Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Endorph posted:

shoutout to this tier list with tartag in the same tier as kazuha/nahida and klee in the same tier as fischl. youtubes grasp of the meta is incredible

The weirdest thing to me is Tartaglia in the SS tier.

XQ and Yelan are both units I would see there long before Childe. XL up there is a bit odd as well. I'd say this person is stuck on National comps from a year+ ago, but the XQ placing makes no sense if that were the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Tae posted:

My deck is currently Yoimiya Normal spam because it just seems more consistent than trying to do these "reactions"

Some of the reactions can be pretty useful in some circumstances. Superconduct does peircing damage to your opponent's benched characters, so you can drop fischl, swap to cryo and whittle down the rest of the team. Useful at finishing off a team of hilichurl shooters quickly

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Quicken is pretty good and keqing is not a bad infused-NA spammer.
Her skill even gives you a lightning stiletto card that you can play to swap back to her for free so you can actually do reactions without spending dice to swap back and forth constantly.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Endorph posted:

Everything that has to do with 'bloom' works with Nilou, due to this line

Awesome, thanks! Guess I'd better farm that up since Nilou's team is one of my main ones.

It'll be tough since she has one of my best artifact sets, though (with all possible buffs, including the +HP% food, I can get her to 69k HP).

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

You don't want to put that set on Nilou, instead put it on whoever you have triggering the reactions in your Nilou bloom team.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Tanreall posted:

If you care about speed running Childe is still one of the best characters in the game for it.

this might actually be it. eula in S tier seems weird to me as well but if you're trying to speedrun she used to be really efficient, and I assume still is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

haypliss posted:

Yeah, if you're just using her as a body to hold VV she does have wider value than Gorou, because Petra is annoying to use. The second you pull Sucrose you should be kicking Faruzan to the curb though.
even as a body to hold VV i think anemo traveler would be better

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ardlen posted:

You don't want to put that set on Nilou, instead put it on whoever you have triggering the reactions in your Nilou bloom team.
also yeah though if you have it on nilou it does seem to be a very slight increase over gilded dreams (like 2-6%)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ardlen posted:

Ahh. Would that be Nahida then? There's also Tighnari and Kokomi on that team. I'm not sure who actually triggers that stuff.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i don't think you generally want Tighnari on a Bloom team at all

i did for a while, because he was the only character i had leveled up to "carry" tier at all at the time, but him and Nilou sharing on-field time is just really awkward at best

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Excelzior posted:

archon quest : what did everyone rename Scaramouche and why was it always RhettCaan?

I considered Floatty Bloatty, but the character limit and the fact that the request was sincere made me settle with Quetzal in the end. The aztec symbolism seemed to map surprisingly well onto their situation.

BTW, Nahida's story might imply some interesting things about The Doctor's perspective. Maybe she picked up on more than she told us when she did the mind-reading handshake.

Ytlaya posted:

Wanderer kind of has insane exploration capability. I didn't realize at first that he can fly straight up almost twice as high as Venti/Kazuha (plus zoom around like Yelan on a shorter cooldown).

I definitely think it's nice, but I'm not sure if it beats using a Kazuha jump after climbing a Venti updraft from atop a Zhongli pillar. At least you can still use the pillars as Wanderer, and I doubt there's gonna be any exploration challenges that really benefit from stacking up verticality. Wanderer is probably going to be a significant boost to finding weird places in domains you can fall through the floor or just general interior exploration. The horizontal movement is really nice.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

I'm sure there's some broken elemental reaction deck builds, but man Noelle/XQ/Diluc is great. Sometimes takes a sec to kit up, but once Noelle is rolling she's swinging hard and healing the whole team, and with her 2 energy she's practically always ulting. Only hard part is having enough geo dice, but that's what burning cards is for.

Endorph posted:

shoutout to this tier list with tartag in the same tier as kazuha/nahida and klee in the same tier as fischl. youtubes grasp of the meta is incredible

Xinyan should be C tier, maybe D. Barbara and Sara should be down in C tier too, I'd put Kuki and Collei down there but I haven't actually used them at all so no real idea. Not sure what Shenhe exists for other than to buff two other characters, so dump her thicc rear end down in B tier too.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i did for a while, because he was the only character i had leveled up to "carry" tier at all at the time, but him and Nilou sharing on-field time is just really awkward at best

You can.

Nilou skill (skill finish)
Kokomi skill
Tignari skill (hopefully within the jellyfish area)
poo poo out some arrows
====(even with my poo poo friendship team, things were usually dead here, so I didn't bother. But probably then the following?)====
Nilou burst
Tighnari burst

At this point, Nilou's bloom boon is probably dead and Kokomi's skill cooldown should be nearly over, so start again.

Notably, the 4th person is absent here. That's mostly because my 4th there was Candace and she didn't have anything to add, but also I'm not really sure the timing permits anyone else to hop in. And if you had another dendro you wouldn't be doing this rather idiotic dance, no matter how big the numbers coming out of his arrows are.

Really, just use Collei. Sacrifice a goat or whatever to get her c2, then just use her skill and Nilou's sword dance and enjoy the explosions from real close. It's much nicer. I'm sure Nahida is even better, but I won't get to find out until they run her again, and my dendro mc has tragic energy issues I can't be bothered to sort out, because collei and 3 hydros is just fine.

Don't have anything to say about the bloom artifact set, though. Since collei's more or less my go-to for dendro, and you can't just have artifact sets per character, she's going to stick with her sorta poo poo deepwood set for the foreseeable.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

Xinyan should be C tier, maybe D. Barbara and Sara should be down in C tier too, I'd put Kuki and Collei down there but I haven't actually used them at all so no real idea. Not sure what Shenhe exists for other than to buff two other characters, so dump her thicc rear end down in B tier too.
i mean this kind of raises the problem of what does a tier list actually mean. is it how good they are on how many teams or how good they are on their best team? gorou is itto's best teammate by a longshot but basically only good with itto (and c6 noelle). if we're rating gorou by how many teams he has hes one of the worst characters in the game, if we're rating him by how good he is on the teams he does have hes one of the better supports.

likewise theres basically no team that albedo doesnt help but there's few teams that actually really want him.

theres just no real coherent metric for these things

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

John Lee posted:

I think you want Zhongli for that.

The other 3 members are Yelan, Sayu, and Zhongli.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Endorph posted:

i mean this kind of raises the problem of what does a tier list actually mean. is it how good they are on how many teams or how good they are on their best team? gorou is itto's best teammate by a longshot but basically only good with itto (and c6 noelle). if we're rating gorou by how many teams he has hes one of the worst characters in the game, if we're rating him by how good he is on the teams he does have hes one of the better supports.

likewise theres basically no team that albedo doesnt help but there's few teams that actually really want him.

theres just no real coherent metric for these things

Yeah it's pretty subjective, but I'd say somewhere in between usefulness(I'd lump traversal stuff in here), power, and flexibility(how many teams can they fit in). Like Gorou is a pretty bad character, sure he's amazing for a two geo characters, but has 0 value outside of supporting those characters. Sure I built him to support my Itto because gently caress yeah greatswords, but it sure would have been cool if he did literally anything for other teams.

Albedo is like a F tier because the game hates his flower, otherwise probably A or so, like he would theoretically be pretty good if his mechanic wasn't usually broken by the game or actively harmful.

Also like, the general gist of Mihoyo continuing to make characters like Gorou/Faruzan that will never come close to the OG SSS crew of Xinqui, Xiangling, and Bennet.

Like you said though, no coherent metric, so I could probably be talked around on most of the roster up or down a grade or two.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm very behind on story and stuff, haven't even done the boss fight with the gremlin yet.

But I've caught wind of the spoiler thing you get to choose and that is exactly my kind of sentimental poo poo.

I'm thinking of going with giving him the name Azad (or one of the alternate spellings) which is a name meaning "free" or "unhindered". It feels appropriate to give him a name with that sort of meaning after all the bullshit he went through. Also feels right to give him a name with Middle Eastern origins since he seems more connected to Sumeru now. Also that boy deserves to never go to Inazuma ever again and he shouldn't have to deal with an Inazuman name.

Granted I haven't done story yet so maybe he's still a bastard and I'll change my mind but I'm putting way too much thought into this. :v:

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I was just going to name him Buttface. Because he is a buttface.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

He deserves the same fate as Alphonso imo

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
My Scara is 75/175 with skyward atlas 2 piece venerer 2 piece glad. I would have to farm the new set for so long to match that let alone get an upgrade. Am I seriously going back to farming emblem in december of 2022?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I wish they had made it a +ATK% set so it could be used by nearly everyone instead of like 2 (at best) characters.

That aside, the domain is also kind of annoying to farm, so I'm glad it's not the sets aren't that great.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

I'd put Kuki and Collei down there but I haven't actually used them at all so no real idea.

I say this without a hint of exaggeration, but I sincerely believe that C2 Shinobu's strongest teams are roughly equivalent to C4 Xiangling's. Whatever tier Xiangling goes in, that's where she belongs. But where does Xiangling belong :thunk:

Endorph posted:

i mean this kind of raises the problem of what does a tier list actually mean.

Correct! The second fastest way to know if a tier list is trash is if it doesn't state its purpose. It's an unlabeled graph. Any tier list that even approaches usefulness would be titled something like: 3.3 Spiral Abyss 12/16 Floor 12 for F2P and Low Spenders (C0 Five Stars/C2 Four Stars, craftable and free weapons, no weapon banner).

The fastest way to know if a tier list is trash is that it exists! Everyone that has created one is a sinner :devil:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Kuki is genuinely extremely good and almost mandatory for hyberbloom teams, arguably the easiest braindead Big Damage team, since 3.0. The only other super reliable bloom detonator is Raiden, but Kuki also saves a slot for healing purposes and her kit scales on EM way more than Raiden.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Tae posted:

Kuki is genuinely extremely good and almost mandatory for hyberbloom teams, arguably the easiest braindead Big Damage team, since 3.0. The only other super reliable bloom detonator is Raiden, but Kuki also saves a slot for healing purposes and her kit scales on EM way more than Raiden.

Raiden applies electro faster so she does a bit more damage in hyperbloom teams. But yeah kuki fills that healer role too so shes great.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
Wanderer’s idle animation sound effect where he moans while hocking up phlegm is just awful

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I am happy to report that Wanderer can float above shield mitachurls and kill them by shooting down. S tier.

EDIT: unrelated but layla's normal attack animations are absolutely amazing and nothing like anyone else's.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 9, 2022

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Leathal posted:

Wanderer’s idle animation sound effect where he moans while hocking up phlegm is just awful

ok now i'm really glad I didnt roll for him

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Raiden applies electro faster so she does a bit more damage in hyperbloom teams. But yeah kuki fills that healer role too so shes great.

Using EM Raiden while effective is disgusting and takes away what makes her cool in the first place. It shouldn't be encouraged.:colbert:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I use him largely because the bloom team is my overworld team due to Tighnari's ability to detect Sumeru resources + wanting to avoid electro/pyro so I can get the "normal" fungus drops

Also my Tighnari has really great damage, even if it doesn't really have synergy with the rest of the team. His abilities generally feel good to use (as opposed to someone like Xiao, who is powerful but it sucks rear end just jumping up and down all the time).

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Eimi posted:

Using EM Raiden while effective is disgusting and takes away what makes her cool in the first place. It shouldn't be encouraged.:colbert:

I ended up dropping her from the hyperbloom role because I missed her burst lines :shobon:

Shinobu is good enough at it, even if she doesn't do the funny thing where the hyperblooms trigger the eye, which trigger more hyperblooms.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Good to know, I'll have to keep an eye out for kuki on banners.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

we won the battle against sonic genshin-bros

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

gems please

raiden-mommy needs all she can get

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Our victory this day will echo through history for at least 500 years.

Kale
May 14, 2010

A day that shall live in infamy

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
The streamer I was watching the Game Awards on is huge into FFXIV and was pumped that it won over Genshin. Meanwhile I'm just here going, "who gives a poo poo, I got free primo!"

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1601068389287575553?t=L_Ve4mVvvNy9kqrPnX98VA&s=19

Aww yeah the drip is hitting, literally. This man barely has a drop of rear end but he's just putting it out there.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1601070243543228416

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Oh, I didn't think they were really gonna give out rewards for real. Neat :toot:

Anyway I decided to actually for real check out the Kazu/Venti/Faru/Benny team and it actually works very well! Which is pretty impressive considering my Faru is only level 20. Wondering if it's actually gonna end up being viable to run Fading Twilight on Faru eventually; the team is very high energy since you've got 3 decent anemo particle sources. Feels like once Faru hits C6 it's definitely gonna be viable, but until then it's a bit shaky. Faru herself looks like she might end up doing very decent damage by then. Will be sure to check it out once I pull it 2 or 3 years from now. :v: My only hangup right now is whether or not it's worth it to run 4VV on Faru to shred pyro for Kazu/Venti's infusions and swirls.

Also it's nice to use Isshin on Kazuha and Windblume on Venti unironically. :unsmith:

Edit: So glad I lost 50/50 on Scara now. Gimme Alhaitham. Gimme gimme :pray:

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Dec 9, 2022