Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

BabyRyoga posted:

Sym and Bastion changes seem cool.

Those sojourn changes though sound more like a buff than a nerf TBH. She does more primary fire damage, and she shoots her railgun off way more often. It can't 1HKO full health targets inherently anymore, but what happens against discorded targets or with a mercy?

Don't even know what to say about the doom changes. If a hero is weak, you give them a slight buff and see if it makes a difference. Rinse, repeat. They decided to buff pretty much EVERYTHING in Doom's kit for some reason, from damage done, to ability uptime, to utility, to survivability. Someone is ACTUALLY smoking crack down at the Blizzard offices. The hero wasn't even that bad; it was typically more playable than Sym and even JQ (who got the proper nerf she needed, but none of the buffs she also needed?) in S1.

The best part is some pro players got this patch early so they definitely know and still went through with it. Also lol at JQ getting a larger hitbox and basically nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I think I need to practice on some wallriding maps, I'm a terrible Lucio but he enables Ram in such a ridiculous way.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

I just uninstalled after having multiple players in bronze 5 comp, in 3 different matches tell me to kill myself, that I'm a worthless human being, among other things. I'm already depressed and suicidal, I don't need this poo poo in a loving video game.

I usually have a thicker skin about this poo poo, but tonight really got to me in a not-good way. Hands down the most toxic community I've ever been a part of, and I've played Planetside, EvE Online, League and Dota.

Maybe if there was a goon group or something in the future I'd try it again, but for now I'm out.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

SirKibbles posted:

The best part is some pro players got this patch early so they definitely know and still went through with it. Also lol at JQ getting a larger hitbox and basically nothing else.

Not true! She heals *checks notes* 4 extra points of HP per wound inflicted! Hella balanced!

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

With the reduction to Bastion's transform cooldown, he is an absolute menace on the new map. So many tight lanes for him to just hide behind a Rein shield and blast through while getting power buffed from Mercy.

What's a good counter for him? Pharah? I pretty much just play tank but I can try to convince my DPS buddies to switch if that'll help.

As time goes on, I find myself falling back into pretty much exclusively playing Rein - always on attack, and most of the time on defense (other than Junkertown where Orisa is my jam).

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Haven't played for a few weeks. Turned it on after seeing an ad for season 2 and then realised I had to unlock the new champ. Oh well back to darktide I guess. I'll probably come back to play at some point but a map rotation, some balance changes and a character I'm not allowed to play aren't really firing up my drive to play again.

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I just uninstalled after having multiple players in bronze 5 comp, in 3 different matches tell me to kill myself, that I'm a worthless human being, among other things. I'm already depressed and suicidal, I don't need this poo poo in a loving video game.

I usually have a thicker skin about this poo poo, but tonight really got to me in a not-good way. Hands down the most toxic community I've ever been a part of, and I've played Planetside, EvE Online, League and Dota.

Maybe if there was a goon group or something in the future I'd try it again, but for now I'm out.

I'm sorry to hear that. While I personally don't think Overwatch has come close to the stuff I've seen in League, I do feel its gotten worse in overwatch 2. Ive also reported a reasonable amount of things and so far not had one notification that the report was acted upon, I swear this was a thing in Overwatch 1. So either they no longer send out the feedback reports or they arn't acting on reports like they should be.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The Midniter posted:

With the reduction to Bastion's transform cooldown, he is an absolute menace on the new map. So many tight lanes for him to just hide behind a Rein shield and blast through while getting power buffed from Mercy.

What's a good counter for him? Pharah? I pretty much just play tank but I can try to convince my DPS buddies to switch if that'll help.

As time goes on, I find myself falling back into pretty much exclusively playing Rein - always on attack, and most of the time on defense (other than Junkertown where Orisa is my jam).

Sigma is my go to anti-spam. Save his suck power for when bastion transforms, rock him if you get the chance.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Just play on EU, no one talks at all.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

- Why is there no guild/group system in this game? Yeah they've said it would need to be Battlenet wide but get loving on it then.
- Why can't I make a list of favourite skins and randomise between them?
- WHY IS THERE STILL NO PREMIUM CURRENCY IN THE BATTLEPASS

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

I've had a couple of feedback reports in the last few days, so they're doing something. But you'd have thought it shouldn't take weeks for them to act on flat-out racist slurs and KYS messages in text chat.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Just had a game where the enemy team has a grandmaster and a master while ours had 3 diamonds and a plat.

All this info was from their title cards, cuz I think the placement system is busted rn.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Just had a game where the enemy team has a grandmaster and a master while ours had 3 diamonds and a plat.

All this info was from their title cards, cuz I think the placement system is busted rn.

The :tinfoil: theory that the reason they removed being able to see player ranks around their icons is because they broke matchmaking lol.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

teagone posted:

The :tinfoil: theory that the reason they removed being able to see player ranks around their icons is because they broke matchmaking lol.

Just give people the same rank they had last season. This isn't rocket science.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Cpt_Obvious posted:

was this in quickplay or competitive

b/c if it was comp and everyone was in their main roles, lol

i wouldn't be surprised to see fake ratings decay at the start of each season for faux progression but also combined with them loving it up and actually decaying the underlying rating

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Comp.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

so there is a possibility the matchmaking wasn't busted in your case if they were offroling. a GM support/dps that's barely ever played tank for example is going to be much worse at tank until they play a bunch of games, but they can still wear the GM placard under their name while offroling.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see people venture into a fantastic new vista of trolling by wearing a GM placard and intentionally throwing down into bronze on an offrole

(ofc they couldve hosed up matchmaking yet again)

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
When I get the Cyberdemom title I think it'll be break time

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

verbal enema posted:

When I get the Cyberdemom title I think it'll be break time

Wasn't that only for last season?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Motherfucker

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
What's the best way to find other people to play Overwatch 2 with?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Milosh posted:

What's the best way to find other people to play Overwatch 2 with?

I add people after most games

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Two Owls posted:

I've had a couple of feedback reports in the last few days, so they're doing something. But you'd have thought it shouldn't take weeks for them to act on flat-out racist slurs and KYS messages in text chat.

Ah, a blizzard first timer?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Sorry to hear that. :(

For me, my worst toxic gaming experiences have been while playing as the Killer in Dead by Daylight. Survivors just act positively deranged in that game being absolute shitlords. I like the gameplay loop, but the toxicity completely kills any desire to play that game.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i used to think blizz banning chat and voice from hearthstone was a mistake -- but it probably wasnt

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Uggggggggggh ended last season on Gold 5, gold 4, gold 5, now I'm bronze 5, silver 1, bronze 5.

I went from at least half of my games feeling like "Oh hey all these players are at broadly the same skill level" to "It is a complete lottery as to which team gets the worst player and no matter how hard you try to carry as a support you cannot make up for DPS who cannot ever kill a pharah".

Honestly makes me want to uninstall. If every season is just gonna be like "You're mixed in with DPS players who get out-damaged by you playing Moira (and who still has top heals)" then I don't want to play.

Is there a thread discord so I don't have to climb out of this pit solo?

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
The definitely alluded to more social features like guilds and such in the Papa Jeff days. Feels like yet another casualty of the OW2 development/push to release.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I've been having fun in quickplay facing off against Rammatras with Zarya. Bubble to stop the poke, then rightclick to boop the Big Mode. Inbetween you can just lazer him to death.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

WhatEvil posted:

Uggggggggggh ended last season on Gold 5, gold 4, gold 5, now I'm bronze 5, silver 1, bronze 5.

I went from at least half of my games feeling like "Oh hey all these players are at broadly the same skill level" to "It is a complete lottery as to which team gets the worst player and no matter how hard you try to carry as a support you cannot make up for DPS who cannot ever kill a pharah".

Honestly makes me want to uninstall. If every season is just gonna be like "You're mixed in with DPS players who get out-damaged by you playing Moira (and who still has top heals)" then I don't want to play.

Is there a thread discord so I don't have to climb out of this pit solo?

I'm that Moira. I can usually go about 22-5 with 4-5k heals in quick play. I think my best was 44-5. But in comp? I'm lucky to go positive. I had a player on my team last night start making GBS threads on me because I was 1 minute into the match, and only had 500 in heals and was 0-2.

There shouldn't be a two rank spread. A gold DPS shouldn't be in a match with bronze players. I don't understand why players aren't just matched in their same rank until a certain threshold that bumps you up.

The poo poo community, hosed up match making, scummy pricing, bad battle pass among other things just makes this game feel bad to play.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I finally sent a blizzard friend request to someone who I see almost every time I play and we did a group once but I think they hate me because they did not accept.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Two Owls posted:

I've received feedback on reports like one day after each report I made, that gave me a little bit of hope.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rick posted:

I finally sent a blizzard friend request to someone who I see almost every time I play and we did a group once but I think they hate me because they did not accept.

i think most people are like me and generally avoid randomly accepting friend requests in competitive multiplayer, since it's hard to divine direct intent (e.g. someone is adding you because they liked how you played and not because they want to flame you in DMs or because they think you're a girl and are angling to edate), and it's hard to find people levelheaded enough to not blow up when games start going bad as it is amongst the friends i've known for years, much less random internet strangers

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Vermain posted:

i think most people are like me and generally avoid randomly accepting friend requests in competitive multiplayer, since it's hard to divine direct intent (e.g. someone is adding you because they liked how you played and not because they want to flame you in DMs or because they think you're a girl and are angling to edate), and it's hard to find people levelheaded enough to not blow up when games start going bad as it is amongst the friends i've known for years, much less random internet strangers

Oh it’s almost for sure this and I don’t blame them at all. I almost never do this sort of thing and just was like “all right I see this person every day and I enjoyed grouping with them.”

Just making a joke about how everyone hates me. A “joke.”

I’m so sorry I wronged you. Really. I can’t help it. I’m awful. I’m sorry.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Jimbot posted:

Not true! She heals *checks notes* 4 extra points of HP per wound inflicted! Hella balanced!
By the way, JQ bleed is now bugged and reduced by armor, so this patch was unequivocally a net nerf to her. Also hearing that the new map is another sniper haven that everyone else hates.

Another knockout patch by the Overwatch team!

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

There shouldn't be a two rank spread. A gold DPS shouldn't be in a match with bronze players. I don't understand why players aren't just matched in their same rank until a certain threshold that bumps you up.

The poo poo community, hosed up match making, scummy pricing, bad battle pass among other things just makes this game feel bad to play.

Yeah I think that pretty much sums it up.

And it's a huge shame because the actual game, playing with good matchmaking and positive people is *fantastic*. Like, it's so so good.

But that's rarely the actual experience.

Re: Toxic playerbase, like, realistically it's only about 1-in-5 games where somebody is lovely and like 1-in-20 or 30 or so where you get people who are complete toxic assholes... but combined with the lovely matchmaking etc. it just makes me want to uninstall.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Malah posted:

By the way, JQ bleed is now bugged and reduced by armor, so this patch was unequivocally a net nerf to her.

This is legit hilarious.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Maybe there is no dev team

Maybe Blizzard is testing out AI generated balance patches. Would explain why they keep alluding to the internal metrics and statistics so much

Maybe no humans work at Blizzard anymore

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
OK nvm I don't mind the rank reset because after just two cycles I went from Gold 1 to Plat 1 lol

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

I left all chat channels and it's made the game way more enjoyable. There is an unreal concentration of assholes in this game. It defies belief. Idk what it is about blizzard games that draw these people in, but it is def happening.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Lmao wrong thread.

Cpt_Obvious fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Dec 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
https://twitter.com/emonggtv/status/1600685170658770944

"Whelp, time to take a bathroom break"