Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

BaconCopter posted:

There's also a "Boba Fett's Starship" Microfighter but meh

FINALLY.

They've done THREE Falcons since launching that range

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It's holiday time, and frankly there's too many Christmas Trees. Chanukah rise up!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Are the candle holders supposed to look like robot skulls

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

bird with big dick posted:

They're supposed to look like flower bulbs.

But also I'm pretty sure the space Jews were very important to the Butlerian Jihad.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

bird with big dick posted:

The skulls of the defeated Assyrians to celebrate the miracle of when a single small set took 8 days to build

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Can this be the thread mascot?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

FInally got my hands on a Tallneck and I really like this set. The more I build them, the more I favour the "smaller" sets with a smaller footprint, but big enough piece count to make them really detailed without cutting any obvious corners.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

tuo posted:

FInally got my hands on a Tallneck and I really like this set. The more I build them, the more I favour the "smaller" sets with a smaller footprint, but big enough piece count to make them really detailed without cutting any obvious corners.
Yeah I can't see myself ever getting a UCS set but I really like my BD-1 and Probe Droid.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Andor’s absolutely adorable B2EMO seems like a sure fire set at some point.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

After the success of Andor, I do hope we get more sets based on the show. Kind of tempted to go get the one that came out.

If the lead time for new sets is two years or something, then they could be in time for season 2! :v:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Can't remember if we spoke about it already in this thread or the Star Wars thread but given the overtly political tone of Andor it feels much weirder to make Lego sets out of lots of the content - brutal fascist slave labour camp playset, anyone? Mon Mothma's dining room with 3 dictatorship apologist senators? Syril's mum's apartment with exciting parental emotional abuse play features?

Of the whole first series I can see Luthen's Fondor and B2EMO as the most uncontroversial things to Legoify.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Butterfly Valley posted:

Of the whole first series I can see Luthen's Fondor and B2EMO as the most uncontroversial things to Legoify.

Yeah those are the only ones I really expect. Maybe Mon Mothma'ss speeder too

There's other stuff that would work as sets (eg the Narkina quadjumper, Luthen's antique shop, Andor family home) but I think the market wouldn't be there unless it was a very successful main-line movie.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I can pretty much only see the droid as a viable set, tbh. Which I would totally buy as a companion piece to the BD-1 set.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Tarquinn posted:

I can pretty much only see the droid as a viable set, tbh. Which I would totally buy as a companion piece to the BD-1 set.

Ahem.

a sexual elk posted:

Greebled it a bit

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

tuo posted:

I honestly didn't like Horizon all that much, but the Tallneck is one of the best sets of 2022, hands down.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

I stand corrected!

Also, Luthen Rael’s ship.

shookwell
Oct 3, 2004
no fuckin cornflakes

HootTheOwl posted:

It's holiday time, and frankly there's too many Christmas Trees. Chanukah rise up!

Where is this from? Are there instructions? I love it.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Carbohydrates posted:

I honestly didn't like Horizon all that much, but the Tallneck is one of the best sets of 2022, hands down.

Yeah, kinda same. While I got rather far in the first game, though somehow lost interest, I bounced off of Forbidden West...though I guess I'll give it another try now with no Elden Ring sitting next to it on the homescreen. The Lego set is really good, though. I'm really digging the diorama sets.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Tarquinn posted:

I stand corrected!

Also, Luthen Rael’s ship.

With hidden wig compartment!

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

There's already an Ambush on Ferrix set -

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/ambush-on-ferrix-75338

With Luthen, Andor and Syril minifigs!

Some of the action figures have focused on the Aldahni heist and I can see that maybe being toyetic enough for Lego.

But yeah I'm not really anticipating a Dr Gorst torture playset.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hopefully it comes with a tie fighter and spots to hide guns when they do a flyby.. this is an important play feature.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

tuo posted:

Yeah, kinda same. While I got rather far in the first game, though somehow lost interest, I bounced off of Forbidden West...though I guess I'll give it another try now with no Elden Ring sitting next to it on the homescreen. The Lego set is really good, though. I'm really digging the diorama sets.

I'll happily bang the 'Horizon games are derivative and boring stereotypical open world guff' drum all day long, I think I mentioned it before itt when people were discussing the tallneck (which does look like a lovely set) and ruffled a few feathers. Not the thread for it though

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Butterfly Valley posted:

Can't remember if we spoke about it already in this thread or the Star Wars thread but given the overtly political tone of Andor it feels much weirder to make Lego sets out of lots of the content - brutal fascist slave labour camp playset, anyone? Mon Mothma's dining room with 3 dictatorship apologist senators? Syril's mum's apartment with exciting parental emotional abuse play features?

I get what you're saying but that's kind of all Star Wars. There's "fun" playsets of a battlestation that blows up entire planets killing millions in the blink of an eye. For me it's less the content tone and more that they wouldn't be very interesting models.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

shookwell posted:

Where is this from? Are there instructions? I love it.

My desk. Soon. Thank you.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Holy poo poo you guys, my wife has bought me something *big* from the Lego store for my birthday, and I suspect it's either the Colosseum or the Eiffel Tower.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Plot twist, it's 16 of these from clearance in a big box:

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Great thing about Lego is even if that happened, hey, it's a bunch of new bricks for MOCs.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

I nearly bought that triangle pizza marvel ship at £50 in a sale the other day, even though I could use it as a pile of parts, I couldn't bring myself to do it because Eternals was so boring.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Heads up, it's double points weekend again.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lol the foosball set is already at a deep discount

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
When will Lego listen to me and start doing non-Western historical playsets for adults instead of the bad Ideas sets :qq:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

My dad would've been overjoyed since it'd mean more parts for his Bricklink store inventory.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lol the foosball set is already at a deep discount

NEW
EXCLUSIVE
30% OFF

Guess it’s not doing well.

Queer Eye Loft is marked down from $100 to $60 if anyone was interested in that.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
I got to see the foosball in person at the mall and boy is that set not that appealing to look at and it just seems incredibly expensive for what it is.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
My wife and I took it for a spin in the store, and it was real easy to get the ball stuck in the middle of the playing field, which felt like a pretty major miss for the “playability” factor.

I think conceptually it’s still a fun idea, but it’s a very expensive LEGO version of a $20 desk toy that you’d get from the “secret Santa impulse gift” endcap at Target.

Though it probably should have been at the $174.99 price point all along. :ssh:

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Modular might leak tomorrow, who knows. I'm tired of waiting! :(

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

EEKA GEEK posted:

Modular might leak tomorrow, who knows. I'm tired of waiting! :(

Then let us use our imaginations.

Modular bodega with stereotypical Italian American family living in an apartment on the second floor.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Saw a leak of something called Lego Games. Looked like a series of characters in polybags. Wonder if those will go with the Foosball table or if they have something else in the works. A new soccer game or something maybe?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/bricklink/status/1601310315924291587

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Yo Carbs, submit your Old West Trading Post or the Gun Store!
I'd buy either but don't want to have to source the parts myself.