Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I remember this Quake 4 single player mission pack being pretty cool: https://www.moddb.com/mods/false-dawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the last few hours are insanely boring as well, they just copy/paste the same mission 3 times. it's a terrible game

It's just following in the footsteps of Doom 3 where the middle third just recycles areas over and over.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

UnknownMercenary posted:

It's just following in the footsteps of Doom 3 where the middle third just recycles areas over and over.

I remembered enjoying Doom 3 back in the day, turns out it was the Xbox version which cut the fat from the campaign and was actually decently paced. Also I think it had the original Doom 1 and 2 with split screen unlockable as well, it was the steelcase version.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Convex posted:

I remembered enjoying Doom 3 back in the day, turns out it was the Xbox version which cut the fat from the campaign and was actually decently paced. Also I think it had the original Doom 1 and 2 with split screen unlockable as well, it was the steelcase version.

That was an amazing port for the time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s amazing. I have it on Xbox and it looks unbelievable on a CRT.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/romero/status/1600982842452119552?s=20&t=rm6jch_7QmnCiW0k6y1eRA

Hell yes

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I read the invitation to join him on twitch in his "TO WIN THE GAME, YOU MUST KILL ME" voice/tone

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

someone remind me about this on saturday tia

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Convex posted:

Same so I quite liked Doom 3. Then I played on PC and was like what is this light maze?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Someone named 'Archvile, from Doom II' won a Steam Deck from the Game Awards stream.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

TOOT BOOT posted:

Someone named 'Archvile, from Doom II' won a Steam Deck from the Game Awards stream.

Always loving me over...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TOOT BOOT posted:

Fuckin archviles

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Has he ever streamed or shown his process to making a level? That's gonna be a for sure watch

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Finally catching up on Civvie, I let a huge backlog build up. It's good to finally see how RotT'13 ends, I never beat El Oscuro myself.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

site posted:

someone remind me about this on saturday tia

Its also cacowards day. A doom feast

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

In Training posted:

Its also cacowards day. A doom feast

oh gently caress it’s cacowards season. Hell yes.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

RyokoTK posted:

The Strogg are cool as hell.

Quake 2 and Quake 4 do not do them any favors.

Let's see what the fan wiki has to say about them:

Strogg Crates were spotted during the eerie events of Quake, although the connection has never been explained before quake champions according to his lore,it is it is wrong to think that the first stroggs contact with mankind was in 2065 this is wrong, it was not known how it happened much earlier at some point stroggs began to cooperate with the main antagonist of first quake doctor gilman in his slipgate experiences and provide him with their technologies for gilman's slipgates so that they became much stronger to enter to dreamlands,maybe gilman cybernized clones of visor prime for stroggs for new members of they army.

God I love wikis

Convex posted:

I regretted not buying it once I found out about the Doom ports

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Dec 9, 2022

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I heard there was one person at Bethesda responsible for the Quake Champions lore and I wanna imagine them getting in a fist fight with the wiki contributors

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

catlord posted:

Finally catching up on Civvie, I let a huge backlog build up. It's good to finally see how RotT'13 ends, I never beat El Oscuro myself.

At this point, his classic ROTT videos are holiday viewing for me; I got the original shareware episode one year in a big shareware pack, so I have a ton of Christmas memories of playing that, Catacomb Abyss, Ken's Labyrinth, and a bunch of others. :unsmith:

I loved that he himself had a Christmas ROTT episode.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fImJQmxvwrc

The only Christmas song that matters.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

verbal enema posted:

Has he ever streamed or shown his process to making a level? That's gonna be a for sure watch

He's talked about his process before, but I don't think he's ever shown it. I want to see this stream.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Pennsylvanian posted:

He's talked about his process before, but I don't think he's ever shown it. I want to see this stream.
You get to see glimpses in the original SIGIL's documentary. There's an infamous scene where Romero brings his dev PC on a Meditteranean cruise with his wife:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r7PMvq6brI

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

At this point, his classic ROTT videos are holiday viewing for me; I got the original shareware episode one year in a big shareware pack, so I have a ton of Christmas memories of playing that, Catacomb Abyss, Ken's Labyrinth, and a bunch of others. :unsmith:

I loved that he himself had a Christmas ROTT episode.
My Christmas game is, oddly enough, Resident Evil 4. I think it was about Christmas time when I first played the awful Ubisoft PC port and have been doing mostly yearly re-runs at that time of the year ever since.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Cat Machine posted:

You get to see glimpses in the original SIGIL's documentary. There's an infamous scene where Romero brings his dev PC on a Meditteranean cruise with his wife:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r7PMvq6brI

this was a cool watch

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

anilEhilated posted:

My Christmas game is, oddly enough, Resident Evil 4. I think it was about Christmas time when I first played the awful Ubisoft PC port and have been doing mostly yearly re-runs at that time of the year ever since.

I think I'm finally going to 100% it this year. I'm one achievement away (pro campaign completion).

Weird that there's no achievement in the system for getting the handcannon, because that's a much harder thing than going through the campaign.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm behind on holidays so my winter holiday games are going to be.... Dusk and Luigi's Mansion 3

One heck of a combo, I hope.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

I think I'm finally going to 100% it this year. I'm one achievement away (pro campaign completion).
Same! I've been putting that one off ever since I actually got the HD release.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

anilEhilated posted:

Same! I've been putting that one off ever since I actually got the HD release.

Aiming with gyro controls because of the Steam deck (or using a gyro-friendly controller via steam and a custom config) is :kiss:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Aiming with gyro controls because of the Steam deck (or using a gyro-friendly controller via steam and a custom config) is :kiss:

It's genuinely amazing how much better the slingshot and bow in the 3DS Ocarina of Time remaster felt for exactly this reason and I'm glad more games are apparently supporting that nowadays.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pope Guilty posted:

It's genuinely amazing how much better the slingshot and bow in the 3DS Ocarina of Time remaster felt for exactly this reason and I'm glad more games are apparently supporting that nowadays.

It was especially a huge improvement there since aiming was pretty tough on N64. I could never shoot all the Big Poes before.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
I can't pretend to understand how cookies and trackers work, but the last few months the only ads I've seen on my phone have exclusively been for American McGee's hot topic goth bunny dolls after I clicked a link in this thread.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

treat posted:

I can't pretend to understand how cookies and trackers work, but the last few months the only ads I've seen on my phone have exclusively been for American McGee's hot topic goth bunny dolls after I clicked a link in this thread.

you're welcome

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

Thought I'd share this here in case anyone is interested,

quote:

Quake 2 25th Anniversary deathmatch stream by Tastyspleen.net, join in for some fun!

Join us tonight at 8PM ET to play FFA.

/connect tastyspleen.net

You can download Q2 here: http://q2s.tastyspleen.net/

Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/tastyspleentv

Announcement tweet: https://twitter.com/tastyspleentv/status/1601304106391330817

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The 2022 Cacowards are live!

https://www.doomworld.com/cacowards/2022/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ozonia sounds pretty sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh hey NEVER.wad got a shout-out in the newcomer segment, that's awesome! I didn't play many 2022 released bc I been too busy catching up on 28 other years of levels, but I did play NEVER and thought it was fuckin sick. Goongrats I forget if tei shared it here or in the doom wad thread.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Worth clicking through if only to see this dope image

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
John Romero's mapping stream is live

https://twitch.tv/theromero

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The stream is super chill and is cool to see him mapping live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Congratulations to ToxicFrog are in order, I assume?