Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Spazzle posted:

It's Frepeople.

Femolks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Freeple

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Fremennonites

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Fremen god dammit phone autocorrect

Surely you could should make your device autocorrect firemen to fremen, not the other way around :colbert:

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Fremoids

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Anyone know if the Dunc blu ray digital copy gave access to an unmatted 1.43 version or not? They secretly did this for Alita some years back if you selected the right option when downloading.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Frems of Jamis

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He'll zap you any way he can. CChhhhhaaaaa-zap!

*solo*

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

friendship with jamis ended. now otheym is my best friend.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

TK-42-1 posted:

friendship with jamis ended. now otheym harah is my best friend.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

TK-42-1 posted:

friendship with jamis ended. now otheym Geoff is my best friend.

I know half my posts in this thread are about this but I cannot get over Geoff the Fremen Ex-husband

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Soul Dentist posted:

I know half my posts in this thread are about this but I cannot get over Geoff the Fremen Ex-husband

Geoff should have been avenged by Kaleff. Instead he and his brother Orlop were accepted into the Atreides family where every day of the rest of their lives they spent their time being mediocre in comparison to their step-siblings who thought they were king poo poo basically since birth.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Soul Dentist posted:

It shouldn't be possible to have sad man-boobs when all you ever drink is half a thimble of processed saliva every 36 hours, but I bet My Ex, Geoff manages it

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Rappaport posted:

Surely you could should make your device autocorrect firemen to fremen, not the other way around :colbert:

Easier to just Butlerian Jihad

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

the bene gesserit, but it's all guys and just 10,000 years of obsessive planning around no fab november

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Riot Bimbo posted:

the bene gesserit, but it's all guys and just 10,000 years of obsessive planning around no fab november

The Bene Guysserit spend less time on the breeding program and more time trying new whiskeys and gambling on the Landsraad Cup

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Riot Bimbo posted:

This fails to produce the Kwisatz Haderach for some reason. At least we had spice money to buy new gaming rigs!

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

kiimo posted:

The Bene Guysserit spend less time on the breeding program and more time trying new whiskeys and gambling on the Landsraad Cup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsXGgZJN-IM
This sprung to mind instantly. Tim is using the guy voice to subtly influence Eric.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Wish I hadn't seen that IMAX with Layzhuuuuurh video comparison because now it makes it hard to watch the readily available version of thr movie.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Just imagine everyone in biiiig hats just out of frame. What I mean is you can watch syfy dune and have it all.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

What even is IMAX laser anyway? That's a stupid name

Also what the poo poo they cut off like half an entire spaceship.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bene Guysserit:

In this time the most precious substance in the universe is the Spice Melange. The Spice extends life, the Spice expands consciousness, the Spice is vital to space travel.

The Spice is used to create the best IPA you have ever tasted. It took us years to perfect in our home brew setup back on Chapterhouse. Dude you have to see it.

The Spacing Guild Navigator who visited tried our Sandtrout Extra Bitter IPA and straight up disappeared bro. It was so trippy. We have no idea where he ended up, but we like to think he still tells the story to this day.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

It's the Guild monopoly, man.

They can cut off half a spaceship, and what are going to do about it? Bail and take your business to a competitor? You literally can't.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
I wonder if the Guild uses their Navigators' prescient senses to not just chart safe interstellar travel pathways, but to crush potential rivals and inside-trade various markets. Being able to look into the future is pretty profitable!

Given the way the Guild was totally blindsided by events on Arrakis in the years after the Atreides were betrayed and overthrown there, probably not.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

kiimo posted:

Bene Guysserit:

In this time the most precious substance in the universe is the Spice Melange. The Spice extends life, the Spice expands consciousness, the Spice is vital to space travel.

The Spice is used to create the best IPA you have ever tasted. It took us years to perfect in our home brew setup back on Chapterhouse. Dude you have to see it.

The Spacing Guild Navigator who visited tried our Sandtrout Extra Bitter IPA and straight up disappeared bro. It was so trippy. We have no idea where he ended up, but we like to think he still tells the story to this day.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i know all six hundred twitches of cock control. I have mastered the worm. when i nut, i can punch holes in walls. i am the alpha guyserrit

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Riot Bimbo posted:

oops!, all bene-s

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Riot Bimbo posted:

i know all six hundred twitches of cock control. I have mastered the worm. when i nut, i can punch holes in walls. i am the alpha guyserrit

dang he nutted so hard look like a homemade tattoo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

What even is IMAX laser anyway? That's a stupid name

It's 4K digital projection of the IMAX spec that doesn't use xenon bulb projectors since the industry is trying to dispense with them in general

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

walked into a spice orgy, came in my pants and killed six people

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

my orgasm is a killing load

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Riot Bimbo posted:

my cum is a killing load

ftfy

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Riot Bimbo posted:

my orgasm is a killing load

Some thoughts have a certain feeling, that being the equivalent to a form. Through sex and motion, you will be able to paralyze nerves, shatter bones, set fires, suffocate an enemy or burst his organs

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Thrust without rhythm

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
My orgasm is the little-death that brings total obliteration

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Sorry to take this thread off it's current track, but in what book do chairdogs show up in? I mentioned them to my husband and he didn't believe me.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Maigius posted:

Sorry to take this thread off it's current track, but in what book do chairdogs show up in? I mentioned them to my husband and he didn't believe me.

Heretics

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
In Chapter House they keep moving them and the dogs don't like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If you don't stop jumping on that chair I'll spend a thousand years turning you into one and see how you like it