Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
Yeah the tutorial in this is really good. Only a few steps it makes sure you see but it has lots of named sections for specific things. So if you forget something you can quickly find whatever you need to find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

insane anime posted:

the tutorials are setting my rear end straight dude. trust me. its not a weak rear end tutorial either that locks you into poo poo. you can play while using the in game guides and it still feels fun and like you have freedom

Uncle Frank posted:

Yeah the tutorial in this is really good. Only a few steps it makes sure you see but it has lots of named sections for specific things. So if you forget something you can quickly find whatever you need to find out.

okay cool, that is good to know. i should not be surprised based on how deep the game goes and the fact that it's been in development for 20 years lol. taking the plunge on this as soon as i get paid this week :cheersdoge:

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Lol, found a dwarven 1 year old child playing in my refuse pile of dead turtle shells. He was about like 20 rows deep in the very back of the trash pile. Says he hates art and romance and apparently feels euphoric playing in the dead animal pit lol. If we don't starve this guy is probably going to grow up to go cavern shooter

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

Lol, found a dwarven 1 year old child playing in my refuse pile of dead turtle shells. He was about like 20 rows deep in the very back of the trash pile. Says he hates art and romance and apparently feels euphoric playing in the dead animal pit lol. If we don't starve this guy is probably going to grow up to go cavern shooter

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dwarven Klebold

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

insane anime posted:

lmfao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Dwarven Klebold

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
The Cavern Tapes

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

insane anime posted:

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You've always been cool... don't come to the tannery tomorrow

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Do you believe in Itcktoth'Moleth, The Encrusted Slime Hole?

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 57 days!
got three necromancers in the first migrant wave. i made one the butcher/tanner, so every time he slaughters a sheep or yak or whatever and skins it, he reanimates the skin, hair, etc. ive got a bunch of skins undulating around freaking everyone out 10/10

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

That Little Demon posted:

The Cavern Tapes

Pablo Nergigante posted:

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

croup coughfield posted:

got three necromancers in the first migrant wave. i made one the butcher/tanner, so every time he slaughters a sheep or yak or whatever and skins it, he reanimates the skin, hair, etc. ive got a bunch of skins undulating around freaking everyone out 10/10

holy poo poo X_X lol

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

croup coughfield posted:

lmao

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

ive been taking it really slow. going to try to give the winter signifying caravan all these turtle shells. might still be able to save a boys life

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

croup coughfield posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Butcher/tanner/necromancer... a triple threat, if you will

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A butcher, a tanner and a necromancer walk into a tavern. The barkeep says, "Table for one?"

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

A butcher, a tanner and a necromancer walk into a tavern. The barkeep says, "Table for one?"

lol

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

croup coughfield posted:

i keep rereading this..all of this feels like when i first started getting really into space station 13 lol.

----------------

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 57 days!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

im not sure what to do with the other two yet, so one is scratching graffiti into everything about the time she wrote a pamphlet about parakeets. the third one i have trapped in a tiny office underground counting poo poo

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Needs table
- make at a workshop first
No access to table

----------------

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

already had to restart because larry fell in the river and was swept away... this loving game lol

Not seeing the downside.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

croup coughfield posted:

Lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

croup coughfield posted:

lmfao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

croup coughfield posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

My fortress loving sucks

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

My fortress loving sucks

Your Dwarf Fortress is a Piece of poo poo

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

insane anime posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Dwarven Klebold

The Cavern Tapes

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

insane anime posted:

My fortress loving sucks

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 57 days!
tensions continue to rise

----------------

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I keep restarting

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
our symbol has updated further

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012