Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Miftan posted:

Heracles can easily fill in the same niche as Theseus though

I always hoped they’d do an Elysium DLC that let you fight other Greek heroes in the arena as bonus bosses. Heracles is ideal bonus boss material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
y'all it's been one single day. Has it even been one single day yet? It's been a day

https://ninerivens.tumblr.com/post/703130041186402304/i-love-her-already

https://www.tumblr.com/indepathos/703144284650700800/this-sketch-is-hella-rushed-but-i-just-had-to-draw

https://yoursarcastichorse.tumblr.com/post/703154223254208512/doodle-she-was-on-my-mind-all-day-so-i-just-had

https://zookie-art.tumblr.com/post/703130100622934016/not-supergiant-games-announcing-hades-2-just-like

https://rymslim.tumblr.com/post/703129254648496128/something-quick-for-hades-2-lets

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Would be hilarious if the fan reaction to the Underworld siblings changed the game's plot.

"We planned for Zagreus to be dead, but our creative vision was defeated by the memes."

Edit: love how almost all the art posted so far is roughs or draft material, cause like yous said, it been a day.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Hades puts Zagreus in charge of Underworld security and then Chronos breaks free.

That's gotta be really embarrassing.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

I didn't know I needed bearded Zagreus, but it's so obvious in hindsight.

His sister also has a really badass visual design. I can't wait to slaughter monsters left and right with her.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Whats with the green translucent arm for the new protagonist?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

We don't know yet!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

gently caress me.

I adored Hades. Every single thing about it. I couldn't finish it because how it made my hands feel. I want to play Hades 2 but I already know what's up :(

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

TheWorldsaStage posted:

gently caress me.

I adored Hades. Every single thing about it. I couldn't finish it because how it made my hands feel. I want to play Hades 2 but I already know what's up :(

Isn't there a god mode that significantly easier? The story and characters alone are worth experiencing imho, even if you can't really participate in the combat.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Torrannor posted:

Isn't there a god mode that significantly easier? The story and characters alone are worth experiencing imho, even if you can't really participate in the combat.

There is but I thought the combat was super fun.

You're right though, I need to suck it up and enable that thing to finally finish it

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

My guess is magic. She's definitely gonna play differently than Zag which will be interesting.

From the trailer, it notes that she's going down so it may be a non-zero chunk of levels will be above ground before actually entering Hades and descending to wherever grandpa Kronos is.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Super, super excited. Announcement is also making me want to go back and play some more of the original game, so that's also fun.

EDIT: Also - https://twitter.com/bunnyclvb/status/1601299951572484097?cxt=HHwWgoCghc30-rgsAAAA

Jossar fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 10, 2022

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
I was so sure that Hades 2 wouldn't be the next game they made, that I'm actually feeling a little weird about it?

Like I had already gotten over my disappointment about no more Hades, and consoled myself with "well, whatever they do next will be original and probably awesome". So now I'm having to actively re-hype myself for more Hades, which was the thing I really wanted a year ago. What the heck.

I also think it was kinda not great to make this announce with a long delay before the game will be available. Hopefully 2023 means like January or February, not six months from now.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

gently caress me.

Were you playing with a controller? I think it's a lot easier on your hands. I had a friend who stopped playing Hades because it was wrecking his hands, but he was using mouse and keyboard.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Klyith posted:

I also think it was kinda not great to make this announce with a long delay before the game will be available. Hopefully 2023 means like January or February, not six months from now.

I'm honestly kind of surprised that the announcement didn't conclude with "it's available in early access RIGHT NOW". The hype would see them reach their sales target in ten minutes.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Klyith posted:

I was so sure that Hades 2 wouldn't be the next game they made, that I'm actually feeling a little weird about it?

Like I had already gotten over my disappointment about no more Hades, and consoled myself with "well, whatever they do next will be original and probably awesome". So now I'm having to actively re-hype myself for more Hades, which was the thing I really wanted a year ago. What the heck.

K

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Wittgen posted:

Were you playing with a controller? I think it's a lot easier on your hands. I had a friend who stopped playing Hades because it was wrecking his hands, but he was using mouse and keyboard.

Yup, I always play controller on pc. Fighting games do me the same way

I can't imagine trying on keyboard and mouse, your poor friend

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Weapons in the trailer were a magic staff and dual wielded dagger&sickle. Since she's said to be of a magic user I'm trying to think what other types of weapons she'd use.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

OhFunny posted:

Weapons in the trailer were a magic staff and dual wielded dagger&sickle.

I hope you can unlock the Aspect of Lenin to turn it into a hammer and sickle.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Item Getter posted:

I hope you can unlock the Aspect of Lenin to turn it into a hammer and sickle.

Turn your sickle into a chakram with Aspect of Xena

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

OhFunny posted:

Weapons in the trailer were a magic staff and dual wielded dagger&sickle. Since she's said to be of a magic user I'm trying to think what other types of weapons she'd use.

A hammer is probably gonna be in the mix, or an axe, if they're trying to diversify from the first game.

Whip seems like a cool option they haven't done yet, plus you could get an Aspect of Megaera.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

An orb, with the hidden Aspect of the Scribe.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

The classic ranged mage option is a book.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Miftan posted:

The classic ranged mage option is a book.

So down for this

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Have any of you restarted Hades on a fresh file? I sort of want to but I also feel the dialog was a huge part of my enjoyment the first time around and I guess I would end up just skipping it all?

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Harriet Carker posted:

Have any of you restarted Hades on a fresh file? I sort of want to but I also feel the dialog was a huge part of my enjoyment the first time around and I guess I would end up just skipping it all?

Twice. I just don’t skip the dialog…

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I hope we can import our Hades 1 save and literally the only thing it changes is dialogue with Than, Meg, or both.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

MikeJF posted:

I hope we can import our Hades 1 save and literally the only thing it changes is dialogue with Than, Meg, or both.

Decides how many skelly statues are there, responded to with increasing confusion from melinoe

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Samovar posted:

I actually hope Heracles ISN'T in the game.

You can't tell me that Hera being the saltiest person ever would not be gold. Also he's kinda implied to be a jerk I'm curious to see if they can pull it off honestly.

That's the ghost part

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 10, 2022

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

SirKibbles posted:

You can't tell me that Hera being the saltiest person ever would not be gold.

We might be getting Zeus and Hera in a single game. Imagine having to choose between boons of those two. :allears:

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Lt. Lizard posted:

We might be getting Zeus and Hera in a single game. Imagine having to choose between boons of those two. :allears:

Oh man that's gonna be good.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

SirKibbles posted:

You can't tell me that Hera being the saltiest person ever would not be gold.

Than would not be happy to see him either. Though in Than's case he has a right to be angry. Well Hera too but that's more Zeus's fault than Heracles'.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The running joke of Hercules just not being around at all despite being one of the most pop culturally recognized Greek figures is good and imo should continue.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah gently caress 'em

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Sydin posted:

The running joke of Hercules just not being around at all despite being one of the most pop culturally recognized Greek figures is good and imo should continue.

He wasn't missed in the first game, but if Hera is in 2 then having Hercules around would be fun for drama purposes alone (though I guess Perseus or some other scion of Zeus could be used)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

He wasn't missed in the first game, but if Hera is in 2 then having Hercules around would be fun for drama purposes alone (though I guess Perseus or some other scion of Zeus could be used)

Heck, if you want drama purposes, throw in one of Zeus's mistresses.

Along those lines I'm a little sad they never got an interaction between Athena and Dusa into Hades 1 somehow.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Or all of them.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

MikeJF posted:

Along those lines I'm a little sad they never got an interaction between Athena and Dusa into Hades 1 somehow.

like Aphrodite?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Madurai posted:

Or all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Went back and did a very simple clear to celebrate, trying to incorporate a lot of cast stuff into the build in honor of our baby sister. Good to see that even though I'm terribly rusty, all the accumulated bonuses and burning the controls and reflexes into my brain enough means that a 0 Heat clear basically poses no challenge at this point.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 11, 2022