Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Nuts and Gum posted:

If by secrets you mean hugging every wall around every blind corner to find some hidden room then I agree, insanely stupid.

The best part about the game was the manual lol

i wasn’t a big fan of tunic either but no those are not the secrets i mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Some people just don't deserve Tunic. It's fine

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Arist posted:

eh, it's okay

It's ok in some areas, really good in others, and bad in a few. It's not an even game, but imo there's a lot to like. I even liked it when it was catastrophically broken.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Did they ever fix the AI or is that still essentially non-existent

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The only real glaring problem left in Cyberpunk is the huge drop in quality in everything after the heist.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Escobarbarian posted:

Is it a hot take that I prefer Cyberpunk (now it’s fixed) to Witcher 3? I like the gameplay so much more, although other than that I think it’s just preferring sci-fi over fantasy.

I can’t rate one over the other. It’s too hard and they scratch different itches in that certain cdpr way no other dev does. They’re both in my all time favorite list. I might put The Witcher 3 ahead but probably because I’m someone who absolutely loves the gameplay/movement(default slower one!)/combat.

Both games are so good though. Even with their track record with technical issues cdpr is an automatic buy for me from now on.

Also yeah, I definitely prefer fantasy to scifi so whichever flavor is your preference will probably pull you towards that one.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Nuts and Gum posted:

If by secrets you mean hugging every wall around every blind corner to find some hidden room then I agree, insanely stupid.

The best part about the game was the manual lol

it is you who is insanely stupid, actually

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Cyberpunk is better than Witcher 3 because guns are cool and fantasy is boring

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’m playing Nex Machina with a friend using SharePlay and couch co-op. If the 60 minute SharePlay session ends we get Game Over without the option to just start a new one.

Are there still zero options to extent a 60 second streaming timer they decided to put on me playing a game with my friend? Some of these arcade mode sessions before going back to the menu are long and that sucks.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

oops wrong thread

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lads lads lads. goal!!!

I’m assuming you’ll have edited by the time I post this but still

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I bought Cyberpunk around six months ago and it ran fine and played good (as an RPG, not as an action game - if you're looking for an FPS you are going to be very disappointed). I saw a few bits of open world jank but it was nothing bad and I never lost progress because of it, it would be just strange physics things or audio glitches. It happened maybe a dozen times over my playthrough. All open world games have weird bits of jank in them occasionally, it just comes with the genre.

I would recommend the game if you like Cyberpunk (the genre) and are ok with the occasional whiff on story, mostly due to RPG conventions and manpower.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

The only real glaring problem left in Cyberpunk is the huge drop in quality in everything after the heist.

Main story doesn't always live up to how cool the opening hours are, but I don't think the drop in quality is that severe. There's a bunch of really cool missions. And the larger side stories and even some smaller missions are consistently good. It is slightly front loaded though because everything up through the heist is so good. My only actual complaints are that A. The first mission where you steal the drone is really misleading with all of the choice it gives you. A mission widely featured in promo material. And absolutely nothing else like that exists in the game and B. It's really easy to get way too far in the main story really quickly and then just go mess around with side stuff for 70 hours and forget what was even going on.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've been playing tunic and I think the 2nd best part of the game is the manual. Best part is the exploration. But it's a very very flawed game. Game designers a long time ago realized that using a different language in game is a bad gameplay decision. Unless you have a mechanic that makes things automatically translate you are just annoying the player.

Also, going for the souls mechanic rather than Zelda is another massively limiting factor. When I beat the 3rd major boss the achievement said 9% of players had done it. The designers done screwed up if that low a player count is getting that far into their game. That's just facts.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Do you ever actually have to translate the language? I'm not super far but I just got the impression you were supposed to stumble through based on what's in the manual and what you can surmise from context. It never occurred to me to try figuring out what the signs actually say.

The game is way too punishing though. Those turrets that pop up and fire volleys of like 6 rapidfire shots at you are insane because if like 2 or 3 of the shots hit you, you're dead. And they're just random low-level "enemies" that appear in the world. If the game's equivalent of an Octorok has the capability of doing like 250% of your total health in damage every 2 seconds, there's definitely something off.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Volte posted:

Do you ever actually have to translate the language?

No, not even to get the good ending

Volte posted:

The game is way too punishing though. Those turrets that pop up and fire volleys of like 6 rapidfire shots at you are insane because if like 2 or 3 of the shots hit you, you're dead. And they're just random low-level "enemies" that appear in the world. If the game's equivalent of an Octorok has the capability of doing like 250% of your total health in damage every 2 seconds, there's definitely something off.

You're either going the wrong way or missing something significant in the manual

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Tunic is very punishing when you aren’t doing what it wants but the upgrades are pretty powerful. There is a tool you may not have yet that makes those things easy.

And if that fails, just turn on god mode in accessibility settings. I ended up doing that for the majority of the bosses

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Tunic is a game that wants you to use your brain and think laterally. If you choose to beat your head against a brick wall instead of walk around it, it'll let you. And that's why it owns. There's no Mimir telling you to read the loving manual, brother

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

But also the combat sucks and no amount of reading the manual can change that

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Reading the manual can make combat easier and your skill less important

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Tunic sounds like something I wouldnt enjoy

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
yeah…..a video game!!!

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It's definitely not for everyone. As this page demonstrates lol

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The Forspoken demo is pretty lame. The combat is horribly boring and for gently caress's sake the dialogue must be a joke. There's generic fantasy music during gameplay but every menu has some dumb hip-hop sounding stuff that clashes big time with everything else.

Good accessibility options though and the parkour at least looks neat, but it's bound to circle by default and I really want developers to figure out that putting anything movement related to the face buttons is terrible when it has to contend with camera control.

I guess I can give them credit for utilizing the touchpad, far too few games use swipes for stuff and this does.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

For what it's worth, I do think Tunic is really good. But I see it as a 7/10 game that would've been a 10/10 if not for the combat

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Settle down thread, settle down.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fridge corn posted:

Tunic sounds like something I wouldnt enjoy

Escobarbarian posted:

yeah…..a video game!!!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Escobarbarian posted:

Is it a hot take that I prefer Cyberpunk (now it’s fixed) to Witcher 3? I like the gameplay so much more, although other than that I think it’s just preferring sci-fi over fantasy.

I've never really been attached to W3, and I like C2077 quite a bit. Gameplay in both can be a bit stunted imo but I eventually loved the story in C2077. W3 I was hyped about before release, played it for like 150 hours and never finished, eventually just decided it wasn't for me (thanks, Bloodborne!). C2077 I wasn't hyped for at all, laughed at the trainwreck of a launch, played it 6 months later and loved it. Expectations affected my judgement of both.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Waltzing Along posted:

Game designers a long time ago realized that using a different language in game is a bad gameplay decision. Unless you have a mechanic that makes things automatically translate you are just annoying the player.

wtf are you talking about, this never happened, nobody ever decided that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You don’t have to know what any of the untranslated words in the game or manual actually say to beat it, everything is in pictures and context

You do have to already have a working knowledge of how this sort of game works, though, which I guess is a weakness. You still have to recognize the context and be able to imagine your options

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!

Araganzar posted:

So my PlayStation 5 is acting like I'm constantly tapping the x button anytime I go to a system menu. I have no problem at all while playing games but as soon as I tap or hold down the PlayStation button it starts spamming it. Because of this I can't go to any menus or settings and I can't even change games. It's doing it with both of my controllers and I've unplugged all USB and hard reset the console. I don't know what to do at this point. The controllers have no problem in the one game I can play it's only when I go out to the PlayStation menu. If I reboot the system as soon as I reboot it it starts doing it until I managed to hit the left and right button fast enough to start a game....

Have you tried hard resetting the controllers themselves? I also read that Bluetooth interference may be the cause. My hunch is that it's something software related, as something similar would happen while using wireless controllers with steam on my last PC.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I beat Tunic on release and I agree it's mostly an amazing game. I enjoy games with punishing combat if it's rewarding but it's often not in Tunic. It's way overtuned. And the ending that most people will get first is also a ridiculous kick in the balls and I still haven't decided whether it rules or sucks lol

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Anyone bring up that they announced Remnant 2?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ayLGbB4AKqI

The first game was unexpectedly one of my best online co-op experience ever. Playing it with a friend is 100% recommended.

Think souls-like waypoint progression and bosses with the map generation, hordes and replayability of Diablo.

Me and my friend played it for like 80 hours.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Oh? Neat. I did like playing as a cowboy wizard, and I'm up for more of that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

cannot believe the demo of Forspoken, the game that looked utterly poo poo from the trailers, turned out to be utterly poo poo

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I played cyberpunk right at launch on a ps4 pro and that thing seemed to have just enough juice to keep the code happy so the game wouldn’t crash too often. I surprisingly had very few major bugs or crashes. But I swear something came over me where I could like feel how I had to operate within certain boundaries to not push the game and make it crash.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
After finishing Tunic I would describe it as:

Zelda x Dark Souls x The Witness x Fez x Ultima IV.

But not the best bits from each game. Except Ultima IV, the GOAT. They took the best bit from the GOAT, so Tunic is all right with me.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

I played cyberpunk right at launch on a ps4 pro and that thing seemed to have just enough juice to keep the code happy so the game wouldn’t crash too often. I surprisingly had very few major bugs or crashes. But I swear something came over me where I could like feel how I had to operate within certain boundaries to not push the game and make it crash.

I played it on a PS5 and it crashed every 2 hours, then they patched it and it crashed every 90 minutes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

I also played it right at launch on a ps4 pro and it crashed every 30 mins. it was techically a disgrace and sony were right to pull it, it should never have passed cert. great game now tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I'm gonna get back to Cyberpunk one day, maybe I'll wait for the DLC and watch the Netflix show first

What's the best origin story/gender for good character interactions