Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

We live in a spy movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Alexey__Kovalev/status/1600243674725564417

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy

Slava Utini!

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Bet a lot of people are going to be pissed they traded an arms dealer for an WNBA player.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1600841239821254656?s=46&t=3YW59LPar8G3_6Oq_0112Q

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

So Russia IS out of guns

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Southpaugh posted:

We live in a spy movie.

lol I've posted about this before but I dated a spy and she was an influencer. I don't know if that was part of her job or just who PMC strivers are now, but lol the old days are not coming back, everything is going to be dumber.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
wow, spy girlfriend & cato wife? lol

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Okay, but where are the tinker and the tailor?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

fits my needs posted:

wow, spy girlfriend & cato wife? lol

lol I mean she was probably a collator or analyst. Some guys just get lucky, what can I say?

Ardennes posted:

Okay, but where are the twink and the sailer?

Alas

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I think the only people that care are the get woke go broke types. Haven't seen anyone else mention it besides turbo patriots laughing at it.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/1600860592880996353?s=20&t=dXfn18f6_19neEZ7I2740w

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/lilsamsquanch66/status/1600853319635046401?t=cp89sKf54FhfsIl8mWwxFA&s=19

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

It seems like a bad deal to me, but if you view her as having been as much a hostage as a prisoner, it's not even close to being the worst hostage deal in American history.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

American prisons for Americans

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
that's good news. brittney is free :)

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Lmao

He don't miss.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

lol I've posted about this before but I dated a spy and she was an influencer. I don't know if that was part of her job or just who PMC strivers are now, but lol the old days are not coming back, everything is going to be dumber.

hahaha the only Feeb I’ve ever known personally—like we’d recognize each other in a crowd, we’ve played video games together, we’ve talked about personal issues—is also an influencer, albeit pretty small time. great person with very bad political beliefs

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/goodmanw/status/1600846387188375552?s=46&t=QyJS0qA1LXldj2IuUi0bNA

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Raccooon posted:

Bet a lot of people are going to be pissed they traded an arms dealer for an WNBA player.

What were his stats?

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again
I've seen thIs HoC ep, Griner is coming home in a body bag to stand up to the oppression and hold Putin account.

Oh she's gonna read the statement.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Majorian posted:

The Last Jedi was a good movie.:hai:

drat right. probably the second best in the whole 9 movie main run.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Butina worked for the NRA in 2016 lmao

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

The Last Jedi was a good movie.:hai:

euphronius posted:

drat right. probably the second best in the whole 9 movie main run.

this is star war crime denial

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Политика Страны posted:

Secretary of the Chernihiv City Council Alexander Lomako told "Strana" that today the deputies of the City Council gathered for an extraordinary meeting on the situation with Chernihiv Mayor Vladislav Atroshenko.

We shall remind you that earlier it became known that the Lviv court by its decision removed Atroshenko from office for one year.

"Today the deputies gathered for an extraordinary meeting of the City Council. The deputies addressed the President of Ukraine, as the guarantor of the Constitution, with a very simple appeal. Its essence is that not only the Ukrainian, but also the international community will observe the course of the case in the Court of Appeal. Fair and unbiased consideration of the case is a matter of honor for Ukrainian democracy and the perception of our country by international partners, whose support is essential to victory. Therefore, the request is very simple: during the consideration of the appeal, give a command to your subordinates or someone there at Bankova responsible for cooperation with the courts, not to put pressure on the court," Lomako said.

According to him, if you look into the case without political pressure, it's very funny.

"The mayor's driver drove the personal car of the wife of the mayor abroad - the court sees this as a conflict of interest. Maybe. But it is certainly not a reason to dismiss the mayor, who was elected by 80% of the citizens. During a war in a border town, when you have to demonstrate the unity of central and local government. That is certainly not unity. Not a single person in Ukraine will believe that the judge of the Lviv court made a decision without political pressure, because it is nothing from the legal point of view. And from the human point of view - it is a spit in the face of Chernihiv residents. And in general, if we start to look into the issues of who, how and on what basis took the family out and what decisions were taken at the beginning of the war, and whether they were all legal - we won't get far," said Alexander Lomako.

He added that the townspeople took the court's decision extremely negatively.

"The mayor has a lot of support and everyone has seen what he did at the beginning of the war and how he is working now to rebuild the city. It's hard to know why, for what offense, and whether that's reason enough to strip the city of its legally elected mayor," Lomako said.
(from t.me/stranaua/79349, via tgsa)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
TLJ may well be the best of the post-OT films (not a very high bar) but is still worse than any of the prequel trilogy

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

TLJ may well be the best of the post-OT films (not a very high bar) but is still worse than any of the prequel trilogy

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

gradenko_2000 posted:

That's correct, shocking how many simply cannot see the truth.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

yeah and Obi Wan was the best TV series

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

OhFunny posted:

Brittney Griner freed in 1-for-1 prisoner swap for Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout.

Other media outlets say the two are on planes home to their respective countries now.

lord of war should have ended this way lol

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Raccooon posted:

Better a WNBA player than an unrehabilitated Nazi, but chalk that up to my own personal preference.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Southpaugh posted:

We live in a spy movie.

Cold War's back baybee!!!

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lord of war should have ended this way lol

Brittany Griner in a Russian prison explaining to the KGB agent about how there will be a knock at the door

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Someone should tell Putin that he can win by saving what he loves

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

OhFunny posted:

On the topic of pipelines and refined fuel. The Global Times reports a Key project of China-Russia east-route natural gas pipeline is completed.

(Note: China–Russia East-Route Natural Gas pipeline is what the Chinese call the Power of Siberia pipeline or at least the section that's in China and not Russia.)

Anyway the under-river tunnel for the natural gas pipeline across the Yangtze River is done after 28 months of building and will allow the delivery of Russian gas to Shanghai when the project is complete. The northern and middle sections of this project were brought online in 2017 and 2020 respectively. The southern section is expected to come online in 2025.

Tai’an-Taixing part of China-Russia east route pipeline enters operation

In addition to the quoted post about construction toward Shanghai. The pipeline is now operational for the delivery of natural gas to Taixing. SCMP notes construction was completed six months ahead of schedule.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
So is Paul Whelan really a spy or what? Serious question

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Yes

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Estonia joined Latvia and Lithuania in taking Dozhd TV off the air today after one of its employees talked about assisting Russian soldiers.

Dozhd TV exited Russia earlier this year and was designated a foreign agent in 2021 by Russia.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Imo the dishonorably discharged marine cop chud can sit in jail and think about what he did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think more us marines should be in russian prisons