Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Turns out even a modest goal like C2 Faruzan can ruthlessly cost you several (lucky) pities. Alhaitham and Baizhu are going to be total crapshoots.

I'll have to go back and count my Gorou constellations for later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

xedo posted:

I have enough new characters to build for, so I went for an Itto constellation and won the 50/50. Also got 2 faruzan and a gorou. A good night!

Looking forward to this card game nonsense when I have time for actual gameplay tomorrow.

So right now this is what I'm thinking I'm gonna do since Itto/mono Geo is my main team, I'm about 50 pulls into a banner pity.
Thread, convince me I'm an idiot or really really should do one of the following
1. Itto C1
2. Wanderer
3. Save for a guaranteed Raiden/Ayato
4. Save for a guaranteed Dendro unit

Factors:
Gorou Constellations feel like my biggest draw this banner, since getting some healing for my Itto/Zhongli/Gorou/Albedo team gives the most comfort.
Angsty little boy doesn't specifically appeal to me personality wise, though I do like hypercarries and some world exploration utility is fun
I have a bunch of electro units already, including an unleveled Keqing and maxed c5 Fischl. Since Keqing synergies the best with Fischl I lean more towards using her or Beido than building up Raiden, despite her being a meta defining unit.
I didn't get either of the good Dendro units, so only have traveler and a c6 sick girl

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
itto c1 is incredibly weak/useless.
it looks like good qol at first but it turns out the best c1 rotations are only 2% stronger than the best C0 rotations because your limiting factor on dps isn't really getting enough stacks.
if you really want to waste primogems on number go up instead of getting new characters, roll for redhorn (but dont waste primogems on bigger number)

wanderer is cool and you can fly around the overworld and poo poo plus he has the best hat. he will probably not be meta defining as yet another selfish dps who wants a team built around him and isn't flexible for supporting others.
but he will define the overworld exploring meta! free jetpack!
roll for him if you think flying is fun but if you're not sure just save your primos. alhaitham is coming up soonish and will definitely be a dendro character

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't know if I just need to delete some game data from my PS4 or if gameplay is kinda sluggish for anyone else after downloading this update.

Anyway, I can finally do my 20 pity wishes now

Event Banner: (30) Faruzan C0 & C1

Well, that was easy. Her C2 and C4 look pretty helpful, should I go for that? I don't need Gorou or Yanfei constellations, I'm more tempted by the weapon banner since getting Sacrificial Swords is an ongoing quest of mine.

Standard Banner: (10) Fischl C7 Favonius Greatsword (20) Rust (30) Wolf's Gravestone Kujou Sara C2

Oh thank gently caress, that's such a win for me.

(10) Favonius Codex (20) Barbara C7 Favonius Warbow (30) Candace C1 (40) Razor C7 (50) Rust (60) Thoma The Flute Favonius Greatsword (70) Kujou Sara C3 (80) Rosaria C2 Collei C3 Skyward Spine

Well drat. No Sacrificial Swords and it ends with me getting a Skyward Spear dupe too. Well, people say it's about as good as The Catch so I guess somebody else will use it since 5* weapon refining is for whales

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Failed to resist the urge to pull for Scara, but lost an early 50/50 to get Tighnari :woop: :woop: :woop:

Better than winning, since I wanted Tigh more than Scara anyway :toot: Maybe I'll pick up Scara some other time, for now I'm buckling down to see if Yelan gets a rerun in 3.4

Pulling for Cons is inherently pointless imo. Never worth it.

Scara is a hypercarry, so if you like hypercarries then you might as well try for him..? Raiden CAN be a hypercarry, but that's her least interesting role by far. Ayato can pretend to be a hypercarry, but honestly it's not worth it trying to play him that way. We're still waiting for Alhaitham, leaks about him should ve out within a few days.

I'd wait a few days and see whether you're more interested in Alhaitham or Scara in the end.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Final damage: 150ish rolls for only c2 faruzan, wanderer, jean c6. Got 25 deep into pity for the third faruzan copy, so I easily have guaranteed pity for dehya I guess.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

itto c1 is incredibly weak/useless.
it looks like good qol at first but it turns out the best c1 rotations are only 2% stronger than the best C0 rotations because your limiting factor on dps isn't really getting enough stacks.
if you really want to waste primogems on number go up instead of getting new characters, roll for redhorn (but dont waste primogems on bigger number)

wanderer is cool and you can fly around the overworld and poo poo plus he has the best hat. he will probably not be meta defining as yet another selfish dps who wants a team built around him and isn't flexible for supporting others.
but he will define the overworld exploring meta! free jetpack!
roll for him if you think flying is fun but if you're not sure just save your primos. alhaitham is coming up soonish and will definitely be a dendro character
Yeah, it's one of those things that definitely looks good on paper, but like you said in practice Itto's problem with DPS is rarely that he can't keep his swings going, and more that stuff is invuln or you need to go interact with a boss mechanic.
I'm 1 battlepass from a r5 serpent's spine, so Redhorn wouldn't even be an improvement for him.
At this point yeah I'm mostly waiting to see if it turns out Scara is amazing or has some unexpected development that makes him amazing. Otherwise yeah I lean the most towards waiting.

MoonCrab posted:

Pulling for Cons is inherently pointless imo. Never worth it.

Eh, I do think that's true for just a DPS bump, but like in the case of getting the pocket dogboy to heal that specifically fills in a weakness and is a QoL improvement on my Mono-Geo main team. Since sometimes in Itto's rotation the shield goes down and he takes some damage, or stuff like heat/cold or corrosion dips my Albedo below his 90% HP for his sowrd's extra crit. I might toss a 10 draw or two since I'm at like 50 pulls, but really I almost wish I could bank the pity since I don't really feel a need for either Scara or Itto cons at this point.

Though honestly it feels like another character who'll sit below usable levels for a month or two isn't too appealing. The whole world rank not being fully adjustable really was an odd choice, since it just means even getting an amazing new unit you'll love doesn't wow you too much, since they're worthless if you couldn't prefarm everything to get them up to 80+

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wanderer is worth getting because you can just do wanderer/sayu/yelan/diona for overworld exploration and just fly above frozen enemies and then spindash around and break half the puzzles

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

always roll for mobility imo

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
his flight feels kinda janky for exploration since he can't fly diagonally upwards for some reason
you've gotta come to a complete stop and then float straight up

that said bullying hilichurls from the sky feels pretty fun, despite my scaramouche being level 20 and only doing "damage" through beidou/fischl procs off his NAs
his spammable CA hitting in an aoe also seems like it will make him actually kinda good for EM builds? sucrose and heizou mostly just get single target swirls when their skill/burst are on cd but scaramouche can keep doing AOE forever, which should mean he triggers like 3-5x as many swirls as a sucrose driver in a multi-target abyss floor. the huge downside to that though is that charge attacks don't trigger xingqiu or beidou bursts...

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Dec 7, 2022

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
This archon quest sure is a lot of going to places and talking.

The limitations imposed on me at the end forced me to make an awkward compromise.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the card game is really fun but the ui is a bit jank and the pace of turns is slightly slow. hopefully they can fix that up in patches cause i do like the base here

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

tighnari, wanderer and faruzan c2 in 50 pulls, probably the best luck ive had in this game so far

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
also posting about having the best rolling luck ever: 70 pulls got me wanderer, faruzan, mona, 4 gorous (bringing me to c6), Candace, and both of the banner 5 star weapons. and a chongyun to grow on.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I got carried away playing Genius Invokation and almost let my Resin cap out. It begins...

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I do appreciate that Diluc's first reaction to seeing himself on a character was to try and figure out where it came from, while Sucrose didn't even react to hers.

Also, Genshin, you don't have to make everyone say "Genius Invokation TCG" every time they mention it. It's near the top of the list of unnatural sounding dialogue in the game

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=2T9AUV3YPV49

Code for:
code:
Redemption Code Content: Adventurer's Experience ×10, Mora ×10,000, Fine Enhancement Ore ×5, Sweet Madame ×5, Tea Break Pancake ×5 
From some idiot contest.

e. Incidentally, your reward for unlocking all the cards is

this picture. Wow.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Dec 7, 2022

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I already play magic arena so this card game seems kind of basic but also takes a while. It's kind of fun but I'd like it to be a little faster, I guess.

Zenostein posted:

Code for:
code:
Redemption Code Content: Adventurer's Experience ×10, Mora ×10,000, Fine Enhancement Ore ×5, Sweet Madame ×5, Tea Break Pancake ×5 
From some idiot contest.

Thanks for the code!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The game is fun but all the artifacts seem bad so far and there sure are a lot of them. The Kokomi and Noelle cards seem very good.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Zenostein posted:

Code for:
code:
From some idiot contest.

e. Incidentally, your reward for unlocking all the cards is

this picture. Wow.

That seems fast to unlock all the currently available character cards. I figured it was going to be a huge grind like FFXIV and some are rare drops from defeating enemies, bosses, finishing quests, finding in chests and dueling etc.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tae posted:

Final damage: 150ish rolls for only c2 faruzan, wanderer, jean c6. Got 25 deep into pity for the third faruzan copy, so I easily have guaranteed pity for dehya I guess.

Jean C6 is wonderful for floors that are basically AoE murder fests. It also has a really cool dandelion effect.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Ugh, Keqing C2 and a bunch of Faruzans. Guess I've got 20 days left.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Kale posted:

That seems fast to unlock all the currently available character cards. I figured it was going to be a huge grind like FFXIV and some are rare drops from defeating enemies, bosses, finishing quests, finding in chests and dueling etc.

No, that's the reward for unlocking all the cards in that web event. I'm sure it'll be a huge, world-trotting pain in the rear end to get all the cards in-game.

Incidentally, I've only done the tutorial, but they sure put some weird stuff in Diona's mouth. Every other tutorial prompt had some nonsense interjection in it (as opposed to the japanese voicetrack, where she talked like a normal human being). Strange.

It is nice that you can use the d-pad to move around the board, and r1 jumps you to your attack options. Game doesn't seem to tell you that, but once I realized they expected me to mouse over the drat place with the stick, I was very much hoping that buttons would do something…

gacha just gave me another dogman and a useless yanfei constellation. tragic.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

My dogman is C6 btw. Remember when this was such a HYPE constellation?

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Looking at him in the trial run, I see Wanderer inherited his mom's penchant for talent descriptions so verbose and confusingly worded you'd swear Fischl was responsible somehow.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Is it just me, or is Prince absolutely huge for a cat

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

He is effectively anemo yoimiya but with more entertaining mechanics. I pulled him and don't think he feels that good to play tbh, dashing without your wind thing active is too punishing. He's sort of got a QTE thing going on where you want to dash whenever the symbol pops over his head but succeeding it doesnt feel nearly as good as hitting Cyno's QTE.

His burst is actually pretty cool even though it doesnt really do anything.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Is it just me, or is Prince absolutely huge for a cat
He's massive. A good four feet long ha ha. I saw some scale-accurate render of lumine holding neko and it was the same thing just enormous.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 7, 2022

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Was gonna craft a King's Squire for my ~shiny new Tighnari~ while wondering why I never decided to make one for Collei. Turns out, it's because despite making its effect have a 12s duration, and releasing it alongside 2 dendro bow characters at with 12s CD skills, it's effect can only be triggered every... 20 seconds :geno:

Honestly, if this was a deliberate decision to get players to roll more for weapons, that'd be understandable. Scummy, but I'd get it. But his second best option is a 3 star??? Why do this? For what purpose? Were they scared of making Ganyu and Yoimiya too good? Despite the fact that Ganyu has not one, but TWO better bows, that are ALSO craftable, while Yoimiya can use Slingshot too?

Well at least Slingshot looks pretty good on him :shobon:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it seems pretty easy to get all the cards in the game honestly. all the character cards except two just come from the challenge invitations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MoonCrab posted:

Was gonna craft a King's Squire for my ~shiny new Tighnari~ while wondering why I never decided to make one for Collei. Turns out, it's because despite making its effect have a 12s duration, and releasing it alongside 2 dendro bow characters at with 12s CD skills, it's effect can only be triggered every... 20 seconds :geno:

Honestly, if this was a deliberate decision to get players to roll more for weapons, that'd be understandable. Scummy, but I'd get it. But his second best option is a 3 star??? Why do this? For what purpose? Were they scared of making Ganyu and Yoimiya too good? Despite the fact that Ganyu has not one, but TWO better bows, that are ALSO craftable, while Yoimiya can use Slingshot too?

Well at least Slingshot looks pretty good on him :shobon:
its not like it matters that slingshot is a 3*, its not like it carries a 10% damage nerf for being one. its an accessible f2p option that provides good damage on a few bow characters.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Endorph posted:

it seems pretty easy to get all the cards in the game honestly. all the character cards except two just come from the challenge invitations.

how do you get the terrorshroom, lawchurl, oceanid and maguu kenki cards
they aren't on the challenge board and i wanna make a monster deck

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
the Cat has them in one of his options starts from level 3

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
wanderer is very fun to zoom around with

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Endorph posted:

its not like it matters that slingshot is a 3*, its not like it carries a 10% damage nerf for being one. its an accessible f2p option that provides good damage on a few bow characters.

Please do not get swerved out by the second part of the post. I am bitching about the shittiness of the craftables (bad thing), not lamenting about the usability of some of the 3 stars (good thing). I love Aranaras and I wish their weapons were, like, at least as good as the Inazuma ones :(

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

animated cards……

also lol that the card backs cost what's on them.

i don't want to go farming more cecilias so i can have pretty cards :/

also big lol that you need to be lv 10 to duel timmy, because of course they're gonna keep up with that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the sword is decent, at least, benny and dendro traveler can use it.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I need, and I mean need someone to sit down with the genshin devs (or the localisation team) and explain that people who play, for example Magic: The Gathering CCG do not call it that ever, they just call it "Magic". They also just call the cards "Cards" or at a push "Magic cards"

Anyway, I was about 40-50 pulls from soft pity, and on my 50th pull I won the coinflip for Scaramouche. Sorry Itto, you are one of the 5* I like but dont have but I'll always roll for new and shiny. Didnt get the new 4* but I'm not throwing any more rolls at these banners I dont think, I'll save for the next new character at this point. She'll be rerun on another banner soon enough.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

On the one hand the specific term being used constantly is so fantastically stupid. On the other hand it sort of feels surprisingly plausible for the vast assortment of weird quirky dorks in Teyvat so who knows. :effort:

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Did 60 pulls on Scara.

Got new characters Mona (lost that coin toss then but still cool!), Gorou, Faruzan c2.

And Yanfei went from c0 to c3.

Might leave it there actually, some fun new stuff to try out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
The Wanderer is so fun to use for exploring.