Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

republican house might pass it next term. incoming senate class is not so different to take it up again. a couple senate republicans loving hate changing the clock so it feels like they are the main force behind it.
im sure theres some dst lobby that owns the patents that let your microwave change the clock automatically that is very against the proposals

yeah but if it passes everyone will have to buy new microwaves that use 5G to update automatically (and send data to the NSA), it's a golden opportunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

paul_soccer12 posted:

Finally real change is within reach!

lol

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

It's ok, Feinstein is on top of it!

https://twitter.com/EricMGarcia/status/1600614932227260416

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

ok great grandma, time to get into the forever box

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret
Sinema no longer a dem.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The Lemondrop Dandy posted:

Sinema no longer a dem.

Was she ever a Dem at all :thunk:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

she was actually talking about the new ethnic cleaning staff

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

projecthalaxy posted:

Was she ever a Dem at all :thunk:

She never fit perfectly in either national party. One truly wonders what could have been if the Democrats had only been more tolerant and open-minded of true mavericks.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

FistEnergy posted:

I'm sure D&D is doing a lot of soul searching tonight with this policy and PR failure and a realization that the Democrats have picked capital over labor, right

I spoke with all my local union peeps and they agree with Biden :colbert:

I'm worried you might be denying their bodies, and their spaces. I hope that my worry is unfounded.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

ex post facho posted:

how about illegal weed, illegal abortion, no student loan relief, and this

the demokkkrats want to turn your red eye flight into a pink eye flight :sad:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Ytlaya posted:

I spoke with all my local union peeps and they agree with Biden :colbert:

I'm worried you might be denying their bodies, and their spaces. I hope that my worry is unfounded.
It was really weird that I saw multiple people lying about this before the member vote on the Biden brokered deal. Like who goes into a leftist shitposting group and says "Actually OP, I work in the railroad industry and everyone I talked to wants this version of the deal" only to evaporate and never post again if asked questions like "Are you part of the union?"

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I hope Sinema continues to hold her seat as an independent.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i suspect the democrats aren't going to run anyone against her and will say it's too dangerous to do so because it will split the vote and let a Republican win

there will be accusations of hypocrisy because oh you want the dems to unseat sinema but bernie being an independent is ok?

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 20:34 on Dec 9, 2022

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Hahahaha

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

country ran by dementia ghouls

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

eXXon posted:

She never fit perfectly in either national party. One truly wonders what could have been if the Democrats had only been more tolerant and open-minded of true mavericks.

It's hard out there for a conservative brony.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
gonna lmao if they let her keep her committee assignments

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
They will

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1601256698232115201

Cuck Schumer

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

republican house might pass it next term. incoming senate class is not so different to take it up again. a couple senate republicans loving hate changing the clock so it feels like they are the main force behind it.
im sure theres some dst lobby that owns the patents that let your microwave change the clock automatically that is very against the proposals

I bought an alarm clock back in 2007 right before they changed the dates. I wasn’t really paying attention so I didn’t realize it had an automatic time change function and I wasn’t really tracking the dst change regardless. Anyway I had that stupid clock for like five years and it would change itself and I’d have to change it back and then change it again a week later

loving hated that stupid clock

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Vote

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
She needs a reward for those backroom deals she made to not go independent or R back when they could get rid of her

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Dems best move is to just buy her off. Give her some sinecure at the Brookings Institute or something if she retires.

Although her approval among Dems is lower than the Republicans and Independents. Possible she splits more GOP votes in a 3-way race than Democratic ones

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

she's going to be a democrat in all but name. the democrats don't recruit or fund dem candidates to run against bernie or angus king. back when lieberman became an independent they didnt punish him at all either

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Shear Modulus posted:

she's going to be a democrat in all but name. the democrats don't recruit or fund dem candidates to run against bernie or angus king. back when lieberman became an independent they didnt punish him at all either

Yes, it's a great gimmick. She can continue to do her part in making sure nothing good happens in the senate, the dems can play even more innocent, AND she can't get primaried. Good for her and the dems.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Shear Modulus posted:

Right. She's only in this position as a rotating villain to grant cover for other dems who would vote the same way if things really came down to 1 vote. Just like with Lieberman.
Robert Reich continues to bet on winning horses

I'm also pretty sure he's running his own fb page, because only a geriatic would think this was a good post. -Don't bother reading it, just check out the length of his full novella that's an excerpt from

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Shear Modulus posted:

The AZ democratic party loving hates her and already has a popular candidate lined up who was going to crush her. So far, they don't seem to be singing a different tune after this move and a 3-way race seems likely.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Coolness Averted posted:

-Don't bother reading it

Way ahead of you!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

heated game moment posted:

Way ahead of you!

I just wanted to post that screenshot because the post kept going and I was curious if my 'extend screenshot' button would eventually pop up a warning about a 15 meg 640×9999999999999 picture being too large or something.
Seriously who thinks people will read that long of an fb post about how great the dems and scary (but weak) trump is?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Coolness Averted posted:

I just wanted to post that screenshot because the post kept going and I was curious if my 'extend screenshot' button would eventually pop up a warning about a 15 meg 640×9999999999999 picture being too large or something.
Seriously who thinks people will read that long of an fb post about how great the dems and scary (but weak) trump is?

He's reichtarded

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Perhaps his origin story is reading every Galtse that gets posted.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the Democrats are loving garbage

https://mobile.twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1602719219526901760

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lmao @ "some of the arguments made [to condemn Saudia Arabia's genocide in Yemen] could complicate the effort to back Ukraine in its war against Russia"

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/travtravtrav/status/1602725298197254144

Can we compromise at 'some blood for oil, miniature American flags for all'?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

No, blood for oil

Weka
May 5, 2019

America has oil for blood.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

america's genetically predisposed due to high triglycerides and a lust for death

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Blood and Oil

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

biceps crimes posted:

america's genetically predisposed due to high triglycerides and a lust for death

i got on fenofibrate for that. rip my triglycerides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

PostNouveau posted:

The AZ democratic party loving hates her and already has a popular candidate lined up who was going to crush her. So far, they don't seem to be singing a different tune after this move and a 3-way race seems likely.

The question is if the laws the democrats and republicans in Arizona worked together to pass to limit who is on the ballot apply to incumbents. Because as far as I can tell rules as written you need something like 35,000 signatures to appear on the ballot as an independent. Maybe she can join the Libertarians or something.