Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: slave to my cravings)

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

shant be listening to the new stav podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Sphyre posted:

shant be listening to the new stav podcast

it was OK

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 minutes!

imhotep posted:

I clicked on it when I was cooking because I saw tim heidecker’s face then I realized it was Sam hyde and literally made it 2 minutes into the video before listening to something else smh. I don’t watch any of their poo poo otherwise, literally the last thing I saw with Sam besides like the clip of him saying he wants to kill Hasan was the podcast with Shane and Nick.

say you guys , im not the one subscribed to matt and shane’s patreon or any podcast’s patreon for that matter !! also bb2k get off my dick bitch I’m p sure you’ve told me to ‘get offline’ like 2 or 3 other times, verbatim even so please just try to be funny next time or at least say something original at least.

nice meltdown

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.
New ep is up now, won't spoil, but it's full video and has a real (Really actually surprising to me, at least) guest with an actually really good interview.

Everyone who watches will come to the same conclusion why it's late, but there's a cartoon intro/interlude about 10 min, just before the monologue.

Dare I say, excellent ep.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

My friends Nick and Adam loving did it

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012
I need more (/any?) nick chiming in during the interview.

That intro animation was perfect tho

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Standingstoic posted:

Everyone who watches will come to the same conclusion why it's late, but there's a cartoon intro/interlude about 10 min, just before the monologue.
Lmfao

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
loving lol he has an editing keyboard and an aeron chair

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I like the commercials

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

lol it is a good interview, this is a good pull for their first guest. The Michael McDonald story was great.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.

slave to my cravings posted:

lol it is a good interview, this is a good pull for their first guest. The Michael McDonald story was great.

I was like 30 minutes in and realized that, like, this was really what they envisioned here and it's a great interview and, not for nothing, it all seems like it came together at the perfect time.

That fuckin Bobby's World intro got me good, though. It was seeing how it was assembled/edited in kinda a slapdash way that did it for me. That kind of stuff, the slight nuance of leaving it looking so raw that I find so fuckin funny.

They like, have to eventually have Stav on or go on his show, right?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

The monologue really hits home how great Adam can be when he's trying to be good vs purposefully being bad. Obviously him bombing the monologues is a funny bit, but it's a nice change of pace to see it have a steady flow + confidence + "audience".

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Is the new ep on YouTube or is it patreon only

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

love to see these fuckups succeed

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Tetramin posted:

go you and look, and the answer shall be revealed

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Tetramin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6kNInLFSrY

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
drat this is actually jsut adam talking to a guest for an hour

NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

the hidden one has more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bajCcDQFvk

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
black adam in blackface!

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Wow Adam is actually doing so well lol. This rules

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

It helps that he is interviewing someone he knows personally or at least has met more than once. It will be bad if it’s ever a non-hipster celebrity he doesn’t know.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

An anti-copying podcast made me lol

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

It helps that he is interviewing someone he knows personally or at least has met more than once. It will be bad if it’s ever a non-hipster celebrity he doesn’t know.
i think he’s ready for david coss round 2

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007

While I liked the ep, probably partially because it being the first one, I thought Gillis and Adam had like awful back and forth despite being friends. When Nick and Adam went on MSSP, they seemed to play off one another well and figured it would be more of that, but it really wasn't.

If this was the general structure of it going forward, where they kinda open with a cold skit into the monologue into the guest, it's a nice balance of Cumtown-style comedy/absurdism tempered by the more serious interview.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I enjoyed the monologue

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Hell yeah mac demarco rules, I haven’t watched yet but that’s great that they got him. One of the comments says ‘Nick needs to be playing the Andy richter role here’ and I agree, that would be very funny.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeEK-UY8bBk

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
I don't get the "nieces" punchline in the monologue. What am I missing

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i think he’s ready for david coss round 2

he needs to bring felix back for that one

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
Post the best diarrhea guy video and I will share it

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
The neice joke in the monologue about refunding the row of plane seats for Chris Christie's niece? I thought it was just a lol Christie is fat crack.

Or like, the callback during the interview? That one came off to me like a substitute N-word kinda, but the way he intones it is strange.

Standingstoic fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 8, 2022

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

They need to get boosie on the Adam friedland show

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Why you cut your penis off Adam

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

:woop:
https://twitter.com/ianimal69/status/1600606924583669805?s=20&t=l-PbihKkrE4HTjDXpPe5yg

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
bust rodd.. where are you man

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
we're worried about you

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
also senator drinksalot, your country needs you

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Standingstoic posted:

The neice joke in the monologue about refunding the row of plane seats for Chris Christie's niece? I thought it was just a lol Christie is fat crack.

Or like, the callback during the interview? That one came off to me like a substitute N-word kinda, but the way he intones it is strange.

https://youtu.be/4umXGbBISwA

4:30 to 4:40

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
How do they treat nieces on the show is what I'm saying. Or did that get covered in an earlier joke. I told you I stay high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Holy poo poo his head was a couple sizes smaller two years ago