Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
My chocobo has been colibri pink for years mostly because I briefly experimented with changing it and then forgot about it. I literally don't even remember how to change their color nor do I care enough to look it up! I love my pink chocobo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I would like a blue chocobo but also it seems annoying to do

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Now I'm tempted to just throw all the color-changing fruit I still have in my saddlebag at my dude and see what happens

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Shinjobi posted:

My post is directed at everyone, including me, and I don't give a gently caress how you take it:

What's your chocobo rocking? I've got mine looking like Yojimbo.:shobon:

...why is it always night when I want to take a photo?

Pope-obo

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Yojimbo hat is the best hat, although that would change if everyone else thought so because one of its main virtues is that I can always tell my boy apart

...odin barding because it's edgelordy and makes me laugh

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I love the "arms" on the front because it's like a Halloween costume for a dog where you dress it like a man.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, I've been tempted to get one of the bardings with beefy arms because that poo poo is hilarious

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Shinjobi posted:

My post is directed at everyone, including me, and I don't give a gently caress how you take it:

I grabbed the pioneer barding from the island sanctuary with my first 4,000 blue shells and never looked back.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
my chocobo is red because red ones go faster

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Shinjobi posted:

Rain coat and black mage legs

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Consummate Professional posted:

I would like a blue chocobo but also it seems annoying to do

All you do is calculate the fruit needed and do a one time marathon feeding.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Shinjobi posted:

Mine's named Tritoch, it's green with the Ruby Weapon barding because it's the closest I can get to that sprite's general color scheme.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Shinjobi posted:

I know I've got Bozjan on the body, I think the other pieces might be Light? *actually logs in to check* Wild Rose head, Bozjan body, Light legs.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

This isn't directed at ImpAtom or anything but I find it curious when people go off about how the only reason to play the generic human is cuz theyre boring cishet guys irl and how it's much more enlightened to play a sexy lady just completely ignore the fact that women exist who play male characters.

to be fair here every woman I know who plays a male character plays a cat, elf, or bunny.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

IthilionTheBrave posted:

If I'm tank in a dungeon and no one uses LB I like to pop it immediately after the last boss dies.

I pop the tank LB at around ~7-8%. You are not allowed to spend that LB to get the “kill shot”, you should’ve used it earlier. :colbert:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Countblanc posted:

to be fair here every woman I know who plays a male character plays a cat, elf, or bunny.

The game offered me the oppertunity to take a trip to Build A Bishi Elf and that's an oppertunity I will always take.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

what are you people doing that exposes them to this many players to make weird judgements- i just raid, fish, and slam leves once a week to make ameliance loving gallons of tea.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Vitamean posted:

never, ever feel like you have to justify being a hater.

This is true. Here's my bias: Tank+Healer couples with the same last name are always sketchy at best, group-ruiners at worst

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

odin barding has the silly horsey legs and sephirot has the swole arms, so both of those are top tier

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Mister Olympus posted:

This is true. Here's my bias: Tank+Healer couples with the same last name are always sketchy at best, group-ruiners at worst

please, i dont limited it to tank/healer
never trust surname sharers

RME fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 10, 2022

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I've been using the pioneer barding for a bit, but my favorite is the raincoat.

Yukiko's chocobo is Raptor Blue because she's blue, da ba dee. Freyr's is Wine Red, because he's Dalmascan.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 10, 2022

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mister Olympus posted:

This is honestly the only time I immediately lower my expectations upon zoning in to a duty.

I forget what barding my chocobo is using because I change it so often and I haven't done outdoor stuff much recently. He's Dalamud red because after all the time I spent trying to nudge him into rolanberry red, the game refused and kept shifting him to the next step over from it every time.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I encountered a worse permutation of the couple name in Sastasha on Dynamis the other day: a tank who was a copy of an NPC, alongside a dancer literally named "(NPC)'s Wife"

(The tank was also single-pulling and possibly single-targeting, in a way that made me wonder if they were someone's noob friend pulled in for sexy RP times, but they had a fully blinged-out adventure plate. Who knows?)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

i occasionally want to try coloring my chocobo but made the mistake of giving them a name that implies a yellow or yellowy color and think the name is pretty ace as these things go

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

hexwren posted:

i occasionally want to try coloring my chocobo but made the mistake of giving them a name that implies a yellow or yellowy color and think the name is pretty ace as these things go

Misnomers can be fun!

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Mister Olympus posted:

oh god, i had one of these where all three people lived together and had the same surname. it was just The Sunken Temple of Qarn but it was the longest The Sunken Temple of Qarn. only one of them (the tank) would type and they kept arguing with me when we were repeatedly wiping to the doom mechanic and i was trying to explain to them how to avoid the instadeath. i was healing and they were telling me that i was upsetting them and that i was toxic because i refused to heal them. i logged off for a long while after that group

biceps crimes fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Dec 10, 2022

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Antivehicular posted:

I encountered a worse permutation of the couple name in Sastasha on Dynamis the other day: a tank who was a copy of an NPC, alongside a dancer literally named "(NPC)'s Wife"

(The tank was also single-pulling and possibly single-targeting, in a way that made me wonder if they were someone's noob friend pulled in for sexy RP times, but they had a fully blinged-out adventure plate. Who knows?)

I keep thinking to respond to this with a guess on who that NPC was, but I keep stopping and second-guessing myself, I've had like three ideas.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Cleretic posted:

I keep thinkign to respond to this with a guess on who that NPC was, but I keep stopping and second-guessing myself, I've had like three ideas.

There are so many options.

Unfortunately my waifu (gender neutral) is one of them, so I could be about to be bowled over by shame.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Cleretic posted:

I keep thinkign to respond to this with a guess on who that NPC was, but I keep stopping and second-guessing myself, I've had like three ideas.

It was one of the usual suspects, but I don't want to directly name these people because they weren't assholes or anything, just... making weird personal choices in a video game

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I don't think I've ever seen a wipe or any major problems with a T/H couple in a dungeon, actually. The only dungeon troubles that stick in my memory are getting an individual tank or healer who afaict is completely drunk out of their mind and/or aren't paying attention to anything going on. Otherwise, worst I see is just a little slower than usual, but rarely slower than a Trust would be.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Cirrus and I are super cozy for the winter

edit: and also ready for fightin'!

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 10, 2022

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
My chocobo, Khamsin, is Othard Blue, and has been rocking the barding crafted from the Endwalker EX4 trial drop, as befits a Wind of Destruction.

Also, race chat earlier overwhelmed my poor impulse control, and now I've got four Fantasias sitting in my inventory, and my catgirl is now a female midlander hyur. :argh:

That said, I am pleased with the appearance I came up with (my terrible fashion sense notwithstanding):

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

W.T. Fits posted:

My chocobo, Khamsin, is Othard Blue, and has been rocking the barding crafted from the Endwalker EX4 trial drop, as befits a Wind of Destruction.

Also, race chat earlier overwhelmed my poor impulse control, and now I've got four Fantasias sitting in my inventory, and my catgirl is now a female midlander hyur. :argh:

That said, I am pleased with the appearance I came up with (my terrible fashion sense notwithstanding):

What no that's a nice outfit

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
My birdy boy Nibelheim is Dalamud Red and in the Red Mage Barding from Eureka. I don't know why it's called that, as it looks nothing like Red Mage Job Gear, but I think it looks snazzy regardless.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
How does interruption of casts for suffering damage work? Is it a scaling % risk according to the magnitude of the hit or what? Can a BLM use Manaward to tough it out through an orange circle?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SuperKlaus posted:

How does interruption of casts for suffering damage work? Is it a scaling % risk according to the magnitude of the hit or what? Can a BLM use Manaward to tough it out through an orange circle?

It's a threshold based on actual damage taken IIRC which means if you shield and take less than that or 0 you can cast through it. Surecast, your knockback immunity, also guarentees you won't stop casting even if you take all but 1 HP.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

W.T. Fits posted:

How is this terrible fashion, you look right out of Clueless

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Mister Olympus posted:

oh man I really wish you didn't pair my post with this opinion

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Shinjobi posted:

Got my chocobo landsknecht drip to match my wol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Hell yeah, more outdoor decoration rewards! A thing I can absolutely use and not just keep in my bag for the rest of time

I really hope they follow through with their talks of putting furnishings on the island.