Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Android Apocalypse posted:

Neill Blomkamp's movies are IIMM's as IMO they got some good premises & need about another round of editing in the story to clean it up.

I also buy into the theory that Peter Jackson did more than just produce District 9 for him.

Neil Blomkamp's movies perfectly capture the feeling of golden age of Sci Fi short stories a la your Phillips K. Dick, or your Kurts Vonnegut.

"I got an idea! Here's 13 pages! I got another idea! Here's 16 more pages! No, I will no revisit any of these!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Poldarn posted:

Neil Blomkamp's movies perfectly capture the feeling of golden age of Sci Fi short stories a la your Phillips K. Dick, or your Kurts Vonnegut.

"I got an idea! Here's 13 pages! I got another idea! Here's 16 more pages! No, I will no revisit any of these!"

Sure yeah, but he completely wasted Sigourney Weaver's talent in Chappie with his lovely dialogue and characterization.

Wish she'd taken a hard pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqg8ntRrOW8

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Morpheus posted:

Actually one minor thing that bugs me about those movies, do they ever show what the monsters actually do to the people they attack? Like, I guess the assumption is that they tear them apart or eat them or something, and the movie doesn't want to get a mature rating by showing people getting torn apart, but still, everyone always gets killed the same way: a blur from off-screen slams into them, pushing them off-screen.

See also poo poo like in Marvel movies (the original Avengers was particularly egregious) where 'cars flying through the air/exploding' was shorthand for 'mass civilian casualties that we can't show in any more detail because ratings' but it was used so much that it's downright distracting.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Breetai posted:

See also poo poo like in Marvel movies (the original Avengers was particularly egregious) where 'cars flying through the air/exploding' was shorthand for 'mass civilian casualties that we can't show in any more detail because ratings' but it was used so much that it's downright distracting.

One of the most egregious examples of Avengers being psychopaths and war criminals is in Iron Man 2, where Iron Man is being pursued by like two hundred lesser-iron-mans. They have machine guns and missiles, and they can fly. How does Iron Man evade them? He uses the city, buildings, vehicles, houses, offices, homes as cover so those objects absorb the onslaught of bullets and missiles and bombs. There wasn't a single moment of "gosh how I can make sure the people of this city are okay?" No, it's just, gently caress I'm being chased, well what are you gonna do! In that scene alone Iron Man is responsible for thousands of civilian deaths.

And while I remember the plot of Iron Man 2 having to do with the whip dude and the other guy making iron mans, I can't remember what their overarching goal is, but I wager whatever it is is a better compromise than mass civilian death. If you were a real hero, Iron Man, you would have taken your helmet off and executed yourself.

On the subject of Marvel movies, just an observation that many Marvel movie villains are just evil versions of the Marvel hero, to some degree. I think each of the Iron Man movies is about Iron Man fighting other Iron Mans, usually mass-produced and not as good, except in the first one which was just a bulkier Iron Man. The Hulk fights other Hulks. Superman fights other Supermans. Thor fights other Norse gods. X-Men are usually just fighting Evil X-Men. I guess Batman and Spiderman have a lot of variety in their villains.

And one more thing, since I'm watching Bullet Train.

The heart is slightly left-of-center. If you get stabbed in the nipple your heart does not die.

credburn has a new favorite as of 23:04 on Dec 7, 2022

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Breetai posted:

I remember watching the first episode of Invincible without quite knowing what it was about yet and at one point thinking "The people in that car totally died lol". Then halfway through the second episode I remembered that and realised oh poo poo they actually did.

So kind of the opposite of an IIMM.

e: not much of a spoiler but still I should put the tags there

Splicer has a new favorite as of 22:43 on Dec 7, 2022

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

credburn posted:

One of the most egregious examples of Avengers being psychopaths and war criminals is in Iron Man 2, where Iron Man is being pursued by like two hundred lesser-iron-mans. They have machine guns and missiles, and they can fly. How does Iron Man evade them? He uses the city, buildings, vehicles, houses, offices, homes as cover so those objects absorb the onslaught of bullets and missiles and bombs. There wasn't a single moment of "gosh how I can make sure the people of this city are okay?" No, it's just, gently caress I'm being chased, well what are you gonna do! In that scene alone Iron Man is responsible for thousands of civilian deaths.

And while I remember the plot of Iron Man 2 having to do with the whip dude and the other guy making iron mans, I can't remember what their overarching goal is, but I wager whatever it is is a better compromise than mass civilian death. If you were a real hero, Iron Man, you would have taken your helmet off and executed yourself.

IIRC Hammer wants to develop his own version of the Iron man stuff so he can mass produce it and sell it to the US Military, and Mickey Rourke wants to do that but with drones instead and also murder Tony Stark. Mostly the murder, but he's real insistent that drones are the way to go.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yeah Invincible and The Boys revel in showing the catastrophic consequences of superheroes on civilians. The sequence from the former where Mark is basically used as a wall to gruesomely smash subway riders into while he screams in horror is downright haunting.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

credburn posted:

On the subject of Marvel movies, just an observation that many Marvel movie villains are just evil versions of the Marvel hero, to some degree.

Obligatory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zPEtyAsM94 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaNWFHLy2NI

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
There's a near-straight line of flying cars denoting massive destruction in Independence Day to what we saw in Marvel movies.

Killmonger was probably the best MCU villain and having him show up in Shuri's Heart-Shaped Herb :catdrugs: trip was probably the best part of Wakanda Forever

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

At least with Independence Day it was all practical effects and also Independence Day owns.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Someone (maybe even here) described superhero movies as marvel having the interesting heroes, DC has the interesting villains. Feels pretty accurate though the extended marvel universe of movies is out of control now

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Well, Batman has the interesting villains.

I think one thing the MCU has suffered from is that some of Marvel's best villains were originally with Sony or Fox, and only recently got picked up by Disney. So no Doctor Doom, no Galactus, and no Magneto; and they couldn't top Willem Dafoe as Green Goblin or Alfred Molina as Doc Ock so they just brought them back.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
gently caress I miss District 9. I want a sequel to that, seriously.

There was some IIMM there though: I can't imagine every other country just letting South Africa have all the prawns. There'd be some heavy loving bribes because every country would want some, especially ones like Christopher.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Man, the end of The Untouchables.

First, they find out the jury's been bribed. So right before the jury's supposed to read their decision, the judge orders the bailiff to swap juries between his jury and another judge sitting in a divorce case before another judge in another courtroom. No mistrial or anything, just take two seated juries and switch them, and apparently they'll each just decide the outcome of the trial without having to go through the whole thing all over again. Even beyond that, Capone is on trial for *Federal tax evasion*, there aren't going to be any divorce cases being heard in this courthouse. In reality, the judge switched *jury pools* before juries were selected, but in this movie there's already been testimony given.

Second, upon finding out that the bribed jury is going to be switched with an unbribed jury, Capone tells his lawyer to "do something," at which point his lawyer, instead of calling for a mistrial, says "I'm switching my client's not-guilty plea to guilty," and Capone punches him and starts blathering about "Is that justice, your honor?" Like somehow his lawyer's plea of guilty, entered without consultation or consent of his client, is binding on him and he has to go to jail now.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

That Italian Guy posted:

- the Machines civil war, with some of them siding with the humans between Matrix 3 and Resurrections.
"There was a ton of way cooler poo poo we could have made a film about instead of rehashing Neo & Trinity's story" was the entire point of Matrix Resurrections to be fair.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
Naruto Episode 165: The Episode is Titled "The Death of Naruto", but he does not die, he just disguises himself as a ghost.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

credburn posted:

On the subject of Marvel movies, just an observation that many Marvel movie villains are just evil versions of the Marvel hero, to some degree.
I saw a nice video the other day talking about the goals of Marvel Heroes and Villains. Heroes never use their powers to change the world for the better (although sometimes they use their brains/wealth as their civil identity for one off acts of charity). They only react to crisis, they are not proactive...they defend the current world as it is, injustices and all - the status quo is the best possible world there is.

Villains are the ones who want to alter the status quo instead, to the point that for some of them (Killmonger in Black Panther, the Flag Smashers in Falcon & Winter Soldier, etc) the writers have to go out of their way to make them do something terrible at a certain point, or they would be waaay too sympathetic. Even when you consider the less obvious ones, a ton of them are "underdog mistreated by Tony Stark" (arguably every Iron Man villain aside from the 1st one, Vulture, Mysterio, etc). Even supernatural enemies could be the good guy in a different movie (The God Butcher) or seem to be moved by their desire to improve the world (even Thanos, allegedly).

The only time the Avengers use their powers to change society for good, they end up creating Ultron. Change = Bad is a big theme in the MCU.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpitmEnaYeU

That Italian Guy has a new favorite as of 10:31 on Dec 8, 2022

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

That Italian Guy posted:

I saw a nice video the other day talking about the goals of Marvel Heroes and Villains. Heroes never use their powers to change the world for the better (although sometimes they use their brains/wealth as their civil identity for one off acts of charity). They only react to crisis, they are not proactive...they defend the current world as it is, injustices and all - the status quo is the best possible world there is.

Villains are the ones who want to alter the status quo instead, to the point that for some of them (Killmonger in Black Panther, the Flag Smashers in Falcon & Winter Soldier, etc) the writers have to go out of their way to make them do something terrible at a certain point, or they would be waaay too sympathetic. Even when you consider the less obvious ones, a ton of them are "underdog mistreated by Tony Stark" (arguably every Iron Man villain aside from the 1st one, Vulture, Mysterio, etc). Even supernatural enemies could be the good guy in a different movie (The God Butcher) or seem to be moved by their desire to improve the world (even Thanos, allegedly).

The only time the Avengers use their powers to change society for good, they end up creating Ultron. Change = Bad is a big theme in the MCU.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpitmEnaYeU

The Flag Smashers and Falcon & Winter Soldier in general really cements what's wrong with the MCU, because they take an interesting idea and absolutely fumble it. A world that got used to having half the population (and as a result "nationality" as a concept kind of faded to the background) is suddenly innundated with what amounts to four billion refugees, how does the world DEAL with that? Turns out that Falcon says "Hey maybe both sides have a point". That's it, that's the conclusion of Falcon & Winter Soldier.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

credburn posted:

On the subject of Marvel movies, just an observation that many Marvel movie villains are just evil versions of the Marvel hero, to some degree. I think each of the Iron Man movies is about Iron Man fighting other Iron Mans, usually mass-produced and not as good, except in the first one which was just a bulkier Iron Man. The Hulk fights other Hulks. Superman fights other Supermans. Thor fights other Norse gods. X-Men are usually just fighting Evil X-Men. I guess Batman and Spiderman have a lot of variety in their villains.

A ton of superhero movies did this despite the comics mixing it up, Superman in particular where either it's a ludicrously one-sided fight with Lex Luthor who has nothing of what makes him actually intimidating or interesting in the comics, or Zod.

I think it's because Hollywood has a weird thing where they seem incredibly averse to introducing more than exactly one source of supernatural/superpowered/super-science stuff at once, so everything has to come from the same place; Captain America has to fight other super-soldiers, an alien from Krypton or Asgard has to fight other aliens from Krypton or Asgard, wizards have to fight other wizards, probably because they're dumb as hell and think audiences will get 'confused'. The MCU had to cheat by having explicit 'crossover' movies to get away with it.

Spider-man and Batman I think it's more a mix of legacy, where the most interesting and iconic villains have thematic similarities but come from different places, and in the former case especially are specifically a one-off, there's no comics history of the radioactive spider biting a bunch of other people or whatever. (not counting Spider-verse)

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Having watched the new Dune movie, I would like to talk about something both movies gently caress up completely: The scene where Shadout Mapes gives the crysknife to Jessica (available as a deleted scene in the Lynch movie).

(Book spoilers)
The point of this scene is that the crysknife is sacred, and any outsider who sees one must be cleansed or die. Jessica's life is at stake unless she can prove that she is truly the prophesied mother of the Lisan al Gaib, who is expected to know the deal with the crysknife. Unfortunately, Jessica has no idea what the deal is with crysknives and was planning to bluff her way through by mumbling some platitudes about how a knife is a "maker of death". However, when she gets to the word "maker", Mapes freaks out because a crysknife is actually the tooth of a sandworm, which the Fremen calls The Maker since its lifecycle produces the spice.

Through effective use of tone and body language, Jessica manages to convince Mapes that she knows the secrets of the Fremen, without actually saying anything more than stuff like "HaHa, did you think I didn't know about The Maker? Of course I know about The Maker!!!" (paraphrased).

This is one my favorites scenes from the book since it shows that the Bene Gesserit aren't telepaths but more like extremely skilled cold readers. Therefore, I am irrationally annoyed that none of the movies get it right.

The movie:
Mapes: Here is a crysknife.
Jessica: It is a maker.
Mapes: AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH.

Maybe I am giving the viewer too little credit, but did any of you non-book readers have any idea what the point was here? I realize that they don't want a lot of inner monologue, but they could have had characters discussing the scene later or something.

The new movie also has a guard watching the whole thing, so I guess that guy is dead now. The scene is supposed to happen during a private moment. At least they actually had Jessica use the word "maker" this time around. The Lynch movie couldn't even get that right.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

credburn posted:

This is just how it is in the comics. Each Marvel hero's villains are their dark antithesis in some way. Most of Spidey's rogues gallery is animal themed apart from Kraven, who hunts animals, and the Goblin who like Peter got his powers from science gone wrong. The Fantastic Four were physically altered because of Reed's hubris; their chief adversary is Doom, who was maimed by his own hubris. Tony Stark has the world's most advanced technology at his fingertips and runs a global enterprise; his adversary is the Mandarin, who runs a global crime syndicate and literally has advanced technology at his fingertips in the form of the Ten Rings. Cap is a World War 2 supersoldier and so is the Red Skull. And so on.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

christmas boots posted:

IIRC Hammer wants to develop his own version of the Iron man stuff so he can mass produce it and sell it to the US Military, and Mickey Rourke wants to do that but with drones instead and also murder Tony Stark. Mostly the murder, but he's real insistent that drones are the way to go.

Vanko insists on drones because he plans to remote control them to murder Iron Man. I guess he could also do that with suits because he managed it with War Machine too, but all the screaming from the pilots would have gotten distracting.

Also, to the op IIMM: That dumb drone battle took place at a science fair so very few of those buildings were occupied after the evacuation of the visitors.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

But still in the comics Doctor Doom is literally a wizard and a dictator in addition to being an arrogant super scientist.

They usually avoid that aspects in the movie adaptations and in the 2000s one at least they have Dooms power be a result of the same event as the Four and not just be an old colleague and rival of Reed's who also happens to have his own country and know magic.

I'm guessing that sort of thing is part of a desire to neatly tie everything together which is antihetical to the comics approach where decades of serialised story telling by dozens has resulted in worlds where various different fantastical things clash together.

Like Spiderman has met Dracula a couple of times. Including one time when he bumped into him on a cruise while they were both on their own unrelated adventures and neither of them really noticed the other.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

FreudianSlippers posted:

But still in the comics Doctor Doom is literally a wizard and a dictator in addition to being an arrogant super scientist.

Exactly. The point of Doom, as with all the others, is that he's what Reed might have been. For all his ego and arrogance Doom really is the preeminent man of his time - statesman, sorcerer and scientist in equal measure. What holds him back is his refusal to accept that he made a mistake once. Reed knows what he did, and that it hurt someone he loved. Without that knowledge he becomes Doom himself.

In fact, I hope that's where they plan to go with the FF MCU movie. The multiverse is set up already, and it would be a truly great fakeout to present a cowled and masked man calling himself Doom and have it turn out to be a parallel universe Reed Richards.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jedit posted:

Exactly. The point of Doom, as with all the others, is that he's what Reed might have been. For all his ego and arrogance Doom really is the preeminent man of his time - statesman, sorcerer and scientist in equal measure. What holds him back is his refusal to accept that he made a mistake once. Reed knows what he did, and that it hurt someone he loved. Without that knowledge he becomes Doom himself.

In fact, I hope that's where they plan to go with the FF MCU movie. The multiverse is set up already, and it would be a truly great fakeout to present a cowled and masked man calling himself Doom and have it turn out to be a parallel universe Reed Richards.

I mean they pretty much do that, it's a running gag in the comics that literally every alternate universe Reed Richards ends up going evil.

It's also funny because after a point Reed and Doom are basically friends again to a point where you can really see where Venture Bros got the ideas from, he literally babysits one of their kids. And indeed, Doom is a powerful and interesting figure because he's able to match a lot of prominent figures on their own terms- not only Reed but his power armour, magic and national prestige is not far behind Tony Stark, Stephen Strange and T'Challa. (Black Panther was indeed initially introduced as a good counterpart to Doom)

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Fil5000 posted:

The Flag Smashers and Falcon & Winter Soldier in general really cements what's wrong with the MCU, because they take an interesting idea and absolutely fumble it. A world that got used to having half the population (and as a result "nationality" as a concept kind of faded to the background) is suddenly innundated with what amounts to four billion refugees, how does the world DEAL with that? Turns out that Falcon says "Hey maybe both sides have a point". That's it, that's the conclusion of Falcon & Winter Soldier.

The very worst iteration of this is Luke Cage, because he’s the only bulletproof black man in the world and all his enemies are black. The message of the entire show can very easily be read as ‘black people are their own worst enemy’.

Really, he should be showing up at klan meetings and police stations and beating the piss out of everyone he can find.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Fil5000 posted:

Tony Stark invents a virtually limitless and almost free power source and instead of using it to, say, desalinate enough water to irrigate the Sahara he keeps it for himself as a weapon. Oh, eventually he uses it to power his corporate HQ, but Obadiah Stane is *not* the villain in the first movie.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Phanatic posted:

Tony Stark invents a virtually limitless and almost free power source and instead of using it to, say, desalinate enough water to irrigate the Sahara
That would be monstrous.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Pilchenstein posted:

"There was a ton of way cooler poo poo we could have made a film about instead of rehashing Neo & Trinity's story" was the entire point of Matrix Resurrections to be fair.
I get that there was studio fuckery involved, but man Matrix 4 was so bad. I wasn't even expecting much; I figured it would have a dumb story but cool action, and it couldn't even manage the second part!

Jedit posted:

Fantastic Four is impressive for being a comic that should be really easy to make a decent movie out of (widely known, easy to explain background, lots that you can do with the titular four, good cast of antagonists to pull from) and yet they've somehow managed to gently caress up starting the franchise twice.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Fantastic Four is such a weird & off-the-wall premise that I think only now with superhero movies becoming the mainstream action genre can a new one thrive.

Which is funny when you think that the original comics had the Fantastic Four as one of the first superhero comics of the Silver Age.

My only hope is the new Fantastic Four movie captures the wonder the original comics had. At this point my concern is it will literally have to be Avatar-level in terms of doing something that can have the audience go :aaaaa:.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Splicer posted:

That would be monstrous.

Yeah, you desalinate the Sahara suddenly the ecosystems that keep the Amazon alive break.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Zero_Grade posted:

Fantastic Four is impressive for being a comic that should be really easy to make a decent movie out of (widely known, easy to explain background, lots that you can do with the titular four, good cast of antagonists to pull from) and yet they've somehow managed to gently caress up starting the franchise twice.

Three times

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Zero_Grade posted:

I figured it would have a dumb story but cool action, and it couldn't even manage the second part!
Yeah, that was the point and why it was good actually :v:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Zero_Grade posted:

I get that there was studio fuckery involved, but man Matrix 4 was so bad. I wasn't even expecting much; I figured it would have a dumb story but cool action, and it couldn't even manage the second part!

Becayse they refuse to just make the fantastic four. They keep trying to be clever about it and in doing so loving up the formula and also doctor doom.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Splicer posted:

That would be monstrous.

you could still create well managed farmlands in/around the sahara without turning the entire thing into wetlands.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

If irrigation isn’t your thing you could move humanity to carbon-neutrality virtually overnight. Make synthetic hydrocarbons from atmospheric CO2 and hydrogen cracked from seawater. Tony has no interest in this whatsoever, he’d rather fly to random remote villages that he just heard about on the news and eliminate the local bullies and then fly away confident that he’s fixed the problem.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Captain Monkey posted:

you could still create well managed farmlands in/around the sahara without turning the entire thing into wetlands.
The Sahara is about the size of the US and contains multiple subtle ecosystems please do not turn chunks of it into farms because films only show the dunes. Just because people aren't using a thing doesn't mean it's not doing something.

Also desalination doesn't magically get rid of the salt you need to put it somewhere and most places don't want any/any more salt.

Splicer has a new favorite as of 18:07 on Dec 8, 2022

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Just send it into space.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Put it on chips :yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Android Apocalypse posted:

Fantastic Four is such a weird & off-the-wall premise that I think only now with superhero movies becoming the mainstream action genre can a new one thrive.

Which is funny when you think that the original comics had the Fantastic Four as one of the first superhero comics of the Silver Age.

My only hope is the new Fantastic Four movie captures the wonder the original comics had. At this point my concern is it will literally have to be Avatar-level in terms of doing something that can have the audience go :aaaaa:.

James cameron’s Fantastic four

3D glasses for Mr.fantastic stretching through the screen and bits where sue goes invisible

Big led screens on the theatre walls for flame effects

And uhhhm wtf would the Thing have? A really good surround sound for noisy poo poo?