Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Buddy you're talking to a guy who literally posted American Realtor Association numbers to prove to him that people are moving to Florida at 8x the rate of New Jersey to win an argument. I'm a loving hypocrite in this regard.

People like not paying taxes and warm weather. Florida is still a hellhole though. You should not be proud of being from florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
That was much less true than most people think until about the last 10 years or so but I can't argue it at this point. Florida is lost to the Desantis mob for the rest of my life, probably.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

People like not paying taxes and warm weather. Florida is still a hellhole though. You should not be proud of being from florida.

Yup it’s tough living in an area where folks who are in a position to choose to literally live ANYWHERE on the planet… actuallychoose to live. Including freakin JFK lol.

One of us has actual pride in where we live and the other lives in Jersey. And stats support my very biased imperial evidence. It’s the 1500 yard season of places to live (before it’s underrated in 2030)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yup it’s tough living in an area where folks who are in a position to choose to literally live ANYWHERE on the planet… actuallychoose to live. Including freakin JFK lol.

One of us has actual pride in where we live and the other lives in Jersey. And stats support my very biased imperial evidence. It’s the 1500 yard season of places to live (before it’s underrated in 2030)
I still feel like you're joking lol but i guess not.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Amy Pole Her posted:

wait wait, you're proud to be a floridian? drat, i knew people like you existed but im used to floridians like me who are appropriately ashamed of the shithole they came from. of course not counting the lunatics who move to florida as true floridians here.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Relentlessboredomm posted:

wait wait, you're proud to be a floridian? drat, i knew people like you existed but im used to floridians like me who are appropriately ashamed of the shithole they came from. of course not counting the lunatics who move to florida as true floridians here.

Id say its more "happy where I live" moreso than "proud to be Floridian." Not a huge fan of the politics obviously. Like at all. But honestly you're lying to yourself if you think living in South Florida has that many more conservatives than even a super progressive city like Toronto did. Likely because most lawyers are conservative but Ive never really noticed a huge difference in the average person's politics between here and there. And I do a ton of travel to NYC for work nowadays and... man... it's rapidly gotten weird politically.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Dec 7, 2022

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I still feel like you're joking lol but i guess not.

I mean, everything I said is true. And I have to point to that fact that nearly every single day, hundreds of people are leaving your state to move to Florida. You can pretend it's whatever your brain will make you feel better about being stuck where you're at but no need to take it out on the rest of us.

edit Id say this area is second to San Diego imo.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
McMagic is going to be so unbearable if Wilson gets 1500 yards next season. Thankfully the team will probably have a mediocre/average QB and Breece Hall getting a lot of carries to even things out.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

I mean, everything I said is true. And I have to point to that fact that nearly every single day, hundreds of people are leaving your state to move to Florida. You can pretend it's whatever your brain will make you feel better about being stuck where you're at but no need to take it out on the rest of us.

edit Id say this area is second to San Diego imo.

I'm not really stuck.... I could move to florida if I wanted to lol.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Amy Pole Her posted:

Id say its more "happy where I live" moreso than "proud to be Floridian." Not a huge fan of the politics obviously. Like at all. But honestly you're lying to yourself if you think living in South Florida has that many more conservatives than even a super progressive city like Toronto did. Likely because most lawyers are conservative but Ive never really noticed a huge difference in the average person's politics between here and there. And I do a ton of travel to NYC for work nowadays and... man... it's rapidly gotten weird politically.

oh i hate florida for an unending number of reasons. politics is a small part of that. politics are definitely weird everywhere but ive never lived anywhere else where i got to routinely hear about cuban politics from former plantation owners who fled castro, or where old retirees are the dominant voting bloc (maybe that's changed with all the new migration down to fl), or one where there's a fanatical devotion to caring solely about them and theirs bc "i moved here for the beach, gently caress anyone/anything else"

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Air is gross in Florida and the pizza sucks.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Relentlessboredomm posted:

oh i hate florida for an unending number of reasons. politics is a small part of that. politics are definitely weird everywhere but ive never lived anywhere else where i got to routinely hear about cuban politics from former plantation owners who fled castro, or where old retirees are the dominant voting bloc (maybe that's changed with all the new migration down to fl), or one where there's a fanatical devotion to caring solely about them and theirs bc "i moved here for the beach, gently caress anyone/anything else"

PBC is a democratic majority but anything south like Broward or Miami Dade is heavy red for that very reason. I luckily don't do much business down that way, moreso in the upper counties that are either transplants or younger adults.

It'd be nice if we could get a D worth a poo poo on this ticket in FL, that's for sure.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

fsif posted:

Lets be real though, all the pizza places are run by former New Yorkers.

Not a proud Floridian (anymore) but I love St.Petersburg and the fresh water springs in North West Florida. The Keys are also incredible.

Place is actually really cool if we could get rid of the people.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Please don't try to gaslight this thread and convince us Florida is a great place to live.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

fsif posted:

I know pizza tastes are regional and all, but Buffalo pizza is really bad.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Schiavona posted:

None of the bills fans in this thread are insane enough to actually live in Buffalo lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I very much miss the Chinese and Indian food in Toronto m

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1600341278000037889

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Schiavona posted:

die

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’ve always wanted to go to New Haven just for the pizza, solely due to rep. One day.

It’s funny how much stock people seem to throw into pizza. Even my coworker brags about Detroit pizza

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

Schiavona posted:

Franco’s and Jet’s are p good, and I’ll always have a soft spot for Bocce Club from when I was growing up. But yeah, a lot of it is just overly sauced and doughy poo poo.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

I’ve always wanted to go to New Haven just for the pizza, solely due to rep. One day.

It’s funny how much stock people seem to throw into pizza. Even my coworker brags about Detroit pizza

It's pretty good

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’ve had pizza a lot of places and it was almost always pretty good.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

mcmagic posted:

None of the bills fans in this thread are insane enough to actually live in Buffalo lol

Wrong again mcmagic!!!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

TheBizzness posted:

This is basically how I feel. I think New York pizza is the best pizza, but I'm not gonna get bent out of shape because you have the gall to say you like the pizza from your hometown more.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Dec 7, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

This is basically how I feel. I think New York pizza is the best pizza, but I'm not gonna get bent out of shape because you have the gall to say you like the pizza from your hometown more.

Any Bagel from outside of NY or NJ is complete dogshit.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I watched the all-22 cut up of Tua's throws and my biggest takeaway is that he was just incredibly shook by Nick Bosa.

Bosa wins easily on a stunt in the second or third throw and lands a good hit on Tua and after that you can see him start to rush everything. There's even a couple throws he rushes where Bosa isn't even getting pressure yet.

On the second TD drive Smythe got some good chips in on Bosa and that let Tua settle in and hit his throws but after that drive it was back to more of the same.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

This is more fair IMO. Though the best bagels I've ever had are actually from a little place called Bagels Etc. in Dupont Circle in DC. But NY bagels are by and large far superior.

One thing I've never gotten is New Yorkers' obsession with bodegas. Like I've seen people post a bacon egg and cheese on their IG story with "only in NYC" or whatever as the caption. Confounds me.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Professor Funk posted:

There are some really deranged Midwest pizzas

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

mcmagic posted:

i've seen buffalo 66, it seems nice

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

mcmagic posted:

montreal has a good bagel but it is not really the same thing

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

t a s t e posted:

There are some really deranged Midwest pizzas

st. louis pizza is objectively bad

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Professor Funk posted:

CT pizza is the best but I don't think anyone from outside the north east would know that if you asked

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
everyone's team is in contention and we're doing food chat now?? you fucks!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

TheBizzness posted:

I lived in Lakeland for like three years as a youth in the late 90s and the best pizza was, like, Hungry Howie's. Dire situation.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Nodoze posted:

CT pizza is the best but I don't think anyone from outside the north east would know that if you asked

Can confirm, am not from the NE.

FL is kinda neat outside of the people and mostly poo poo weather.

Pity about the massive self sabotage with the sugar industry etc.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

montreal has a good bagel but it is not really the same thing

A montreal bagel is a scone.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

i've seen buffalo 66, it seems nice

Thank you for enjoying my film

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

fsif posted:

I lived in Lakeland for like three years as a youth in the late 90s and the best pizza was, like, Hungry Howie's. Dire situation.

Well that’s fair. Living in Lakeland is just a dire situation on its own, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Yeah I should have said "within reason" in my first post. Like if you try to tell me the pizza in Grand Rapids Michigan is the best in the world I will look at you a little bit sideways.