Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Gee, all these really inconvenient strikes, they really make me appreciate how important all these jobs are that these people do. Also, can't we send in the police/army to smash them up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I won't be able to see my family this christmas unless other people avoid seeing their family this christmas.

Honestly working retail makes me very inclined to murder anybody who gets all huffy about the magical christmas season being spoiled by other people failing to wait on me hand and foot

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

the fact that this rapey toad calls rape allegations "innuendo" is just a means to saying "I'm guilty as gently caress, I mean, just look at me."

Also the government trying to ban health professionals from striking is just :discourse:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Diet Crack posted:

Also the government trying to ban health professionals from striking is just :discourse:

I hear it worked great with teachers in Canada!

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Everyone hates these fat-cat nurses.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1600885003138867202?s=19

We should really hound these people out of public life.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This legislation is unethical but whoops it's in place now oh well our hands are tied

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
look the nazi suit just comes with the job, we all have to wear them

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

"These strikes are wrong at a time when negotiations are still going on".

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/guardianopinion/status/1600910755590983682?s=19

It's really incredible how it's public record that Wes has accepted massive donations from Private Healthcare companies, he publishes shite like this and if you pointed out that this is just naked bribery and corruption he could sue you and probably win.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

It's only massive donations from hedge fund managers that are heavily invested in private healthcare so it's all fine nothing to worry about

Mebh
May 10, 2010

They're such a bunch of suited, cowardly, bereft of any ideas of intelligence, spinless, over stuffed, self important CUNTS. I hate them and what has happened to this country because of them being in charge of the only viable opposition.

Just. Agh. People ask why I work so much. Its because I'm making a kids game and its just heartwarming, joyful, colourful and just the best escape getting to watch them have amazing fun in user tests.

If I worked a poo poo job, I'd just be a ball of incandescent rage and corn whiskey. I don't know how so many of you cope.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Mebh posted:

I don't know how so many of you cope.

Mebh posted:

incandescent rage and corn whiskey.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1600885003138867202?s=19

We should really hound these people out of public life.

look at that pair of complete cunts

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/mac_puck/status/1600840949612937216

James Dyson made a bunch of fart noises about one of the many things he knows gently caress all about, so let's take a moment to laugh at him for this again

https://twitter.com/RealSexyCyborg/status/1600769530435100672

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We already have SCBA you could just build a cool looking one of those rather than building a stupid thing to wear on your head that also doesn't work.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Mebh posted:

Badly, mostly

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Jim Crace is a big melt right? But drat does he have a laconic turn of phrase

E: nvm I misread that guy's name is Jim Grace. And the guy I was thinking of was John Crace...

E2: good tweet tho

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Mebh posted:

I emigrated years ago. Zero regrets.

But even then I was from Northern Ireland and there was a party whose interests aligned with my own. If I were an Englishman I would, at the very least, not be voting for either of these showers.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Let's recap what we know so far:

1. James Dyson campaigns for Britain to leave the European Union
2. [???]
3. UK competitiveness crumbles into dust

:thunk:

Well I'm stumped James. Who knows mate

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to meeee, an open grave full of Torrrieeesss :toot:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Convex posted:

Let's recap what we know so far:

1. James Dyson campaigns for Britain to leave the European Union
2. [???]
3. UK competitiveness crumbles into dust

:thunk:

Well I'm stumped James. Who knows mate

2. Is - Dyson takes his entire business to China

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I think it was Singapore, maybe?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Didn't Dyson also try to invent some super cheap ventilator during covid? He was tweeting about it I think. Moron. You don't actually have to invent the thing and convince anyone it works, just get in the VIP lane.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

'Flexible working diktat,' yes, it's fascism when the government tells business owners what to do, but when business owners tell their staff they have to work until 3am with no breaks that's just good old fashioned competitiveness.

Somebody needs to take a shovel to the head of all these twats who think the people under them actually want to be there.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Emptyquote of your emptyquote. gently caress this. gently caress all of it.

Colleague at work came back off sick leave for carcinoma of the throat. He looks well. I’m glad. I like him. Same thing killed my uncle and I hate that some win and some lose and I feel like a garbage human for feeling like that because colleague gets many more years with his daughters but my cousin did his Viva without his dad; his dad who was loving proud.

Just… gently caress it. gently caress it all. Rage and corn whiskey. Grief is a delayed latent poisoner.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Mebh posted:

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
his hoovers are shite anyway

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm sure that fuctifino can improve them

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Grafting a Dyson V14 to a liquid cooled bitcoin mining rig to make the ultimate bong.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
  • Looks at millstone of forty years of bad choices round neck
  • Clearly it is flexible working that has caused this
  • I am very smart and in Singapore

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
When my uncle was in the navy he hinted that there were some very skilful types around that part of the world that could do you a flexible working dik tat.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Nilbop posted:

If I were an Englishman I would, at the very least, not be voting for either of these showers.

Lib Dem spotted

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Is there a list of charities that actually do good work and which ones don't? I'm kinda looking for a big change in jobs and considering applying for some places that work with homeless folk but I'd prefer not to work with a place that's super religious and uses that to judge people or be picky or whatever, which I feel is probably a few of them.

I definitely feel like I've heard bad things about a couple of the well known ones but I couldn't remember any specifics.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Personal take would be find a local one and judge for yourself, if possible. Groups like The Bridge in Leicester and Loughborough, Accommodation Concern in Kettering and Corby, House People in Bristol, and many many others.

Religious isn't always bad, Quakers and Unitarians and Reform Jews have had some of the most effective housing justice orgs without being judgy about any individual person, but again with smaller local groups you can make your own call as to whether you'd be alright with that.

Trussel Trust and Salvation Army have definitely been part of the 'bad things about a couple of the well known ones' group. Shelter staff are currently on strike which is usually not a great sign.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

thebardyspoon posted:

Is there a list of charities that actually do good work and which ones don't? I'm kinda looking for a big change in jobs and considering applying for some places that work with homeless folk but I'd prefer not to work with a place that's super religious and uses that to judge people or be picky or whatever, which I feel is probably a few of them.

I definitely feel like I've heard bad things about a couple of the well known ones but I couldn't remember any specifics.

What are your parameters?
A charity that works local to you, one that is very 'hands on', or one that operates nationally?
Do you want to look into CEO salaries?
What sort of role do you want? Admin / Finance / Fund raising / Visiting with homeless / helping sort problems with local authorities etc

Top 100 CEO pay 2021:
https://www.thirdsector.co.uk/charity-pay-study-2021-biggest-earners/management/article/1713966

(Top 50 in first table, scroll someway down to get next 50).

If you want to avoid the baddest stuff, maybe best not to pick a charity that operates internationally because a lot of the Bad Stuff relates to US not UK branches.

Charity search site here: https://www.charitychoice.co.uk/charities/housing

Here's the list of homeless sector https://www.charitychoice.co.uk/charities/housing/homeless

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 9, 2022

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1600887030732431362

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/CWUnews/status/1600845151907323905?t=Iju1xpvCkerqjOmbgxHEmw&s=19

You love to see it. 3.2k > 150ish

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I can't tell you how little I wanted to open a god drat pdf just to read what the royal mail are saying but I did it and here it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:

Microplastics posted:

I can't tell you how little I wanted to open a god drat pdf just to read what the royal mail are saying but I did it and here it is

Had a look on old Simon's LinkedIn: another one who was in on the grift.

What a prick.