Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

Yeah I posted that before i finished rampage, very curious who ftr is facing.

My guess is The Kingdom. The Gunns don’t seem appropriate and JayFF Jarrett is too gimmicky. FTR have said they want to work with The Kingdom and were allegedly big backers for them being brought in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

My guess is The Kingdom. The Gunns don’t seem appropriate and JayFF Jarrett is too gimmicky. FTR have said they want to work with The Kingdom and were allegedly big backers for them being brought in

As funny as Jericho as ROH champ is, Jarrett as ROH tag champ would be even funnier.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

1glitch0 posted:

As funny as Jericho as ROH champ is, Jarrett as ROH tag champ would be even funnier.

:hmmyes:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’m assuming shenanigans on TV for the tag titles to sell the ppv.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

The Gunns don’t seem appropriate

Why not? They've been needling FTR for months, dressing up as them, carrying around fake cardboard ROH tag titles, etc. - seems like the most obvious direction to me

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

The Berzerker posted:

Why not? They've been needling FTR for months, dressing up as them, carrying around fake cardboard ROH tag titles, etc. - seems like the most obvious direction to me

They're not ROH for as much as there is a distinction.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They're as ROH as the ROH champion, in that they have honour in their hearts.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Jay Lethal and Jeff Jarrett would be a good team to take the ROH belts off FTR

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

1glitch0 posted:

They're not ROH for as much as there is a distinction.

according to some in the AEW threads, there is literally no difference between AEW and ROH and people that think otherwise should shut up about it.

And the Gunns feel as ROH as any other team, considering ROH is (at the moment) just a weird side quest for AEW that takes you from the main plot.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Sticky Nate posted:

Jay Lethal and Jeff Jarrett would be a good team to take the ROH belts off FTR

this will destroy the world dont do it

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

the world must die so that Global Force may live

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Gunn Club vs The Briscoes would be a better match as long as it ends up in a bloody brawl where the Gunns come out on top to prove they're ready for FTR. Could be a star-making performance with Gunn Club cheating to win and getting some heat

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
The Kingdom interferes with FTR on Weds, causing them to lose the AEW title shot. FTR then loses to The Kingdom at Final Battle putting us right back where we started before the last Final Battle.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Main Event Matt Taven finally gets his five stars to go along with being the only wrestler to win world titles in Arena Mexico and Madison Square Garden

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ring Of Honor Countdown dropped this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2GT2ORD540

Several pretty big "hey we got TV" hints dropped in there. Riccaboni saying things like "it marks the commencement of something that will hopefully catapult Ring Of Honor into a new era"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lamuella posted:

Ring Of Honor Countdown dropped this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2GT2ORD540

Several pretty big "hey we got TV" hints dropped in there. Riccaboni saying things like "it marks the commencement of something that will hopefully catapult Ring Of Honor into a new era"

They have bought a literal catapult and will fire Jay Lethal into the ocean.

But seriously if they roll out a streaming deal, I will definitely subscribe. Some kind of combined AEW + ROH pass on FITE would be ideal. Or poo poo, just included in the AEW Plus subscription.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Ha, did Garcia call Renee "Renee Young"? He's too far gone in JAS, he's even using other people's sports entertainment names.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1601425229888520192?s=20&t=x6IRhnUCr87lq9lomocOjQ

Tony's a madman, and I love it!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Preshow rules, gonna be a great show

PunishedEnzoMatrix
Jul 29, 2022

by Hand Knit

Probably won't buy the pape but definitely gonna watch that preshow

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
What a pape!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Holy gently caress Mascara Dorada.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That show looks cool.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sick lineup, can't wait

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I made a prediction game for anyone who'd like to play. :)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4019391

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i have to work during this :( it looks so good

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cobb/Dorada being the CMLL/NJPW match on ROH show is just big time Tony booking

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Cobb/Dorada being the CMLL/NJPW match on ROH show is just big time Tony booking

Maybe Tony Khan can heal the CMLL/AAA divide (there is no way in hell that he can).

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1601601953498267648?t=dwb0g2R4T-dp8V3uBAf0BA&s=19

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Guys, is this another accidental spoiler from Tony?

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/claudio-castagnoli-defends-roh-world-championship-against-dustin-rhodes

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

I want to watch the ppv but won’t be home until 5-6ish. If I purchase it from Bleacher Report is it possible to watch from the beginning right away or will I have to start mid-card then go back once the rerun is up?

Why are they starting it so early anyway?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
woah
https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/john-cena-surprise-debut

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pretty sure that's old

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

Didn't this match already happen?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Yeah, that image is promoting the match that happened on August 24th

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=345568

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Very tempted to troll some people with this now.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

HOT! New Memes posted:

I want to watch the ppv but won’t be home until 5-6ish. If I purchase it from Bleacher Report is it possible to watch from the beginning right away or will I have to start mid-card then go back once the rerun is up?

Why are they starting it so early anyway?

Idk about BR but this is possible with Fite. There's even a button for it now if you start the stream late.

I was waffling on this purchase but FTR/Briscoes III, Cobb/Dorada, and Christian/Fox vs. LFI pushed me over the edge.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Checked cagematch for the Dustin thing, and found that less than a year ago Claudio was losing to Ridge Holland in 3 minutes on Smackdown.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Idk about BR but this is possible with Fite. There's even a button for it now if you start the stream late.

I was waffling on this purchase but FTR/Briscoes III, Cobb/Dorada, and Christian/Fox vs. LFI pushed me over the edge.

Cobb/Dorada's free/preshow

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Anyone else going to the ppv? We just arrived, should be in there soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i'm excited for a full day of ROH with enough time for a 6-hour scrum after