bought stuff from some supermarkets that's been well within date but clearly hasn't been stored right because that's just not how raw chicken is meant to smell, even if it doesn't make you immediately recoil. 95% sure I'd have got sick if I'd ate it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Just found out the local council in my home town in NI won't put on any christmas lights, tree or have a Santa appear in the town.
Which is a first for decades, they have done it since the 60s. Instead the local businesses are grouping together to do a mini version
Turns out there is no money for them, anyone elses local town having the same?

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Dec 7, 2022

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
We have a poo poo tree in the middle of the village. More so than usual.

Give it a few years and it'll be down to the usual bedsheets with "happy 50th Janet" strung across the lights on the traffic circle but wishing the baby Jesus a happy 2025th.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

happyhippy posted:

Just found out the local council in my home town in NI won't put on any christmas lights, tree or have a Santa appear in the town.
Which is a first for decades, they have done it since the 60s. Instead the local businesses are grouping together to do a mini version

We've got the full works. Lights all down the main street (but I think the County Council does those, I might be wrong), Santa is organized by the Rotary Club and there's a large decorated tree in front of the main building. We have a couple of big (as in a lot of the town participates or spectates) Christmas themed events organized by the town council but neither cost a lot to do. Main thing is closing the road for about 3 hours or so for each occasion.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
We've got our usual lights. It's not a lot but it's still there.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

happyhippy posted:

Ours are reduced from previous years, and all the gammons are moaning about it on the local FB group. I am performing my normal community service of gently reminding them that years of Conservative cuts to local funding mean that councils can barely afford to keep the actual lights on, let alone Christmas ones.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
all the children in the village have written to santa, care of the wealth management company that has offices in the former chapel, and i guess they'll get a gift back or maybe their parents will be assessed by how extravagant their childs request was i dunno

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Dolores sure gets about :

https://twitter.com/peterjf1966/status/1600135567676563456

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Dolores has had as many jobs as Weetman has had degrees.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
She's had as many jobs as there are random numbers in her username.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Only Kindness posted:

She's had as many jobs as there are random numbers in her username.

It's the sort of go-getting attitude that deserves a place in the Lords

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This, very clearly, is Jeremy Corbyns fault…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 4, 2005

What hateful future is this?

Not only are there government misinformation bots trying to get us to turn on one another, but its become so commonplace that we're all just sort of numb to it.