Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

Personally I feel like my life legitimately improved in a small, yet noticable, way when I stopped interacting with the genshin community at large. With most gaming communities at large, actually. Highly recommend it.

Nowadays for genshin I just check leaks to plan for future updates and skim tc to see if there's anything interesting I missed. Sure, I'm not firmly on the pulse of every shift or update in news, but on the other hand I haven't seen a pepe in months :unsmith:

Yeah I don't even look for any stuff on Youtube anymore besides one channel that focuses on lore because I just don't think anyone else besides that one channel seems to have anything to add to the conversation or that is just interesting to read. There's lots of stuff I'm interested in but sure as poo poo don't interact with anyone in an online setting about it outside of Something Awful because it seems like, as you implied, everyone always just wants to play culture wars and ironic fanbase wars instead anyway. Add Wojack's to the list of tiresome bullshit I never want to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Patch Notes posted:

Adjusts Elemental Burst damage dealt by the Character Card "Maguu Kenki" in Genius Invokation TCG: "Deals 6 Anemo DMG..." is now adjusted to "Deals 4 Anemo DMG...".

NOOoOoo...

Not my best friend, Maguu Kenki :smith:

Free my boy, mhy. He's done nothing wrong...

Edit: They let Kokomi through as a 1 mana Divination :eyepop:
Wait I guess the dice stuff doesn't work like that exactly, but still.

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 7, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Why would they list a nerf for a game mode that hasn't released yet?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The current card event does let you view the card traits, maybe it still uses/used the old values so they thought it smart to include in patch notes?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Hot stuff in this update.

quote:

Adds a search function for Furnishings: type in keywords to search for Furnishings in the Furnishing Creation interface and Serenitea Pot editing menu.

After Trust Rank reaches Level 10, the purchase limit cap of products in Realm Depot > Furnishings will be raised.

Adds the source of the Furnishing in the item description.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Can I rage at people for beating my deck yet

Kale
May 14, 2010

Just randomly heard Ganyu's English voice for the first time and it kind of threw me for a loop. If you had played the voice in a vacuum with no context and told me to guess which characters English voice it was let's just say I probably never would have guessed Ganyu in even my first 5 guesses.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

She has a boring voice to go with her boring personality. Seems pretty well-suited to me.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Should have given her a more suitable Horse-Dragon voice

Kale
May 14, 2010

Vargs posted:

She has a boring voice to go with her boring personality. Seems pretty well-suited to me.

I'd describe her Japanese voice as more neurotic sounding than anything.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Should have given her a more suitable Horse-Dragon voice

I love that she's supposed to be the same mythical Qilin creature as the one on the bonkers late Qing Dynasty circa 1900's Flag of China that's shouting at the sun. If anyone doesn't know what flag I'm talking about I encourage them to look it up.

Kale fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 7, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Kale posted:

Just randomly heard Ganyu's English voice for the first time and it kind of threw me for a loop. If you had played the voice in a vacuum with no context and told me to guess which characters English voice it was let's just say I probably never would have guessed Ganyu in even my first 5 guesses.

sounds in character for an extremely boring workaholic who spends 20 hours per day filling out paperwork and the remaining 4 dreaming about paperwork

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnAOXf95rDI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHRXP8ceeBU

I think the biggest difference at least from the demos is that there isn't a big enough difference form her "normal" voice and her getting serious and into combat. Her Japanese voice actress really sells that change over from Archon war Ganyu to sleepy secretary.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Oh, for--

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Faruzan's trial gives out scarabs and I almost had a heart attack. Fortunately she actually uses the redcrest/henna.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Heizou is part of Faruzan's trial. Is that the first time a non-featured, non-free character has been included? 🤔

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

So my attempts at getting this thread has been foiled for now so gimme good childrens card game jokes before the thread title turned into "No card game could be so unnecessarily complicated""

Kale
May 14, 2010

Just booted up and accidently smacked head first into the TCG introduction quest first thing when heading to the Mondstadt Alchemy station. Couple things:

Afraid I've got some bad news Sucrose, you're a trading card now. Also it's literally the plot of Yu-Gi-Oh bent to Teyvat lore in the official Yae Publishing House light novel tie-in for the card game because of course it is.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Genshin Impact TCG: Booster Packs now available!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Soooooo I started my wishing at 19 pity, no guarantee.

"19," I think, "let's make that a nice round 20 so it's easier to keep count."

Gold. Wanderer. My jaw hits the floor.

"Alright, but I also kind of want Faruzan so maybe I'll build pity towards Alhaitham while fishing for her." Press a 10-pull.

Gold again. Keqing. And Faruzan.

I have NEVER been this lucky before. Thank whatever spirits watched over me just then.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Xun posted:

So my attempts at getting this thread has been foiled for now so gimme good childrens card game jokes before the thread title turned into "No card game could be so unnecessarily complicated""

[weevil voice] say goodbye to rukkhadevata!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I didn't realize catalyst characters could just CA back to back without doing a normal attack in between
https://i.imgur.com/d5F8J5r.mp4

Scara's has a pretty big aoe so he'll probably do that a lot when up against more than 2-3 enemies at once.

Unfortunately my record of 0% 50/50 wins has continued. Is Mona's C1 still bugged to do literally nothing? (At least they fixed keqing's C2 recently...)

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I did see some on Twitter bitch about how Genshin was "Bribing players for votes"

Which like man, 800 Primos won't bribe me to visit a website let alone sign up to vote in the game awards

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Anora posted:

I did see some on Twitter bitch about how Genshin was "Bribing players for votes"

Which like man, 800 Primos won't bribe me to visit a website let alone sign up to vote in the game awards

Lotta geniuses playing Genshin and getting paid for it it seems, while I'm out here paying for it every month.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
There's a discrepancy in my primogem ledger. The pity counter I've got written down might be off by one, and it actually matters for whether or not I can squeeze in another 1-in-3 for Faruzan before I hit soft pity. I might have to wait for the in-game log to update and recount them by hand.

Someone, please... send an accountant...

Kale
May 14, 2010

Coincidentally got the fabled quest where Mona finally appeared in a non-limited event setting in the game for the first time and paid her rent before disappearing back into the abyss until what was essentially the prologue/precursor to Sumeru. It's crazy that I got that in just over a week after switching my commissions over to Mondstadt for a bit and have yet to see one of those quests in the church I need to complete the Snezhnaya achievement book. I got the other one at least, but yeah that ones definitely on a bad rotation for dailies. It's got to be sub 5% chance to be included in the 4 daily commisions or something. The Ella Musk (....True)and Pudgy Pyrotechnician ones feel like their just north of 20% likely to be in the 4 dailies on average.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

FractalSandwich posted:

There's a discrepancy in my primogem ledger. The pity counter I've got written down might be off by one, and it actually matters for whether or not I can squeeze in another 1-in-3 for Faruzan before I hit soft pity. I might have to wait for the in-game log to update and recount them by hand.

Someone, please... send an accountant...

dont roll at all if you dont want the 5 star, trying to sneak a roll in and praying you don't get spooked is just asking for the rng to screw with you

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MoonCrab posted:

Personally I feel like my life legitimately improved in a small, yet noticable, way when I stopped interacting with the genshin community at large. With most gaming communities at large, actually. Highly recommend it.

Nowadays for genshin I just check leaks to plan for future updates and skim tc to see if there's anything interesting I missed. Sure, I'm not firmly on the pulse of every shift or update in news, but on the other hand I haven't seen a pepe in months :unsmith:
theres plenty of content creators that are kinda normal. like zajef digs into prerelease power level stuff in a pretty thorough way but is normal about it. much better than interacting with random redditors.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
zajef is cool but content in trhe form of 30-60 minute videos instead of Posts still sucks rear end
RIP the age of the personal blog

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Anora posted:

frankly 4 wishes is a more valid reason to care about the game awards than thinking it actually means anything

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

wowee I get a diluc constellation in a 10 roll, then the next 10 roll has 3 faruzan, and then I get wanderer in the third. that's the best luck I've ever had

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

dont roll at all if you dont want the 5 star, trying to sneak a roll in and praying you don't get spooked is just asking for the rng to screw with you
It's not that I don't want him at all. It just wouldn't be optimal.

Go on, RNG. Do it. Give me a pre-pity 50-50 win. I triple dog dare you.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

They seem to have made the chase the weasel thief daily easier, with only three holes to choose from and fewer movements between phases. That one was easy but took a while so it seems like a good change.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

All right then

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
Meanwhile for me

“You are less lucky than 99% of paimon.moe users”

Still got Wanderer and the four stars I wanted so idgaf

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gandlethorpe posted:

All right then

This is certainly a fun little game to log on every now and then

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Elentor posted:

This is certainly a fun little game to log on every now and then

Wow, thats some luck right there

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

does this mean there is random cardgame matchmaking?
yall better get ready to grind ranked

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I must hold strong and save my primos

so many cool characters right around the corner :ohdear:

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
40 wishes > 2 x new wind grill and 1 x wanderer 50/50 win, but another 85 or so pity

but the real luck

first feather drop ends up being goodish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I have enough new characters to build for, so I went for an Itto constellation and won the 50/50. Also got 2 faruzan and a gorou. A good night!

Looking forward to this card game nonsense when I have time for actual gameplay tomorrow.