Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Delphisage posted:

Threadbanned from the chat thread, so I need to reply here.

Somewhere around 2 and 4. It's my birthday, and I'm spending it at home reading forum posts.

Hbd Delphisage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Nate RFB posted:

I'm looking forward to the Bocchi deaths supercut that will inevitably get made when it's over.

I've counted six deaths so far, but I might be lowballing it.

This episode was also a blast. "Yurucamp photorealistic sightseeing, but 3/4 of the group are out of shape introverts" feels absolutely perfect for this show. It's also unbelievably relatable and hits close to home that feeling of wanting to make plans with friends, but not really wanting to be the one to be the one to make plans. Kudos to the show also for showing something as frustrating and disheartening as being unable to really communicate well, it's both sad and believable that the rest of the band didn't realize Bocchi was actually hurting because, well, she's always like that right? I've been on both sides of that disconnect more than once, and I haven't seen much media that depicts that so easily.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I would love a gif of the rotating party boys if anyone is taking requests

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like how the group actually loves and accepts bocchi, they just dont always know how to handle her. the gang talking about how cool she is on the way there was sweet.

(I also liked how bocchi was in the seat thats slightly cut off from the others on the way there, but ryo was there on the way back. suits ryo because shes willingly a loner.)

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Endorph posted:

i like how the group actually loves and accepts bocchi, they just dont always know how to handle her. the gang talking about how cool she is on the way there was sweet.

(I also liked how bocchi was in the seat thats slightly cut off from the others on the way there, but ryo was there on the way back. suits ryo because shes willingly a loner.)

i'm glad they figured out that dragging her around in a catatonic state normally works out okay

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/fgZEQXu.mp4

Kita-chan no you can't flip off the audience like that.

Fun fact: the studio that does the EDs normally does children's anime. https://pieinthesky.jp/

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Omnicrom posted:

It's also unbelievably relatable and hits close to home that feeling of wanting to make plans with friends, but not really wanting to be the one to be the one to make plans. Kudos to the show also for showing something as frustrating and disheartening as being unable to really communicate well, it's both sad and believable that the rest of the band didn't realize Bocchi was actually hurting because, well, she's always like that right? I've been on both sides of that disconnect more than once, and I haven't seen much media that depicts that so easily.

The "Oops too late to call now, but I'm sure I'll definitely call tomorrow" scene was way too familiar for me :smith:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

ah, the classic anime beach episode, where the majority of the group are miserable weirdos about it and they don't actually go on the beach at all

love this fuckin show

sube
Nov 7, 2022

https://twitter.com/dorontabi/status/1584962758764015617?s=20&t=1GV1LkfXAqS4mmDwOTSDjA

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

absolute ryo showcase this ep as well

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
So, are we just getting the character songs for the ED now?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Ryo is Yui from K-on! but chilled out

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Talorat posted:

I would love a gif of the rotating party boys if anyone is taking requests

also I have this

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I want to know what the mangaka’s history with star-rimmed shades is to make them think they’re representative of the hip, extrovert crowd.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
The artist is Elton John, clearly.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The Yamcha death pose will never fail to make me laugh.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Every Saturday is I Can't Believe Bocchi Is loving Dead Saturday.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Died twice in one episode. Bird attack hitting like a Dragon Ball ki bomb.

At this rate this series will be over by next episode without its titular character.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Amstrad posted:

also I have this

It’s perfect, thank you!

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Is this an anime reference, or a Japanese culture reference?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Delphisage posted:

Is this an anime reference, or a Japanese culture reference?

The dance is just a Japanese culture thing at this point. The reference is fairly old.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

AlternateNu posted:

I want to know what the mangaka’s history with star-rimmed shades is to make them think they’re representative of the hip, extrovert crowd.

kongming had them too; i guess it's just a fact at this point that only cool people wear them.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

AlternateNu posted:

Novelty glasses are a general stereotype of paripi at this point and not really unique to bocchi.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Bocchi's little sister is loving savage.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

dublish posted:

Bocchi's little sister is loving savage.

you'd be savage too if your parents named you "two"

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
If you're named "two people", are you always half of yourself?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Hitori and Futari are are basically "thing 1" and "thing 2" in their parent's eyes

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Her being the spawn of a Seussian being would explain her body's tendency to spontaneously transform.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Julias posted:

Hitori and Futari are are basically "thing 1" and "thing 2" in their parent's eyes

It's not quite as bad, they're at least persons, not things :v:

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
I like this whole show so much I just read the manga up to the latest chapter and man it really just gets better. Now I'm just looking forward to see how the anime adapts all of it going forward cause its going above and beyond right now.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

polish sausage posted:

I like this whole show so much I just read the manga up to the latest chapter and man it really just gets better. Now I'm just looking forward to see how the anime adapts all of it going forward cause its going above and beyond right now.

Same here.

The manga is sweet and hits all the kind of notes you'd expect from a 4-koma. While it's more restrained than the anime there's enough panels that have the art break out that you can see why the director(?) was so drawn to this series. It also keeps it's focus on how people manage nerves/anxiety really well so I hope we get a second season to cover the later volumes. That said we should get Kukori's show this season which'll be real dang neat.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
Yeah I'm really looking forward to that one since 88kasyo junrei is a straight up rollercoaster of a band and i'm really anticpating what they are gonna cook up for that kind of influence.

polish sausage fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 6, 2022

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/tabakko/status/1600054393914564611

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Bocchi-vision continues to get better every episode

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

I can't believe Bocchi loving died, again!

Show remains excellent and hey, they can stunningly convey feelings other than anxiety and discomfort!

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
I’m glad Bocchi has someone looking out to make sure she gets her money back

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Popo posted:

I can't believe Bocchi loving died, again!
At least someone finally paid for it

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
"An unfamiliar ceiling."

I feel like there should be a Youtube video that's just a mashup of every time an anime makes a blatant Evangelion reference. Would probably make a nice recommendation list.

Also that psychic pain scene is probably the most relatable Hitori has ever gotten, and that's saying something.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 10, 2022

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SICK HACK'z concert visual felt like it could be in any 60's Prog rock promo video or film. Just great nailing of that vibe

Edit: actually would love a spin off series for the other bands in Bocchi

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Was Masayuki Nonaka doing cuts for this episode?