Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kild posted:

October last year
October this year
November this year

That's a hell of a drop from Oct to Nov.

Where were we in the story October 2021? I genuinely cannot remember when anything was in this comic anymore because the last few arcs pacing have been so hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

That was the Stars and Stripes mini-arc fight

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Scholtz posted:

That was the Stars and Stripes mini-arc fight

Oh god that was only a year ago?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Volumes are not published monthly. Those are the copies sold in November of volume 36, that was published in October.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 10, 2022

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Where were we in the story October 2021? I genuinely cannot remember when anything was in this comic anymore because the last few arcs pacing have been so hosed.

That's cus Volume 36 (351-362, the chapter where Bakugou dies) was released in Oct 2022. Anything in Nov is presales and backlog stuff. Oct 2021 was Volume 32 (chapters 307-318) which was Dark Deku and lady Nagant.

e: Nov 2021

So a minor dip compared to last year

Kild fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 10, 2022

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Oh yeah I forgot about Bakugo

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Lmao I too forgot Bakugo died and another hero sacrificed his life to stitch his heart together

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I’ll take back everything I said if Bakugo dies anyways.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
jeart

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Is Jeanist a character or an action figure?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Bakugo has been dead for twelve whole chapters

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
They shoulda had mushroom girl fill him full of cordyceps and puppet him around.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

TheHan posted:

They shoulda had mushroom girl fill him full of cordyceps and puppet him around.

She's still potentially one of the most dangerous people in the world.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Until AFO reveals he gave everyone an anti mushroom quirk

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Delphisage posted:

The one thing that would be comparable would be All Might killing himself to do one more United States of Smash on AFO. But like you say, that'd be a retread of a moment the manga's already done.

All Might kills himself using the, I dunno Milky Way Galaxy Smash or some such, and then Deku reveals that there's actually another past OfA holder (who is just very shy) and he uses their quirk to revive All Might.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Ytlaya posted:

All Might kills himself using the, I dunno Milky Way Galaxy Smash or some such, and then Deku reveals that there's actually another past OfA holder (who is just very shy) and he uses their quirk to revive All Might.

And then he TnJ's Shigaraki good before defeating Kaguya with Andromeda Galaxy Smash.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

*in yammy voice* who told you that the holders started at 1?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Kild posted:

*in yammy voice* who told you that the holders started at 1?

Hori could still bring in the guy who donated the power storing half of One for All.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

TheHan posted:

I’ll take back everything I said if Bakugo dies anyways.

Every ten chapters he should die, and get a new body part sewn out of another hero's valiant sacrifice. Jeans of Theseus this boy!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

She's still potentially one of the most dangerous people in the world.

Simultaneously incredibly dangerous and also great at parties.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Meanwhile, the anime has just hit MHA's last peak with Dabi's Dance.

It's gonna be fun to watch the fall-off after this. And also make jokes about Dabi out-trending the election all over again.

EDIT: Also, Hori's Twitter sketch honoring the episode release:

https://mobile.twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1601494754981597184

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Dec 11, 2022

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I forgot bakugo died

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

I forgot bakugo died

He got better

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Larryb posted:

He got better

He got threader.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Wasn't that about a year ago? Between COVID time and the comics pacing I can't recall.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It was in August iirc

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-375/chapter/25942?action=read
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015200

It's so great that I get to be bored by Ochako and Toga in both the anime and the manga this week. Kismet.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What is happening at the last panel on page 7? It looks like it's Toga drinking the blood, but that person has black hair, not blonde.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm extremely confused as to when the Twice clones got Froppy's goggles. She just suddenly doesn't have them anymore.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

What is happening at the last panel on page 7? It looks like it's Toga drinking the blood, but that person has black hair, not blonde.

Toga shapeshifted into Froppy to confuse Ochako (and presumably other heroes) and drank Jins blood, while real Froppy was too distracted due to being attacked by Noumous and everyone else was hesitating about which Froppy is real. There are literally two Froppies on the preceding panel.

EDIT:

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I'm extremely confused as to when the Twice clones got Froppy's goggles. She just suddenly doesn't have them anymore.

The hurt Froppy is the real Froppy. After the warp, you see that the real Froppy is hurt and doesn't have her googles. The uninjured Froppy is Toga and when she shapeshifts, all of her clothes (including the goggles) become part of the new form.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 11, 2022

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I was looking for that too.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Lt. Lizard posted:

Toga shapeshifted into Froppy to confuse Ochako (and presumably other heroes) and drank Jins blood, while real Froppy was too distracted due to being attacked by Noumous and everyone else was hesitating about which Froppy is real. There are literally two Froppies on the preceding panel.

EDIT:

The hurt Froppy is the real Froppy. After the warp, you see that the real Froppy is hurt and doesn't have her googles. The uninjured Froppy is Toga and when she shapeshifts, all of her clothes (including the goggles) become part of the new form.

Oh, okay, that makes more sense now.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Dolash posted:

Are the Twice clones actually clones of Toga transformed into Twice, rather than clones of Twice himself? Like, when the blood transformation runs out, do any surviving clones just turn back into Togas?

i have to imagine when the transofmration runs out so do the clones. otherwise it's another stunning example of insane incompetence from afo, he could have just had toga drink a drop off to the side and store up a few of the clones before repeating the tactic whenever they got attacked

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Lt. Lizard posted:

EDIT:

So Toga shapeshifted into Froppy for a couple panels and all it accomplishes is to confuse the readers as to what's going on.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Twice's power not being AFO'd is insane to me. dude could just make mass-produced Nomulikes at that point

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

FilthyImp posted:

Twice's power not being AFO'd is insane to me. dude could just make mass-produced Nomulikes at that point

The doctor did manage to copy Twice's quirk, but he only gave it to one of the little nomu that Mirko killed back at the hospital. You'd think he would have at least put it in a high end or something.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

RIP in peace Mocha.

Kaliedoscope
Dec 8, 2013

Scholtz posted:

Lmao I too forgot Bakugo died and another hero sacrificed his life to stitch his heart together

I feel like the fact that you could forget that the main deuteragonist and rival of the entire series died despite it happening only a month or two ago says a lot about just how hosed the pacing really is.

edit: wait poo poo it actually happened in August, what the actual gently caress

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Even sillier is she should have Tomura's or AFO's blood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I could see AFO being against giving Toga his or Shigaraki's blood on the grounds of not trusting her enough with his powers. With Shiggy he has some degree of control over him, Toga is still a bit of a wild card, even if she's useful right now.

EDIT: Either that or her copying all their quirks at once would instantly destroy her brain.