Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Is there a list of all the guys? I wanna see all the new guys. I wanna see all these guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
My only complaint about the mechanics in the game at the moment is that the challenges are rarely worth doing. It'd be great if the item levels were bumped a bit so the decision is harder to make.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Chas McGill posted:

My only complaint about the mechanics in the game at the moment is that the challenges are rarely worth doing. It'd be great if the item levels were bumped a bit so the decision is harder to make.

Absolutely. Should probably also offer blessings as well. As it is, the challenges are basically a trap.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Same with chests. The items they give are so consistently mediocre that it's usually best to just let them flee unless they're doing something immediately problematic.

In other news, I just got a Sorcerer infinite going. And then I picked up Infinity :unsmigghh:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Angry Diplomat posted:

Same with chests. The items they give are so consistently mediocre that it's usually best to just let them flee unless they're doing something immediately problematic.

Yeah half the time I actually encounter chests I get lvl 0 nonsense from them. Totally not worth it.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

IMO make chests highly likely to drop potions, and maybe make potions less likely as non-chest rewards. Now players see chests and are like "oh gently caress, a chest, maybe it'll drop a Titanbane potion" and do dumb poo poo in order to open the chest before dying on turn 3 as a direct result, which I presume to be the intended function of chests

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Chests are a great way to get level 0 items for discovery completion

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

holy poo poo i cant put this game down wtf

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Had an idea for a Keyword: Cycle.

A side with Cycle will turn into a different side the turn after it's used. Sometimes it's one way-say, a side with "Deal 2 damage, self-heal, cycle" that turns into "Deal 2 damage". Sometimes, a side will continuously cycle between 2 or 3 sides, going from "Shield 3", "Heal 3" and "Deal 3 damage".

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

This is one of the best sides I've managed to put together
e:drat could have been even stronger - I originally perma-boosted the rescue shield side (which was a better play) but I could have boosted the boost dice to double dip.

distortion park fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 8, 2022

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

distortion park posted:

This is one of the best sides I've managed to put together
e:drat could have been even stronger - I originally perma-boosted the rescue shield side (which was a better play) but I could have boosted the boost dice to double dip.

Single use? 1/10.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

One of my favorite combos is dolphin on Wizard: get that perma-boost side up to 6+ pips with the help of Ludus or Barbarian or something, then boost someone and they + the wizard can enjoy regularly dropping extremely massive sides turn after turn.

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop
I had brimstone on alchemist, echo on the insta kill side. Got Hexia from full health with a 30 damage execution

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I just learned that Stake/Terminal has an actual use -- kobolds.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I just learned that Stake/Terminal has an actual use -- kobolds.

Also mana gain sides

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Cleave, too, especially if you're hitting a back-row Archer/Sniper next to your Terminal 1 HP target.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

(one stage after this I pulled Poison Coating or whatever and gave this deathblender the Poison keyword too)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Tunicate posted:

Also mana gain sides

Junpei posted:

Cleave, too, especially if you're hitting a back-row Archer/Sniper next to your Terminal 1 HP target.

Can someone please explain these? Having trouble wrapping my head around it.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

distortion park posted:

Finally got the under 40 turns achievement. Ran into basalt but Wanderer with a plus growth from Red made short work of it

Time to try for Sub-35? Took me forever but I finally managed a 32 turn run about a month ago.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

New Leaf posted:

Can someone please explain these? Having trouble wrapping my head around it.

Terminal doubles the pips when it activates, so mana gain gets double mana and cleave deals double damage to the other targets.

Should also work with self-heal/shield, though I haven't tested those.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Does terminal kick in only if the thing you click on is that one hp? Or if any Target in your cleave is at 1 HP does it work

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

CainFortea posted:

Does terminal kick in only if the thing you click on is that one hp? Or if any Target in your cleave is at 1 HP does it work

Terminal will kick in with the one you target having one HP, it doesn't matter what the ones on either side have so you can deal big hits to full health mobs thanks to terminal. This works a treat if you have the blessing that drops the health of a bunch of mobs down to 1hp.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Mental note: blindfold and potion of mana is really fun

Another mental note: illusions are hot garbage with the all vowels give an HP curse, good lord

silvergoose fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 10, 2022

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

silvergoose posted:

Mental note: blindfold and potion of mana is really fun

Another mental note: illusions are hot garbage with the all vowels give an HP curse, good lord

Oh my god, I never considered that

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Adding more stupid stuff today

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Terminal doubles the pips when it activates, so mana gain gets double mana and cleave deals double damage to the other targets.

Should also work with self-heal/shield, though I haven't tested those.

Ahh now I see, thanks!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Tann posted:

Adding more stupid stuff today

Yes! Ha ha ha! Yes!!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Any hints on unlocking this?

It's the only monster I don't have.

Also, someone mentioned kobolds earlier.. is that them?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Given the appearances of D&D Kobolds I think they meant Bandits, which would explain the Terminal stuff-Bandits flee early if you overkill an adjacent enemy by 2 or more, and Terminal lets you do that more easily.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

New Leaf posted:

Any hints on unlocking this?

It's the only monster I don't have.

Also, someone mentioned kobolds earlier.. is that them?

It's a 1/500 variant on a normal enemy, so just a matter of time. It has a special surprise that pretty much guarantees you won't accidentally miss it when it finally shows up.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Just picked this up and it's taking over my life. Right now I'm wondering how viable the whole cantrip/free reroll strat is viable. Managed to get up to 3 reroll faces total a little earlier and was able to keep that going for 10+ rolls a few times. Didn't seem super reliable in the long run tho.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Eschatos posted:

Just picked this up and it's taking over my life. Right now I'm wondering how viable the whole cantrip/free reroll strat is viable. Managed to get up to 3 reroll faces total a little earlier and was able to keep that going for 10+ rolls a few times. Didn't seem super reliable in the long run tho.

It's when you get, say, +3 against bosses as a blessing, with a couple reroll faces, that suddenly you're going reroll-positive nearly all the time. Get a single mana cantrip (which also then gets boosted up to 4), and it's...yeah.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Yeah mana cantrip infinites are amazing basically all the time. Attack cantrip infinites will reliably kill your heroes against spikers and stuff unless you have something to make those attacks ranged (or you have Thimble).

If you have a Sorcerer and two or three reroll faces throughout your party you can pretty much just dump heinous amounts of poison on everything every turn, it rules

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

When do blessings and curses start showing up? Is that just through a secondary game mode? I've gotten two normal 20 round wins so far, thats it.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

As you do harder modes you'll get curses and that will open up cursed / blursed modes which is where the real fun starts. It's also where all the time goes. You will have so much fun you've not realised you've been sitting on the toilet for 9 hours and your butt has gone numb.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Eschatos posted:

When do blessings and curses start showing up? Is that just through a secondary game mode? I've gotten two normal 20 round wins so far, thats it.

On everything but normal. For Classic, easy will give some blessings and anything harder than normal will give some curses. People tend to be talking more about cursed/blursed mode where you get a lot of blessings and curses, which is unlocked by beating Hard classic.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Eschatos posted:

And the best way to get modes unlocked is keep an eye on the hints on the achievement page.

Cursed/blursed modes really are where it's at but they are probably not super fun till you can reliably finish runs on harder difficulties

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

Welp, I've gone from making it to round 15+ every time on normal to almost always losing in the first 10 on hard. I'm tempted to look up some strategies but I'm having fun trying to work things out myself, for now.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

What curse you roll is a huge factor in how tough your hard run is going to be. Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's a total roadblock!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

challenge after every level is a fun blessing on loot mode but also gaurantees that the anvils will give you a useless level 50 bug item instead of anything good