Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I've been having fun with Quest Druid and Miracle Rogue so far.

TyrantWD posted:

Control BBB DK is really strong. Copes with aggro fairly well, but struggles against Ramp Druid.

Ramp Druid is quite ridiculous right now. Brann needs to moved out of standard.

Or Guff! What's your list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Sandwolf posted:

very hosed up if they're just gonna let people lucky enough to open the packs early a bunch of legendaries wtf

It's not like Signature cards can be dusted, so they're actually worth LESS than standard or golden legendaries. It's a stupidly brilliant and evil move by Blizzard, making people desire something that has less utility and flexibility.

And, of course, I opened my packs late and out of the four Signature legendaries I got, Grand Magister Rommath and Blood Matriarch Liadrin were two of them, so I got doubly-hosed because GMR and BML are Season Pass and "Caught 'Em All" Diamond legendaries that also can't be loving dusted.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

oh my god trying to make Plagued Grain work is miserable if you simply dont get it lmao

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Boatswain posted:

Post your lists!

Chernabog posted:

I've done extremely well with deathrattle shaman. If they don't control it early it quickly gets out of hand, but if they do it has nice finishers with denathrius or Bolner+Astalor.

Post your list! Does it run Scourge Troll? How important is it if so?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Boatswain posted:

Or Guff! What's your list?

Using the Vicious Syndicate list from their 40 decks to try article. Giving this deck another win condition and another way to mana cheat to play that win condition if you didn’t draw Guff was certainly a weird decision. Being able to drop 64 damage from hand without Denathrius makes control vs control so much easier.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
Coming soon to a Mark video. Couldn't make this work in standard so off to wild I go. (Gameplan: complete quest, power up totemic evidence, play evidence, 2x shadow suffusion, and lightning storm in one turn, possibly aided by lightning bloom)

### Custom Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 1x (1) Command the Elements
# 2x (1) Guidance
# 1x (1) Totemic Evidence
# 2x (1) Windchill
# 2x (2) Ancestral Knowledge
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Perpetual Flame
# 2x (2) Sleetbreaker
# 2x (2) Totem Golem
# 1x (3) Elemental Destruction
# 1x (3) Lightning Storm
# 2x (3) Primal Dungeoneer
# 2x (3) Serpentshrine Portal
# 2x (3) Shadow Suffusion
# 2x (4) Canal Slogger
# 2x (4) Multicaster
# 1x (6) Snowfall Guardian
#
AAEBAfWfAwa8FML2A7mRBP2fBJegBLbtBAzSE7IU27gD8NQDiuQD+uwD4+4DwfYDqIEElZIE3JIE9JEFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

TyrantWD posted:

Using the Vicious Syndicate list from their 40 decks to try article. Giving this deck another win condition and another way to mana cheat to play that win condition if you didn’t draw Guff was certainly a weird decision. Being able to drop 64 damage from hand without Denathrius makes control vs control so much easier.

Man, I'm so tempted to craft Anub Rekhan because it's all I'm missing (and I opened the Druid quest recently), but then I look at Cornelius Roame in my collection and remember about spending dust on day 1.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
So what's the state of the game right now (as in functionality)? I just did the prologue, and I think I'm supposed to have another story mode since I bought the big bundle but I don't see it anywhere? And they turned on standard pack openings again a few minutes ago but I'm not sure I wanna be their test case to see if it's fixed.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

fanny packrat posted:

Post your lists!

Post your list! Does it run Scourge Troll? How important is it if so?
Scourge troll is really important, it can outright win you some games.

### Army of da dead
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Schooling
# 2x (1) Scourge Troll
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 1x (2) Bolner Hammerbeak
# 2x (2) Deathweaver Aura
# 2x (2) Infected Peasant
# 1x (2) Umbral Geist
# 2x (2) Vrykul Necrolyte
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Hawkstrider Rancher
# 2x (3) Nerubian Vizier
# 2x (3) Shadow Suffusion
# 2x (3) Unliving Champion
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 1x (5) Bloodlust
# 2x (5) Famished Fool
# 1x (5) Harkener of Dread
# 1x (8) Bru'kan of the Elements
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAECAaoICIb6A8ORBOnQBJjUBPLdBJOSBaqhBeKkBQvgtQSWtwSP5gS88ATxkQX0kQWFkgWimQWDoQWFqgXixQUA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Dec 7, 2022

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

mcbexx posted:

### InfiniSvalna
# Class: Priest
AAECAdG+BQSe6wPU7QOIowTvkQUNmesDh/cDrYoEhZ8Ey6AEiqMEorYE9dME+dsEutwE9vEEpJEF6pQFAA==

Circling back and quoting myself, this is such an hilarious deck.
Just by using identity theft, I have completed these two achievements

Grand Magister Rommath was an especially funny discover, as you can imagine.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

skaboomizzy posted:

So what's the state of the game right now (as in functionality)? I just did the prologue, and I think I'm supposed to have another story mode since I bought the big bundle but I don't see it anywhere? And they turned on standard pack openings again a few minutes ago but I'm not sure I wanna be their test case to see if it's fixed.

There isn't a second story mode, the 2000 gold just gets you a pile of cards and a few more premade decks. Also opening a few standard packs worked for me.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Okay, cool. The way they rolled this out was so confusing, and my decks aren't listed in HS Deck Tracker so yay for that, I guess.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Chernabog posted:

Scourge troll is really important, it can outright win you some games.

I figured. I didn't open any, but it looks like a fun list.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Wait what? The Path of Arthas set is currently only available as a golden version for 70 bucks, with no non-golden version purchasable for gold in the shop?

(At least in the EU shop, I even restarted to make sure it wasn't glitched).

Edit: Oh never mind, they hid the normal one behind the tile for the golden set.
Absolutely makes sense.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Dec 7, 2022

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Did you click the golden bundle, then toggle to the normal one? There should be an option for paying with gold there

Edit: not fast enough

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I think I got all the prologue and Path of Arthas cards in regular AND gold somehow, I bought the Big Boy Bundle

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I got a Signature Rommath in a pack and then collected Diamond Rommath from the reward track but was not given the option to re-roll either, sounds like this is happening to multiple people on Reddit too. Other re-rolls are happening properly though, weird.

Edit: Oohhhhh, apparently you only get to re-roll craftable/disenchantable cards? That's kind of annoying actually.

victorious fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Dec 7, 2022

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

victorious posted:

I got a Signature Rommath in a pack and then collected Diamond Rommath from the reward track but was not given the option to re-roll either, sounds like this is happening to multiple people on Reddit too. Other re-rolls are happening properly though, weird.

Edit: Oohhhhh, apparently you only get to re-roll craftable/disenchantable cards? That's kind of annoying actually.

Yeah, I not only got Rommath but Liadrin as well. Diamond and Signature cards are a ripoff as they're a premium element that have less utility and flexibility than Standard and Golden cards.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
The arena winrates are kind of funny atm

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I know I shouldn't craft anything yet but I'm really close to just pushing the button for the DH scythe since Spell DH sounds really fun to play

fanny packrat posted:

Post your lists!

I pulled Astalor and decided to switch up the bottom end of my control Paladin to include him and two Flights, which honestly work surprisingly well. It's nothing super new but I'm doing pretty good against the slew of Death Knights and Druids

### Control Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Flight of the Bronze
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Battle Vicar
# 2x (2) City Tax
# 2x (2) Equality
# 2x (2) Order in the Court
# 2x (2) Seafloor Savior
# 2x (3) Alliance Bannerman
# 2x (3) Muckborn Servant
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Righteous Defense
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 1x (4) Cariel Roame
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 1x (5) Famished Fool
# 2x (5) Spammy Arcanist
# 1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused
# 1x (7) Mr. Smite
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (7) The Leviathan
# 1x (8) Lightforged Cariel
# 1x (8) Varian, King of Stormwind
# 2x (9) Lightray
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAECAdz5Aw776AOR7AOm7wPZ+QO3gAS/gATgiwSwsgTHsgTp0ASX7wSk7wS88ATipAUNzOsD8PYDi/gDpY0E7p8EyaAE0KwElrcE4tME2tkEgOIEwOIEp5MFAA==
#

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 7, 2022

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I haven't been able to get the desktop app to boot up at all since I woke up this morning and the phone app has also been hanging for the last 6 hours or so :(

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I'm not opening packs until I see something from the HS team that everything has been resolved.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
haha very funny and cool to get 70-0 as a blood dk versus fuckface druid haha yes great game A+++

Like please loving just get rid of Brann. Why the gently caress is this card in standard???

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

fanny packrat posted:

Post your lists!

I've been using VS lists!

mcbexx posted:

Wait what? The Path of Arthas set is currently only available as a golden version for 70 bucks, with no non-golden version purchasable for gold in the shop?

(At least in the EU shop, I even restarted to make sure it wasn't glitched).

Edit: Oh never mind, they hid the normal one behind the tile for the golden set.
Absolutely makes sense.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, I not only got Rommath but Liadrin as well. Diamond and Signature cards are a ripoff as they're a premium element that have less utility and flexibility than Standard and Golden cards.

Lmao it would be so easy for Blizzard to change just a little bit to not be such dirtbags and they'd garner so much goodwill. Instead the persist with dogshit decisions and everybody is pissed.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Signature cards may look drab, but thanks to the rerolling I've gotten 100% collection on day 1

Hearthstone is a land of contrasts

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

skaboomizzy posted:

I'm not opening packs until I see something from the HS team that everything has been resolved.

I don't know what you mean by 'everything', but:

https://twitter.com/hsdecktech/status/1600321265822502914?t=Xiv7LVzdFUdGHu4G90r5nA&s=19

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
The DH scythe is bugged I think. I've played two games now where none of the 1 cost spells to discover the minion in my deck triggered. So I just played two games with 27 cards and no minions...

Edit: Just looked it up and looks like it's a big when playing against Renathol decks. Terrible!

Strawberry Panda fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Dec 7, 2022

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

The DH scythe is bugged I think. I've played two games now where none of the 1 cost spells to discover the minion in my deck triggered. So I just played two games with 27 cards and no minions...

Edit: Just looked it up and looks like it's a big when playing against Renathol decks. Terrible!

How did this not come up in testing :rip:

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

I crafted the DK scythe and been having fun with it so far. Using the VS spell deck but I subbed in stheno and predation.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

so i guess those that weren't lucky enough to open the bugged packs early are just sol. never change blizzard... sucks to be us.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Lorthemar is the funnest freebie they've given out. Just wheee brrr big boy machine.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Played against the new APM Priest lmao, such a nice dumb combo.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
On the topic of combos, just lost my first game to a degenerate druid celestial anubarak combo otk featuring smite and faceless and battlemaster and the new druid undeads on turn 6 or 7. Don't dawdle! Also how the gently caress did he have all the cards of this 8ish card combo and the perfect ramp to boot. I'm over here trying to play janky vs lists before the meta settles and they become unplayable.

Spell DH is pretty fun and good, amorphous warlock didn't work for me because I drew both undeads in my mulligan twice, and rager priest is okay but feels slow to get online and is pretty one dimensional.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Yeah Spell DH feels it has potential.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Oenis posted:

On the topic of combos, just lost my first game to a degenerate druid celestial anubarak combo otk featuring smite and faceless and battlemaster and the new druid undeads on turn 6 or 7. Don't dawdle! Also how the gently caress did he have all the cards of this 8ish card combo and the perfect ramp to boot. I'm over here trying to play janky vs lists before the meta settles and they become unplayable.

Spell DH is pretty fun and good, amorphous warlock didn't work for me because I drew both undeads in my mulligan twice, and rager priest is okay but feels slow to get online and is pretty one dimensional.

tbh you dont need to run the big otk package anubrehkan and the armor package slot into the old ramp druid just fine and it dominates most dk variants

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Dec 7, 2022

Enoch3114
Oct 2, 2021
I have been playing the shockspitter deck someone reccomended to me and the burst you can put out is crazy. Might not stay effective but defnitely punishes early meta greed decks. Routinely killing 50 hp renethal death knights on turn 8.

### pew pew
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Candleshot
# 2x (1) Ricochet Shot
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (1) Urchin Spines
# 2x (2) Bloodseeker
# 2x (2) Conjured Arrow
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 2x (2) Shockspitter
# 2x (2) Youthful Brewmaster
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (4) Warsong Wrangler
#
AAECAYoWBND5A5egBJbUBJjUBA3q6QPw7AOU/AP2jwSpnwSqnwScoATBuQSDyASnkAWakgWokwWPpAUA
#

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Enoch3114 posted:

I have been playing the shockspitter deck someone reccomended to me and the burst you can put out is crazy. Might not stay effective but defnitely punishes early meta greed decks. Routinely killing 50 hp renethal death knights on turn 8.

### pew pew
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Candleshot
# 2x (1) Ricochet Shot
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (1) Urchin Spines
# 2x (2) Bloodseeker
# 2x (2) Conjured Arrow
# 2x (2) Shockspitter
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
#
AAECAYoWBND5A5egBJbUBJjUBA3q6QPw7AOU/AP2jwSpnwSqnwScoATBuQSDyASnkAWakgWokwWPpAUA
#

I figure some streamer has been playing this this morning because it's suddenly everywhere

Look Sharp!
Mar 24, 2013

Enoch3114 posted:

### pew pew
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Candleshot
# 2x (1) Ricochet Shot
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (1) Urchin Spines
# 2x (2) Bloodseeker
# 2x (2) Conjured Arrow
# 2x (2) Shockspitter
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
#
#

I got a 5 turn kill with a similar list on a non-Renathal deck.
https://hsreplay.net/replay/TQNsZWnKZaaNPQ427f3HqF

Brann's days are truly numbered

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Enoch3114 posted:

### pew pew
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Candleshot
# 2x (1) Ricochet Shot
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (1) Urchin Spines
# 2x (2) Bloodseeker
# 2x (2) Conjured Arrow
# 2x (2) Shockspitter
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
#
#

It's especially useful right now since it demolishes Blood DK and that's the overwhelming majority of what I'm seeing from DKs. And Blood DK is keeping a lot of aggro away at the moment, which is kinda the big weakness for Shockspitter Hunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Julio Cruz posted:

I figure some streamer has been playing this this morning because it's suddenly everywhere

This looks like the list RobotWizard posted after he hit rank 1.