Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

They could have just said it was him, the thing I hate about these is they can't help themselves giving it to fake things that aren't actual people like The American Way or some bullshit :nallears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Orange Devil posted:

What is half-Jewish anyway? I though Jewishness was a matrilineal thing, so either your mom is Jewish means you is Jewish or she ain't so you ain't unless you go through a very long and tedious process involving a whole bunch of rabbi's?

From a religious perspective, yes, it's matrilineal.

From a racial perspective, it's whatever society wants.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
well it provides invulnerability to fascism accusations, even for a half-jew half-orc

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

lollontee posted:

well it provides invulnerability to fascism accusations, even for a half-jew half-orc

:yikes:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i'm half materialist

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

"spirit of ukraine" actually means Ghost of Kiev

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Futanari Damacy posted:

They could have just said it was him, the thing I hate about these is they can't help themselves giving it to fake things that aren't actual people like The American Way or some bullshit :nallears:

you have to announce the announcement

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Didn't watch all of it. 44:30 is a lead-in to talking about two trucks of weapons going missing. 45:40 he drops a spicy epithet. 46:25 whoops.
https://youtu.be/TCbD4WBqPg4

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Cookie Cutter posted:

"spirit of ukraine" actually means Ghost of Kiev

They had to scrub all of the Spirit of Ukraine shoulder patches from the cover art

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

a dumb piece of poo poo being celebrated on the cover of Time magazine? That’s crazy.. that’s never happened

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

wasent one of the shitlib/neocon medias favorite darlings not too long ago that genocide supporting lady in myanmar

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Bin laden person of the year moment

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
For more information about the spirit of ukraine, check this out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavic_Native_Faith

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

an aristocrat called Heinrich XIII? lmfao

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

HallelujahLee posted:

wasent one of the shitlib/neocon medias favorite darlings not too long ago that genocide supporting lady in myanmar

yea lol. and then they locked her up again even though she supported their genocide. what a loving loser

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

HallelujahLee posted:

Aung San Suu Kyi, yeah lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

lol

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Anybody have more info on this?
https://twitter.com/cvetko35/status/1600169768287207430

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lobster shirt posted:

zelensky is not half jewish, both his parents are jewish.

it's because he's half the size of a man

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

I wouldn’t trust anything an account that was created in March 2022 and posts 20+ times a day without sourcing says.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Put Bandera on the cover, you cowards.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

mlmp08 posted:

I wouldn’t trust anything an account that was created in March 2022 and posts 20+ times a day without sourcing says.

Buddy, that's half the people here!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Oh so if I say there’s trouble on the North-East Frontier, for the wind is in the palm-trees, and the temple-bells they say: "Come you back, you British soldier; come you back to Mandalay” I’m a bad person, but genocide is alright now huh?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Frosted Flake posted:

Oh so if I say there’s trouble on the North-East Frontier, for the wind is in the palm-trees, and the temple-bells say: "Come you back, you British soldier; come you back to Mandalay” and I’m a bad person, but genocide is alright now huh?

An incredible Boris moment

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Futanari Damacy posted:

An incredible Boris moment

He seems like he’d focus on the bits about kissing girls and “spicy garlic smells”.

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

haha "we looked into the whole Nazi paraphernalia thing and have decided it is unrelated"

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Seatbelts posted:

haha "we looked into the whole Nazi paraphernalia thing and have decided it is unrelated"

For the nth time a Canadian count did this decades ago

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

I'm seeing multiple sources online confirming but I'm not familiar with regional news networks to know which ones are reliable.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

For the nth time a Canadian count did this decades ago

Count Draculeh

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
lol if posting 20 times a day without any sources makes one not-credible then I guess we're all not-credible?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

lol if posting 20 times a day without any sources makes one not-credible then I guess we're all not-credible?

correct

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

gradenko_2000 posted:

Sometimes we include sources tho

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

They should retroactively award Time Person of the Year for 1986 to the brave mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

they probably wanted to

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/843579512464736269/1050083538579488818/VID_20221207_152740_842.mp4

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Reading a bit about simo hayha, "the white death" and his 500 confirmed kills in the winter war

Would it surprise you to learn these kills were "confirmed" based on his own reporting and no actual evidence

Lots of comparisons to Chris Kyle when you inevitably come across one of the many reddit threads sucking him off, which is probably accurate but not for the reasons they believe

He only fought in the winter war and missed the whole continuation war, waking up from his wounds shortly after it ended, preserving his reputation as a patriot and not a nazi collaborator

The stories of the thousands of red army troops sent to catch him, specifically, don't make any sense when you think about it for 5 seconds and myths like how the soviets burned down entire forests trying to flush him out are bullshit - at best they were burned to create smoke screens to make it more difficult for any snipers to be effective in general

Even most skepticism about his incredible (literally) wartime feats only go so far as to note that the subhuman soviets were so poorly trained, led, and equipped that he was just shooting fish in a barrel as they charged zerglike human wave after human wave

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
Lol orcish tactics from the Soviets... not surprising. Except for the Ukrainian soviets. Those ones were pure angels who were misled and also being genocided, as they were tricked into fighting against their brothers in Finland

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Over-reporting aside, this touches on a thing in British reporting of the Boer War, Battle of Mons and Malaya Emergency I had to pick through once. Basically at typical combat ranges a soldier can’t differentiate between a soldier going prone, as in taking cover or advancing in bounds, and being killed. It led to massive inflations of estimated enemy dead, not even at the cooking the books level, which happened too of course, but because the soldier saw an enemy in their sights, fired, and saw them drop. It just happens to turn out with records from the other side that they missed and - understandably - the person being shot at took cover.

The same applies to artillery observers seeing groups of men “disappear” after shells start to land. For Allied fighterbombers they basically could not differentiate between damage being done and not, so reported anything they shot at destroyed. With the famous Nazi “Stuka Aces” on the eastern front you have those reporters further exaggerated for propaganda or ideological purposes - “hordes of Soviet tanks destroyed” often turns out to be a small group, of which maybe a handful suffered minor damage.

That believing the reports about cannon-armed Stukas directly led to the design of the A-10 is funny in its own right.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Ukraine is a good country and Russia is a bad country. There is no greater nuance to be gleaned here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

You want soldiers to believe they’re hitting what they’re shooting at, and that their fire is effective and lethal, you know at the soldier psychology level, but that part never makes it into pop culture so that people forget it took the Western Allies iirc several tonnes of ammunition for every German soldier killed in Normandy.