Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Cavauro posted:

i think they made a huge mistake during exploratory surgery and tore von miller's acl.

They accidentally flipped the switch from "ACL stay on" to "ACL fall off". Could happen to anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Asproigerosis posted:

told y'all he'd be fine and everyone was acting like he was loving murdered. It's like I've always said, it's literally impossible to even begin to make diagnostic or prognostic evaluations before at least 2 mri's.

Wow, way to ruin David Chao's entire twitter account

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cthulu Carl posted:

They accidentally flipped the switch from "ACL stay on" to "ACL fall off". Could happen to anyone.

The Far Side still out here influencing humor

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

About time.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1600877072578404353

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There's still a chance

All we need just this weekend are:

Browns > Bengals
Broncos > Chiefs
Cardinals > Patriots
Chargers > Dolphins
Jaguars > Titans
Jets > Bills
Steelers > Ravens

and we're on the path!

Kalli fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 8, 2022

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cavauro posted:

i think they made a huge mistake during exploratory surgery and tore von miller's acl.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Heck yeah, hope he does some good things.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Finally. He can't be worse. I mean, Mariota has thrown late interceptions on potential comeback drives in the last two weeks. Ridder looked good during preseason. Give the kid a chance.

Though I won't believe the Falcons are 100% committed to better decisions until they dump Feleipe Franks.

Not, he's not a backup QB anymore. He's a tight end-in-training. And every time they let him do anything, he screws it up. Last week, Franks got a holding call to wipe out a big gain and he couldn't have been on the field more than 5 plays. There's no point in this confersion since the Falcons have a bunch of other guys, there a bunch of other guys still out there and colleges are producing even more actual tightt ends each year.

Unless Franks' goal is to suck sobad that he gets paid to do nothing. If that's the case, I salute him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kalli posted:

There's still a chance

Browns > Bengals
Broncos > Chiefs
Cardinals > Patriots
Chargers > Dolphins
Jaguars > Titans
Jets > Bills
Steelers > Ravens

and we're on the path!

The NFC looks glorious.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

The NFC looks glorious.

It's absolutely absurd the number of things that have to happen to get this result.

The last game I had to change to get it was Football Team over the Browns to tip Strength of victory enough to get the Jags over the Pats.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Barnwell re-drafts 2020 and it goes Burrow, Hurts, Tua, Herbert.

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1600873459411668992

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

Browns > Bengals
Broncos > Chiefs
Cardinals > Patriots
Chargers > Dolphins
Jaguars > Titans
Jets > Bills
Steelers > Ravens

and we're on the path!

Hey a lot of these seem plausible!

Broncos > Chiefs

...oh

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Diva Cupcake posted:

Barnwell re-drafts 2020 and it goes Burrow, Hurts, Tua, Herbert.

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1600873459411668992

He woke up and decided he wanted to create chaos, huh

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I wonder what Herbert would look like if he had Hill and Waddle to throw to and McDaniel instead of Staley... hmm...

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

That's more a testament to how absurdly stacked that QB class was than it is a referendum on Tua.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/TishaESPN/status/1600904122026295296

quote:

Among key revelations in the committee report and transcripts:

During his deposition, Snyder told investigators, "I've said numerous times, and continue to state, we apologize for any workplace misconduct of the team." But the investigators note that Snyder "continued to blame others around him and minimized the experiences of more than 100 current and former employees."

Under oath, Snyder "admitted to using private investigators," the report says, but Snyder claimed to be "unaware" whom his investigators approached and did not "remember" having conversations with his counsel about the individuals targeted. "Mr. Snyder could recall very little when questioned about allegations of misconduct against him, including specific allegations raised in recent press stories," investigators note.

In his testimony, Allen recounted his encounter with a private investigator Snyder hired to follow him, and he also swore that Snyder once talked with him about hiring a private eye to follow NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

While the NFL appeared on the surface to have cooperated with committee requests for documents, much of what the league provided was "news articles, press clippings, and public court records." Investigators said the league "refused to turn over" at least 40,000 documents collected by Wilkinson during the league's internal investigation, including Wilkinson's written findings presented to the NFL during her investigation.

Despite claims by Snyder's attorneys that the team released former employees from restrictions placed on them by non-disclosure agreements, "a significant number of potential witnesses" were unable to share their experiences with investigators either out of fear of retaliation or because Snyder and the Commanders declined would not release them from their "confidentiality obligations."

Allen testified that an NFL executive indicated to him that the Commanders were behind the leak of racist and misogynistic emails linked to former Las Vegas Raiders coach Jon Gruden.

Read the section on the use of private investigators.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 8, 2022

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

fsif posted:

That's more a testament to how absurdly stacked that QB class was than it is a referendum on Tua.

Yeah. I would personally go Burrow Herbie Tua Hurts, but that's almost more ranked on ability to cope with a crap team/system than any assessment of their ceiling or talent

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I wonder what Herbert would look like if he had Hill and Waddle to throw to and McDaniel instead of Staley... hmm...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I remember lots of people here saying Snyder was probably behind the gruden leaks.

Lmao I hope he did put that private investigator on goodell.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

quote:

Allen testified that an NFL executive indicated to him that the Commanders were behind the leak of racist and misogynistic emails linked to former Las Vegas Raiders coach Jon Gruden.

…why? As a diversion tactic?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

tarbrush posted:

Yeah. I would personally go Burrow Herbie Tua Hurts, but that's almost more ranked on ability to cope with a crap team/system than any assessment of their ceiling or talent

It's a stupidly good class that we haven't seen since 2004

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

…why? As a diversion tactic?

Part of Snyder's attempts at deflecting blame from himself onto Allen, as the emails were between the two of them. Allen and Gruden worked together on the Raiders back in the 2000's.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

NFL Week 14 GDT: This way for laffs!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Part of Snyder's attempts at deflecting blame from himself onto Allen, as the emails were between the two of them. Allen and Gruden worked together on the Raiders back in the 2000's.

Also to let the other owners know he had their emails, probably jerry Jones specifically.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
"Look you knew this organization was abusive trash already" is one helluva PR defense

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1600922215662637056

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

FizFashizzle posted:

Also to let the other owners know he had their emails, probably jerry Jones specifically.

Breer was saying he purposely files lawsuits to subpeona email records to try and find dirt on people

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/StevenIHaglund/status/1600893064213843968?t=Yfc3aFEGoJeg8WK1o7oncA&s=19

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Man I can't wait for tonight's game, which is... Rams-Raiders. God loving drat it.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If Baker starts I can talk myself into it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

fsif posted:

If Baker starts I can talk myself into it.

I really don't think an NFL team would pick up a QB on Tuesday and start him Thursday

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jets look like they have the inside track, and of the other three it looks like the Chargers are most likely to get 3 more wins.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

a neat cape posted:

I really don't think an NFL team would pick up a QB on Tuesday and start him Thursday

I wouldn't have either but Schefter is floating it as a possibility.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1600870440070971392

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

a neat cape posted:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1600811174567608321?t=YLrCQ9G00y9D8WIKjbPtBQ&s=19

Jokes on you!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Thursday Night Football is exactly perfect for working out or doing chores because it's just interesting enough to keep you going but not so interesting that it will distract you from what you have to do.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Baker starting 48 hours after being picked up would be the only thing that makes that game interesting.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

project your final records based on those schedules

Jets - 10-7
Pats - 8-9
Chargers - I dont dare to guess because they could win and lose any of these games (9-8)
Raiders - 7-10

Congrats Jets on making the playoffs!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

The Patriots offense is fundamentally broken and they have the hardest schedule. The Chargers keep injuring their key players by bringing them back too early and reinjuring them, also their coach is a dipshit. The Raiders defense is awful and their offense goes to sleep for half a game at a time.

So I still say it's the Jets' seed to lose.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

Jets look like they have the inside track, and of the other three it looks like the Chargers are most likely to get 3 more wins.

I could see the Jets losing all but the Jags game, Pats beating, at best, the Raiders / Cards and the Chargers taking it with Colts / Rams / Broncos victories. Chargers have atrocious tiebreakers though, so if the Jets win a 2nd game, they'll take it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

This made me curious and the infamously terrible Josh Freeman, starting QB for the Vikings on MNF against the Giants in 2013 occurred after he’d already been with the team for 10 days.

On the other hand, the Panthers signed Vinny Testaverde off the couch in 2008 and 4 days later had him starting and throwing deep to Steve Smith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Raiders schedule honestly does not look bad.

Rams and Pats are both very winnable and games they should win. Pittsburgh is winnable, SF is kind of a tossup depending on what the QB is doing, and KC may have nothing to play for once that game happens

The Chargers though, man. If they can just not trip over their own hogs they should win most of those games and go at least 9-6. MAYBE they could steal one against Miami or Tennessee