Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

he literally does not understand the idea that people have families and friends that they want to spend time with. his employees are his family and his stakeholders are his friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Imagine this guy, but instead of his fortune he is in a middle management job, and it's like ugh.

This seems an apt description of a good majority of his fan base

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

ben shapino posted:

he literally does not understand the idea that people have families and friends that they want to spend time with. his employees are his family and his stakeholders are his friends.
I wonder why all of his relationships have failed and at least some of his kids want nothing to do with him

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Zugzwang posted:

I wonder why all of his relationships have failed and at least some of his kids want nothing to do with him

none of them are hardcore

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Wrong thread

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Elon Musk paid $44b for a monkey paw with infinite fingers. lol

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Zugzwang posted:

"Well, TK-421, I know my assistant told me today is your birthday, but your commits have really been lagging, and while I appreciate that you pooping and peeing in diapers is saving valuable time - and forces the nanny to see your weenus when she changes you, that's a smart move - You're spending that time on frivolous things like shaking a little rattle, and I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to exit you...

... Ah gently caress, you're doing your crylaugh emoji impression, you know I can't stay mad at you. You're safe for this quarter. Pamela will get you the gift I told her to buy for you. I hope you like the Bed, Bath, & Beyond gadget section as much as I do!"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

trying so very hard to be like donald

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
i bet elons doesnt say that

potato!
Apr 24, 2008

Did Twitter bring back the forced login pop-up? It seemed like it went away for the last couple weeks but today it came up for me again

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

bro made it say "notable" because he's pissed at wikipedia lmao

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Elon should buy Conservapedia. Way more up his alley than Wikipedia.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Puppy Doll posted:

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but Twitter got rid of their Moments feature today.

https://twitter.com/TwitterSupport/status/1600567232764985348

A lot of artists used the feature to collect their work in galleries; I'm seeing people in the quote tweets talking about how this is what's finally pushed them to places like Tumblr.

EDIT: One person suggested the microservice broke and nobody knows how to fix it, so they're trying to spin it as just discontinuing the service. If that's true, then lol and lmao.

They literally just launched a new feature “Twitter spaces” which was launched by a pop up stating “What the %#^# is that thing?!?! Let’s find out together.” So I still don’t know what it does since they were trying to be cute about it but it’s a strange time to downsize your features and say you’re focusing on improvements

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Entorwellian posted:

[Ian Miles Cheong] went on to make hellgate-guru, the second biggest fansite for Hellgate: London.

Yeah, a few pages back but my god, the layers of desolation just in these few words alone had me nearly doubled over. So not the official site (I assume it's a video game thing), but a fansite, and not the biggest fansite, but the second-biggest? And it's called hellgate-guru? What, was planethellgate already taken?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

They literally just launched a new feature “Twitter spaces” which was launched by a pop up stating “What the %#^# is that thing?!?! Let’s find out together.” So I still don’t know what it does since they were trying to be cute about it but it’s a strange time to downsize your features and say you’re focusing on improvements

twitter spaces has been around for ages, you just got the onboarding message very late for some reason

spaces was their answer to clubhouse, which nobody uses anymore, and now nobody uses spaces either besides crypto nerds

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Can we change Elon's wiki page to mention his fake rear end college degrees

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
spaces has been around for a long time but it still doesnt show up on the web app for me

they roll out features to different audiences too not just by what app you use. many of them are experiments that never get full release. at least they used to when it was a semi functional company

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Zugzwang posted:

Elon should buy Conservapedia. Way more up his alley than Wikipedia.

why buy it when they'll suck his dick for free

https://www.conservapedia.com/Elon_Musk

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Has anyone considered that twitter moderation during the 2020 election might have leaned slightly against Trump simply because he is a loving idiot?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Puppy Doll posted:

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but Twitter got rid of their Moments feature today.

https://twitter.com/TwitterSupport/status/1600567232764985348

A lot of artists used the feature to collect their work in galleries; I'm seeing people in the quote tweets talking about how this is what's finally pushed them to places like Tumblr.

EDIT: One person suggested the microservice broke and nobody knows how to fix it, so they're trying to spin it as just discontinuing the service. If that's true, then lol and lmao.

It would not at all surprise me if that was the case

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Rewatched that hbomberguy video about Tommy Tallarico, and I just keep seeing parallels with Tommy and Elon and Trump, from behavior to fake awards just sitting next to a wall somewhere.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

koshmar posted:

Since this is tangentially the idiots on twitter thread. How do you remember the quote but not the actual event?

https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/status/1600558326374621185?s=20&t=DeGsgscJ9joXklVKtyAwVw
For him it's DDday (Dippin' Dots Day)

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ben shapino posted:

its like that scene from oliver twist or whatever where the sad orphan kid is like please sir may i have some more except instead of soup elons keeping his employees from seeing their friends during the holidays lmao

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Does dippin dots still exist? Does it still exist in some limbo of undeath like Cracker Jacks?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Rewatched that hbomberguy video about Tommy Tallarico, and I just keep seeing parallels with Tommy and Elon and Trump, from behavior to fake awards just sitting next to a wall somewhere.

Haven't thought about that guy in a while. I remember watching him on G4 20 years ago and even as a 14 year old I thought he came off as a childish weirdo.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Barudak posted:

Does dippin dots still exist? Does it still exist in some limbo of undeath like Cracker Jacks?

Turns out it's NOT the ice cream of the future

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

grittyreboot posted:

Haven't thought about that guy in a while. I remember watching him on G4 20 years ago and even as a 14 year old I thought he came off as a childish weirdo.

You know who else is a childish weirdo?

Also, hey, for more cursed content, WHO WANTS MORE "ELON MUSK IS THE REAL LIFE TONY STARK" stink pieces?

Esquire has got you covered.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It's pretty damned impressive to be worse at puns than zombie simpsons

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Lord Harbor posted:

God dammit, Ubermunch is such a great name for a food delivery service in a fascist dystopia, holy poo poo.

Poster:

Bright red background, one vertical white stripe on the left, ÜBERMUNCH in black block capitals at a 90 degree angle positioned in the stripe. A sandwich going into the gaping maw of the sideways Ü. Product advertisement in the unused space.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Are those sad tissues or happy tissues?

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

I am told the last user was filled with an unbearable sadness

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Imagine this guy, but instead of his fortune he is in a middle management job, and it's like ugh. Does he even have hobbies??? Is he an actual person anymore or just a tweet and Zoom meeting machine?

He made a fat-roll elden ring build that was super sick

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Flowers for QAnon posted:

He made a fat-roll elden ring build that was super sick

I think that he didn't actually play the game, maybe stole the build from one of his sycophants, because no way could he dedicate time to this since he's always working so drat much, right?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

https://twitter.com/MattNavarra/status/1599146308149075970

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ah here comes his poo poo payment processor

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
You need 12 twitter coins (twoins) to get 1 elon buck (ebuck)

Each twoin costs 35.95

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

seems like a really good idea to implement that when you have none lawyers and left programmers

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I'm sure they've fully squared this with USA and EU financial regulatory bodies with months of review and oversight in preparation to ensure customer transactional data is secured and managed correctly.

And certainly not just farted out on a whim by Elon's now functionally-enslaved H-1B coders in his code mine.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/JamesClayton5/status/1600659429925351426

Just standing in front of the washer with my dick hanging out while my clothes get cleaned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

it might incentivize people to live at the office if they provided complimentary meals for the employees, i wonder if elon has ever thought of that