Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Caesar Saladin posted:

I really liked Death Stranding like, a lot. But it definitely doesn't need a sequel, it kinda did its thing and pulled it off as well as it could have. Don't really need more box-carrying gameplay.

In this one you are the box.

It was my destiny to be here;
in the box.
I can't put it into words. I feel... safe.
Like this is where I was meant to be.
Like I'd found the key to true happiness.
You should come inside the box...
Then you'll know what I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Super Mario 3 was the best Mario game, and they should have stopped making them after that.

Mario 64 was basically the Avatar of video games, a great technological achievement for its time, but was not actually very good.

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica
This Transformers game they just announced looks terrible. I'll still play it but I'll be grumpy that it's not Devastation 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfGve3_bVJc

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
THey should make more RAMPAGE games

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Literally A Person posted:

gently caress yeah

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?
I hate the entire concept of progression and loot and it has ruined modern games for me. I just wanna play stuff I don't want to compare two practically identical weapons to see which has the slighter stat increase.

Left 4 Dead was and still is the best co-op shooter. It had a good progression system in that you progress by getting better at the game and the reward is you are better at the game. You find a cool new weapon by actually picking it up off the ground and using it instead of collecting 10 bits of bullshit currencies to combine to form a .4% better pointy stick.

I have tried to get into Vermintide but I cannot stand all that loving guff with the crafting. Back in my day, when we finished a L4D level, we went onto the next one. Now everyone has to spend ten loving minutes dicking around with their fancy hats and lootboxes before we can get back to smashing heads.

All this loot and leveling bullshit also makes it so much harder to onboard newbies. My friend 'taught us' Vermintide but really it felt like walking around with a loving babysitter because his high level character could effortlessly swat away enemies that we had to work at because he had played a sufficient number of hours and we had not.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Those were good, simple minded fun. I think me and a friend actually made it to the moon once on world tour.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

License Teardown's engine.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Looked cool but moved way too fast

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica

My local barcade has a Rampage machine and like all the others it's free to play after you pay for the first credit. Probably my favourite arcade game and yeah, it needs another sequel.

Anyway, here's another game that got announced at the Game Awards and it has pretty much every has-been actor you could think of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX3NIQUCFdA

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

ewww chuck norris

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Caesar Saladin posted:

Don't really need more box-carrying gameplay.

Yeah I'm hoping there are some new base gameplay mechanics. I don't think I'd be down to traipse around with stacks of boxes again.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Wasn't Rampage that basic rear end game where you play as godzilla or king kong and climb up skyscrapers and punch them until they crumble down? That poo poo wasn't even fun when I was a child, what the hell is wrong with you morons?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Yeah Rampage kicked rear end

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Devils Affricate posted:

Wasn't Rampage that basic rear end game where you play as godzilla or king kong and climb up skyscrapers and punch them until they crumble down? That poo poo wasn't even fun when I was a child, what the hell is wrong with you morons?

Maybe you just suck at liking video games??

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Terror of Hemasaurus

Came out in October and it's a lot of fun.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Private Cumshoe posted:

Yeah Rampage kicked rear end

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Devils Affricate posted:

:frogout:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I've played TI-85 games with more engaging gameplay. I get that it's considered a classic and some people have fond memories, but no, you don't actually want to sit down and play Rampage again, you're just being a nostalgia dork

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

FrumpleOrz posted:

Terror of Hemasaurus

Came out in October and it's a lot of fun.

I like how the reviews are very positive except for ones complaining about climate change or some poo poo

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Private Cumshoe posted:

I like how the reviews are very positive except for ones complaining about climate change or some poo poo

I had the same reaction when I checked them out. A whole bunch of "this is a fun update on the concept from Rampage" and then a couple people frothing at the mouth at this politicized game!!1!1.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Sadly, attempts to modernize Rampage inevitably fall short of the original

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica
Come now, World Tour on playstation was decent.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
bet this Rampage hater hates katamari damacy too

you just roll a building into another building, where's the deep gameplay

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Katamari Damacy is great, don't soil its good name by comparing it to Rampage

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Private Cumshoe posted:

bet this Rampage hater hates katamari damacy too

You keep katamari damacy's name out of your drat mouth

this thread is a safe space for unpopular opinions but the line must be drawn

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

A farting mink posted:

Come now, World Tour on playstation was decent.

I played this last weekend and it's really bad, the 3d design doesn't work too well in a rampage game and the controls have a very stiff and clunky feeling to them

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

OK here is my N64 confession: I liked Quest 64 so much that I played through it twice. I honestly think this game had some cool poo poo in it, mainly the levelling & mix-n-match element magic systems and combat where you could move around freely without a grid, there was an element of tactics in your movement and position on the field relative to the enemies. It was all a bit undercooked yes but still unique & interesting. The story is poo poo, Secret of Mana's mutilated and rushed story feels fleshed out and polished compared to Quest's, the cozy setting and music was neat though. I feel like there was a great game buried under all this mess, with more time and effort it could have been a much needed well liked RPG title for the system.

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica
The best video game song ever is Sagila's Cave from Rygar on the NES. Here's an old video of a friend of mine wailing away at it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY0TtijUsyo

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I played this last weekend and it's really bad, the 3d design doesn't work too well in a rampage game and the controls have a very stiff and clunky feeling to them

World tour is sprite based and operated in a 2d space, there's nothing 3d about it. Are you mixing it up with total destruction for the gc/ps2?

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

Grab Im Moor posted:

OK here is my N64 confession: I liked Quest 64 so much that I played through it twice. I honestly think this game had some cool poo poo in it, mainly the levelling & mix-n-match element magic systems and combat where you could move around freely without a grid, there was an element of tactics in your movement and position on the field relative to the enemies. It was all a bit undercooked yes but still unique & interesting. The story is poo poo, Secret of Mana's mutilated and rushed story feels fleshed out and polished compared to Quest's, the cozy setting and music was neat though. I feel like there was a great game buried under all this mess, with more time and effort it could have been a much needed well liked RPG title for the system.

Couldn't compete with FF7 on the playstation.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Outpost22 posted:

Couldn't compete with FF7 on the playstation.

I was a huge JRPG fan as a kid and I picked the N64 over the PSX specifically because Nintendo Power sold me on the 64DD being this console built specifically for JRPGs.

I had to spend that entire generation watching my friends play countless amazing JRPGs while I rented Quest 64 one time and quit after 2 hours.

Lol owned :(

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Hey, that was me!

Nintendo Power: "Oh yeah, the 64DD is coming out any minute now, check out these couple of blurry screenshots of Earthbound64..."

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

FoolyCharged posted:

World tour is sprite based and operated in a 2d space, there's nothing 3d about it. Are you mixing it up with total destruction for the gc/ps2?

yes

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Yowch, embarrassing.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Yowch, embarrassing.

lol

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I downloaded Fortnight to check out the Unreal 5 tech. It's not bad, just add in the Shock Rifle and Flack Cannon, that's all I'm asking. Maybe a few Necris skins, a couple of Iron Guard or something. They'd fit right in!

It pains me to see Epic's history forgotten with all those other video game characters running around. Doom Guy's there! I guess they just want to keep the old people out.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
replace the 15 minutes of wandering a huge empty battle royale map each time u die with instant respawns 30 feet from the action and maybe it'll be good

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

replace the 15 minutes of wandering a huge empty battle royale map each time u die with instant respawns 30 feet from the action and maybe it'll be good

You’ve got to think someone at some point in the future will do exactly this and try to sell a game as “battle royale where you can get right back into the action!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Yowch, embarrassing.