Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The pend magician FTK is relatively inconsistent (you need to get to 6 bodies which is pretty hard) but the advantage is that you can mostly just play regular Pend Magician if it fails or you're going second. It's not really appropriate for bots since you're playing a fair game a lot of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I'd play vs that because at least it's.not Branded.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Smdh no one in here talking about the new superheavies. Yugioh POSERS

Bet you kiss the adventure engine goodnight

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
They nerfed adventure so much i dont even bother

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I would def kiss the water mage good night its true tho

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Pendulum magician ftk is pretty consistent compared to others, the vaylantz field spells and beyond the pendulum give some new options for extension, though I'm still trying to figure out an "optimal" list that isn't just adding bricks.

As far as playing against it goes, electrumite (or a starving venom that has copied electrumite) is always a good target for ash/veiler/imperm, beyond the pendulum can be crippling, as it locks you out of effects until you pendulum summon. Hitting cards that are trying to pop a scale can be crippling if you stop them from summoning level 4s.

The ftk endboard requires 4 dark pendulum monsters and either 2 bodies for verte or having drawn instant fusion. Be mindful that verte has another effect that lets you turn a monster into a dark.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Been playing exosister at locals and it’s a lot of fun. Floo is coming back now due to the ban list, and I’m just gonna say it’s only okay if I banish your cards, not the other way around.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Whoever designed floo should be punched in the face, repeatedly

It's my turn, not your turn again, gently caress off and die

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

You night as well be crying about hand traps or monsters with quick effects. Or trap cards.

The new superheavy samurai support all seems really nice.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Dec 9, 2022

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You night as well be crying about hand traps or monsters with quick effects. Or trap cards.

But (hand) traps are usually 1-2 cards at most. Floo is an entire second turn during what is supposed to be my turn

It's extremely obnoxious

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Plus the whole thing with “oh also these aren’t actually special summons despite functionally being them” that lets them bypass a lot of floodgates and hand traps

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

It's not functionally different from.your opponent setting up 1 negate that just stops your.turn effectively. In fact in a lot of cases its worse since so many decks in the meta just have gas to play over them.

Again it seems like a really to hope people who play it die.

In summary, cry about it, play one of the half dozen decks that just poo poo on it now that it doesn't have the barrier statue.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I am sorry to say this, but Tearlaments are also coming.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Set 5 pass and playing entirely on your opponents turn has been a thing since metal raiders. I get being frustrated but it's been decades calm down.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
If you are mad about floo activating dreaming town you will not be able to play tear format.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Im so ready for tears for fears, the format made for me (bc i will scoop in a heartbeat and not waste five minutes being killed)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

IshiTears are kind of boring but hard gamble tears was very funny and cool.

Live by the roulette spin!

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
First match in the Duelist Cup, I lost to Dinosaur FTK. Drew a hand going second where the only interaction was Maxx "C", which ate a Called by the Grave. My opponent ended up going into Phantasmal Lord Ultimitl Bishbaalkin, swapping it to my side of the field with Geonator Transverser, then using Bujinki Ahashima to set up a Number 33: Chronomaly Machu Mech and burn me for exactly 8000 LP

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Skios posted:

First match in the Duelist Cup, I lost to Dinosaur FTK. Drew a hand going second where the only interaction was Maxx "C", which ate a Called by the Grave. My opponent ended up going into Phantasmal Lord Ultimitl Bishbaalkin, swapping it to my side of the field with Geonator Transverser, then using Bujinki Ahashima to set up a Number 33: Chronomaly Machu Mech and burn me for exactly 8000 LP

Bishbaalkin ftk Is one of the all time best

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 10, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:ironicat:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I'm not the person telling people to die for playing an archetype I don't like. I'm sorry I guess.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Let's relax, everyone. Though, I agree that saying whoever invented floo should die is extreme lol.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I just hate that because I wasn’t playing during the time the relevant selection packs were available, some archetypes like Swordsoul are significantly harder to get into due to how UR-heavy their lists are

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Regalingualius posted:

I just hate that because I wasn’t playing during the time the relevant selection packs were available, some archetypes like Swordsoul are significantly harder to get into due to how UR-heavy their lists are

We are near Sprite and Tearlament meta, so Swordsoul's relevance is at its peak. Nonetheless, the Abyss secret pack exists, so you can always invest in that if you want modern relevance.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Oh, yeah, aside from 1500 on the new deck, that pack’s what I’ve been blowing my points on.

Also, is there no way to filter cards by whether you can break them down?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Regalingualius posted:

Oh, yeah, aside from 1500 on the new deck, that pack’s what I’ve been blowing my points on.

Also, is there no way to filter cards by whether you can break them down?

That depends on what you mean.

There is a dismantle extra cards button in the top right in the deck builder menu, but the limitation there is that it will keep a full playset (x3) for each foil rarity you have.

If you are asking for usability of a card, you can always look through your current SR/UR on the master duel meta website and see if they have been played recently. Again the limitation there is that the data is user submitted. Also, you never really know if an old card or deck may become relevant later.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
"Dismantle Selected Cards" only shows what can be dismantled IIRC

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Did they move some buttons around? I keep hitting the shop button where I thought a different button used to be. The logic there I assume being that if I accidentally go I to the shop I will be dazzled and spend money.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Also, just wondering: what decks tend to counter the Runick decks that have been going around in the event, especially if they get to go first?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Regalingualius posted:

Also, just wondering: what decks tend to counter the Runick decks that have been going around in the event, especially if they get to go first?
I am thinking some sort of 60 cards deck. :thunk:

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Floo

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Im glad they changed the gem rewards to have one of the missions be summoning the types that suck

The only xyz/ritual/synchro deck i have is super quants and oh boy are they not good anymore

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Well "good" is a stretch but at least they used to be rogueish

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

mandatory lesbian posted:

Im glad they changed the gem rewards to have one of the missions be summoning the types that suck

The only xyz/ritual/synchro deck i have is super quants and oh boy are they not good anymore

Swordsoul is a synchro deck, and Branded is a fusion deck. Both missions have their strong decks, though splitting it up is unfortunate for players who do not have decks that cover both missions.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Flair posted:

Swordsoul is a synchro deck, and Branded is a fusion deck. Both missions have their strong decks, though splitting it up is unfortunate for players who do not have decks that cover both missions.

I think youll find fusion is not a xyz/synchro/ritual

Altho yeah i forgot about swordsoul but i dont have or want that

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

If you play any deck with a Zeus line you can finish that mission pretty easy

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
The Zombie structure deck can also easily be built with a Synchro focus, which is what I ended up doing. Currently running this list:

2x Glow-Up Bloom
1x Plaguespreader Zombie
2x Maxx "C"
1x Mad Mauler
3x Uni-Zombie
2x Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring
2x Danger!? Jackalope?
3x Danger!? Tsuchinoko?
3x Mezuki
3x Shiranui Solitaire
2x Gozuki
2x Necroworld Banshee
2x Danger! Nessie!
1x Jack-o-Bolan
2x Doomking Balerdroch
1x Alghoul Mazera
1x Foolish Burial
3x Zombie World
2x Super Polymerization
2x Called by the Grave
2x Forbidden Droplet

1x Dragonecro Nethersoul Dragon
1x Starving Venom Fusion Dragon
1x Immortal Dragon
1x Shooting Riser Dragon
1x Chaos Ruler the Chaotic Magical Dragon
1xx Skeletal Dragon Felgrand
1x Baronne de Fleur
1x Red-Eyes Zombie Dragon Lord
1x The Zombie Vampire
1x Linkuriboh
2x Vampire Sucker
1x Avendread Savior
1x Dharc the Dark Charmer, Gloomy
1x Underworld Goddess of the Closed World

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

mandatory lesbian posted:

I think youll find fusion is not a xyz/synchro/ritual

I was talking about the other mission that includes fusion summons. Nonetheless, there are "decent" decks that fulfill these conditions like D/D/D and Dryton; of course, this all requires building them if you do not have them already.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Lyrilusc is a relatively cheap xyz deck that can clinch out wins on the crack back with nightingale and set up utopia future and effectively 3 to 4 solemn strikes (warning? All the solemn cards run together with in my head) ensemblue robin if going first.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Regalingualius posted:

Swordsoul is one of the cheapest decks in the game though. It runs like 6 URs plus whatever generic stuff you already probably have.