Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't be thrilled to attend the TGA awards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Guys I didn't win. You're welcome for upping your chances.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It’s weird how Microsoft owns like half of all the game studios now and there was not a single announcement from any of them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Detective No. 27 posted:

It’s weird how Microsoft owns like half of all the game studios now and there was not a single announcement from any of them.

If all of Microsoft's studios just bleed money from them for 10 years and never release any games, more power to them.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

they don't make or release any games, it's sad but true

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Microsoft don’t necessarily care about if they make games as long as they’re not releasing them on other platforms

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

John F Bennett posted:

Didn't watch the game oscars because it was during sleeptime, but looks like I didn't miss anything. Seems like only the big games won something, same thing as every year.

Also no unexpected announcements were made and Xbox didn't have a presence?

New Armored Core by From Software ... I've never played that franchise but robots are cool.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

There are one or two not so good armored cores but in general it’s a pretty good franchise. I’m excited to see what ideas they’ve gotten in the many years since the last one.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they tied all their big franchises up with live service games that they didn't maintain as a live service. idk what's going on with the other ones. Bethesda is gonna release starfield in like 2028 probably or some poo poo and it's gonna suck but everyone will pretend to like it for a year in the games subforum and we'll have a 40,000 page mod thread where people argue about what makes a mod cringe or not. the inevitable doom sequel will actually mail you a cease and desist if you try to experiment or explore for too long this time.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Lammasu posted:

So where all the translators Japanese Americans? They all seemed to have American accents.

Most people in Japan who become proficient in English as a second language will have American accents. This what most Japanese job offers that leverage English want, and also where the bulk of learning resources hail from (both in terms of recorded learning material, and actual teachers). You will occasionally have Japanese people who are proficient English speakers but have another accent like a British accent, but that usually requires a unique set of circumstances (e.g. moved to the UK when they were 12 due to family work and didn't return to live in Japan until adulthood). Japan is also a bit weird in some regions, like there are major US military bases in Japan and there are some areas that can be surprisingly close to American military towns as a result. I spent New Year's in Hiroshima back in I think 2007, at a club that catered heavily to the US soldiers stationed there. You would legit not know you were in Japan from inside the club, the patrons were almost all Americans speaking American English.

Most language learning has some form of regional bias, e.g. if you're learning French you're going to learn Parisian French and have a hell of a time in Quebec as a result. For English this is a bit regional I think (I believe English learning in Africa is more British English-oriented), but in Japan and I think most of Southeast Asia it's very US English-focused. For learning Japanese there's also a very weird quirk where most Japanese language teachers are women. This gets further exacerbated for guys who get Japanese girlfriends and start learning to speak Japanese through them. There's a lot of gendered language in Japanese that's kind of subtle and not really covered in formal JSL learning, so it's not uncommon for guys learning Japanese to reach a point where their Japanese is "good" but they speak like a dainty lady and don't realize it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is that how Tim Rogers talks

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i would love to know what that weird zen flute guy from e3 like 7 years ago sounded like in Japanese

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

Is that how Tim Rogers talks

No I think that’s just Tim.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

MarcusSA posted:

People did when it came out.

I completely missed it somehow. Just looked up the release date and I guess it's because I was deep in Elden Ring at the time

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

prom candy posted:

I completely missed it somehow. Just looked up the release date and I guess it's because I was deep in Elden Ring at the time

I think it also has its own thread fyi.

Edit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3997107&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

External Organs fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Dec 9, 2022

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I remember literally posting 'why aren't you playing elden ring' at people talking about it lol. and the only reason i was even reading this thread was because i took 4 days off from work and beat the game within a week lol.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Escobarbarian posted:

Phil Spencer was there but the one time they showed him he looked pretty unhappy. Maybe there was something else on his mind? Who can say

That's because the one time they showed him it was during the crash bandicoot section, which probably a tender subject for him right now

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I was also pretty unhappy being exposed to the crash bandicoot moba

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Nah they showed him at the start and he looked mega grumpy. He had a cromulent fuckcrustable of a day.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Escobarbarian posted:

Phil Spencer was there but the one time they showed him he looked pretty unhappy. Maybe there was something else on his mind? Who can say
"I could be playing Vampire Survivors right now"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Escobarbarian posted:

He was thinking about silksong

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Ruffian Price posted:

"I could be playing Vampire Survivors right now"

Jokes on him, he could've just downloaded it on his phone!!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Omnikin posted:

Jokes on him, he could've just downloaded it on his phone!!

Can't. It's not available on Windows Phone.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

He was thinking about silksong

what's that, sounds like a game that's never coming out

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They were about to announce the release date at the game awards before that terrorist interrupted everything

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

That's why he was mad

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

it's probably like almost done, any day now i bet

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

ErrEff posted:

It's not a GTA 6 trailer, but, uhhhhhh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1P_pvpYawg

...it's someone's GTA fangame made flesh.

Makes me think of all of those GTA clones from the early '00s like True Crime and stuff. I honestly thought it was Volition going "Okay, here's Saint's Row for real, sorry" until I saw the title.

Michael Madsen was not in great shape for that presentation.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
any crime game with michael madsen just makes me think of Driv3r

acksplode
May 17, 2004

ErrEff posted:

Lol this cast. All the cheapest names that you might possibly recognize

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Just started playing Shredder's Revenge because I need some easy achievements for a weekly and this game loving rules. My brother and I played TMNT 2 Arcade a ton way back and this is pretty much that.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

acksplode posted:

Lol this cast. All the cheapest names that you might possibly recognize

ErrEff posted:

Is it me or is that image of Chuck Norris just literally this Walker Texas Ranger promo photo

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

ErrEff posted:

Weird I was just watching that episode of the Simpsons with Kim Basinger this morning and wonder what ever happened to her.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Gonna play that. I miss crime slop.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I don't understand how a game like that just appears out of nowhere with a release date in 3 months. No actual gameplay footage. But it obviously wasn't cheap.

e: it looks like its actually more Payday 2 than GTA

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Played NARC(2005) last week. It was better than 50 Cent Bulletproof.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Loaded up VS to grab a screenshot and noticed they added 2 new challenges (and a whole new level) since the last time I played so of course I had to start up a run.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1601340742290530306?s=46&t=7FfXxd-8N46Ce-fb6m_NKg

Still got it baby.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Disposable Scud posted:

Played NARC(2005) last week. It was better than 50 Cent Bulletproof.

I'd be more excited to find a dog turd inside a blu-ray case than 50 Cent Bulletproof tbf.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Pennsylvanian posted:

I'd be more excited to find a dog turd inside a blu-ray case than 50 Cent Bulletproof tbf.

Yea it was straight trash. Blood on the Sand was a million times better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

John F Bennett posted:

Didn't watch the game oscars because it was during sleeptime, but looks like I didn't miss anything. Seems like only the big games won something, same thing as every year.

Also no unexpected announcements were made and Xbox didn't have a presence?

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/1601117207173308416

Gonna laff if they start off 2023 with announcing delays