Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

LionYeti posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl1P7eWrdt1/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D 2023 Death Grips Tour just got announced. Wonder how long its gonna take for this one to fall through. But Denver is the 4th date so that might actually happen.
They're playing here but not 'til October :negative:

I'm still gonna get a ticket. Are they still dropping out of shows? I remember I was super excited to see them with NIN and Soundgarden in 2014 but they dropped out of that tour. I still went and had a blast, but man, that show would've been next level if Death Grips had played. I ended up getting to see them in 2015 and that show was insane, but that's the only time I've seen them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

LionYeti posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl1P7eWrdt1/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D 2023 Death Grips Tour just got announced. Wonder how long its gonna take for this one to fall through. But Denver is the 4th date so that might actually happen.

Here's hoping that the time between May and September is for touring Europe

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they’ll do one date and dip

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I haven't seen them in person, do they generally do their more groovy stuff like Hacker or Death Grips is Online or noisy bullshit like You might think he loves you...?

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

I feel bad for anybody they dipped on, I've seen them twice (2017 in Helsinki and 2018 in Amsterdam) and it was so so good both times

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
pitchfork end of year lists were good at some point but theyve been undeniable trash and probably bought off for years now

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

the song list made me less mad than the album one

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
i'm pretty sure that Arca album came out last year

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm just looking forward to DEHH, Shawncee, and theneedledrop lists tbh

mnlr
May 31, 2006

I don’t disagree with the entire Pitchfork list. Sick! was my 17th favourite album of the year too.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
everyone post your top 40-50

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Beyonce's album was fun.

It wasn't like anything revolutionary, but was a fun listen and the womenfolk like it.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk
Conversely, the Beyonce album was very good. Not as good as the actual album of the year Hagan's Textures, but still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf9BAxsRaRQ

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

you only think its good cause its not as bad as the drake one

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk
I have bad taste in music without listening to Drake albums in years.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

tristeham posted:

i'm pretty sure that Arca album came out last year

Arca sucks

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
i listened to less than 5 albums this year more than once.

My fav:
1. honestly nevermind
2.killing nothing
3.dawn fm
4.motomami (solely for the line "money on the floor like diablo")
5. elvis: original motion picture soundtrack (ive never listened to the non-film edit elvis tracks on this)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

No

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zUB-zuCsr4 banger, especially that suga free verse

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0ck7hTsug8

Rapper who boasted he ‘got rich’ off covid relief sentenced to prison

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/12/08/rapper-nuke-bizzle-edd-covid-fraud/

A Tennessee rap artist who boasted in a YouTube music video about exploiting a covid relief program intended for those who lost their job in the pandemic was ordered by a federal judge to return over $700,000 in stolen unemployment insurance money and sentenced to more than six years in federal prison.

Fontrell Antonio Baines, 33, also known as Nuke Bizzle, was handed the sentence Wednesday by a California federal judge after he pleaded guilty to mail fraud, as well as two other counts of unlawful possession of a firearm and ammunition by a felon and possession of oxycodone with intent to distribute.

In relation to his mail fraud conviction, the judge found Baines filed 92 falsified Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (P.U.A.) claims with California’s Employment Development Department (E.D.D.) between July and September 2020, part of a scheme attempting to illegally extract around $1.2 million of federal funds for personal benefit, although he only succeeded in obtaining $704,760 of that.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol "nuke bizzle"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
judge nuked bizzle

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

KVeezy3 posted:

Conversely, the Beyonce album was very good. Not as good as the actual album of the year Hagan's Textures, but still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf9BAxsRaRQ

this is cool thank you

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Some people clap the opps, others commit mail fraud.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Got my Death Grips ticket. Now to keep my fingers crossed for the next 10 months that it doesn't get cancelled :pray:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Rageaholic posted:

Got my Death Grips ticket. Now to keep my fingers crossed for the next 10 months that it doesn't get cancelled :pray:

lol

E: gently caress imma have to try and buy these tickets tomorrow they sold out lmafo. I'm not worried about any tour cancellations though, they played the last 3 tours here. Only the NIN/Soundgarden show was cancelled really.

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Dec 8, 2022

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The REAL Goobusters posted:

lol

E: gently caress imma have to try and buy these tickets tomorrow they sold out lmafo. I'm not worried about any tour cancellations though, they played the last 3 tours here. Only the NIN/Soundgarden show was cancelled really.
Yeah, they've played here twice before. I only saw them the first time they came through here, so I need to make up for missing them the last time they were here.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

That new Metro Boomin' is pretty good.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I usually get a bunch of presale codes in my inbox but got nothing for DG god its gonna be so expensive on seatgeek.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgGdikddX_g

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Snoop, Ice Cube, E40 and Too $hort just released a collab album out of nowhere???

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

They’ve been talking about it for years now

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
cool

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

im going to say something and i need thread to not send shooters

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

40lbs has become a drake stan

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

szas ok but i have no clue what people see in her to be the most hyped rnb artist out rn

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

40lbs has become a drake stan

-_-

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

40 lbs to freedom posted:

szas ok but i have no clue what people see in her to be the most hyped rnb artist out rn

i love the song she did with trav but nothing else

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

40 lbs to freedom posted:

same. cannot tell a difference between her and any other contemporary female rnb act at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i cant think of what a single sza song is like