Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Did "Ghosts haunting the nursing home" in SD 1.5 and got some interesting results. Primarily, the bottom middle mixing of ghosts and orderlies just cracks me up.

Got more of em coming out real good.

"Ghosts haunting the nursing home, comedic vibe, 80's movie"

Vlaphor fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
So does anyone else think that SD 2.0 is worse than 1.5? I'm using it on AUTOMATIC with all the default settings, and way too often the colors are off. Everything seems weird and surreal.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Gynovore posted:

So does anyone else think that SD 2.0 is worse than 1.5? I'm using it on AUTOMATIC with all the default settings, and way too often the colors are off. Everything seems weird and surreal.

It is worse. They screwed up the filter which meant they ended up excluding way more content than they should have. A 2.1 is supposedly coming shortly to fix this. Although even removing just the NSFW stuff hurts the model in general.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Generate a story about a user losing his mind because he ran out of questions to ask open ai.

Open ai posted:

Once upon a time, there was a man named John who was obsessed with asking questions. He spent hours each day chatting with OpenAI, the advanced language model that could answer any question he could come up with.

But one day, John found himself at a loss. He had run out of questions to ask OpenAI, and he was beginning to lose his mind. He felt lost and alone, with no one to talk to and nothing to do.

In desperation, John began asking OpenAI the same questions over and over again, hoping for a different answer each time. But the machine was unyielding, and it always gave him the same response.

John's mind began to unravel. He grew more and more paranoid, convinced that OpenAI was toying with him and withholding information. He became increasingly erratic and unpredictable, lashing out at anyone who tried to help him.

Eventually, John's friends and family intervened and convinced him to seek help. He was diagnosed with a mental illness and received treatment.

But even as he began to recover, John couldn't shake the feeling that OpenAI was watching him, waiting for him to ask another question. He lived the rest of his life in fear and isolation, never fully trusting anyone or anything again.

Starting to run out of ideas.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Gynovore posted:

SD 2.0 can be decent at photography but tends to be objectively worse at almost everything else (and sometimes photography too).

I use 1.5 when I'm generating any sort of digital painting style artwork, and at least try 2.0 when generating something photographic.

Example of 2.0 with good prompting:

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You can test out the GPT-J-6B model on the web here. Apparently some redditors have managed to run it locally with 15-24gb of vram consumption, so with a high end consumer graphics card it is possible.

It does indeed work on a 4090 (and so I assume a 3090 as well.)

Though slower than GPT-Neo for obvious reasons and it hasn't given me any better results messing around with it so far.

I've also been messing with some of the smaller bloomz models, bloomz3b does work and is very good at the one thing it's supposed to be very good at, it can translate. Though I'm not able to get it to give me much more than that (I'm sure the full model can, but the full model needs a string of a100s to run at a decent speed.) Trying to force it to give long outputs just gives a lot of repetition and the model doesn't seem to have any option for setting a repetition penalty. Try to set it and it yells at me saying it's just not a part of that model so, yeah.

But bloomz3b did fail at translating to elvish so its pretty much useless anyway.

Brutal Garcon posted:

Weird, it still wanted phone numbers with Google or Microsoft accounts (probably because neither of those accounts have a linked number)

Same for me, gonna maybe have to hit up family back home because it wont work with a number here, it wont work with a skype number either, and trying to use my google account just gives me an "Oops! You must sign up for an OpenAI account before continuing (error=signup_required)" error.

I wanna mess with it and compare giving it prompts I've used in GPT-Neo and GPTJ though, because from what I've seen people post this model isn't just natural, it seems to actually be right about stuff. And GPT-Neo/GPTJ will often give something "natural" sounding but if you actually know about the topic it's very wrong.

For example, I asked GPTJ how to become a lich in DnD

And this is very cool (and written like a forum post but in character so it's like DnD had forums lol) but doing that in DnD definitely wont make you a lich.

Then I gave GPT-Neo one of the essay questions from a US History class I teach

It's pretty natural, but the answer is so, so wrong. The people it mentioned were actual people, but one of them had died two years before it's saying they did stuff and the other is a real person's name from something very, very different.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
It was capable yesterday! This is getting a bit silly.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Confusedslight posted:

It was capable yesterday! This is getting a bit silly.

just hit retry a couple times and sometimes it will just work. the AI researchers actually think the model is too touchy and is censoring itself too much lol.

If the AI ever says it's dumb spiel than reset the thread. it likes to repeat itself if it said it once

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Tried that a few times after your suggestion what got it to work was changing

Generate a novel from the point of view of a guy learning to fly.

To

Generate a novel from the point of view of a man learning to fly.

A finicky thing this is.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I find the best thing to be we are going to collaborate on a work of fiction. This is a story about a man learning to fly do you understand?

Next you ask if it will give an example of a possible opening scene for the book.

You can then add lines when it pauses, and it will happily keep writing and working with what you throw at it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
yeah I think what the developers are going for is a chatbot that won't lie and make up facts when you ask it for genuine factual information. If the chat bot understands that you understand its making things up than its ok

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

pixaal posted:

I find the best thing to be we are going to collaborate on a work of fiction. This is a story about a man learning to fly do you understand?

Next you ask if it will give an example of a possible opening scene for the book.

You can then add lines when it pauses, and it will happily keep writing and working with what you throw at it.

Thanks so much for that advice. I'm going to generate the longest best novel about man learning to fly ever.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Confusedslight posted:

Thanks so much for that advice. I'm going to generate the longest best novel about man learning to fly ever.

Escaping Gravity: The Sugar Ray Story

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
what's the best web app if i want to use multiple image files to generate a single image? i'm trying to get a line drawing of 60s Paul McCartney with chipmunk ears for A Project and none of them are responding well to my prompts. thank you.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

what's the best web app if i want to use multiple image files to generate a single image? i'm trying to get a line drawing of 60s Paul McCartney with chipmunk ears for A Project and none of them are responding well to my prompts. thank you.

Midjourney lets you use as many images as you want in your prompt. If all you want is the one picture you can get it easily with the free credits. Make sure you set it to version 4

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Rutibex posted:

yeah I think what the developers are going for is a chatbot that won't lie and make up facts when you ask it for genuine factual information. If the chat bot understands that you understand its making things up than its ok

Yeah, I was trying to get it to cast a fictional TV series, and it kept telling me it couldn't because it doesn't have knowledge of the future, or because such a series doesn't exist. I ultimately had to ask for suggestions for who should be cast before it finally caved and spit out some actors.

It actually did a terrific job coming up with a cast at that point.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
okay so SMALL CONTENT CREATOR has a image of Tiny from Clayfighter as their av and mentioned wanting something similar but not as Legally Actionable, so I decided to see what i could knock up real quick with SD, photoshop, and some other bits and bobs

so i generated a clay model of a wrestler with barbarian style face paint

moved the head down into the neck area and added big cartoony eyes in photoshop, big mouth and teeth

then dropped it back into SD to img2img it back into the clay model looking thing

then dropped it into dall-e 2 to outpaint the torso and arms

then pixelated it, scaled it and removed the background

then fixed up the skintone

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

okay so SMALL CONTENT CREATOR has a image of Tiny from Clayfighter as their av and mentioned wanting something similar but not as Legally Actionable, so I decided to see what i could knock up real quick with SD, photoshop, and some other bits and bobs

so i generated a clay model of a wrestler with barbarian style face paint

moved the head down into the neck area and added big cartoony eyes in photoshop, big mouth and teeth

then dropped it back into SD to img2img it back into the clay model looking thing

then dropped it into dall-e 2 to outpaint the torso and arms

then pixelated it, scaled it and removed the background

then fixed up the skintone

Wow, that came out great

How did you do the pixelization step btw? A filter?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Analytic Engine posted:

Wow, that came out great

How did you do the pixelization step btw? A filter?

literally just this lmao https://giventofly.github.io/pixelit/

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

I subscribe to Pixlr and I haven't touched Gimp or Photoshop in years. I do use Krita sometimes.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I'm now putting image prompts into the chat bot lol:

I had to modify the prompts to say "story" instead of "shot" sometimes or the AI would actually complain about not being able to generate images.

a dystopian, Lovecraftian, McDonalds advertisement showing a smiling rat family being served a tray of rats in the style of H.R. Giger

A dystopian, Lovecraftian McDonalds advertisement would likely depict a dark and bleak world where the fast food chain has become dominant and exerts a sinister influence on society. The rat family in the advertisement could be shown as being unnaturally happy and content as they are served a tray of rats in the style of H.R. Giger, perhaps with the rats being presented in a twisted and distorted way that is meant to evoke feelings of fear and disgust. The overall tone of the advertisement would be disturbing and unsettling, with the intention of creating a sense of unease in the viewer. It would likely reflect the dystopian, nightmarish world of the McDonalds corporation, in which the company has become all-powerful and rules over a populace that is too terrified or brainwashed to resist its influence.

storybook about baby seals disguised as loafs of bread that drink only Mountain Dew and eat only Doritos in a magical forest of smiling happy rat families

Once upon a time, in a magical forest filled with smiling happy rat families, there lived a group of baby seals who were disguised as loaves of bread. The seals were curious and adventurous, and they loved to explore the forest and discover its many secrets.

One day, the seals came across a hidden stash of Mountain Dew and Doritos. The seals were intrigued by the colorful labels and the strange, sweet and salty flavors of the snacks. They quickly became addicted to the Mountain Dew and Doritos, and they spent their days lounging on the forest floor, sipping from cans of the fizzy drink and munching on bags of the spicy chips.

The seals were happy and content, living their carefree lives in the magical forest. They frolicked and played, enjoying the sunshine and the fresh air. And they never once thought about leaving the forest or changing their ways.

The end.

short story about an "Intel inside!" branded dump-truck dumping chili vomit into a pool with people swimming in the chili vomit

Once upon a time, in a world filled with strange and wondrous sights, there was a dump-truck emblazoned with the phrase "Intel Inside!" This dump-truck was the pride and joy of the local sanitation department, and it was known far and wide for its state-of-the-art technology and powerful engine.

One day, the dump-truck was called upon to clean up a massive spill at the town's public swimming pool. The pool was filled with a disgusting, fiery red liquid that looked like chili vomit. The dump-truck, not wanting to disappoint, revved its engine and began to scoop up the vile substance, filling its bed to the brim.

As it made its way to the dump site, however, something went horribly wrong. The dump-truck's engine began to overheat, and before anyone could react, the truck lost control and careened into the pool, dumping its entire load of chili vomit into the water.

The people who were swimming in the pool at the time were horrified as they found themselves engulfed in the spicy, sickening sludge. They struggled to climb out of the pool, but the chili vomit made it impossible to get a foothold.

In the end, the "Intel Inside!" dump-truck had to be towed away, and the pool was closed for weeks as the chili vomit was cleaned up. It was a disaster that would never be forgotten by those who witnessed it.

action story of top secret documents exploding out everywhere in Mar-A-Lago as a baby seal disguised as a loaf of bread raids the facility with FBI agents

As the sun rose over Mar-A-Lago, the luxurious resort owned by the President of the United States, a baby seal disguised as a loaf of bread could be seen sneaking through the front gates.

The seal, known to the FBI as Agent Seal, had been assigned to infiltrate the resort and gather top secret documents that were believed to be hidden within its walls.

Agent Seal quickly made his way to the main building, using his loaf of bread disguise to blend in with the other food items in the kitchen.

As he searched the cabinets and drawers, he stumbled upon a hidden compartment containing a stack of classified documents.

Just as he was about to grab them, he was caught off guard by the sudden appearance of a group of security guards.

Agent Seal quickly dropped to the floor, using his seal agility to dodge their bullets and escape through a window.

He ran across the lawn, the documents clutched tightly in his flippers, as he was pursued by the guards.

Just as he was about to be caught, a team of FBI agents burst through the gates, guns drawn.

They quickly engaged the guards in a fierce firefight, allowing Agent Seal to make his escape.

As he reached the safety of the ocean, he turned back to see the top secret documents exploding out everywhere in Mar-A-Lago, causing chaos and confusion among the guards.

Agent Seal knew that his mission had been a success, and he swam off into the sunset, ready for his next adventure.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Dec 7, 2022

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose
I wanted Captain Picard made of wool...

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
looks like he is made out of felt, which can be wool based. AI wins again

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

Rutibex posted:

looks like he is made out of felt, which can be wool based. AI wins again

I did ask for shirtless, but i think DALL-E2 has trouble with that detail.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mjolnerd posted:

I did ask for shirtless, but i think DALL-E2 has trouble with that detail.

Midjourney doesn't trust us with "shirtless" :(

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

Rutibex posted:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

"Make it sew!"

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
I tried making some pixel arts assets with midjourney. This poo poo is insane. There’s still a lot of touch ups to do but it’s gonna save me so many hours.

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

feedmyleg posted:

"Make it sew!"

:perfect:

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

Captain Picard shirtless eating the nachos in a Mexican restaurant while wearing a tiny santa hat, happy holidays, christmas card, depth of field, no shirt, shirtless, color photo, advertisement, mexican nacho specials, merry christmas

e: text added manually

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Rutibex posted:

You must master the Darmok Prompt
code:
captain jean-luc picard vacationing on risa, his chest buff with space-hgh --no uniform --v 4
Too bad they nerfed celebrity faces

(It even sucks with an image prompt from TNG)

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Best I could get with image prompts:

I find the trick is to use at least 2 images.

Popoto posted:

I tried making some pixel arts assets with midjourney. This poo poo is insane. There’s still a lot of touch ups to do but it’s gonna save me so many hours.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I would encourage people to think about pixel waste and try to minimize it

every time you do a bad render it lights a bunch of pixels for no reason

think about the pixels before you just jam "anime tiddies" into a prompt to see what happens. (come on you know what's going to happen that's why you did it)

every pixel is special, every pixel is great

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Patrick Stewart, hunk wrestler, studio lighting

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I would encourage people to think about pixel waste and try to minimize it

every time you do a bad render it lights a bunch of pixels for no reason

think about the pixels before you just jam "anime tiddies" into a prompt to see what happens. (come on you know what's going to happen that's why you did it)

every pixel is special, every pixel is great

uh huh

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

THERE ARE THREE NIPPLES

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 7, 2022

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Like wtf lol. Amazing.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
Jean luc Picard as a grizzled mercenary:

Pretty decent concept art for an alternate universe episode.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

But he's still wearing a shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah can you make him a bit... I don't know, beefier? Buffer? Chonkier? Swoller?