Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

josh04 posted:

wow, a cia agent choosing to advance the agency's goals in direct opposition to us government policy? sounds like a pretty radical critique!

I was just stating what happened in the movie, but ross' actions were in contradiction to the agency he worked for.

Like the setup for black panther 3 is the usa and europe is going to try and coup/attack wakanda proving Namor was right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

The same genre that brought you "Alex Jones reviews the prequels" now gives you "Trump analyzes Citizen Kane"

https://twitter.com/dogshit95/status/1600600965887193088?t=HRA39TvsgebK3FJCfQ5DfQ&s=19

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/bobo_circus/status/1494333326097739779?s=46&t=0tSYcgahmFSL5Oe6n-ydCQ

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
trump's review of citizen kane isn't groundbreaking but it's focused and he talks about things that actually happen in the movie, which is a far cry from his usual speeches these days. it's a good demonstration of how cooked his brain is nowadays

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I mean for starters, it's coherent, which is a huge step up from his usual state these days

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
the dark knight rises opened with gotham having essentially wiped out all organized crime via the "harvey dent act," which is not elaborated on but which is implied to suspend or weaken constitutional rights in order to be tougher on crime. the result is that there's so little crime that batman isn't necessary and the cops have nothing to do. society doesn't appear to be otherwise harmed in any way and nobody, including bane, catwoman, or any of the populist protestors, mention it

i wonder if it's a right-wing movie

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jazerus posted:

dark knight rises was the funniest poo poo i'd ever seen. you could feel nolan losing his mind in real time in response to the tepid protest sentiments of the early 2010s like "perhaps society should improve somewhat"

i'll never forget catwoman (you know, the professional thief) saying "this was somebody's house" as people are looting the place and her friend replies "now it's everyone's house" and catwoman stares in complete terror at the idea of property rights being violated

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

McCloud posted:

The same genre that brought you "Alex Jones reviews the prequels" now gives you "Trump analyzes Citizen Kane"

https://twitter.com/dogshit95/status/1600600965887193088?t=HRA39TvsgebK3FJCfQ5DfQ&s=19

I remember someone (I think it was Elizabeth Sandifer) pointing out: "imagine how happy he must have been to see that the Best Movie Of All Time in popular consciousness is about a guy like him".

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Mr Hootington posted:

I was just stating what happened in the movie, but ross' actions were in contradiction to the agency he worked for.

oh yeah i wasn't dunking on you, just having fun with the inherent contradictions of putting the cia in your fun superhero movie

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

trailer for the new brandon (son of david) cronenberg

his last movie Possessor was just decent imo, but showed promise..... good cast on this next one

https://twitter.com/neonrated/status/1600867801970810880

they need to stop making rich people wearing masks movies

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pretty sure someone did this bit in this thread like a month ago

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

The whole story of Dark Knight Rises is funny in how it tries to force you to sympathize with billionaires corporations and cops and demonize the poor working class army of Bane

Oh no!!!! They raided the Gotham Stock Market to crash Wayne Enterprises' share price!!! Those absolute maniacs!

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

McCloud posted:

Being rich is bad. Don't try to be rich. It will make your life miserable like my life.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

my freshman year at RIT, where I was rejected as a film major because I didn't take enough art classes in high school to have a portfolio, I met a film student who said their favorite movie was "Jumper" starring Hayden Christensen

Eric Jacobus has a great anecdote about going to film school and the professors sneering at him when he turned in a student movie that had way more shots, editing, color correction than everyone else. All because it was an action film

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

McCloud posted:

I mean for starters, it's coherent, which is a huge step up from his usual state these days

He also seems to have seized on the core theme which really shouldn't be surprising since it's not at all subtle but lol when I got to the part where he talked about the table i was so impressed like i just saw the video of that horse that could do 2+2

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Justin Tyme posted:

The whole story of Dark Knight Rises is funny in how it tries to force you to sympathize with billionaires corporations and cops and demonize the poor working class army of Bane

Oh no!!!! They raided the Gotham Stock Market to crash Wayne Enterprises' share price!!! Those absolute maniacs!

also that poo poo is the goofiest most unbelievable thing in the trilogy, even more than the end of Dark Knight with the boats

yeah global financial institutions are going to honor absurd tens-of-billions-of-dollars transactions undertaken while armed terrorists had taken over the stock exchange and stopped all other trading

you got it Chris

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

oscarthewilde posted:

I also found the underlying message of Nope to be also really confused and contradictory (much like us). every step of the way, we're told that animals should be treated with respect, shouldn't be treated as vehicles for fame and attention and are much more - and more dangerous - than simple tools. but at the end them killing and taking a picture of the monster is portrayed as this heroic event, complete with orchestral music and a character feared dead turning out to be alive. And, yes, I know it's also a (not exactly original) parable about fame and Hollywood, but it's also clearly interested in the phenomenon of dangerous animals in media, and I found that specific message particularly confused.

peele has some interesting ideas but actually sticking the landing isn't his best skill. don't really get why everyone sees him as this visionary director when everything he's done besides get out! and key and peele is very confused and overly ambitious.

The angelic aura you see in the heroic ending are the headlights of the paparazzi. It's a bad ending

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

batman has calmly and sensibly locked the free energy machine up beneath the city.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/PostCredPod/status/1600523445250539520?t=zmu6A7wLIpdvO1mXXrKEEg&s=19

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

cameron, no question

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Steven... you're not on the list

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

keep Scorsese, nuke the rest

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

cameron, no question

yeah, I'd consider Spielberg instead but can't imagine a world without Jaws

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I can easily. I’m doing it now

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

we’d be fine without et

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

lol Nolan absolutely did not, his last one ended with a triumphant Army of Cops saving the day

i like how the cops have no guns, and bane's army does and the cops heroic charge still works

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

don't they have their service pistols and Banegang has automatic weapons

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I know I'm insanely late for the hype, but I'm still blown away by how good Andor is. It's so good I recommended it to my dad and told him it's like the kind of sci fi they would've made if Yugoslavia had never dissolved.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/HotFreestyle/status/1600903136700354560

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I'll watch it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

indigi posted:

don't they have their service pistols and Banegang has automatic weapons

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
I hope Chan and Tucker travel to little st James and bust that awful Jeffrey Epstein and *holds finger to ear mic* oh gently caress oh poo poo no no no

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I bet they go to Australia in this one

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
They go nowhere. It's called rush hour because they're stuck in traffic.
Also they're so old it's the only stunt they could do.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Jackie looking younger, did he talk to cruise?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

I choose to read this list as a sentence and it oddly works in a very weird accent

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I choose to read this list as a sentence and it oddly works in a very weird accent

You really just need to put a question mark on "Expedition content?" and it's a perfect exchange.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

indigi posted:

I bet they go to Australia in this one

Check out Jackie Chan's First Strike/Police Story 4. He goes down under in that one.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

You really just need to put a question mark on "Expedition content?" and it's a perfect exchange.

Nope, No Bears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Mantis42 posted:

Check out Jackie Chan's First Strike/Police Story 4. He goes down under in that one.
I love that one. His hotel room came with a Koloa.

https://youtu.be/AcXR6U16VQ8