Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Can you sense just how sincere and concerned this news story by some ex-Fox writer is:

Fan holds extremely offensive Ted Cruz sign at AEW Dynamite
December 7, 2022
by Larry Brown

A fan was seen holding up an extremely offensive sign at Wednesday’s All Elite Wrestling “Dynamite” show in Austin, Texas.

As the AEW World Tag Team Champions group The Acclaimed made their way to the ring, fans were shown holding up various scissors posters and signs, and doing scissor gestures with their hands. “Scissor me” is The Acclaimed’s catchphrase.

But one fan’s poster crossed the line.

Towards the end of the video, you can see their poster, which says “Ted Cruz hates” and shows pictures of two scissors facing each other.

The poster is extremely offensive in light of recent events. Police were called to Cruz’s Houston home Tuesday night following a report of a 14-year-old with self-inflicted stab wounds.

“This is a family matter, and thankfully their daughter is okay. There were no serious injuries. The family requests that the media respect their daughter’s privacy at this time,” a spokesperson from Cruz’s office told FOX.

Joking about that situation is tasteless, and the person who created the sign and held it up is classless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's cause he hates gays op

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Honestly thought they would complain about the Ted Cruz fears cold weather and women's rights sign but no, they went with that.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Carwash oval office posted:

Can you sense just how sincere and concerned this news story by some ex-Fox writer is:

Fan holds extremely offensive Ted Cruz sign at AEW Dynamite
December 7, 2022
by Larry Brown

A fan was seen holding up an extremely offensive sign at Wednesday’s All Elite Wrestling “Dynamite” show in Austin, Texas.

As the AEW World Tag Team Champions group The Acclaimed made their way to the ring, fans were shown holding up various scissors posters and signs, and doing scissor gestures with their hands. “Scissor me” is The Acclaimed’s catchphrase.

But one fan’s poster crossed the line.

Towards the end of the video, you can see their poster, which says “Ted Cruz hates” and shows pictures of two scissors facing each other.

The poster is extremely offensive in light of recent events. Police were called to Cruz’s Houston home Tuesday night following a report of a 14-year-old with self-inflicted stab wounds.

“This is a family matter, and thankfully their daughter is okay. There were no serious injuries. The family requests that the media respect their daughter’s privacy at this time,” a spokesperson from Cruz’s office told FOX.

Joking about that situation is tasteless, and the person who created the sign and held it up is classless.

lol yea this owned

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
What's the matter Ted, can't find your scissors?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

im back reading cagematch reviews heres some funny ones

StrongStyle2020 wrote on 30.04.2021:
[7.0] "Rey Fenix has declined as a performer in the past year. His lack of selling, psychology and storytelling that prevent him from becoming one of the top wrestlers in the world has always been there, but his high flying and breath taking offence has also gone down a notch over the past year. Frequent botches are now occurring, which were very rare between 2017 - mid 2020. He's still an entertaining talent, but dropped from the ranks of top performers on a consistent basis."

Damian wrote on 08.03.2021:
[0.0] "Chuck Taylor is what would happen if you took everything I hate about pro wrestling and put them all inside a body. He is the archetype of wrestler I dislike the most. He has an atrocious look, he is a terrible promo, he can't work a character for poo poo and even amongst Indie Darlings he might be one of the absolute worst from an in-ring standpoint. But unfortunately the negatives don't stop there with Chuck. His ironic approach on wrestling devalues everything he touches. He has to do some dumb horseshit attempt of humor in everything he does, like the FTR Weenies or the loving hand grenade, or the hugs etc. Even his Dustin run in Evolve, where he was supposedly a more serious version o him, sucked."

texasyosh wrote on 28.04.2021:
[1.0] "Every time I see Luther on my screen I immediately change the channel. Treating him like some sort of gaijin deathmatch legend is a joke. How the hell did they choose HIM to main event a Dynamite? Are you serious?"

woah a second damian opinion

Damian wrote on 13.05.2020:
[4.0] "When the question is Trent? the answer should be "embarrassing gimmick, zero promo skills, charisma vacuum". He has been the Jannetty in tag teams with Rocky Romero, Chuck Taylor and Caylen Croft."

hmm damian seems like they are gonna have some opinions.

Damian wrote on 13.05.2020:
[4.0] "When the question is Trent? the answer should be "embarrassing gimmick, zero promo skills, charisma vacuum". He has been the Jannetty in tag teams with Rocky Romero, Chuck Taylor and Caylen Croft."

Damian wrote on 20.04.2020:
[5.0] "He (Darby Allen) is the embodiment of "I''m 14 and this is 2007". Tiny, with no muscle in his body, emo-punk skateboarder, truly lives in a society bottom text etc. Edgy dark and moody wannabe Jeff Hardy. His in-ring work is not bad but his character work is trash. He also seems like a very bad human being, so it doesn't help he portrays a babyface."

Damian wrote on
[4.0] "One (Dean Malenko) of the most lethargic, uninteresting, uninspiring nobodies in the history of wrestling. He was solid in the ring. He was like a 7/10. Promos? 0/10. Character work? A solid 2/10. Size? 3/10. Look? 3/10. Yet he has a higher rating than guys like Booker T. What the gently caress wrestling fans."

this person says character work a lot lets check the likes

Damian wrote on 14.06.2021:
[10.0] "It's finally time to revise my rating, and bump it from a 9 to a 10. Roman has improved a lot these past few years. He might even be the best overall package in wrestling today. He looks like a God, he can talk, he can do character work, he is a great babyface and an even better heel and his endless list of classic matches really shows how awesome he is inside the ring."

Damian wrote on 14.01.2020:
[7.0] "My dude's you can't have The Ultimate loving Warrior at 4, 5. He wasn't good in the ring but he could be carried to a good match (but never great) but he was one of the coolest wrestlers around. Great look, great gimmick, great intensity, amazing (but nonsensical) promos, big personality, that dude had everything. If only he could wrestle a bit better he would be an absolute 10."

oh my

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
You can't give Chuck a 0 and then call Trent his Jannetty!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

xbilkis posted:

You can't give Chuck a 0 and then call Trent his Jannetty!

The Best Friends are a rare Double Janetty team.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mr. Squishy posted:

The Best Friends are a rare Double Janetty team.

We call that a Kansas City Janetty

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Roman's endless list of classic matches such as

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

mooseinfants posted:

Roman's endless list of classic matches such as

When he fought the Wyatt Family.

When he fought Evolution.

When... well... those feuds were great!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

that owens match with the handcufs was really good outside the handcuffs

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

the aj styles matches in 2016 were like, pretty good, i guess

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Procrastinator posted:

the aj styles matches in 2016 were like, pretty good, i guess

It's weird the way everyone AJ wrestles puts on a really good show where all their moves seem to hit way harder and they don't get injured. I wonder what it is about AJ that brings that out in people who beat him.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The first Lesnar match back in 2015 was pretty good. The Royal Rumble match against Kevin Owens, the WrestleMania triple threat, the six man tag against the Wyatts, and his title defence against Edge were all very enjoyable. I think his matches with Braun were decent too, an ambulance or stretcher match.

But he's had some absolute stinkers. The endless Brock sequels, those matches against Jey Uso with "epic verbal storytelling", arguably the worst Undertaker WM match since 2006, summoning god to help him beat Finn Balor and dozens more.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I am truly worried about the well being of the Podcasters at this point.

https://twitter.com/JimValley/status/1600890975911841793

Not even saying that you couldn't do fun storyline stuff with Ricky winning, but jeez

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

xbilkis posted:

Not even saying that you couldn't do fun storyline stuff with Ricky winning, but jeez

engagement/hot take brain truly can ruin people's lives

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Jim Valley is correct

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok I'm sure what you're saying is correct but the man said Ricky should be AEW champ and I have to be true to my heart

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lmao when wrestling fans say weird poo poo to try and make their wishes into the correct and logical thing to do. too embarrassed to be a fan

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dr. Baker posted:

Jim Valley is correct

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/HisScarface/status/1600996856925868032?t=_LZUCq2wdXnZgLgh4CwaIw&s=19

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Baker posted:

Jim Valley is correct

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So they think 200k aew fans were so disgusted watching a Colt match that they never will watch again until the apology is as loud as the disrespect?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/TheHitmanPunk/status/1601247542829674496

Big fan of saying "stop blaming these people wrongly, go blame these people wrongly."

There is one person to blame here. CM Punk did poorly with his peers. It seems like he did something to piss off current wrestlers and they don't want to vote for him. So we need to stop blaming people getting votes and blame the right people: the wrestlers who won't vote for Punk for mysterious reasons!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There are so many people tweeting this when Punk's vote percentage went UP this year.

https://twitter.com/BackupHangman/status/1601301827999662080

https://twitter.com/RossWBermanIV/status/1601255887653347328

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm starting to hate Punk stans the way I hate Eminem stans

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

xbilkis posted:

Jim's right and then we can call it MJF's Reign of Error

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Shard posted:

I'm starting to hate Punk stans the way I hate Eminem stans

This except it's Elite stans :v:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

This except it's Elite stans :v:

Starting to think it's stans in general eh

Also takes like this used to be in most forums which is what drew me to SA WH2K back in 2004 because it was one of the few places that didn't seem to post like idiots.

https://twitter.com/WRESTLECringe/status/1601204968463433729

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I bet that guy's name is Stan

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Shard posted:

Starting to think it's stans in general eh

Agreed, it's ok to be a fan of a wrestler (or a wrestling fed, or an actor, or a band, etc.), but nobody should just do so blindly or uncritically carry water for them whenever they do something wrong.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Looking at that guy's feed and drat is it full of red flags.

Also, that tweet in particular is response to one that criticises Sportskeeda for running an article about Twitter blasting TK for the clause and Sportskeeda using Jobber and Junkie as sources. Top quality journalism there.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/ToniLaNae/status/1601039341731852292

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

About Sasha appearing at Wrestle Kingdom

https://twitter.com/WillowGlenHeel/status/1601673067713146880?t=JVVaSRSPw5z-W81hGz8syw&s=19

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

lmao

https://twitter.com/WillowGlenHeel/status/1601674573191483394

https://twitter.com/WillowGlenHeel/status/1601718795122356224

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/herbcampbell/status/1601614486217330689?t=GBGGQDc5VQgwYv1NRwh2zg&s=19

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lamo

If this ends up being true I have more respect for Sasha not falling for HHH snake oil like others have

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
All you losers who watched ROH: Consider yourself owned.

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1601695815185371137

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
But both of those women HAVE been extensively featured on AEW TV. Martinez feuded with Rosa and Athena with Jade.