Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Escape From Noise posted:

I know two brewers who were featured in it.

this kind of rules because i have always wanted to run a d and d session where we break in the middle for a meal at the inn and i've made a huge big appropriate to setting meal, and the we resume play.

there is this craft brewing simulator video game and i thought it'd be neat to have bottles onhand and when you complete the process in game you crack it and have a sip.

along these lines reading the craft brew manga with the craft brews at hand would be pretty fun.

i also thought a cool thing would be packing a candle in with a cd that had different scents in it and it would burn the length of the album and provide a changing scentscape.

this post quickly became something else.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

i'm weirdly looking forward to my next shift. we moved some of our most difficult to care for residents into new facilities this week so things should be pretty simple unless the people who move in are as bad, but that should not be the case.

barclayed

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"
i am about to leave this job for the final time. it is strange. a year and a half and it's the longest i've worked at one place so far. but tomorrow i get to pack up my dorm and move back home so it is a win-loving-win situation.

"What I wouldn't give to return to those halcyon days."

Escape From Noise

Somehow the Belgian dark strong is selling well out of the gate. That's really surprising to me, but definitely cool. Today I saw a woman order a big mug of it which...:rip:. That poo poo's strong! Our customer's tastes keep kind of surprising me. The more traditional styles, even outside the more accessible pale ale or Vienna lager area. I'm into it, but not really what I expected.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Somehow the Belgian dark strong is selling well out of the gate. That's really surprising to me, but definitely cool. Today I saw a woman order a big mug of it which...:rip:. That poo poo's strong! Our customer's tastes keep kind of surprising me. The more traditional styles, even outside the more accessible pale ale or Vienna lager area. I'm into it, but not really what I expected.

That's incredible news!!! Good job brewing great beer!

That gives me hope for the market too. Traditional beers are traditional for a reason, maybe the bosses will get it now.

Escape From Noise

Holland Oates posted:

That's incredible news!!! Good job brewing great beer!

That gives me hope for the market too. Traditional beers are traditional for a reason, maybe the bosses will get it now.

I think I have a sort of odd customer base. The brown ale has also been selling well. I'm all for it but it definitely keeps surprising me.

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
About to sit through media training.
I know better than to post poo poo about work online and I don't do much outward facing work so can please just skip this and go nap at my desk get some work done?

Escape From Noise

DaChurl

drat, gotta learn to fish.

Edit: Ok, seems like once you cast your rod you wait for the controller to vibrate and an exclamation mark to appear over your head. Hit square quickly to hook the fish, then tap X to move the bar so the fish icon remains in range while you reel it in. More valuable fish move faster/more erratically and an upgraded rod is required to use bait and lures. Increasing your fishing level will expand your bar and up your reel-in speed.

DaChurl fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Dec 9, 2022

barclayed

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"

DaChurl posted:

drat, gotta learn to fish.

Edit: Ok, seems like once you cast your rod you wait for the controller to vibrate and an exclamation mark to appear over your head. Hit square quickly to hook the fish, then tap X to move the bar so the fish icon remains in range while you reel it in. More valuable fish move faster/more erratically and an upgraded rod is required to use bait and lures. Increasing your fishing level will expand your bar and up your reel-in speed.

oh i love stardew valley

emSparkly

I'm open to interpretation!
Help I put on my sandals today without thinking but only noticed when I was halfway to work so now I'm stuck at my desk and I can't leave or else everyone will see my sandals.

I am a patient they.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

emSparkly posted:

Help I put on my sandals today without thinking but only noticed when I was halfway to work so now I'm stuck at my desk and I can't leave or else everyone will see my sandals.

Send out a company wide email telling everyone "Did you know? It's International Sandal Day"

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
What's wrong with sandals? Sandals and thongs own bones

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Heather Papps

hello friend

every time i am forced by the demands of nature to put on socks and shoes i can feel my flame grow dimmer.

sandals are the way.

Escape From Noise

Sounds like a real sandal scandal

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

as a manager, sandals are fine and you are fine and if anyone says anything just greyrock their asses all day

DaChurl

I sometimes think the reason I've stayed at my job so long is ultimately because there's no real dress code (unless you know you're going to see a client) and I can wear flip flops all spring, summer and fall without anyone saying anything about it.

Escape From Noise

As catty as I was being about the name chosen I do think using "amber" in the name ended up being a very good move. As much as having decent product helps, you also need to entice people and I think "dark" may have stopped a lot of people from trying it under the assumption it was black and stout like, and those people who do like dark beers would maybe be disappointed. Still surprised at the reception but it's nice.

Escape From Noise

I just saw the label design that the owner of the brewery I used to work for went with for one of their latest beers and uh...gross, dude.

Escape From Noise

Yes. Let's focus on winning awards and entering into awards you win so long as you pay a registration fee. This what will build our outside sales reach. I'm sure waiting 2-3 days to respond if you respond at all to emails from customers with order requests is just fine. It's not really important. Brands are built on awards.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Leaving oldjob and starting newjob has been a wild turnaround. What do you mean, we have budget for this? I can just open a ticket for hardware I need? People acknowledging my working hours when scheduling meetings? Posting explanations as a followup to “this is fixed?!”

If I’m dreaming no one wake me up.

Ass-penny

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i'm in the office today and the only snacko's in here are one tiny "individual serving" of Prongles and a box of All Bran. how do i get out of this chickenshit outfit

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i got myself some ice cream, cookies, and egg nog. i think i'll survive

emSparkly

I'm open to interpretation!
Interviewed for a different position today again. I feel better about getting this one, and the interviewer lady was really nice. Uuuugh I'm gonna be stuck answering phones forever aren't I?

Escape From Noise

My former coworker at that garbage fire I worked for in Wakayama last year is living in Tokyo and getting married next year.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Escape From Noise

I'm supposed to make a Belgian wit with cherry blossoms at the beginning of next year. I'm on board with this but I'm sort of worried that there's an expectation that the cherry blossoms will turn the beer pink. They won't. I'm kind of torn between letting them know in order to temper expectations, and not saying anything so nobody starts mentioning food dye. Right now I'm leaning towards the latter. If they are disappointed I can work on "fixing" it next time.

more falafel please

forums poster

I'm supposed to make a Belgian wit with cherry blossoms at the beginning of next year. I'm on board with this but I'm sort of worried that there's an expectation that the cherry blossoms will turn the beer pink. They won't. I'm kind of torn between letting them know in order to temper expectations, and not saying anything so nobody starts mentioning food dye. Right now I'm leaning towards the latter. If they are disappointed I can work on "fixing" it next time.

i don't think the flavors would work well in a wit, but you could add some hibiscus too, which would give it a pink hue, but also some fruity tartness that probably isn't what you're going for

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Escape From Noise

more falafel please posted:

i don't think the flavors would work well in a wit, but you could add some hibiscus too, which would give it a pink hue, but also some fruity tartness that probably isn't what you're going for

If they really want color I may try just steeping a small amount of black wheat malt. In the meantime, I'm probably just not going to worry about it or mention it, which could raise expectations.

The other issue is the only available cherry blossoms are salted so I may try for a gose instead.

Farecoal

There he go
What's wrong with food coloring?

Escape From Noise

Farecoal posted:

I don't like crossing that line with beer. I think it's chinsy and takes away from the finished product. I also am just not a fan and in something as thin as beer it could possibly add weird flavors.

Chewbecca

Farecoal posted:

not much, whats wrong with food coloring with you?

Escape From Noise

I guess for me it denotes a lower form of quality like of someone made a rosé wine with food dye, or how lower quality brown spirits use caramel color to achieve a darker brown color, or those flavored vodkas that are unnatural snow cone colors. While some of these food dyes aren't great for you, they're probably relatively harmless in the long run, but while I'm obviously trying to move product, I'm not trying to move tons of it and it comes off as cheapening what I've produced. It also reminds me of two breweries that are somewhat popular for their brightly colored beers that I think taste like garbage. They're very sweet and colored this way because the brewers add colored syrups to the finished beers. I cannot do this even if I wanted to because I don't have a filter and back sweetening like that makes me very nervous about getting secondary fermentation in bottles leading to them exploding. I also think these beers are just gross as well. If you want to drink highballs, go ahead and have those. I'm not really interested in making overpriced Smirnoff Ice.

On top of that, the company I work for barely even puts out announcements on their social media when I release new beers and often forgets to provide people with the separate beer menu and don't promote the fact that we produce our own beers on site. So, even if I added the dye I don't think the color would do much for sales due to the fact that almost nobody ordering it would even know.

My other issue is that I could "add color" to beer completely naturally without the risk of weird flavors using fruits, certain flower teas, etc. I like those colors, but when adding dyes I think there's also the risk of having to add a fairly large amount in order to overcome the natural yellow color of the base beer. I've had some really nice pink beers with guava, raspberry, cherry, etc.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Dec 16, 2022

Farecoal

There he go
That all makes sense, sorry if that question came off as hostile. I didn't mean it that way!

Escape From Noise

Farecoal posted:

That all makes sense, sorry if that question came off as hostile. I didn't mean it that way!

Oh, no I get it. I just wrote a novel.

Ass-penny

have a job interview today. I'm not convinced that I should switch back to working days, and also agree to drive across the entire metro area to work but I figured I may as well go in and see what's up.

Chewbecca

rear end-penny posted:

have a job interview today. I'm not convinced that I should switch back to working days, and also agree to drive across the entire metro area to work but I figured I may as well go in and see what's up.

Good luck and/or how did it go?!

Ass-penny

Chewbecca posted:

Good luck and/or how did it go?!

Thanks! It went pretty well. They make horror props and it looked pretty sweet. They are considering me for mold making but that department isn't really set up at all yet, they said it might be a month or three before they really hire for it. I kind of liked most of the people I met, gently caress am I really going to go back to regular people hours and driving 45+ minutes in rush hour?:shepicide:

Chewbecca

rear end-penny posted:

Thanks! It went pretty well. They make horror props and it looked pretty sweet. They are considering me for mold making but that department isn't really set up at all yet, they said it might be a month or three before they really hire for it. I kind of liked most of the people I met, gently caress am I really going to go back to regular people hours and driving 45+ minutes in rush hour?:shepicide:

Commuting does suck a big one but drat, that job sounds pretty cool if you get it!! Fingers and toes that the ball is in your court to decide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Farecoal posted:

Hey I just wanted to come back to say I wasn't angry about what you said. It just kinda got me thinking and I sorta vomited it all out.