Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Co-op campaign IMO

faq says no multiplayer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

I suspect we’ll get Artemis back, since she’s Apollo’s twin sister.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Joke answer: Kratos.

In all honesty, I'd want something maybe more than just Greek - maybe Hector as a boss character.

Or bumping into Atlanta or Diogenes...

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Priapus, god of things that rise
Koalemos, god of stupidity
Kratos, god of instantly being told solutions to puzzles strength

and if we can borrow from Romans, the mighty Cloacina

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Eau de MacGowan posted:

i get why theyre making a sequel to their critically acclaimed commercial smash hit but i was hoping theyd move on to something new

Making a sequel to their critically acclaimed commercial smash hit is the something new they're moving on to this time.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

i get why theyre making a sequel to their critically acclaimed commercial smash hit but i was hoping theyd move on to something new

I absolutely can't fault them for making a sequel to the game that was several times more successful than all of their previous titles put together.

Besides, it's no like getting more Hades is bad.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

BisbyWorl posted:

Zag's going to be so swamped with paperwork that he's basically chained to his father's desk for the entire game.

They already have a built-in reason for why he can't be the player character. Looks like this game happens outside the Underworld, a place Zag literally cannot leave.

It would be very funny if he is stuck doing all the admin while his little sister gets to go out and have all the fun. Also, a good bit of that tragic irony the Greeks love so much.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

SG has more original IP than some major publishers. I kinda feel like their style and spirit of innovation have earned them a sequel. As a treat.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Dec 9, 2022

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Skippy McPants posted:

It would be very funny if he is stuck doing all the admin while his little sister gets to go out and have all the fun. Also, a good bit of that tragic irony the Greeks love so much.

he'd be so terrible at it lol

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Updog Scully posted:

I'm afraid that we've ran out of Olympians to use if we want an original cast. The only original Olympian gods missing from the first game were Apollo (confirmed for Hades 2), Hera, Hestia and Hephaestus. Asides from introducing the three H's, they can either expand beyond the Pantheon or complete the Olympian representation with all 12 gods available.

You could expand to other pantheons, but you could also just use minor non-olympian gods from Greek mythology. There's a ton of them if you include minor ones. This might be the way they're going given that we've seen Nemesis in the game. You could also easily fit Heracles in there, for example. They did real well with Zagreus and I don't think he's the first thing that came to mind if you said 'greek god protagonist' before Hades.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Miftan posted:

You could expand to other pantheons, but you could also just use minor non-olympian gods from Greek mythology. There's a ton of them if you include minor ones. This might be the way they're going given that we've seen Nemesis in the game. You could also easily fit Heracles in there, for example. They did real well with Zagreus and I don't think he's the first thing that came to mind if you said 'greek god protagonist' before Hades.

You also have the Titans running around somewhere. Atlas, Prometheus, and other demi-gods like Hercules too.

Orio
May 16, 2022
Curious if they'll make any big gameplay changes. Interesting to note that the boon descriptions indicate that there'll be some sort of mana system.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I haven't watched the trailer, but one of the many sites reporting on it had a screenshot with Moros in it, who is one of Hypnos and Thanatos' (many) siblings, so you have the rest of that lot to pull from as well.

Ess
Mar 20, 2013
Looking forward to playing a brand new bisexual disaster flirting with more of Nyx's truly staggering number of children.

I'm sure the game will be really fun too.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Gun Jam posted:

So, aside from Hades himself, who do you think will come back from the original game?

(Also, HYPE)

I bet Alecto is the main Fury this time around instead of Meg.

Other than her if they're doing god boons, I'd expect Zeus, Poseidon, and Hermes again at the least, because the first two are big boys and Hermes filled that special niche of haste stuff.

Otherwise, Zag I could see as an NPC, and honestly I wonder if they'll have Persephone in and granting Boons this time around. Also Chaos will almost assuredly show up again since it's Titans we're talking about, and because her other children are involved Nyx will probably be in as well.

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

Fuzz posted:

I bet Alecto is the main Fury this time around instead of Meg.

Other than her if they're doing god boons, I'd expect Zeus, Poseidon, and Hermes again at the least, because the first two are big boys and Hermes filled that special niche of haste stuff.

Otherwise, Zag I could see as an NPC, and honestly I wonder if they'll have Persephone in and granting Boons this time around. Also Chaos will almost assuredly show up again since it's Titans we're talking about, and because her other children are involved Nyx will probably be in as well.

No way, Tisiphone or bust.

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015

Ess posted:

Looking forward to playing a brand new bisexual disaster flirting with more of Nyx's truly staggering number of children.

Betting on Nemesis and Moros..

Also, from steam page:

Left to right: Moros, Apollo, Nemesis, ???, Dora, Hecate.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Gun Jam posted:

Also, from steam page:

So Dora is probably Pandora right?

As far as characters we might see, I'm gonna guess we'll see more of the more famous witches. Maybe Circe or Medea will show up. And if we get Medea we might get Jason since he's her lousy ex who everyone hates.

Lots of potential for cool characters to show up either way as cameos or in more important roles. I imagine we'll have the titans around in various roles too and not all of them will be antagonists. Prometheus in particular is a good candidate to be an ally despite his very good reasons for disliking Zeus.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Gun Jam posted:

Also, from steam page:

Dora? more like aDorable

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Gun Jam posted:

Also, from steam page:

Decent designs but they don't quite have the drip that the hades 1 gods had

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

JuniperCake posted:

So Dora is probably Pandora right?

Dusa x Dora when

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I just started replaying Hades a week ago (trying to work my way up to 32 heat and get the last achievements).

This is some real good news.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I'm torn between getting back into hades to gently caress around a bit or starting over to get the full experience

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Don't Ask posted:

All three will be in the game, but the one you chat with and hang out with will be Alecto, just to change it up.

Hobbes
Sep 12, 2000
Forum Veteran
Dinosaur Gum
Guessing the Titans break free partially because ol' Zag pushes the security measures too far. First 'victory' is making gramps barf him up.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Don't Ask posted:

In a twist, Tisiphone spent too much time around Zagreus and now is unbearably chatty.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Hobbes posted:

Guessing the Titans break free partially because ol' Zag pushes the security measures too far. First 'victory' is making gramps barf him up.

Not the worst weekend Zags has ever had.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Gun Jam posted:

So, aside from Hades himself, who do you think will come back from the original game?

(Also, HYPE)
I'd say all the Olympians will show up in one way on another; think their might be a subplot with Aphrodite and Hephaestus like Orpheus and Eurydice.

I could see Prometheus being the Sisyphus and yeah Herakles showing up

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I feel the true logical conclusion of this franchise is for us to fight Uranus, the Final Dad

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i never 100% Hades but i did get the true ending which is not something i usually bother with. looking forward to this very much.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Lt. Lizard posted:

In a twist, Tisiphone spent too much time around Zagreus and now is unbearably chatty.

But still exclusively, if eloquently, about murder.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Wonderslug posted:

Not murder, murderers.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Wonderslug posted:

Tisiphone, except she listens to too many true crime podcasts.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I would like it if she's somehow even more airheaded than her brother and now he gets to give someone poo poo for being bad at stuff.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Lt. Lizard posted:

Mur... mur... morning Melinoë, how are you doing today? Nice weather we're having, eh?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"Murder. Murderer murderder muderder murder murderer murderer murder, murdermurdermurderer murderer. Murdurer."

"That's beautiful Tsiphone, what was that, Shel Silverstein?"

"Murderer murder."

"Yeah well I don't think Maya Angelou was taking about this chick, she's a deadly as they come."

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

christmas boots posted:

I would like it if she's somehow even more airheaded than her brother and now he gets to give someone poo poo for being bad at stuff.

From the trailer it seems she's definitely a bit more serious and edgier than Zag, but I imagine she'll get some half-boiled treatment where she tries to be tough and it just gets played for laughs a little

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Feldegast42 posted:

Decent designs but they don't quite have the drip that the hades 1 gods had

I have to agree, the original olympians were all super unique but except for Hecate these are pretty samey-looking. also I thought Nemesis was just Wonder Woman for a second.

they're good, just don't have the same pop. were there any image/design changes during Hades' original early access, or can we expect these to be the final versions?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Xelkelvos posted:

From the trailer it seems she's definitely a bit more serious and edgier than Zag, but I imagine she'll get some half-boiled treatment where she tries to be tough and it just gets played for laughs a little

The set up for the plot sounds like it calls for a more serious tone so that doesn't surprise me, I just think it would be really funny.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

indigi posted:

I have to agree, the original olympians were all super unique but except for Hecate these are pretty samey-looking. also I thought Nemesis was just Wonder Woman for a second.

they're good, just don't have the same pop. were there any image/design changes during Hades' original early access, or can we expect these to be the final versions?

There was a placeholder image for unfinished NPCs that was literally a guy in an all concealing hood but I don't think any of the revealed portraits are that.

https://twitter.com/caseyexplosion/status/1350932350398554116

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

indigi posted:

I have to agree, the original olympians were all super unique but except for Hecate these are pretty samey-looking.

I wonder if the sameyness is because they're posed kind of similarly? Maybe the full portraits are more dynamic than these little slices, more like Dio or Aphrodite in the first.