Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

hatty posted:

Ah poo poo We ❤️Katamari is the best PS2 game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i was really worried they'd not release that because the Katamari Damacy rerelease sold poorly, maybe because it's a niche game and also because they released it on the same day as Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

hatty posted:

Hell yeah. But I just want a port of Katamari Forever, basically the Greatest Hits of Katamari.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i was really worried they'd not release that because the Katamari Damacy rerelease sold poorly, maybe because it's a niche game and also because they released it on the same day as Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Also because they didn't update the controls to be easier to use like the more recent Katamaris, so it felt really stiff to play.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
port the PSP one because that has the best title music

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

If we ever get a remade The Bouncer with 4player built in multitap on Switch I will coom

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mr.Acula posted:

If we ever get a remade The Bouncer with 4player built in multitap on Switch I will coom

The Bouncer voice:
THE BOUNCER!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Do trademarks like this really mean a game is coming? Can we take it at face value?

If so that's a near D1 purchase. I loved finally getting the chance to play and experience Katamari Damacy (the SOUNDTRACK!) that more of it is a instant-need in my heart and life.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Do trademarks like this really mean a game is coming? Can we take it at face value?

If so that's a near D1 purchase. I loved finally getting the chance to play and experience Katamari Damacy (the SOUNDTRACK!) that more of it is a instant-need in my heart and life.

Sometimes if they’re just renewing a trademark it means very little but in this case there’s nothing with that specific title that currently exists and if they were just making a trademark to combat trolls they wouldn’t have added that “Royal Reverie” bit at the end. This feels like a pretty safe bet to come out. I’m hoping we get a proper announce tomorrow

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

I'm not sure why you'd need to trademark that Tales name. I'm pretty sure those words have never been put in exactly that order in the entire history of the English language.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I just finally bought KD Reroll because I needed more rolling in my life, and We Love Katamari is my favourite of the series. I used to play the hell out of that one on my ex's PS2 like.... poo poo, 15 years ago. I was just thinking how I wish they'd port that one, too. This is fantastic!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Tales of Fat Thighs.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i bought and beat tales of arise when it came out and i remember roughly 0% of it. can't wait for the dlc.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I like how on lap 3 of Peach Gardens you can glide through the shrubbery of Mario's hand and give him a high five. :hfive:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Mister Facetious posted:

I like how on lap 3 of Peach Gardens you can glide through the shrubbery of Mario's hand and give him a high five. :hfive:

I'm imagining it like that scene in Gladiator when he has his hand in the field while walking by, except he's in a go-kart and it's Mario he's driving by.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oscar Wild posted:

I'm not sure why you'd need to trademark that Tales name. I'm pretty sure those words have never been put in exactly that order in the entire history of the English language.

Probably because there's a Tales game called that coming

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

hatty posted:

it's the only ps2 game i still own even though i dont have a sony system anymore

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Nintendo renewed the Eternal Darkness trademark a few years ago and has done nothing with it

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Len posted:

Nintendo renewed the Eternal Darkness trademark a few years ago and has done nothing with it

god i want an eternal darkness remake and sequel more than i can put into words

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Dread plays so well. I'm in the 3rd area now and it's been fun moving around. I feel like I've been railroaded though, which I don't love for this type of game, on the other hand I also don't want to put much thought into it so it's ok if I'm being guided in specific ways.

I won't say I'm not enjoying it, but it wasn't the type of game I wanted to play right right now, still I'm sure I'll ease into it. Same thing happened with their Samus Returns, took me about half-way through to really get into it. The stage design is very cool, but less organic than I would've liked. I look forward to seeing different environments.

There are a lot of sequence breaks early on, but they’re not obvious on your first run. Just keep going where the game indicates and look up sequence breaks and stuff later.

There are a few areas with different environments but it’s mostly pretty similar, especially the EMMI sections, which was a little disappointing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Len posted:

I have more faith in this announcement because it's not just Namco reregistering the Katamari Damacy trademark in general, it's registering the specific name "We Love Katamari: Reroll", which is much more specific. It's the name subtitle as the re-release they already put out.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I play on a projector, but often do table-top. And holy cow, does Dread look amazing on an OLED. Just incredible looking.

Beat the 2nd(?) boss it went fine. Game's fine. I'm getting into this. Took me what? 3 hours?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the final boss is probably my favorite part of dread but how long it takes to get the morph ball is definitely a contender

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Love the new water area. I love stormy scenes. I still don't get why everything feels like a building though, but whatever. The animation director is brilliant. The ennui and attitude of Samus is so clear in her simple actions. It's really well done. Like as overwrought as she was in Other M, she delivered something. Same thing here. Except the delivery is perfect.

Anyway, it's NOT a chill game and I still want that so I just got Dorf Romantik and I don't give a gently caress. It's going to be a very Metromantik Christmas.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Tales of Fat Thighs.

I also love Atelier Ryza.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Anyway, it's NOT a chill game and I still want that so I just got Dorf Romantik and I don't give a gently caress. It's going to be a very Metromantik Christmas.

Please do one of your excellent, thoughtful write ups about Dorfromantik. It’s probably going to be the next game I buy.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Something that's not obvious from this... if you do a team game, you can decide which team gets which items and have it totally be unbalanced

This means I can play against my kid and give me like no good items and them all the good stuff as a handicap.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Of course Nintendo would surprise us on December 7 with an update!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
What?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Anniversary of Pearl Harbor, kinda a tasteless joke

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Love the new water area. I love stormy scenes. I still don't get why everything feels like a building though, but whatever. The animation director is brilliant. The ennui and attitude of Samus is so clear in her simple actions. It's really well done. Like as overwrought as she was in Other M, she delivered something. Same thing here. Except the delivery is perfect.

It's a damned great game

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Large Testicles posted:

Anniversary of Pearl Harbor, kinda a tasteless joke

Its been 80 years, get over it

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
kids these days care more about Pearl and Marina

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

mandatory lesbian posted:

Its been 80 years, get over it

oh i personally don't give a poo poo, i'm just saying the joke is crass

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Splatoon 3 Big Run is this weekend too, Nintendo should be ashamed

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Morpheus posted:

Final destination, toad only, no items

The speedrun community is kinda in a tizzy about this. What settings do you allow? Whatever you decide, how do you confirm it? It'll settle down, but it's an interesting bit of chaos to drop into a group that hadn't had to think about it before.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Wildtortilla posted:

Please do one of your excellent, thoughtful write ups about Dorfromantik. It’s probably going to be the next game I buy.

Oh great now there's pressure!

But really it's been neat. I'll do a proper write-up once a get a couple more hours into it.

hatty posted:

The Splatoon 3 Big Run is this weekend too, Nintendo should be ashamed

If anything it's Pearl Harbor but now we have the chance to strike back?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

WarpDogs posted:

kids these days care more about Pearl and Marina

good

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Advance Wars indefinitely delayed due to the anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attacks

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Bug Squash posted:

The bosses in Dread are a weirdly steep difficulty spike, it's true. I mean, I really enjoyed them but they must be seriously off-putting for other people who aren't looking for a Dark Souls bullet hell difficulty wall, especially since the rest of the game is so much easier.

I didnt find any of them that tough on a first playthrough except for The Experiment that you see in Dairon early on before its body gets hijacked by the X and the final boss. Everything's pretty tame in this game if you did endgame stuff in Hollow Knight or played Dark Souls before. I'd still say it's the hardest Metroid by a comfortable margin

Barreft posted:

It's a damned great game

:hai:

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I loving love We <3 Katamari, title is accurate