Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Winifred Madgers posted:

yep. put it under the direct control of congress, who can be trusted to do the right thing, at least with democrats in charge.

nationalize congress and democrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
actions like this continue to make it clear that the correct choice is to not vote for Democrats

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

ex post facho posted:

actions like this continue to make it clear that the correct choice is to not vote for Democrats

:hmmyes:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/eastbIoc/status...ingawful.com%2F

:thunk:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

it would probably be both more interesting and realistic to balance it with diplomatic penalties from capitalist nations

red19fire
May 26, 2010

That’s in the NG+ called Cuba mode.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
So, the democrats expanded their lead in the senate.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Doc Hawkins posted:

it would probably be both more interesting and realistic to balance it with diplomatic penalties from capitalist nations
Does this game have an assassination mechanic?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

So, the democrats expanded their lead in the senate.

Finally real change is within reach!

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Ah, well, nevertheless...

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Good that lead amounts to nothing

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

HallelujahLee posted:

Good that lead amounts to nothing

Somebody was saying on Twitter that having 51 means the committees aren't evenly split between the parties anymore, which will make judicial appointments easier.

If I know the Senate Dems though, that even split was self-imposed and allowing committee members to hold poo poo up was something they could have done away with at any point in time.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
idgi why does have 51 senators matter. they can already pass the bills they want to like breaking strikes with 35 republicans joining them

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Somebody was saying on Twitter that having 51 means the committees aren't evenly split between the parties anymore, which will make judicial appointments easier.

If I know the Senate Dems though, that even split was self-imposed and allowing committee members to hold poo poo up was something they could have done away with at any point in time.

Probably theres also the 2 usual suspects

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

If its 50-50 then you need the VP to cast tie breakers instead of the usual doing nothing. Not even democrats want to rely on Kamala Harris if they can help it.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

we did it everyone! surely there won't be another rotating villain shifting the math or an explanation thst actually every good thing requires 60 votes from now on/really the house has all of the power and the senate is the weaker legislative body

I feel bad that an old indie union organizer shared this. They're usually so hardcore and I love that before Biden they largely never took the vote blue no matter who stance. They've been an awesome organizer for almost twice my lifespan so I can't really give them poo poo, since I can't see myself being such a firebrand in my 80's.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Did everyone forget that the dems lost the house

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

apparently they also forget that in 2024 theres other elections incredibly unfavorable to dems in senate

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Coolness Averted posted:

we did it everyone! surely there won't be another rotating villain shifting the math or an explanation thst actually every good thing requires 60 votes from now on/really the house has all of the power and the senate is the weaker legislative body

They've always got the parliamentarian. I mean, the Republicans would never, ever in a million years just go with reconciliation on any bill they want passed if they had 51 senators and the parliamentarian said no right?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Shear Modulus posted:

libs have no object permanence and will just repeat whatever talking point they're supposed to

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Shear Modulus posted:

Shhh, you're harshing the TOTAL DEMOCRAT EXONERATION vibes

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

its okay even without the house we've still got the harm minimization POTUS

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

paul_soccer12 posted:

Finally real change is within reach!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

eSports Chaebol posted:

idgi why does have 51 senators matter. they can already pass the bills they want to like breaking strikes with 35 republicans joining them

it does not. it does however provide great cover for Democrats, and is why Manchin and Sinema will be re-elected with full support of the party

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Shear Modulus posted:

Seriously we had years of Manchin and Sinema being the ostensible reasons we couldn't have anything good, now we'll have the Republican house be the reason we can't have anything good, then some bad poo poo is going to happen in 2024

No matter how many Dems you vote for there's always some loving excuse why actual good things can never happen

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
How bout legal weed, legal abortion, student loan relief, and wider seats on planes. All utterly popular ideas. Just do those things. But useless Dems just wanna be useless

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Doc Hawkins posted:

It needs a mechanic for increased chance of fascism.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

How bout legal weed, legal abortion, student loan relief, and wider seats on planes. All utterly popular ideas. Just do those things. But useless Dems just wanna be useless

not to worry joe biden just months ago set up an exploratory commission to see if legalizing weed would be a good idea I'm sure he'll get to it any day now

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

how about illegal weed, illegal abortion, no student loan relief, and this

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

drat look at that full face fart efficiency

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

still waiting on the end of daylight savings time

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

DoubleDonut posted:

We're more likely to get this passed than even rescheduled weed

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

DoubleDonut posted:

admittedly I could almost be a single issue voter on this

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

DoubleDonut posted:

drat I can't believe I forgot this in my list

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

alarumklok posted:

drat look at that full face fart efficiency

imagine the smell!

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

I dont think they even put the daylight thing up for consideratiom in the house

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

healthcare pls

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

DoubleDonut posted:

gently caress I thought this had already been passed but that was only in the senate? and the house is just gonna drag their feet until the senate bill is no longer valid? gently caress these useless morons

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

I dont think they even put the daylight thing up for consideratiom in the house

They're still trying to figure out how they can hide a 10 billion dollar handout to lockheed in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

republican house might pass it next term. incoming senate class is not so different to take it up again. a couple senate republicans loving hate changing the clock so it feels like they are the main force behind it.
im sure theres some dst lobby that owns the patents that let your microwave change the clock automatically that is very against the proposals