Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

B33rChiller posted:

LOL that an artist of her calibre and impressive portfolio has no checkmark.

she's got better things to spend her money on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
gently caress yeah more Hades, let's goooo. GOTY 2025.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

"Lady protagonist Hades" gets them carte blanche to do whatever the gently caress they want.

<speeds up time>

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Man, the animation is just so slick. :allears:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Wonder if we'll get to meet Haphaestus this time around.

Hell yeah!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
On the one hand I didn’t feel Hades really needed a sequel and they always do new games that are different from the ones they did before and can they really recapture the magic with this a second time?

OTOH hades ruled gently caress yeah more hades

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

christmas boots posted:

On the one hand I didn’t feel Hades really needed a sequel and they always do new games that are different from the ones they did before and can they really recapture the magic with this a second time?

OTOH hades ruled gently caress yeah more hades

my feelings are the same

bastion, transistor, and hades are very different but all some of my favorite games. i kinda wish they'd spend their time making more unique masterpieces instead of a sequel. but also i'm sure hades 2 will be fuckin great

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
I'll say this much for Melinoë; if she's going after Cronus, she's at least got the weapon that, if it won't kill him, will at least make his day very bad indeed.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

DontMockMySmock posted:

bastion, transistor, and hades are very different but all some of my favorite games.
Pyre is... also a video game.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Can't wait to meet all the gods we didn't get to see inthe first one. Though I'm wondering, if Hades is in chains, is Zagreus in charge of the Underworld in the meantime? I imagine we're gonna see him again, even if as a optional fight.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Scallop Eyes posted:

Can't wait to meet all the gods we didn't get to see inthe first one. Though I'm wondering, if Hades is in chains, is Zagreus in charge of the Underworld in the meantime? I imagine we're gonna see him again, even if as a optional fight.

Zag's going to be so swamped with paperwork that he's basically chained to his father's desk for the entire game.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

DontMockMySmock posted:

my feelings are the same

bastion, transistor, and hades are very different but all some of my favorite games. i kinda wish they'd spend their time making more unique masterpieces instead of a sequel. but also i'm sure hades 2 will be fuckin great

They basically said on their blog "we like to challenge ourselves with each game, and we thought that making a sequel which recaptures the magic of the first would be a novel challenge" and I am here for it

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
Important news:

https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/status/1601029087119962112

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Nihilarian posted:

You can pet the dog, the dog, the dog and the frog

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Wow! This is a surprise, but I'm very excited for Hades II!

I tend to avoid games in Early Access, but I'll definitely get this as soon as it's out.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

OhFunny posted:

Wow! This is a surprise, but I'm very excited for Hades II!

I tend to avoid games in Early Access, but I'll definitely get this as soon as it's out.

Extremely same. Day 1 EA for me. They did it perfectly and I never once felt shortchanged that I didn't wait for 1.0.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Why the gently caress are there suddenly 50 new posts in the HadeOH MY GOD

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

TACD posted:

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Please let it be on Steam from the getgo so I can get right into it instead of waiting for it like with Darkest Dungeon 2.

I've been wanting a Hacate appearance since they first started releasing new gods in the early access. Updated wishlist:
- Hercules
- sick Artemis hangouts
- boons from cthonic gods like Nyx
- no gun (why was there a gun)
- winter grandma has become harvest grandma
- more than one trinket at a time would be cool but they might not even being doing those this time, who knows

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

TACD posted:

gently caress yeah, I was super pleasantly surprised, too.

A female PC is great, getting to meet more of the Greek gods is cool, and the combat looked just so slick. I'm very much looking forward to this. I hadn't even hoped for a sequel, but it's such a good thing that they decided to break their "no sequels" policy for Hades.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

[shitpost]so, our new protag is clearly Zagreus and Thanatos' daughter. I approve[/shitpost]
(Yeah I saw all the posts explaining who she is shut up I want to believe)

Serious remark, she did use something similar to Than's death zone during the trailer. Hopefully Than and/or big(little?) bro are going to hand out boons.

Serious remark 2, where can I put in the money for this gem?

E: mom HAS to be handing out boons, some rear end in a top hat kidnapped Dad you gotta support the daughter's rampage

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i get why theyre making a sequel to their critically acclaimed commercial smash hit but i was hoping theyd move on to something new

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

TACD posted:

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Their FAQ has 3 uses of the very copywritten term Titan of Time so I guess they've combined Chronos the timegod and Cronos the titan to avoid any confusion.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Incoherence posted:

Pyre is... also a video game.

I really enjoyed my time with Pyre but I also don't ever see myself playing it again

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Zag is conspicuously absent from the trailer and all the blog stuff Supergiant put out aside from saying he's Melinoë's brother, I wonder what they'll do with him. I do hope he's woven into the narrative beyond a cameo role because the idea of Zagreus going from the player character to the player's dorky older brother is extremely funny.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

He should still be stuck in Hades (the place). His appearances should remember he's got an expiration date measured in light-meters when out of the Underworld.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
It seems like Hades might be imprisoned underground, so that's not an impediment to Zagreus helping out. We're probably starting on the surface and going down this time.

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015
So, aside from Hades himself, who do you think will come back from the original game?

(Also, HYPE)

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Gun Jam posted:

So, aside from Hades himself, who do you think will come back from the original game?

(Also, HYPE)

Grandma might, but for everything else I'd really rather they just use different gods this time.

I suppose if we're breaking into hell this time, you could definitely bring back the Furies as enemies or some of the house staff.

I wonder if we'll get Charon again or a different NPC for a similar role.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Omobono posted:

He should still be stuck in Hades (the place). His appearances should remember he's got an expiration date measured in light-meters when out of the Underworld.

He should show up like Thanatos for a little friendly competition, then instantly die as soon as it finishes.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gun Jam posted:

Skelly, of course.

Omobono posted:

He'll be stuck in the underworld but my guess is that Hades as a place has fallen.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Gun Jam posted:

(Also, HYPE)

I mean who I want is Megaera...

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I'm not buying this piece of poo poo until someone confirms the Wretched Broker is in

Updog Scully
Apr 20, 2021

This post is accompanied by all the requisite visual and audio effects.

:blastback::woomy::blaster:

Miftan posted:

Grandma might, but for everything else I'd really rather they just use different gods this time.

I'm afraid that we've ran out of Olympians to use if we want an original cast. The only original Olympian gods missing from the first game were Apollo (confirmed for Hades 2), Hera, Hestia and Hephaestus. Asides from introducing the three H's, they can either expand beyond the Pantheon or complete the Olympian representation with all 12 gods available.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

BisbyWorl posted:

He should show up like Thanatos for a little friendly competition, then instantly die as soon as it finishes.

Zagreus as a summon would be amazing, he turns up and sprints around the level killing poo poo for you.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
hadeez nuts

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
sick

achillesforever6 posted:

It's inevitable that every Greek Mythology retelling must be "We must defeat a resurgent Kronos" since like Age Of Mythology

Yeah and apparently they did the Chronus/Kronos merge too, but that one is pretty old at this point and cool thematically so I'm okay with it.

Ragnar34 posted:

- winter grandma has become harvest grandma

Instead of ice attacks she just gives enemies a runny nose.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Sydin posted:

Zag is conspicuously absent from the trailer and all the blog stuff Supergiant put out aside from saying he's Melinoë's brother, I wonder what they'll do with him. I do hope he's woven into the narrative beyond a cameo role because the idea of Zagreus going from the player character to the player's dorky older brother is extremely funny.
Co-op campaign IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
idc which boon gods come back but I do want Nyx, Hypnos and Meg to return