Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
"Republicans buy sneakers too " - Michael Jordan for New Balance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Kale posted:

It feels like an oddly long few days since Elon has said or done something egregiously stupid. Either we're due for some tearsofjoy emoji hijinks by tomorrow or he's not quite living up entirely to this being the new Trump thing in month 2. Ol' Donny never gave you more than a 48 hour period of not being automatic front page news making awful to please the MAGA base somehow when he was still tweeting away.

I wonder if we will have another episode of Twitter Files Friday this week

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's a small victory but the twitter fiasco finally convinced my moms husband not to buy a tesla. something ive been trying to do for years ??? he called to tell me he canceled his waiting list spot

imho more people should call to tell me im right

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol and bezos owns the post

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

So like, what is going on? Are these journalists going to get fired?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It wasn't until earlier this year that I learned that "American McGee" was a dude's name and not some hipster 80s brand name like Bugle Boy

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

thathonkey posted:

it's a small victory but the twitter fiasco finally convinced my moms husband not to buy a tesla. something ive been trying to do for years ??? he called to tell me he canceled his waiting list spot

imho more people should call to tell me im right

You were right all along, good job

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Jelly posted:

Social media biases hard right, reality biases hard left. Facebook, Twitter, reddit will all immediately shove fascist poo poo down your throat.

Regarding Elon, I think he's just waiting for Kanye to calm down so he can get in the spotlight again.

another reason why Musky is as lame beta non poster.

he lets other true main characters be protags. bitch justpost, they go crazy you go worse.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

You were right all along, good job

yea i know that was the point of my post :confused:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

thathonkey posted:

yea i know that was the point of my post :confused:

Well I didn't have your number to call you in person!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Data Graham posted:

It wasn't until earlier this year that I learned that "American McGee" was a dude's name and not some hipster 80s brand name like Bugle Boy

can't be a real person. can't be.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

Scrapland was such a weird game

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

quote:

On Tuesday, roughly 40 brands had ads appears on the white nationalist pages, according to a review conducted by The Post. Those included the Voices of the Civil Rights Movement, a Comcast and NBC-led effort to honor the legacy of racial justice pioneers. Media companies including USA Today and Morning Brew were also among the advertisers whose content appeared on the pages.

USA Today spokesperson Lark-Marie Antón said: “We are reaching out to Twitter immediately as this obviously does not align with our values or mission.”

wondering how that could have happened, weird!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The Saddest Rhino posted:

wondering how that could have happened, weird!

My day job is directly in this field, and this kind of thing is code loving red for an advertising platform that cares about brand safety. Like "holy poo poo get some dev out of bed at 2AM to update the exclusion lists across the board"

(I am that dev lol)

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

lol

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Seems on brand. It's not like they're letting unter eats advertise there.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

order in and takeout are two entirely different things uber alles.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Übersmunch

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

god please help me posted:

So like, what is going on? Are these journalists going to get fired?

Eh, bezos is relatively smart, so I would bet this is his play to cancel Twitter advertising and avoid the chud microscope if they end up getting any punitive legislation traction

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
bezos sucks probably more than elon somehow but he isnt a complete idiot. washington post is allowed to post occasional critiques of amazon because they want to remain "a serious publication." if they were an obvious mouthpiece for the owner's big company it would harm that standing.

still i bet such pieces are all carefully positioned and edited to approval of some committee or individual who understands the game

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
didnt bezos get an attempted blackmail, and then he countered with releasing the material himself.

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica

ZeusCannon posted:

Scrapland was such a weird game

Human.ogg still one of the best songs from any game ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RJY1jcMlSI

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Tiny Timbs posted:

when i get my aug i just won't tell goons so they won't feel bad

Soon your butt will be more machine than rear end

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

PhazonLink posted:

didnt bezos get an attempted blackmail, and then he countered with releasing the material himself.

He just released the texts he was sent attempting to blackmail and said if the get released they get released, but he wasn't going to playball. https://www.wired.co.uk/article/jeff-bezos-blackmail

Which yeah, guys a bastards but not an idiot. very smart move just publicly going I won't be blackmailed, as than the story just became about that and overall was very good pr for him.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

whatever happened to part two of the twitter files? did that happen? whose giant hog did we get to see this time, I hope it was Danny DeVito's (shared voluntarily of course, because he wanted to bring some sunshine into the world)

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

QuarkJets posted:

whatever happened to part two of the twitter files? did that happen? whose giant hog did we get to see this time, I hope it was Danny DeVito's (shared voluntarily of course, because he wanted to bring some sunshine into the world)

No. When he got embarrassed the first time around he moved on to some other “pay attention to me” bullshit.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

QuarkJets posted:

Elon delayed it after everyone laughed at the first part and pointed out it incriminates Trump, not Biden.

Sylvian Wastes
Jan 3, 2022

by Hand Knit
Apparently Matt Taibbi was 'shocked' that one of twitters remaining senior lawyers was fact-checking the 'scoop' Elon emailed him because it was his job as a corporate lawyer to do that stuff regarding external communications. That's the excuse for the delay.

It's caused a 'scandal' on twitter alongside the fact that elon jumped into a Ian Miles Cheong thread complaining that the Wikipedia page for the 'revelations' was being deleted because it wasn't noteworthy.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So Musk was basically counting on everyone being stunned by Hunter's Hog and is now mad because they weren't?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Yeah so they couldn't come up with a Part II yet so they are just revealing people were doing their jobs

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/...%3D1557lastpost

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

A little disappointed by how boring Musk is being this week

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
No, they’re quietly letting it fade away because it was stupid as gently caress back in 2020 and it’s still stupid as gently caress. Musk likely had Ngo or some other idiot in his ear telling him what an own it would be to release twitter’s secret info on Hunter’s laptop (because they really believe Hunter’s laptop is damning) so Musk agreed but it’s all just “meh” and nothing new so everyone is going to pretend like it never happened.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
when does Musky start to turn on the supa galaxy beans like Antman and other regressives, like surely its their fault and not him.

his own brain code just forgot to carry over a 1.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yeah so they couldn't come up with a Part II yet so they are just revealing people were doing their jobs

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/...%3D1557lastpost

Lol at the Elon stans panicking over the (ex-) FBI lawyer doing his job on his own initiative like a good Lawyer would and not sitting waiting obediently for a commander form Lord Master Elon Musk, Supreme Technocrat and Total Fuckwit.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

TelevisedInsanity posted:

"Republicans buy sneakers too " - Michael Jordan for New Balance

".. and I took that personally"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

A little disappointed by how boring Musk is being this week

Got to crash some time.

As soon as he's finished sleeping and shovels the next load of uppers into his face things will be back to hilarity.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
I wonder who will be the cast in the movie version of 'The Twitter Files'.

At this point all I have is:

Ted Cruz: himself
Mandingo: Hunter Biden

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Withnail posted:

I wonder who will be the cast in the movie version of 'The Twitter Files'.

At this point all I have is:

Ted Cruz: himself
Mandingo: Hunter Biden

Didn't they already make a movie about it with the woman fired from Star Wars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Azhais posted:

So Musk was basically counting on everyone being stunned by Hunter's Hog and is now mad because they weren't?

Musk is mad because everyone was stunned in the wrong way