Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
What a legend and an integral part to the show. RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

drat. rip

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Aye Doc posted:

Al Strobel passed away yesterday at 83 years old. rest in peace :(

https://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/al-strobel-1939-2022/

Quoting for the new page. Very sad news. RIP.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Aye Doc posted:

Al Strobel passed away yesterday at 83 years old. rest in peace :(

https://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/al-strobel-1939-2022/
He ruled and this is very sad :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogqah6gc9ww

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Amazing that he was cast for a walk-on extra part, Lynch heard his voice and decided to make him an integral part of the show. I'd heard the story about how "Bob" got cast but never Mike, that's crazy.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Oddly appropriate with respect to the fictional lore of the show. BOB and MIKE are these elemental forces encroaching on normal reality, guiding and disrupting things on a physical and metaphysical level.

Makes sense the production was humming along until these two emerged and changed the show’s entire landscape.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

https://www.instagram.com/p/Clud87yoXND/

Al Strobel was not pleased at the critical reaction to Fire Walk With Me, and he's not wrong.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

David & Dorothy: inside Lynch’s lifelong obsession with ‘The Wizard Of Oz’

quote:

In April, rumours swirled that Lynch would bring a secret new film to the Cannes Film Festival the following month, featuring some regular Lynch players including Laura Dern. He quickly shot down the gossip. “It is not happening,” he told Entertainment Weekly. “I don’t have a project. I have nothing at Cannes. It’s unfortunate. It got built up that people thought, ‘Oh, that’d be nice.’” Well, that’s one way of putting it; the hysteria among Lynch fans (on Twitter, at any rate) was palpable.

“People were so excited,” Dern told NME in September. “I literally got a hundred texts. He’s always cooking. The rumour has partial truth.”

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
reminds of Dern saying "lies harken a truth" or something along those lines in Inland Empire

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Had the chance to finally watch Fire walk with me on a cinema screen and that movie is really something else, especially on a big screen. Sheryl Lee puts in the performance of a lifetime.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Star posted:

Had the chance to finally watch Fire walk with me on a cinema screen and that movie is really something else, especially on a big screen. Sheryl Lee puts in the performance of a lifetime.

I just remember that it shows so much nudity and raunchy poo poo and drug use and then she just gets brutally raped and murdered

it's like the ultimate "yea, gently caress you for letting yourself enjoy this you creep"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
…….what

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I don't recall any nudity? And in that folm grtting off to it at any point would be deeply weird

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

there's a ton of boobs, Laura and Donna and a bunch of ladies in the club

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The club scene definitely has nudity in it. It’s all unsettling though, it’s always meant to be hosed up.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

I just remember that it shows so much nudity and raunchy poo poo and drug use and then she just gets brutally raped and murdered

it's like the ultimate "yea, gently caress you for letting yourself enjoy this you creep"

This is... not how I've ever interpreted the film. The point to me, as it is in the series, is that Laura is a victim of horrible abuse and leading a double life as a result, and if anybody had ever been willing to look past her homecoming-queen facade they could actually have helped her. But nobody did despite many opportunities to do so.

Bird in a Blender posted:

The club scene definitely has nudity in it. It’s all unsettling though, it’s always meant to be hosed up.

Yeah, and Laura flips out and stops everything when she realizes Donna's being taken advantage of. It's Laura realizing how far gone she is, because she does these things and doesn't really think about them, but also that she isn't completely lost, because for all her tough talk to Donna before the club, she is still going to step in and be protective and try to stop her from following any further in Laura's footsteps.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
my hot take is that moira kelly is a better donna than lara flynn boyle

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's true

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Moira was a great pre-trauma Donna and lara Flynn was a great traumatized Donna

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Shocked to see that your opinions about film are as incoherent as your opinions about everything else

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Laterite posted:

my hot take is that moira kelly is a better donna than lara flynn boyle

definitely. Mandy had a very promiscuous past life...

also lmbo @ making up all of this backstory about Donna that wasn't ever present in the show.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

disaster pastor posted:

This is... not how I've ever interpreted the film. The point to me, as it is in the series, is that Laura is a victim of horrible abuse and leading a double life as a result, and if anybody had ever been willing to look past her homecoming-queen facade they could actually have helped her. But nobody did despite many opportunities to do so.

Yeah, and Laura flips out and stops everything when she realizes Donna's being taken advantage of. It's Laura realizing how far gone she is, because she does these things and doesn't really think about them, but also that she isn't completely lost, because for all her tough talk to Donna before the club, she is still going to step in and be protective and try to stop her from following any further in Laura's footsteps.

I was constantly speculating what the folks thought who went into the theater and watched this film without ever having seeing the TV show. It would have been pretty wild.

Having not been in that category, the entire time I'm like "surely they aren't going to show her getting raped and murdered... surely." And then it happened and was loving way worse than I could have ever imagined.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Tarnop posted:

Shocked to see that your opinions about film are as incoherent as your opinions about everything else

"I don't even know who you are"

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Laura laughing in the red room at the end always gets me. Sheryl Lee conveys so much without saying a word. It’s incredible.

And then S3 undoes that catharsis, thanks Coop you meddling idiot

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

HD DAD posted:

Laura laughing in the red room at the end always gets me. Sheryl Lee conveys so much without saying a word. It’s incredible.

And then S3 undoes that catharsis, thanks Coop you meddling idiot

to be clear, i'm not sure that anyone knows what the gently caress happened at the end of season 3

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Coop hosed it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Coop absolutely hosed it

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

No Dignity posted:

Coop hosed it

I think this might be the only thing I know happened at the end

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

But he'll keep trying to do it right, even if he never succeeds :shobon:

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Dr. Sam Beckett Dale Cooper never returned home.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/TomiLaffly/status/1602035505889148928

great story here about David Lynch getting cast in The Fabelmans; following off of that NME article from the other day, when Spielberg asked David to be in the movie, he said he was "busy with other projects." they were shooting Fabelmans during the 2nd half of 2021. gonna continue beating that secret twin peaks season 4 drum as loud and hard as I can folks. David Lynch on his weather report yesterday said he's going to the dining car, to WORK, on a computer. you know what else they did on a computer?? that's right - twin peaks

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/hering_david/status/1602400979483344898

Oh Angelo :smith:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

oh gently caress that sucks

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Well that is truly sad. Such a legend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-eqgr_gn4k&t=7s

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:rip:

The music in Twin Peaks is so loving good.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Ouch. That sucks. Angelo was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

God drat that really hits me hard RIP