Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i have a new favorite t-shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's been a while. I really need to clean my mirror. Yikes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Sliced the hair off my chin.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I said in the Friday thread that I was going to Huntsville Alabama to visit the Rocket Center and see the sights. I did nab this picture of me in front of this terror machine:

And One of the big Rockets was cool.

I had a lot of fun and ill be coming back to Huntsville to check out some more locations. That town was absolutely awesome and the sights around the area were pleasant to drive through.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's so cool.

I thought the SR-71 would be bigger. eh, no I guess that looks right. It's just one pilot.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I thought the SR-71 would be bigger. eh, no I guess that looks right. It's just one pilot.

That is actually the older sister: The Lockheed A-12. Though the SR-71 Blackbird later came out; this was the original terror of the skies and did some incredible missions back in the day.

That plane was the ID 60-6930 with 299 flights and a whopping 500 hours of total flight time before she officially retired and has a home in Huntsville. I wasn't able to get the full story from the guide but I was able to discuss some specifics with her caretaker that I found intriguing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was not aware of that. Thank you!

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Took this for a group chat the other day and thought it was pretty nice actually 🥹

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Katamari Democracy posted:

I said in the Friday thread that I was going to Huntsville Alabama to visit the Rocket Center and see the sights. I did nab this picture of me in front of this terror machine:

And One of the big Rockets was cool.

I had a lot of fun and ill be coming back to Huntsville to check out some more locations. That town was absolutely awesome and the sights around the area were pleasant to drive through.

That's really drat cool.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was not aware of that. Thank you!

No worries I thought it was the Blackbird as well until we went towards the plackard and our guide was explaining the aircraft to us. It's very commonly compared to the blackbird.

Elentor posted:

That's really drat cool.

It was extremely cool to go to and if you don't mind space science poo poo then for 30 bucks you can't go wrong for visiting for a few hours.

I did take a bunch more pictures but sadly no more of me. My friends and I were being goons and made scientific pun jokes for almost every area of that museum. Some people following along I could tell had fun with us and it was all around a very cool experience.

Edit- Forgot to include my friends. Honerary Goons who are not goons.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 5, 2022

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Doc Fission posted:

Took this for a group chat the other day and thought it was pretty nice actually 🥹

Is that date stamp a filter? Lookin' pretty, welcome to the thread!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Doc Fission posted:

Love the fabric holding your hair up, the glasses, and the nose piercing. Welcome!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

It always amazes me how Goons are just normal attractive people and not an endless series of cave trolls like myself.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Desert Bus posted:

It always amazes me how Goons are just normal attractive people and not an endless series of cave trolls like myself.

yeah it's really been loving with me how most of the people on the other end of these blocks of text are straight cuties. really putting a damper on my narcissistic superiority complex

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

hi i got to hang out with my wife without babies or pets for once, or, hello there I'll have one order of world's jankest teeth and a cream donut

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Desert Bus posted:

If it makes your feel any better, I seem to be literally unable to make friends

People all day are always telling me they like my shirts and my hair and my everything and it's like okay well wanna be friends :kiddo:

):

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

hi i got to hang out with my wife without babies or pets for once, or, hello there I'll have one order of world's jankest teeth and a cream donut

Your teeth give you character and you have a very pretty wife. I always had perfect (aligned) teeth but I still have my wisdom teeth which pushed my jaw out a bit and I'm very self conscious about it because I have a slight underbite. When I was a kid the dentist told my mom I could get jaw surgery but I was terrified to have my jaw wired shut for however long so we declined.

Doc Fission posted:

Welcome to the selfie thread! lol are you on discord?! What's your discord?! (this is a joke in this thread so please don't think I really want that)

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I asked Pennywise for their Discord and they gave me my own discord and I ended messaging myself, I got owned so hard :(

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My entire presence on this forum is to own you syntax.

You're the lib to my MAGA.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Me at Disneyland about to be interrogated by the first order in rise of the resistance.
:wookie:

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Desert Bus posted:

Is that date stamp a filter? Lookin' pretty, welcome to the thread!

It is! I use an app called B612 for pics because it's easy to use and has nice pleasing filters. I'm too stupid for makeup and overall a bad picture-taker so whenever I want to Capture a Moment I simply must use ze apps

Batterypowered7 posted:

Love the fabric holding your hair up, the glasses, and the nose piercing. Welcome!

TY :shobon:

I am on the CSPAM Discord most days, which is empirically the worst one. It's a place of grave unrest.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Y'all are a very cute couple. Is that a piece of candy on top of the donut?

Ralph Hurley posted:

Me at Disneyland about to be interrogated by the first order in rise of the resistance.
:wookie:

This is a nice picture. Your glasses suit you very well :)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Doc Fission posted:

I am on the CSPAM Discord most days, which is empirically the worst one. It's a place of grave unrest.

Well I'll certainly never see you there! :)

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005

I let my niece give me braids the other day. I’m not sure if she got bored halfway or what, but it’s a look. Note: that’s my waifu in the pic, not my niece

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
simply having a wonder f u l c hristm as ti m e

Only registered members can see post attachments!

matti
Mar 31, 2019

kntfkr posted:

wonderful

matti
Mar 31, 2019

this is a really cool picture and look.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Me at a work happy hour last night, feeling like a silly goose:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

kntfkr posted:

Omg the plaid on the bb

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Omg the plaid on the bb

I can't tell where one ends and one begins. Big "Get to the reactor" vibes. did it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Lmao

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

:siren:thunderdome winner:siren:

Decided to train for a 50 mile ruck next fall with my 16 lb ruck weight. The weight has Opinions about this.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Chernobyl Princess posted:

Decided to train for a 50 mile ruck next fall with my 16 lb ruck weight. The weight has Opinions about this.

Them CHEEKS on the bb, my God

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
everyone's posting pictures with their babies but no one's taken a picture of me with mine on my phone since Halloween. what the gently caress.

Gambit from the X-Men fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 5, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is he dressed as the zombie baby from Braindead?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
not until you suggested it at which point yes

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

If you're stuck in Indiana and you don't make the best of it by shooting pizza boxes with arrows and throwing bonfires at night then what's the point?

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

:siren:thunderdome winner:siren:

Grammarchist posted:

If you're stuck in Indiana and you don't make the best of it by shooting pizza boxes with arrows and throwing bonfires at night then what's the point?

You know, I've never been stuck in Indiana but you definitely make it sound pretty okay

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Grammarchist posted:

Those pizza boxes never stood a chance. I hope you were hunting to eat and that all the delicious pizza found inside didn't go to waste.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Chernobyl Princess posted:

You know, I've never been stuck in Indiana but you definitely make it sound pretty okay

We got corn and cows here, what more's a person need?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Last night I went to a really cool community discussion session about the Wisconsin 23-25 budget. I saw a lot of the reps that I know and it was great to talk to them. I even went up to our new county executive (GOP former Scott Walker appointee whom I don't like) and was quite cordial. I told her I didn't vote for her but complimented on her increasing visibility of her job and what she actually does. I've seen her involved in a lot of parks and outdoor stuff which the GOP tends to ignore. We talked for maybe 5 minutes. It went nicely. :)

Gov Evers set it up and came to our city to get opinions on what we should be attributing our budget to. There were 5 groups of about 20ish people each sitting in chairs in a circle with some government officials taking notes and asking questions. The whole thing was surprisingly intimate.

The 5 groups were something along the lines of Education, Economy, Healthcare, Infrastructure(?), and Justice Reform. I'm quite passionate about justice reform so I sat in on that group. It went great and every single person was on board with each other. The head of the Department of Corrections was in our group so it was nice to talk to someone directly about that stuff.

Anyway, Evers said he was there to listen and that's what he did. He went around to each group and sat in a chair and took notes the whole time. Unfortunately we were the last group he got to so he only heard a few minutes of our grievances but he was 2 seats away from me.

Right when it was adjourned I went up to him (he was sitting down still talking to someone) so I could get my pic with him. Slowly and subtly 3 guy in suits (secret service) edged closer and closer to me. I heard one say "he's trying to get his attention" into the super obvious mic sticking out of his lapel. 2 of the guys were pretty scrawny too. One dude had to have been 5' 7" 140lbs max. But I'd imagine they were packing. Either way I got Tony's attention and he was very pleased to take a pic.

I'm leaning like Michael Jackson because there was the back of a chair sort of between us in front. The secret service guy actually offered to take the pic which was nice.

Also, holy poo poo I'm getting fat. I must have put on 20lbs in the past 6 months.

Also also, sorry for the long rant. I was very proud I got my drunk depressed rear end off the couch for some community engagement. I talked to my psychologist today and he was super excited I did that. (he and I are on the same page 100% which is nice, in fact he told me today that before he became a doctor he worked on capitol hill for 7 years working for a super progressive ohio senator). :)

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 15, 2022