Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

It's one of those mall photo booths.

Yes. I'm asking who is in the booth with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
that's definitely Laura

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

What is the state of vampires in Marvel? I know the X-men had that big punch up with them like a decade ago, have the vampires been up to anything since then? Who’s in charge of vampires now?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Dracula set up a vampire nation in the exclusion zone around Chernobyl.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

And Blade is the sheriff.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

That owns.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I thiiiiiiiiiink there's some vampire-based event or series in the works? It seems like something that everyone keeps coming back around to for like an issue or two, then moves along to something else

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Endless Mike posted:

I thiiiiiiiiiink there's some vampire-based event or series in the works? It seems like something that everyone keeps coming back around to for like an issue or two, then moves along to something else

There was a lot of vampire stuff in that Winter Guard mini that came out recently.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
blade's daughter has a mini coming out soon-ish

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Vampires have also been a big part of Moon Knight and X-terminators. Marvel is not hurting for vampire content lately.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Azubah posted:

Jubilee should've stayed as a vampire.

And Punisher should have stayed a Frankenstein but we just can't have nice things unfortunately

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Azubah posted:

Jubilee should've stayed as a vampire.

Sorry but then I highly doubt we get Jubilee punching Boom Boom in the boobs so I'm gonna have to say it's good she's not a vampire now

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
https://twitter.com/jedmackay/status/1600909025218105364

Hell yeah Vulpes! Clea Strange has been awesome, so I'm super excited for this run + can't wait to see Ferry's art

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I've enjoyed Clea as Sorcerer Supreme and kind of hope she stays like that even in the new series.

But so long as she sticks around I'll be happy.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

And Bats.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Will there be vampires

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Azubah posted:

And Bats.

Bats is a must

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Don't forget the snakes. Never forget the snakes.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Codependent Poster posted:

I've enjoyed Clea as Sorcerer Supreme and kind of hope she stays like that even in the new series.

But so long as she sticks around I'll be happy.

agreed. so much of this series has been about clea thinking about strange (not that it hasn't been good, just saying), it'd be cool to see, now that strange is back, her just doing her own thing

fake edit: and bats

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm not worried about Bats because everyone knows you don't mess with Bats.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The only reason the series isn't called Bats the Ghost Dog is Marvel are cowards.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I have been loving Strange, and I definitely hope Clea gets to still be a prominent character. I feel it is kinda like what is happening with Superman Son of Kal-El. It totally makes sense why you would replace an interesting lead with a straight white man commercially, but it is also a bummer.

Very interested to see how it turns out. Based on the track recond by the creative team probably well, but sometimes the bosses do what they do.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lord_Hambrose posted:

It totally makes sense why you would replace an interesting lead with a straight white man commercially, but it is also a bummer.

i mean come on it's not like we didn't know going in strange was coming back

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Clea is literally on the cover so I'm sure she'll be fine.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he came back in the first issue of the current book.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Edge & Christian posted:

Dan Slott's "Spider-Man" is, I imagine, exactly what you expect it to be.

Spiderverse and Spidergeddon were dumb but fun. End of Spiderverse is just plain dumb with no Superior Spidey or Leopardon to bail us out this time

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but every Super Hero who isn't in space operates out of New York.

mods ban this man for Great Lakes Avengers erasure

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

site posted:

i mean come on it's not like we didn't know going in strange was coming back

I mean, yes obviously Dr Strange was coming back. But just because it was inevitable doesn't mean it is necessary a thing to celebrate.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I mean, yes obviously Dr Strange was coming back. But just because it was inevitable doesn't mean it is necessary a thing to celebrate.

no one's celebrating it, but you made it sound like vulpes was stickin it to the woke moralists or something

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Okay, I get that you like Clea but this is still a bit of a weird one.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I think the writer guy said on Twitter that the only reason Clea is Sorcerer Supreme right now is so that the MALE (aka best) character can come back and Sorcerer Supreme so hard in her face and embarrass her that she cries and disappears into space.

obviously not really

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
My FLCS usually doesn’t order enough to get ratio variants, but saw they had a 1:25 for Dark Web and splurged. Really nice wraparound cover by Stegman.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I have been loving Strange, and I definitely hope Clea gets to still be a prominent character. I feel it is kinda like what is happening with Superman Son of Kal-El. It totally makes sense why you would replace an interesting lead with a straight white man commercially, but it is also a bummer.

Very interested to see how it turns out. Based on the track recond by the creative team probably well, but sometimes the bosses do what they do.

Shut up

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Books great, I like the creative team, I even said the decision is likely from higher up? Come on, is being unhappy about one less female lead book really beyond the pale? I expect it will be well written and done in the best way possible.

I appreciate all the love shown to the writer because he posts in the thread, but the defensiveness is wild. For the recond Vulpes is one of my favorite current writers. Moon Knight rules, and Black Cat is gone too soon.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
even if vulpes didn't post here, the book is still called Strange, and is a story about getting stephen strange back to life. there was no pretending at the outset that this would be a new status quo. stephen is still appearing in other books like this isn't even happening. this isn't like making sam the new captain america and then walking it back from chud backlash, and framing it like this is some anti woke agenda really doesn't read as correct in this instance

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

OK, I suppose I am just upset that I book I like will make a change I don't prefer much like another book I like is going through a change I don't prefer. A old character replacing a fresh new take on an extremely underused is pretty standard stuff. Great.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think there's a good story to tell if Stephen is alive but Clea is still Sorcerer Supreme. I do hope that Stephen has to earn the title back somehow.

I really just want Clea to stick around is all.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Clea is badass. She really should stick around in some prominent capacity.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Whatever changes happen in Clea's book, I hope she keeps that "gently caress you I'm the Sorcerer Supreme and I'm going to raise the dead if I want to" energy. I feel like she's someone who will start clawing at the walls if she doesn't have someone to fight, and that's the hero I need right now.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Codependent Poster posted:

I think there's a good story to tell if Stephen is alive but Clea is still Sorcerer Supreme. I do hope that Stephen has to earn the title back somehow.

Ooh. I like this idea. Like, the transfer of the title should be perfunctory, but Steven has pissed off so many cosmic entities that it just falls off like tape past its good-by date. And this is them getting back at him? Why? Something something, subtler touch for once, maybe exploiting a weakness, but ultimately it's magic it ain't gotta explain poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I think we are all missing the biggest question (covers aren't always canon) will Strange stay a silver fox? This is important.