Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

DrVenkman posted:

Did anyone catch Katherine Ryan with Louis Theroux? There wasn't much to it but she brought up again a very well known British comedian that's a known sex pest. It's the same person her and Sarah Pascoe were talking about before. Ryan said that this person has an army of lawyers that shut down any potential stories pretty quickly. For a while it was believed to be Russell Brand but I think it's actually David Walliams. Brand is stuck in the YouTube alt-right grift these days, which probably shows where he is financially.
I don't know if Brand is responsible in this instance, but British stand-ups on podcasts are getting increasingly open about the fact that Brand is a piece of poo poo and a pest. Daniel Sloss has name-dropped him about this on multiple occasions now. Theres going to be a deluge of stories one day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
How would that possibly be news?
He was a notorious shagger, a huge drug addict and wasn't bashful about being either.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Annabel Pee posted:

David Williams is 100% a predator though. Footage resurfaced of him regularly sexually assaulting boys as young as 16 on the Little Britain tour. I was watching some Little Britain recently on youtube and its insane how badly it holds up. Little every sketch is some form of offensive caricature or right-wing stereotype.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/07/08/david-walliams-little-britain-hide-the-sausage-video-australia/

There's stories in recent years about him doing similar stuff with inviting people back to his dressing room when on Britain's Got Talent. Between all the stories and Come Fly With Me's general existence his career is one of those things where you start genuinely wondering who he has blackmail material on.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

njsykora posted:

Come Fly With Me's general existence

Never really saw this, so just watched an episode. And yeah, loving hell.
Read up on it, and it was aired as a Christmas launch show by the BBC. 3rd most watched show of 2010.
iDeal was still going on at this time, and got no love from the BBC, and they showed this poo poo at prime time.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Proud to this day of avoiding that with seeing a clip preview trailer on iPlayer and shutting it down barely 20 seconds in.

No regrets.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Matt Lucas apologied for Little Britain giving the old "it was another time" qualifier, with no mention of Come Fly With Me - a show that was at least as bad and made much more recently lol

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMMfLOo-g3Q

The "hot new reality format" debuts on BBC tomorrow - essentially, is it's mafia, but with physical challenges for no real reason whatsoever. Where of the cast, some will be "traitors" and "murder" a loyal player (Eliminating them from the game) and then as a large group, try and vote out another player, hopefully it being a traitor (but most likely another loyal)

The only downside is the endgame revolves around a prisoners dilemma.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Such innovation. Then again, huge amounts of gameshows are basically parlour games, so it's not anything new.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

goatface posted:

Such innovation. Then again, huge amounts of gameshows are basically parlour games, so it's not anything new.

Just had a full flashback to Give Us A Clue

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
what's that new Ellie Taylor vehicle that just seems like Would I Lie To You but for civvies?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

TelevisedInsanity posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMMfLOo-g3Q

The "hot new reality format" debuts on BBC tomorrow - essentially, is it's mafia, but with physical challenges for no real reason whatsoever. Where of the cast, some will be "traitors" and "murder" a loyal player (Eliminating them from the game) and then as a large group, try and vote out another player, hopefully it being a traitor (but most likely another loyal)

The only downside is the endgame revolves around a prisoners dilemma.

It's Among Us, lmao.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

thehustler posted:

what's that new Ellie Taylor vehicle that just seems like Would I Lie To You but for civvies?

Stars on the rise, got America TV show stuff going on, BBC trying to get her in something before they lose her properly?

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

HopperUK posted:

Just had a full flashback to Give Us A Clue

omg and you just gave me one. I think the only other thing I ever saw Michael Praed on

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Chubby Henparty posted:

omg and you just gave me one. I think the only other thing I ever saw Michael Praed on

Never had the 'pleasure' of seeing him as the Prince of Moldova on Dynasty I take it? Lucky you.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Errrrr…s15 of taskmaster will have Frankie Boyle as one of the contestants.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Red is Dead posted:

Hmmmmmmm.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Red is Dead posted:

And Jenny Eclair, ugh

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
don't think i'll be watching that shite, then

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

I like Kiell Smith-Boynoe in Ghosts and Stath Lets Flats though plus Ivo Graham is great in podcasts despite being a mega poshcunt

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Matt Lucas has left bakeoff!
They put it up on their instagram. gently caress I'm glad, he just wasn't right for it at all

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
this Traitors thing is far too American for my liking

and shite too

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Taear posted:

Matt Lucas has left bakeoff!
They put it up on their instagram. gently caress I'm glad, he just wasn't right for it at all

I am once again asking for Julian Barratt to co-host with Noel

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I'm not watching it until Alan Partridge and Lyn do it

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Every presenter and judge on that show needs replacing immediately. Shame there's no one likeable left to replace them.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Get on the two Drunken Bakers from Viz.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Garth Merenghi and Dean Learner.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I'd love to hear their commentary over that program.

'Everyone who ate that cake is now sadly dead.'

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

crispix posted:

this Traitors thing is far too American for my liking

and shite too

I think it’s hilarious, but this sort of thing isn’t something I watch. I’m convinced everyone is a plant. Everyone. They’re all working with the production team.

I made a house rule that whenever anyone wants to talk about the show they have to first say, “okay, time for some game theory.”

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

stev posted:

Every presenter and judge on that show needs replacing immediately. Shame there's no one likeable left to replace them.

Ellie Taylor hosted Pottery Throwdown when the normal host was on sick leave, and she was a really nice presenter: able to be cheeky and cheerful, whilst never making the comedy all about herself, but instead being interested in the contestants and what they were making. If Noel isn't leaving too, I think she'd be able to hold her own against him.

And yes, while I think Pru and Paul are long past their best, I don't think you'd be able to winkle Paul out of the judges position at this point. He's tried his own shows several times and it's never really taken off for him as he is so very overbearing. I think he knows Bake Off is his main meal ticket at this point and would be loath to leave it.

If you want nice, happy Bake Off with pleasant judges, try watching Junior Bakeoff - they have Liam Charles and Ravneet Gill and they are wonderfully kind, supportive judges to the 8-13 year old children creating staggering messes out of chocolate and sugar in the kitchen.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
The chuckle brothers should have been the goto choices as soon as it went to C4. Now that sadly isn't possible just have Fielding and the Living chuckle.

To me.... :(

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Zig and Zag from the big breakfast.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Ben Soosneb posted:

The chuckle brothers should have been the goto choices as soon as it went to C4. Now that sadly isn't possible just have Fielding and the Living chuckle.

To me.... :(

The living chuckle would be a great username/band name

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The Dead Chuckle would be edgier...

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Noel and Miriam Margolyes without a swear filter.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

goatface posted:

Zig and Zag from the big breakfast.

Zippy and George are my pick.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Zippy and George are my pick.

Only if Bungle judges.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A shirtless Andi Peters.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

What does it pay? I'll do it, can't be any worse than Matt Lucas.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'd just sit in a corner continually deciding against approaching a baker cause they seem ever so busy. Maybe sneak some tasty ingredients here and there.

Whether that is better or worse than Matt Lucas I'll leave up to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

goatface posted:

A shirtless Andi Peters.

Someone’s been peeking at my Christmas list.