Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Do you want NEXTWAVE? Because that's how you get NEXTWAVE

Are you... are you threatening me with a good time??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Boom Boom would be extremely under-qualified to run SWORD, yet still an improvement over Brand.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

glitchwraith posted:

Boom Boom would be extremely under-qualified to run SWORD, yet still an improvement over Brand.

I mean, aliens would be extra careful in case something they did got Tabby to show drunk and explodey

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Do you want NEXTWAVE? Because that's how you get NEXTWAVE
NeXtwave is how Krakoa's soul will be saved, even if the overall situation collapses.

I mean real talk they've made so much hay about the menace of a looming killer AI. And who better to deal with that...

Than a Machine Man?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Nessus posted:

Than a Machine Man?

He's ****.

Just, absolute ****.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Alex Ross deserves some unrelated hate, but his biggest crime was ruining Machine Man with those awful Earth X comics

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
https://twitter.com/CerebroCast/status/1599822387918561282
:hmmyes:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh my goodness, I can't stop laughing!

Kieron, you magnificent bastard :allears:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Don't hover over any spoiler tag, go read it first!

Also, love the disrespect towards Dark Beast, "you aren't even the darkest Beast anymore"

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

It was a great comic. The most shocking thing is how high of a priority he gave Colossus, but that was corrected at the re-evaluation.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

P.S: X-Men Red delivers again, too. Brilliant week from this and Immortal alone.

Also out this week, though: X-Force (ugh, how is this not over yet), X-Treme X-Men with Claremont and Larroca (hm, who's this for?), New Mutants (is this good currently? I lost interest at some point)

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Fritzler posted:

It was a great comic. The most shocking thing is how high of a priority he gave Colossus, but that was corrected at the re-evaluation.

I swear, it's like they saw people speculating that Beast was really Dark Beast and went "well, Sinister DOES have one, but nope..McCoy is really just that much of a shitbag."

God bless unapologetically, flamboyantly, sociapathically camp Sinister. It's going to be a shame when he gets sent to the pit, eventually.

We Got Us A Bread fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 7, 2022

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It probably really sucks to be a Madelyne Pryor fan huh

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
god, immortal today is so good

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Gologle posted:

It probably really sucks to be a Madelyne Pryor fan huh

yeah, i'm not too happy about her new life free of x-men bullshit immediately turning into an inferno reenactment.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Saoshyant posted:

X-Treme X-Men with Claremont and Larroca (hm, who's this for?)

Me

quote:

New Mutants (is this good currently? I lost interest at some point)

We're midway through a brief fill-in arc by Charlie Jane Anders about the new trans characters introduced in last year's Pride special. It's charming and has a nice zippy pace.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

How Wonderful! posted:

Me

We're midway through a brief fill-in arc by Charlie Jane Anders about the new trans characters introduced in last year's Pride special. It's charming and has a nice zippy pace.

Wolfsbane as team leader is also pretty fun.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Imo every single book this week slapped. :allears: Some slapped so hard they left dents.

wait I didn't read X-Treme. Well I assume that was good too, maybe.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I just knew you were gonna say that :haw:

Also, sounds like I have to catch up with New Mutants again.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Red and Immortal were very good. Sounds like I have a few issues of New Mutants to catch up on.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The previous arc with Magik, Moonstar, and Maddie in Limbo was quite good too.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Immortal and Red were both incredible.

But New Mutants and even X-Force and Marauders were pretty decent. Good X-Week.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Jesus Christ, Al Ewing, I continue to absolutely and wholeheartedly love you. I saved X-Men Red for the last book I read today and god drat.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
At this point I'm not sure if I'm saying it ironically or not but I don't see how they could make Hank seem like any shittier of a person than now. I can't see what's lower for someone after this point. However, I am an American who saw what didn't happen after Sandy Hook so I realize that I may be numb/blind to some bad poo poo.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Beast is a straight up villain now

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gently caress I can't wait for Storm to body Vulcan and barely use her powers doing it. It's going to be so satisfying.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

"No secrets in a hot tub."

Endless Mike posted:

gently caress I can't wait for Storm to body Vulcan and barely use her powers doing it. It's going to be so satisfying.

Vulcan's gonna prepare to manipulate Storm's lightning and get a knife to the brain instead.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Official list of Omega Mutants:

Jamie Braddock: Reality Manipulation (Quantum)
Robert Drake: Temperature Manipulation (Negative)
Joshua Foley: Biokinesis
Jean Grey: Telepathy/Telekinesis
David Haller: Power Manifestation
Erik Lehnsherr: Magnetism
Kevin MacTaggert: Reality Manipulation (Psionic)
Absalon Mercator: Matter Manipulation
Ororo Munroe: Knife Manipulation
Nathan Summers: Telekinesis
Bennet du Paris: Telekinesis
Quentin Quire: Telepathy
Franklin Richards: Reality Manipulation (Slott)
Gabriel Summers: Talking about fire
Hope Summers: Power Manipulation

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Roberto da Costa: Money

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

danbanana posted:

Official list of Omega Mutants:

Jamie Braddock: Reality Manipulation (Quantum)
Robert Drake: Temperature Manipulation (Negative)
Joshua Foley: Biokinesis
Jean Grey: Telepathy/Telekinesis
David Haller: Power Manifestation
Erik Lehnsherr: Magnetism
Kevin MacTaggert: Reality Manipulation (Psionic)
Absalon Mercator: Matter Manipulation
Ororo Munroe: Knife Manipulation
Nathan Summers: Telekinesis
Bennet du Paris: Telekinesis
Quentin Quire: Telepathy
Franklin Richards: Reality Manipulation (Slott)
Gabriel Summers: Talking about fire
Hope Summers: Power Manipulation

A lot of people whose eyes glow and shoot power blasts.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

josh foley is an omega level "getting shoved in a locker" mutant

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

site posted:

god, immortal today is so good

Immortal was FANTASTIC. Possibly the single best issue so far. All the different attempts, the hilarious update to Dark Beast, just Groundhog Day after Groundhog Day-ing to try and kill everyone, I could not stop laughing my rear end off.

X-Men Red is just pure distilled badass, De Costa figuring poo poo out on his own, calling out bluffs of insane Summers Brothers, only to have the cliffhanger be Ororo vs Vulcan in a house made entirely of metal. That boy is gonna get beat worse than when Tarn did it.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I am continually delighted by how much Al Ewing likes Sunspot, and how much he likes making Sunspot look cool.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

wiegieman posted:

I am continually delighted by how much Al Ewing likes Sunspot, and how much he likes making Sunspot look cool.

There's a lot of stuff I missed in the 2000s, but Hickman was the first person that I remember characterizing Sunspot as an egotistical and highly competent superhero. I feel Ewing just ran with that.

And I'll be honest: I don't love it. He's basically Tony Stark but on the X-Men and with a real drink in his hand. His thing in New Mutants/X-Men was that he was the hot head who never thought things through. Growing up and fixing that problem is fine but I don't really recognize him from what he used to be.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Alaois posted:

josh foley is an omega level "getting shoved in a locker" mutant

Having read every mutant comic I think Josh Foley is the only mutant I unreservedly dislike. Maybe Hybrid the old ROM bad-guy who doesn't talk about anything but raping people but I'm not especially worried about him showing up again anytime soon.

danbanana posted:

There's a lot of stuff I missed in the 2000s, but Hickman was the first person that I remember characterizing Sunspot as an egotistical and highly competent superhero. I feel Ewing just ran with that.

And I'll be honest: I don't love it. He's basically Tony Stark but on the X-Men and with a real drink in his hand. His thing in New Mutants/X-Men was that he was the hot head who never thought things through. Growing up and fixing that problem is fine but I don't really recognize him from what he used to be.

I'll never fault anybody for skipping latter-day Claremont stuff, but Claremont does start to move him in this direction towards the end of the original X-Treme run and in his subsequent return to Uncanny. The difference I guess is that Claremont positions him as dipping a toe into being more of a backrooms deal-maker but not quite good at it yet, whereas Hickman jumps ahead to him being accomplished but glib about his business acumen and Ewing leapfrogs to what's essentially a riff on Most Excellent Superbat. To be clear I adore Ewing's Beto and find Hickman's take on him a little grating, but they're both drawing on groundwork Claremont laid down (and arguably Claremont was just drawing together loose threads from his own NM and Nicieza's early X-Force plotting).

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 8, 2022

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He needs a better space lawyer tho

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

A lot of people whose eyes glow and shoot power blasts.
As omega represents the end, so do omega superheroes represent pulling superpowers out of the rear end.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I keep thinking about that latest issue of Immortal and how good it is. So much is packed into that one issue.

I can't wait for the next one. I really want to see Kate beat the snot out of Sinister and Destiny be smug about winning.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Codependent Poster posted:

and Destiny be smug about winning.

sees sins of sinister starts next month ha ha yeah... tugs collar totally...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I miss Vita Ayala on New Mutants, this new creative team is not working for me.