Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Endorph posted:

shoutout to this tier list with tartag in the same tier as kazuha/nahida and klee in the same tier as fischl. youtubes grasp of the meta is incredible

what is it exactly that makes Faruzan better than Gorou in that person's eyes I wonder. Especially since Wanderer and Ittou are the same tier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what makes candace better than thoma

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wait wtf is yoimiya doing in s

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Endorph posted:

exploding things, i assume.

what sort of sicko puts noelle and xinyan in the same spot.

I think b is the misc. section.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Endorph posted:

you can just walk over to sumeru, its not blocked off like inazuma was. wanderer seems decent, much better than xiao and xiao is playable.

No Wave posted:

Getting to sumeru is easy. Just walk there. His mats are a bit of a nuisance because they spawn all spread out and hidden. He's not Kazuha Yelan or Nahida so he's terrible and unplayable.

Nice, better than Xiao was exactly what I was hoping for.

Endorph posted:

shoutout to this tier list with tartag in the same tier as kazuha/nahida and klee in the same tier as fischl. youtubes grasp of the meta is incredible

This thing hurts, my boy Razor doesn't deserve that. Since it's on there, Nahida SS tier?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Yes. The "Hyperbloom" reaction was not properly tested and does at least 50% more damage than it should, and Nahida will be the best bloom enabler for a decade. Nahida SS is one of the things the list gets right.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nahida is the best dendro unit by a country mile. as we get more dendros her value to an account will probably drop slightly but she'll basically never not be the best dendro.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Does the new artifact set affect Nilou's special blooms?

Endorph posted:

Yoimiya is great

That tier list is weird because it mostly makes sense, except for a handful of characters that are put in utterly bizarre places (like the top tier Childe or Fischl's low placement).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

Yoimiya is great

That tier list is weird because it mostly makes sense, except for a handful of characters that are put in utterly bizarre places (like the top tier Childe or Fischl's low placement).
It buffs niloublooms by the same absolute damage that it buffs normal blooms. IE nilou's damage add is not multiplicative with the set's damage add.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Everything that has to do with 'bloom' works with Nilou, due to this line

quote:

Bountiful Core DMG is considered DMG dealt by Dendro Cores produced by Bloom.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Radical posted:

what is it exactly that makes Faruzan better than Gorou in that person's eyes I wonder. Especially since Wanderer and Ittou are the same tier?

Well, Faruzan is an Anemo character at the end of the day, and anyone who can use VV probably beats any geo-supporying artifact set.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

Since it's on there, Nahida SS tier?

Hoyo has debatably only released 3 good five star units in the history of genshin, 5 if you get hit by enemies. And Nahida's one of em. If you're gonna go full dingus and unironically make a tier list you better put her in S. But then they put another one (Yelan) a tier lower so whatever. (The units are Nahida/Yelan/Kazuha/Zhongli/Kokomi btw)

I say debatably because there is another, much more reasonable opinion to hold: Hoyo has actually released 0 good units, and the only reason to pull for anyone is because you feel like it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Wanderer is pretty awesome. Added him to my ore team, and even just having a mid air sprint makes him a must have. Anemo resonance and a lost prayer makes him very zoom.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Well, Faruzan is an Anemo character at the end of the day, and anyone who can use VV probably beats any geo-supporying artifact set.
this makes no sense though. faruzan is an anemo support. shes only being used in teams where the main dps is coming from an anemo unit. so vv's value diminishes greatly. like in a wanderer/faruzan/benny/xingqiu team, if wanderer is using his set and faruzan is using vv, shes buffing xingqius damage some but not a crazy amount.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Risutora posted:

gonna name him Shinji

I'm leaning towards Shinocchio

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
If you care about speed running Childe is still one of the best characters in the game for it.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

If we're really gonna delve into the brainworms, you could say that Faru is better because she fully buffs every unit that wants to do raw anemo damage, while Gorou only fully buffs units that are both Geo AND defense-scaling. So you don't have awkward blindspots like how Gorou isn't really great with Ningguang.

But I doubt the person who made that even thought about this sort if thing lol

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

MoonCrab posted:

If we're really gonna delve into the brainworms, you could say that Faru is better because she fully buffs every unit that wants to do raw anemo damage, while Gorou only fully buffs units that are both Geo AND defense-scaling. So you don't have awkward blindspots like how Gorou isn't really great with Ningguang.

I mean Gorou still has a % geo damage buff. She just doesn't get anything from his def buff.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

MoonCrab posted:

even with those restrictions she's still only useful for 2 units while gorou works for 3-5 (itto/noelle/albedo + ning and GMC if c6)

also she kinda blocks you from using good reactions (like scara + nahida hyperbloom squad) while gorou doesn't because geo doesn't react anyways.
and both of the units faruzan buffs are hypercarries while a monogeo team lets you take sub-dpses like ning or albedo so you actually have more than 1 person benefitting from the gorou buffs at once

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Anemo resonance is also pretty mediocre (from a DPS standpoint)

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Faruzan doesn't work for the xiao double anemo double geo comp either since he needs heals on top of zhongli
but maybe 2A2G would be decent for scaramouche? i doubt it would outperform a xingqiu-based team though, it's only best for xiao because plunges don't work with XQ

Eimi posted:

I mean Gorou still has a % geo damage buff. She just doesn't get anything from his def buff.

Yeah gorou still brings some buffs but without def scalers it's not super valuable you'd do more damage overall replacing him with benny or some sub-dps like fischl

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think FaruC6 outclasses gorou because she does an absurd amount - perma CC, off field particle generation, millelith triggers. Below that she's just horrible I do not recommend.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I really dislike how they made Wanderer actually fun to play in addition to his skills looking badass and feeling good to use, because I don't like the character itself.
But, fun things are fun so needs must. Also he effectively hard-powercrept Heizou in every meaningful way sans accessibility (limited 5* vs 4*) which is lame.

The real question at this point is - how many constellations does Faruzan really need? Basically all of them except the generic +2 to skill/burst look absurdly strong from a utility standpoint.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Faruzan can work at C0 but she really, really wants C6.

As for powercreeping Heizou, I feel like Heizou is still stronger in international teams, and he works better as a healer with prototype amber for whatever thats worth.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

He doesn't really play anything like Heizou for them to be compared beyond being the same element/weapon. Heizou requires very little field time for his burst damage, while having the option to stay on field to drive reactions and do moderate NA/swirl damage. Wanderer needs tons of field time and doesn't have easy access to burst damage.

No Wave posted:

I think FaruC6 outclasses gorou because she does an absurd amount - perma CC, off field particle generation, millelith triggers. Below that she's just horrible I do not recommend.

How good is her A4? It sounds like it should work like Shenhe/Yun Jin, and there doesn't seem to be a huge restriction on the number of procs.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

How good is her A4? It sounds like it should work like Shenhe/Yun Jin, and there doesn't seem to be a huge restriction on the number of procs.
I never really evaluated her damage buffs. I'm unable to get reasonable uptime so I kind of gave up on trying to figure out how good it is.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Wanderer is pretty awesome. Added him to my ore team

I think you want Zhongli for that.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Broke down and faced to Gatcha. Got Wanderer and a pair of Yanfei Cs in just twenty pulls. No Faruzen or Gorou but hell, that's a loving steal on an Anemo boy, I say. Too bad I have so few catalysts that Yanfei and Wanderer are going to have to share a Widsth for the foreseeable future, lol.

now watch it make me burn two hard pities for Raiden in a few weeks

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

even with those restrictions she's still only useful for 2 units while gorou works for 3-5 (itto/noelle/albedo + ning and GMC if c6)

You're forgetting 2 very powerful units with legitimately strong raw motion values: Kazuha and Venti. Attack/Anemo/Crit Kazuha/Venti/Faruzan/Bennett is a strong and flexible quickswap team, which I magically conjured up out of my rear end, yet which I can fully assure is good and strong. On the grounds of, because I said so.

And despite the fact that I have never even touched my level 1 Faru, I declare that this excellent team for mobs and mid sized enemies is much better than whatever Gorou teams can do :colbert:

I can do this because tier makers don't play the teams they talk about either lmao

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 8, 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

this makes no sense though. faruzan is an anemo support. shes only being used in teams where the main dps is coming from an anemo unit. so vv's value diminishes greatly. like in a wanderer/faruzan/benny/xingqiu team, if wanderer is using his set and faruzan is using vv, shes buffing xingqius damage some but not a crazy amount.

Yeah, but if you like her you can do whatever, like she can use one of the new artifact sets or VV or Wanderer's Troupe or anything you feel like. Her being Anemo makes her way easier to slip into a National team than Yunjin or Noelle is since she has an element that Synergizes

I thought it made sense at least :shobon:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

No idea what all this talk is about tbh, I'm playing cards

Claymore boys card team ftw

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Yeah, if you're just using her as a body to hold VV she does have wider value than Gorou, because Petra is annoying to use. The second you pull Sucrose you should be kicking Faruzan to the curb though.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
if you just like the character and want to throw them in a random team outside their niche, or you do the 'friendship team' thing which i still dont really see the fun in but which is quite popular among goons, then yeah faruzan is gonna be a million times better than gorou

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Wait this Kazu/Venti team might be legit good :eyepop:

Urge to roll for Scara: obliterated.

Edit: Urge to roll for Faru cons: generated :smith:

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 8, 2022

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
My deck is currently Yoimiya Normal spam because it just seems more consistent than trying to do these "reactions"

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Tanreall posted:

If you care about speed running Childe is still one of the best characters in the game for it.

Yeah childe is crazy strong in international teams. Though i dont know if I would label childe himself as meta defining since his teammates (bennett, xiangling, and kazuha) are doing all the heavy lifting. But he does fit into that team really well, when you can get the rotation to work. He's pretty jank otherwise.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Wanderer is pretty awesome. Added him to my ore team, and even just having a mid air sprint makes him a must have. Anemo resonance and a lost prayer makes him very zoom.

I was momentarily saddened when I remembered catalyst users can't break ores with plunges.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

if you just like the character and want to throw them in a random team outside their niche, or you do the 'friendship team' thing which i still dont really see the fun in but which is quite popular among goons, then yeah faruzan is gonna be a million times better than gorou

If there's any fun to be had in that, it's in trying to get something workable out of a team with poo poo synergy (spoiler: this probably just means using two characters, while dogboy is along for the ride because he's ruined nilou's excellent explosion expedition).

Mostly, it's a somewhat reasonable way to fill up some bars, to fill out my namecard collection. More usefully, it means I actually bother to use most of these characters, because realistically I wouldn't bother unless I had some sort of use for them; and really, if I need an pyro, there's no reason why I'd dig up an artifactless, lv 1 thoma or xinyan when I have a perfectly good hu tao or yanfei.

It's good to try new things, even if they take longer and are somewhat annoying.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

From 1.3 to 1.5 friendship grinding was the ONLY content. We still do it out of habit, like someone who survived the depression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

No Wave posted:

From 1.3 to 1.5 friendship grinding was the ONLY content. We still do it out of habit, like someone who survived the depression.

It's satisfying to feel like I'm working towards... anything.