Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cryin' Bryan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

bryan still crying about getting worked by athena

Athena, Io Shirai and Toni Storm, any others to add to the list where it seems like Bryan just doesn't understand that female wrestlers can make something look believably physical? At least outside of Stardom.

I remember it being so funny when Io Shirai came to NXT, kept hitting her super fast moonsault that looked awesome, and every week Bryan would be saying "how does she keep botching her finish? She looks like she's killing these girls!".

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The Athena conversation was just lol Bryan until Mike started screaming BUT NOT SARAYA over and over as though it was the funniest joke and he absolutely had to get it in

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

The new Don Muraco.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

The Athena conversation was just lol Bryan until Mike started screaming BUT NOT SARAYA over and over as though it was the funniest joke and he absolutely had to get it in

will skip, thanks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

wol sucks so bad lately.... it's tough out here being a $12 chump

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Alvarez fantasy booking on WOL: "...knocks him out, covers him, one, two, three... the whole building collapses like in that Arena Mexico show..." :D

Kennel fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 8, 2022

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Wazzu posted:

Athena, Io Shirai and Toni Storm, any others to add to the list where it seems like Bryan just doesn't understand that female wrestlers can make something look believably physical? At least outside of Stardom.

I remember it being so funny when Io Shirai came to NXT, kept hitting her super fast moonsault that looked awesome, and every week Bryan would be saying "how does she keep botching her finish? She looks like she's killing these girls!".

Has he ever complained about Shida that way? She works pretty snug.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

CombineThresher posted:

She's not on TV enough for Bryan to notice :v:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

CombineThresher posted:

Generally Bryan only complains if they have some particular move that they've learned how to do particularly well.

Like how people on the internet said Joey Janela was the worst because he worked out how to do a DVD that looked loving deadly but somehow was perfectly safe.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Excited to see everyone destroy Lance for that dumbass take.

Are the Jack Reacher books just like total paint by numbers bullshit? Dude picks apart literally all wrestling storytelling, but talks about those like they are high art.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

81sidewinder posted:

Are the Jack Reacher books just like total paint by numbers bullshit? Dude picks apart literally all wrestling storytelling, but talks about those like they are high art.

At this point I'm pretty sure it's paid-by-the-word:

https://twitter.com/NickdeSemlyen/status/516661048926298112?s=20&t=QdPgVJRNYNEXk3gr0MZ9GQ

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Can see there why a guy who hates subtlety would like something like that.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

81sidewinder posted:

They're insanely over hyped, but hit all the right buttons in the right order for certain people. A lot of bullshit delivered with a confident voice (which is part of the appeal for some people it's just intelligent enough to be enjoyed sincerely, just dumb enough to have an ironic distance).

If you want insane competence machismo, the Parker series by Richard Stark are 10000x better.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

fez_machine posted:

They're insanely over hyped, but hit all the right buttons in the right order for certain people. A lot of bullshit delivered with a confident voice (which is part of the appeal for some people it's just intelligent enough to be enjoyed sincerely, just dumb enough to have an ironic distance).

If you want insane competence machismo, the Parker series by Richard Stark are 10000x better.

I um you know I mean um Richard Starks Richard Starks

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Observer Hall of Fame issue is out!

New Entrants:
Akira Taue & Toshiaki Kawada
Mistico
Kota Ibushi
Tetsuya Naito
Los Villanos
Rollerball Mark Rocco
Lou Daro
Johnny Doyle

Missing out:
Argentina Rocca & Miguel Perez 57%
Sgt. Slaughter 57%
Los Hermanos Dinamita 57%
Jack & Jerry Brisco 53%
Rick & Scott Steiner 52%
Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith 52%
George Kidd 51%
Paul Orndorff 50%

Less than 10% of all votes from a region and dropped from next year’s ballot:
Adrian Adonis & Jesse Ventura, Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty, Blackjack Mulligan, Harley Race & Larry Hennig, Kinji Shibuya & Masa Saito, Mr. Wrestling I & II, Jerry Lawler & Bill Dundee, New Age Outlaws, Riki Choshu & Animal Hamaguchi, Naomichi Marufuji, Rito Romero, L’Ange Blanc, Ricki Starr, Lord James Blears

Dropped from next year’s ballot due to the 15 year/50 percent rule:
Rocky Johnson, Enrique Torres

Will be dropped next year if not getting at least 50 percent:
Big Daddy. Kendo Nagasaki, Jackie Pallo, Sgt. Slaughter

Added to next year’s ballot:
Jon Moxley, Seth Rollins, Young Bucks, The Beauty Pair (Jackie Sato & Mach Fumiake)

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Dec 9, 2022

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

young bucks and mox are in at first time of asking next year surely

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Moxley isn't a first ballot hall of famer, come on now.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He’s probably going to get close

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Stall_19 posted:

Moxley isn't a first ballot hall of famer, come on now.

You forget that the biggest marks are in the back, dudebrotherjack

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
CM Punk 41% (up from 33)
Edge 33% (up from 32)
Randy Orton 32% (up from 27)
Roman Reigns 31% (new)
The Hardys 30% (up from 24)
Becky Lynch 20% (new)

Kennel fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Dec 9, 2022

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Ishii held steady at 38%. I wonder if he makes it in they'll stop pronouncing his name wrong?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

young bucks should be first ballot unanimous but we'll see how the Historians vote :razzy:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I expect they'll probably get the same % Kenny got despite being pretty open and shut but hey Okada and Kobashi didn't get 100%. Hall of Fame voters gonna be Hall of Fame voters

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Feel Punks subsequent chances are going to get smaller despite the fact he should probably be in by now

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

Feel Punks subsequent chances are going to get smaller despite the fact he should probably be in by now

Punk's case before his AEW run was 'pre-WWE Sting, but way worse', then his AEW run involved drawing some good numbers and then showing that if he had been given the chance to be the top guy he'd have probably hosed it up all on his own.

Based on the history of voters Punk's chances were already small barring one more major run, and I don't think AEW helped him much.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Punk's case before his AEW run was 'pre-WWE Sting, but way worse', then his AEW run involved drawing some good numbers and then showing that if he had been given the chance to be the top guy he'd have probably hosed it up all on his own.

Based on the history of voters Punk's chances were already small barring one more major run, and I don't think AEW helped him much.

If Edge's comeback hurt his chances with voters I can't see this return run helping Punk.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Edge’s return was much sadder and way less entertaining

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Edge's return hurt his case because he was ratings poison and wrestled exclusively 45 minute snoozers. Punk at least was a major PPV and ratings draw, until he wasn't. I don't think he was getting in even if he didn't flip out and ruin a company for 6 months but the two situations are pretty different

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'm talking about Edge in the past tense but he's still on that show isn't he lol

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

even if he is on the show, you were speaking in the right tense

1glitch0 posted:

If Edge's comeback hurt his chances with voters I can't see this return run helping Punk.

imo Punk's return to AEW proved two things, 1) that he is a big ole draw 2) that he is a messy bitch, the most powerful wrestling archetype there is, and thusly a guaranteed hall of famer. when he re-returns the Elite vs. Punk/FTR angle is going to clinch it for him

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
so did punk ever get fired from AEW or what

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so did punk ever get fired from AEW or what

He is currently healing from injuring himself and will either be fired when he is healthy or brought back when he is healthy

Depending on professionalism and ability to behave like an adult on all sides, of course

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Fired then

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

rotinaj posted:

Depending on professionalism and ability to behave like an adult on all sides, of course

looking forward to match 7 of Elite/Death Triangle when Kenny comes out with a huge lump on top of one of his rear end cheeks

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Aye Doc posted:

looking forward to match 7 of Elite/Death Triangle when Kenny comes out with a huge lump on top of one of his rear end cheeks

I am already crushing a bunch of glass to put into a dixie cup to masturbate with when AEW releases a video of kenny’s rear end and lower back

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Aye Doc posted:

even if he is on the show, you were speaking in the right tense

imo Punk's return to AEW proved two things, 1) that he is a big ole draw 2) that he is a messy bitch, the most powerful wrestling archetype there is, and thusly a guaranteed hall of famer. when he re-returns the Elite vs. Punk/FTR angle is going to clinch it for him

gently caress Elite v Punk FTR in a war games match would poo poo money if only because people would tune in to see who takes the fall

Presumably one of FTR lol.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

algebra testes posted:

gently caress Elite v Punk FTR in a war games match would poo poo money if only because people would tune in to see who takes the fall

Presumably one of FTR lol.

Cash: Yeah..... one of....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I expect they'll probably get the same % Kenny got despite being pretty open and shut but hey Okada and Kobashi didn't get 100%. Hall of Fame voters gonna be Hall of Fame voters

I will never forgive David Bix admitting on these forums he used his vote not to vote for Okada because "he was getting in anyway".