Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

I miss the days when the dumbest thing Musk did was launch a car into orbit for no real reason.

That wasn't even the dumbest thing he did that day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I'd like to see the earth away team musk is forming play bridge simulator.

Watch them fail spectatularly at stopping the romulan threat

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Musk: "You! the one who is djing now; ANSWER"!

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Binary Logic posted:

Forcing employees to sleep overnight in the office and all weekend + "hey now's a good time to remind you all about NDAs" + removing all janitorial staff and their prying eyes (+ removing all the coffee machines?!) is like the opening scene of a horror movie or murder mystery.

If he asks you to dress up like Grimes, run

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Binary Logic posted:

Forcing employees to sleep overnight in the office and all weekend + "hey now's a good time to remind you all about NDAs" + removing all janitorial staff and their prying eyes (+ removing all the coffee machines?!) is like the opening scene of a horror movie or murder mystery.

Documentary on the upcoming life of a Twitter employee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJJGAInln0c

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

kru posted:

musk idiot

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
ol' musky making us ponder the boundary between employee and hostage

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Its amazing how he thinks anything his doing is actually improving his image rather than making him look insane.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Documentary on the upcoming life of a Twitter employee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJJGAInln0c

Will check it out. There's also Exam, if there are any qualified candidates hardcore coders looking to move up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkdt2Sygew0&t=5s

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

https://twitter.com/BrandyZadrozny/status/1601674185591640066

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

just trying to get my former employees killed for some reason nbd

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I use Tweetdeck with the trending topics set to UK and it mostly seems OK. But recently I've been opening up the main twitter.com UK trends and increasingly odd stuff is starting to make its way in there.

Yesterday "Queen" was trending with 800K+ posts and it was just random tweets that featured the word "queen" but with no specific trend.

At the same time "Laptop" was trending with 1.7K curated posts about Hunter's laptop which didn't seem to be from UK posters because nobody here remotely cares about it outside of internet weirdos like me.

I've also noticed a lot of American only stuff leading into the UK trending topics recently. You know instead of the name of 9 footballers and 1 Tory everyone is calling a oval office like normal.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Data Graham posted:

Flashing back to when Trump was freaking out on a daily basis about FIND THE LEAKER when there were news stories coming out about how dysfunctional and insane his Oval Office was, and when he brough in the Mooch to FIND THE LEAKER

Elon just going through Trump's old tweets like a script to reenact

The nonstop firing and resignations of Trump's first year inspired one of my favorite Goon Christmas songs. Especially the part of the MOOCH: "I got rid of the leak! Whoever that was. It was Reince."

https://soundcloud.com/micheldevon23/a-donnie-trump-christmas-1

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Mmm oh yeah this definitely has no intersection whatsoever with the notable uptick in targeted violence against LGBT folks, nope

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice
Rocket explodes on the moon killing Steve aioki

Nusk: hmm troubling. Makes u think

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

tesla really should be doing what they can to force musk out at this point

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

A LOVELY LAD posted:

Rocket explodes on the moon killing Steve aioki

Nusk: hmm troubling. Makes u think

If only they’d sent more photographers. When will they learn

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

same with SpaceX, everything possible to minimize him and force him out before it affects anything critical.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
But if they force him out how will they get money for thier space party bus?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

kazil posted:

He controls about 25% of Tesla, gonna be hard to dig him out. The only silver lining there is last I heard about half his shares are being used as collateral for loans so I suppose if something crashes hard enough he'll be forced to liquidate

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Treecko posted:

But if they force him out how will they get money for thier space party bus?

I'm sure the people that actually do things at SpaceX are perfectly fine sucking government tit in perpetuity

Offler
Mar 27, 2010
Both companies' safest bet right now is probably to keep as quiet as possible since Melon spends all of his time posting on Twitter and dorming it up with his live-in employees at the office. They probably haven't heard much from him in weeks at this point, so the last thing they want to do now is remind him that there are two other companies he could implement his newfound love for hardcore at.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I vote we send him to Judge Judy, that outta straighten him out

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

the world's dumbest journalists are trying to make hay from the twitter files

https://twitter.com/AntonyGreenElec/status/1601685804719362049/photo/1

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
pray for planet of the apes future where elon is top of the apes' list of humans to gently caress up

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Mx. posted:

I saw noted canadian reactionary columnist idiot Rex Murphy has some column on that subject which I will not read. That guy sucks all kinds of rear end and looks like a popeyed version of steve bruhle

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Mx. posted:

Can't believe President Biden ordered Twitter to ban his Republican challenger ahead of the election in order to illegally retain his grip on power. Sad!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

MrQwerty posted:

same with SpaceX, everything possible to minimize him and force him out before it affects anything critical.

SpaceX can't, Elon owns a controlling share.

I'm sure all the SpaceX people are very happy that Elon has a different set of jingling keys to be distracted by.

Azhais posted:

He controls about 25% of Tesla, gonna be hard to dig him out. The only silver lining there is last I heard about half his shares are being used as collateral for loans so I suppose if something crashes hard enough he'll be forced to liquidate

Only 20% now! It's getting easier every time he has to sell tesla to keep the lights on in twitter! OTOH no way are half his shares being used as collateral -- he sold off a lot of shares to put real cash into the twitter deal. If there are still loans with tesla collateral they're smaller.

However, there's a lawsuit about his compensation & bonuses at tesla, we'll have to see where that goes. I think it's vaguely possible that he could be forced to give back some of the $50 billion worth of shares he was given in bonuses for stock price targets.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Klyith posted:

Only 20% now! It's getting easier every time he has to sell tesla to keep the lights on in twitter! OTOH no way are half his shares being used as collateral -- he sold off a lot of shares to put real cash into the twitter deal. If there are still loans with tesla collateral they're smaller.

However, there's a lawsuit about his compensation & bonuses at tesla, we'll have to see where that goes. I think it's vaguely possible that he could be forced to give back some of the $50 billion worth of shares he was given in bonuses for stock price targets.
If shares continue falling, I'd be able to buy Musky out soon enough

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Muskmelon

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
https://twitter.com/Twitter/status/1601692766257709056
https://twitter.com/Twitter/status/1601692772678762496
https://twitter.com/Twitter/status/1601692776684736512

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

LMAO so fuckin petty

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

It would be very interesting to see if they will leak anything from a European team member as that would definitely be a breach of GDPR.

I dont have a clue how the US version works so I'm not sure if anything posted so far would breach it.

That's adorable.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Don't Apple remove apps for circumventing them as a payment processor?

am I going mad

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kru posted:

Don't Apple remove apps for circumventing them as a payment processor?

am I going mad

he's charging more money to subscribe on iOS because Tim Apple told him exactly what you said

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I use Tweetdeck with the trending topics set to UK and it mostly seems OK. But recently I've been opening up the main twitter.com UK trends and increasingly odd stuff is starting to make its way in there.

Yesterday "Queen" was trending with 800K+ posts and it was just random tweets that featured the word "queen" but with no specific trend.

At the same time "Laptop" was trending with 1.7K curated posts about Hunter's laptop which didn't seem to be from UK posters because nobody here remotely cares about it outside of internet weirdos like me.
This is just how trending topics has always worked for me. Like "Labour" would trend in New Zealand but it's pages and pages of tweets about foreign political parties that happen to also be named Labour with only one or two local tweets about our political party's headlines.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
It's a mad world

But as the last Apple object I used was a Macintosh in the 90's, they might? Maybe?

Charging more to use an app based on provider seems inane

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Better learn how to jailbreak your phones iOS Twitter users.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's not uncommon. Plenty of systems exploit the laziness of their users to skim a percentage off the top because they know they won't look around and see the option available that is for 15% less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Lmaooo $11